Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rude..........

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Manners, politeness, etIquette.........

Are they intrinsic values that you have and expect?

Are they a thing of the past?

Are they just a temporary means to an end (do people start off with these qualities and then show their true colours if things don't go their way).

Or is it simply now socially acceptable to be rude?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't know now piss off!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Manners, politeness, etIquette.........

Are they just a temporary means to an end (do people start off with these qualities and then show their true colours if things don't go their way).

Or is it simply now socially acceptable to be rude? "

Know this should be interesting getting the Popcorn and getting ready for the Fireworks

By *aughtyNurse999Woman
over a year ago

Fabville !!!

Oh i so agree no one appears to have any manners these days. I was always brought upto use my manners. maybe my parents brought me up wrong lol

over a year ago

"I don't know now piss off!"

By *amescoupleCouple
over a year ago

north walsham

I was raised to have respect and manners. Though i no longer live with my kids i am battling to do the same with them. But that feels like a 1 step forwards 2 steps back dance.

Manners, politeness and respect do seem to be a falling trait these days though.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I suppose I'm of a generation where parents instilled the positive qualities of respect for yourself as well as others, that manners cost nothing, and courtesy, discretion and honesty are good qualities.

Sadly, these do appear to be in short supply or even non-existent with some of today's younger generations (or maybe, I'm becoming a curmudgeonly old git?? )

I was taught that all of the positives as listed above apply to all walks of life.

I still practice them, even if some people test your patience to the limit these days!!

over a year ago

In real life we experience a lot of politeness with a few notable exceptions. Don't see that much has changed over the years. Here in the online world there's more rudeness, which is probably down to the fact that people are hidden behind anonymous profiles (a topical main stream news subject: trolling).

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Again I was brought up in the days when if you didn't say please, you were not given and the item was held onto until you said thank you.

It drives me mad when todays generations forget even the most basic of pleasantries.

But it also annoys me when the older generation do not practice what they preached..

over a year ago

Those who have manners and care about how they come across will more than likely say they are important.

Those who don't have them will more than likely say not important.

Those who don't have them but think they do, are probably confident enough to make a rude remark and follow it by a smiley online or punch you in the arm and say I was only joking, if they are standing next to you being rude, to show they can swap from one mode to the other and leave you to interpret their demeanour of the day.

I react better to well mannered people whatever their upbringing, than those who are well brought up to be mindful of their fellow human and know the difference but decide to use veilled insults.

I also have time for people who don't know any better but try to remain polite and are just clumsy in their approach.

First impressions are important to me and manners form a great part of how I build a relationship with a person.

I think if you are brought up with manners you will display the trait through the generations and are probably surrounded by friends and family with the same ideals, who will have no qualms in telling you to get some manners or curb your attitude and that to me is a good thing to pass on as basically rudeness and thoughtlessness have negative effects and I don't exist to hurt other people intentionally.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I think a lot of perception is down to what you already believe and are expecting to see.

If you want to see young people with no manners to reinforce your beliefs, then you will look out for and notice more of the young people who don't live up whatever standard you have devised than those who do.

I see acts of potential rudeness every day.... including older people treating younger people like scum before the teen has had a chance to show if they have any manners or not.

However, for every act of poor manners I see , I also notice dozens and dozens of acts of courtesy, politeness and manners, which show me not a lot has changed for the vast majority of society.

over a year ago

Manners, politeness, etIquette.........

No they are not but you are asking on a site for sex so i guess we can be all rude occasionally

over a year ago

day to day life i am polite curtious and use my manners for work home and the net

but lots dont but it will not stop me being polite x

over a year ago

It would be a wonderful life if everyone used the above mentioned skills, but I suppose it depends who has got out of bed on the wrong side or depends on who has a lot going on in their life and are stressed.

I for one will admit that I'm no saint and am often referred to as Victor Meldrew when I've got the arse on lol

A simple hello, a smile and someone saying thank you can make a world of difference and make for a better day

Now fuck off and do one I'm busy!!

By *ncutgemMan
over a year ago

Bath ish

Always delighted to discipline and train with a view to ensure good manners at my finishing schools

over a year ago

I've covered myself and can't be accused of bad manners as my profile clearly states that if I don't respond then sorry your not my type.....See I'm en apologising here lol

over a year ago

"I've covered myself and can't be accused of bad manners as my profile clearly states that if I don't respond then sorry your not my type.....See I'm en apologising here lol "

But that means we have to read your profile, which is asking too much!

By *iz78Woman
over a year ago

wirral

i too was brought up with manners and to respect my elders.

i have also brought my own child like this, it makes me proud when he has been to a friends for tea and the parents tell me how polite my little man is (he is 5).

it shocks me how some of his friends dont even know how to say please!

my little man has been known to shame his friends into being polite

over a year ago

"I've covered myself and can't be accused of bad manners as my profile clearly states that if I don't respond then sorry your not my type.....See I'm en apologising here lol

But that means we have to read your profile, which is asking too much! "

I think you might be on to something there pretty sure most of he e-mails I get didn't get past looking at the pictures lol

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

I have impeccable manners.... Not once have I ever wiped my cock on someones curtains

over a year ago

Manors are free and makes you feel good to be polte think its the way you are bought up

over a year ago

"i too was brought up with manners and to respect my elders.

i have also brought my own child like this, it makes me proud when he has been to a friends for tea and the parents tell me how polite my little man is (he is 5).

it shocks me how some of his friends dont even know how to say please!

my little man has been known to shame his friends into being polite "

Thats lovely to read Liz. I think its considered hip and cool to knock down people who care enough to teach their children manners, by some people.

I find with children of that age they react to what they see and if your household is a polite one they will pick up. I know that only to well when my son came home as a seven year old and called his sisters wankers, heard in his friends house

over a year ago

Respect and manners are certainly not as plentiful as they once were xx

over a year ago

"Respect and manners are certainly not as plentiful as they once were xx "

they are not.. you know I am always surprised when people make such a big deal of how well mannered my kids are.. as to me its just how it should be..

But I dont think it is acceptable to be rude... I certainly mention it if someone is rude to me.

Cali

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

I always say thank you

over a year ago

"I always say thank you "

Me too and hold doors open etc

My ten year old daughter said to me a few months ago dad when I hold doors open not many people say thank you

I said dont worry about it sweetheart you lead by example xx

over a year ago

Last week my son held a door for a group of old ladies.. they all said it was lovely to see manners still around...

The last lady as we were putting our shopping away came and gave my son a quid.. he grinned from ear to ear..as she told him what a lovely little gentleman he was...

It is something that children learn by example... I will not even get something for my children without the correct manners used..

I am amazed at how many kids come to my house and dont seem to have the concept of "May I have a drink please.."

or

" Can I have a drink please".

Although those that come to my house regular do know that its expected and all now remember..

cali

over a year ago

A please, thank you or a smile costs nothing.

I'd like to believe if I am nice to people, people will be nice to me back.

over a year ago

manners maketh man and cost nothing . Just like a smile cost nothing but can go a long way first imppressions count . No first impression the meet go's nowhere .That 's just the way we are .

S&D X

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

People have been complaining about the manners of the young since Socrates.

There are rude people of any age, however i did have an interesting conversation with the bus driver recently. They are from London originally, and expressed their surprise that up here everyone says thank you as they get off the bus.

Perhaps there are regional variations?

Oh and etiquette is completely different to manners...and is an invention to be able to look down on others.

over a year ago

How about a new group

Polite Swingers. at least you have a chance of meeting people with standards and values and speak the Queens English

S&D x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/09/11 20:10:10]

over a year ago

I'd like to see manners come back in fashion. Because they seem like a relic of a lost time.

I was brought up to say please and thank you, ask to leave the table, stand when a person of authority walks in the room and to give up my seat if either a lady or elderly person wanted it on the bus.

I routinely do it at the hospital if I see someone who is struggling to walk and I'm sat in a seat nearer the treatment room.

Treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself. If we could all live to that what a wonderful world it could become.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

One of my cousins always had a standard of manners she expected from her children.Imagine her surprise when after her son and daughter had attended a ball held at the end of the Help For Heros walk as part of their army cadet training (they had taken part in the last legs of the walk too) she had a phone call from one of the Army`s top brass congratulating her one the brilliant job she and her husband had done in bringing up two such polite, well mannered and well adjusted children!

over a year ago

Sat in the airport waiting to come home I saw a father make his son apologise to a man who he'd accidentally knocked

As the father and son walked away the man shook his head and mouthed the word - sadly manners are seen by some as a sign of weakness, for me it's a sign of courage to admit your wrong and show humility in today's world

over a year ago

Its really nice to hear about people on here who are teaching their kids good manners. I think people who are polite maybe do better in life for getting a job and getting on with people. Although sometimes if people are shy and nervous they can forget their manners and become tongue tied, i know i do myself sometimes.

over a year ago

I was brought up with manners, I have brought my kids up the same but I have noticed these days that very few parents have manners and they don't teach their kids either

over a year ago

Or is it simply now socially acceptable to be rude?

In real life we experience a lot of politeness with a few notable exceptions. Don't see that much has changed over the years. Here in the online world there's more rudeness, which is probably down to the fact that people are hidden behind anonymous profiles (a topical main stream news subject: trolling)."

Completely agree - face to face manners appear to be used on quite a regular basis, however, remove the personal side and make a stuation faceless and the probability of manners takes a deep downturn... I'd also apply this to driving, somehow being in a metal box makes 90% of people just plain rude.

There's no excuse for bad manners...ever!

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

I use to take great delight doing my disco jobs when someone would come up demanding me to play them a certain record, cd etc, with no please or thank you, I would politely tell them to go and fuck their selfs!

over a year ago

"

In real life we experience a lot of politeness with a few notable exceptions. Don't see that much has changed over the years. Here in the online world there's more rudeness, which is probably down to the fact that people are hidden behind anonymous profiles (a topical main stream news subject: trolling).

Completely agree - face to face manners appear to be used on quite a regular basis, however, remove the personal side and make a stuation faceless and the probability of manners takes a deep downturn... I'd also apply this to driving, somehow being in a metal box makes 90% of people just plain rude.

There's no excuse for bad manners...ever!"

It is strange and maybe a little sad how some people who normally show all the skills of good social behavior become rude the moment the interaction is faceless or remote.

I guess for some people good manners is intrinsic or second nature, for others it's an effort. When anything requires effort you'll always get those that can't be bothered making that effort, especially when interacting with people they are unlikely to meet.

over a year ago

Who cares,get ur gear off.the monster is coming out the cage,that usually does it lol

Post new Message to Thread