Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lower your standards

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Boys, did you have to lower your standards in order to meet people on here?

Asking for a friend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

No. Whether those that meet me are lowering theirs is another question...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Define "lowering your standards"........

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

"Define "lowering your standards"........"
define standards. I’ve not come across this word...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Desperation

over a year ago

Can't lower your standards if you never had any in the first place

over a year ago

"Desperation "

So generous coming from a female on fab

over a year ago

"No. Whether those that meet me are lowering theirs is another question..."

Sweet!

over a year ago

"Desperation "

I smell it!

over a year ago

Nope we don’t and wouldn’t

By *rsTrellisWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Boys, did you have to lower your standards in order to meet people on here?

Asking for a friend "

The lowering-your-standards question is dripping with arrogance and self-deception.

You’ve mentally ranked the women and decided what “level” you’re worthy of?

When you get no responses you “drop your standards” to deign to consider the lesser women but, all the while, reassure yourself that you’re out of their league and doing them a favour?

By *ack_at_the_farm....Man
over a year ago

woodhall spa

I don’t get what the rush for meeting is all about. Just enjoy the experience, mingle and in good time it will happen with fun compatible people. Waiting is half the fun imo

over a year ago

Asking for a friend

The lowering-your-standards question is dripping with arrogance and self-deception.

When you get no responses you “drop your standards” to deign to consider the lesser women but, all the while, reassure yourself that you’re out of their league and doing them a favour?

"

It’s a no then

By *iversong321Woman
over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

"Desperation

So generous coming from a female on fab "

So the females on here are desparate is sub standard. Is that what you are implying OP?

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Asking for a friend "

The regular squeeze might have done when he chose to message me but luckily I turned out to be fantastic so it was a punt worth taking. So tell your 'friend' nothing ventured, nothing gained.

over a year ago

evesham

"Desperation

So generous coming from a female on fab "

Well it is isn't it? Desperate to get your dick wet you lower your standards! What else is it?

over a year ago

"Desperation "

By *osmicplusMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Everyone's different...some will some won't...

over a year ago

Standards or preferences???

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Not a chance, compromise isn’t a word I use, especially around values.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I get so many messages here that I’ve had to narrow my acceptance criteria significantly.

If you’re not getting that many offers you’re doing it wrong

over a year ago

"Can't lower your standards if you never had any in the first place "

Great answer

By *ustalittleKinkWoman
over a year ago

in the shadows

Happy to lower my knickers but standards? No

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Wanders in reads thread...

Where do I start.

Perhaps it's a good job your friend didn't come and ask the question himself!...

Still perhaps with friends like that....

Wanders back to man cave shaking head in bemusement...

By *osmicplusMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Happy to lower my knickers but standards? No "

Lol

over a year ago

"I get so many messages here that I’ve had to narrow my acceptance criteria significantly.

If you’re not getting that many offers you’re doing it wrong "

Wow ... so men on here tell fibs ... they usually say they don't get many (or any!) messages.

I'll not be writing to Adam anymore

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

If you lower your standards you’re not being true to yourself.

over a year ago

No one on here will every lower your standards because most of them think they are better than anyone else on here which is why its so hard on here.

over a year ago

Not at all OP

over a year ago

"If you lower your standards you’re not being true to yourself.

"

over a year ago

"If you lower your standards you’re not being true to yourself.

"

over a year ago

Asking for a friend

"

This thread could make an excellent filter for exactly the reasons outlined above.

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

My standards for who I will meet on fab are different to the standards I use on dating sites where I am looking for a long-term relationship.

Because I don't care if my fab friend is or isn't a vegan who watches soaps, what he, she or they do at weekends etc.

My interest is for the time we will spend together, which is probably an evening, as opposed to a life time (hopefully)

over a year ago

"Perhaps it's a good job your friend didn't come and ask the question himself!...

Still perhaps with friends like that..."

Even funnier!

over a year ago

"My standards for who I will meet on fab are different to the standards I use on dating sites where I am looking for a long-term relationship.

Because I don't care if my fab friend is or isn't a vegan who watches soaps, what he, she or they do at weekends etc.

My interest is for the time we will spend together, which is probably an evening, as opposed to a life time (hopefully) "

That’s what I meant before everyone who jumped on the desperation band wagon.

Thank you bud. Top man but will you get a meet

over a year ago

"My standards for who I will meet on fab are different to the standards I use on dating sites where I am looking for a long-term relationship.

My interest is for the time we will spend together, which is probably an evening, as opposed to a life time (hopefully) "

thats more prefrences thou

over a year ago

My interest is for the time we will spend together, which is probably an evening, as opposed to a life time (hopefully)

thats more prefrences thou"

Grammar police

over a year ago

thats more prefrences thou

Grammar police "

no not at all

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Thank you bud. Top man but will you get a meet "

I'm fairly happy with the number of meets I've had in my time here.

As for the difference between standards and preferences, I'd say my standards are fairly low.

Safe sex, honesty and being a decent person. When I'm hoping to spend a long time with a person, I can be more picky.

over a year ago

evesham

Thank you bud. Top man but will you get a meet "

Should have explained yourself better then.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Nah I don't. That's why I don't meet a lot.

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Why would you? I can’t say it would be satisfying or enjoyable in the slightest and likely leave me with regret.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"No. Whether those that meet me are lowering theirs is another question..."

Exactly this.

By *lmostthereMan
over a year ago

Southampton

"No. Whether those that meet me are lowering theirs is another question...

Sweet!"

And the punching above my weight issue?

over a year ago

Forget Fab. Lots of guys lower their preferences when it's getting to the end of the night in a night club!

Maybe they're not as attractive to the women they aspire to as they think or there's not many women.

These things usually come down to numbers and competition.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Anyone who says that if they lined up Ten potential meets they wouldn't work down in order of attractivness until they got a result is kidding themselves. The other factors like personality and compatibility will alter placings obviously. But essentially you're subconciously ranking everyone you potentially wish to meet.

When you join a site like this the first thing you have got to do is find your feet. Part of that process may very well include learning that you have less chance of meeting the ladies that should really be risiding in the playboy mansion than you thought. Or one of many other characteristics.

I don't see this as lowering your standards at all. I see it more about learning about yourself and discovering who you find attractive to the point of wanting to have sex with them.

You can call bullshit on me. But I will tell you now if I go with someone who I don't find attractive I am not going to enjoy the experience and neither are they.

over a year ago

I don't believe in lowering standards just to get a meet, I'd prefer to be patient and meet people that are on my wavelength and have chemistry with.

Now I don't have many meets and I'd prefer it that way, it's about quality and not quantity

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yeah, I've definitely lowered mine coming on here, even shagged a couple of arrogant pricks I wouldn't have given the time of day down the pub...........!!

over a year ago

No. I have been told to lower my standards a few times on here but I like to keep true to me, it keeps you feeling good about your self, I'd rather not meet anyone than settle for less, still not met anyone yet though lol but iam fine with it, just know when I do get a meet it will be unreal!

over a year ago

Nope ! Won’t lower mine even if frustration kicks in ! Hang on in there and talk with manners ,respect & fun and it will happen

over a year ago

Haven't and won't, would rather not meet anybody than meet under a lie, not fair on the lady.

over a year ago

"No. I have been told to lower my standards a few times on here but I like to keep true to me, it keeps you feeling good about your self, I'd rather not meet anyone than settle for less, still not met anyone yet though lol but iam fine with it, just know when I do get a meet it will be unreal! "

We will in hope

over a year ago

"No. I have been told to lower my standards a few times on here but I like to keep true to me, it keeps you feeling good about your self, I'd rather not meet anyone than settle for less, still not met anyone yet though lol but iam fine with it, just know when I do get a meet it will be unreal!

We live in hope "

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Asking for a friend "

Oh dear ... pity any poor lady that ‘your friend’ might or has met being made to feel that she was a lower standard grading

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Asking for a friend

"

This!

You won't be for everyone, don't assume you are. however amazing you think you are.

over a year ago

"No. I have been told to lower my standards a few times on here but I like to keep true to me, it keeps you feeling good about your self, I'd rather not meet anyone than settle for less, still not met anyone yet though lol but iam fine with it, just know when I do get a meet it will be unreal!

We live in hope "

always hopeful man, they day will come eventually!

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

NEVER. I would rather do without than lower my standards. Imagine how shit you would feel about yourself if you lowered your standards to meet someone...fuck that.

over a year ago

"Anyone who says that if they lined up Ten potential meets they wouldn't work down in order of attractivness until they got a result is kidding themselves. The other factors like personality and compatibility will alter placings obviously. But essentially you're subconciously ranking everyone you potentially wish to meet.

When you join a site like this the first thing you have got to do is find your feet. Part of that process may very well include learning that you have less chance of meeting the ladies that should really be risiding in the playboy mansion than you thought. Or one of many other characteristics.

I don't see this as lowering your standards at all. I see it more about learning about yourself and discovering who you find attractive to the point of wanting to have sex with them.

You can call bullshit on me. But I will tell you now if I go with someone who I don't find attractive I am not going to enjoy the experience and neither are they."

Completely, totally and utterly agree with this xx

over a year ago

I'm looking for something meaningful so my standards are high. Whether the guys are dropping thiers to meet me I don't know. They all cum in the end anyway.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think if you lower your standards you must be getting a bit desperate for a shag tbh. I'd be gutted if I found out someone had lowered theirs to meet me.

I rather get the Doxy out than lower mine!!

By *unkydesignCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

I assume you really mean preferences? We all have different preferences whether it be a certain body type, age range etc etc. We personally wouldn’t choose to play with somebody outside our preferences as we wish to play with people that we find attractive.

Post new Message to Thread