Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mad Mikes Flat Earth Rocket.

Jump to newest

By *itmanAndHerr OP   Couple
over a year ago

st helens

An American called Mad Mike Hughes wants to prove the earth is flat. On the 25th of November he will attempt to prove there is no curvature of earth by launching himself in his home built $20,000 rocket.

Theres a growing community that genuinely believe the earth is flat. Do we have any flat earth fabbers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"An American called Mad Mike Hughes wants to prove the earth is flat. On the 25th of November he will attempt to prove there is no curvature of earth by launching himself in his home built $20,000 rocket.

Theres a growing community that genuinely believe the earth is flat. Do we have any flat earth fabbers? "

I think the clue is in his name , and no I’m not a flat earth fabber

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m a little concerned that in a such a humble, home made vehicle, his trip may be a very much one way affair....

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

If the earth is flat, what is on the otherside?

Are all celestial bodies flat, like the sun? The moon? Other planets? Or is it just earth?

over a year ago

st helens

"I’m a little concerned that in a such a humble, home made vehicle, his trip may be a very much one way affair.... "

I get the feeling he'll be hoping he doesn't make it back when his beliefs and life savings are down the pan.

over a year ago

st helens

"If the earth is flat, what is on the otherside?

Are all celestial bodies flat, like the sun? The moon? Other planets? Or is it just earth? "

Yes they're standing on end so we can see the face

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Are all celestial bodies flat, like the sun? The moon? Other planets? Or is it just earth?

Yes they're standing on end so we can see the face "

How very convenient!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll keep walking till I find the edge and see what's underneath.

over a year ago

Why not... only yesterday I had a ‘grab bag’ size of revel’s without a single coffee chocolate!

Proves, anything’s possible

over a year ago

st helens

"

Why not... only yesterday I had a ‘grab bag’ size of revel’s without a single coffee chocolate!

Proves, anything’s possible"

Bullshit!

over a year ago

Who would you believe. Professor Brian Cox or Mad Mike? Hmmm...name says it all.

If he comes down and says ita round all the other Flat earthers will say that NASA got to him as well

over a year ago

"

Proves, anything’s possible

Bullshit!"

Ow dare you !

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 23/11/17 15:14:30]

By *hinypants77Man
over a year ago

Leeds

Apparently a flat Earther took a spirit level on a plane to prove the Earth was flat!

Can’t argue with that!

Science Bitch!

over a year ago

"An American called Mad Mike Hughes wants to prove the earth is flat. On the 25th of November he will attempt to prove there is no curvature of earth by launching himself in his home built $20,000 rocket.

Theres a growing community that genuinely believe the earth is flat. Do we have any flat earth fabbers? "

Darwinism in action, accept these guys don’t believe in natural selection. That’s what this all about. If the world is round then science is right if science is right then religion is wrong. Which means which ever pointless cult they are following is a waste of time.

over a year ago

"Apparently a flat Earther took a spirit level on a plane to prove the Earth was flat!

Can’t argue with that!

Science Bitch!"

That made me laugh a bit much.

This is the sort of idiot who believes in the flat earth principle

over a year ago

st helens

I'm hoping this is going to be live streamed. Is that sick?

http://madmikehughes.com/

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

The flat earth society has members all around the globe!!!

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

What if we’re all on a version of the Truman Show and Mad Mike is the one to reach the blue wall?

over a year ago

Are all celestial bodies flat, like the sun? The moon? Other planets? Or is it just earth? "

It’s like in Stranger Things on Netflix

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

It’s like in Stranger Things on Netflix "

Ahhhhh......

over a year ago

My workmate thinks the earth is flat and we have never landed on the moon. I often have to shake my head at him.

over a year ago

He sounds a right silly twat

over a year ago

"The flat earth society has members all around the globe!!!"

over a year ago

If flying at high altitude you can actually see the curvature of the earth

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I love mad people they make the world a far more interesting place.

over a year ago

Isn't it a flat disc, balanced atop 4 elephants and carried through the universe on the back of an ancient turtle?

over a year ago

It is flat. The dinosaurs proved it

over a year ago

Theres a growing community that genuinely believe the earth is flat. Do we have any flat earth fabbers?

I love mad people they make the world a far more interesting place."

You might say they make the world go round

over a year ago

"I love mad people they make the world a far more interesting place."

Very true, they make the world more rounded

Though I think I would be more eloquent and comfortable arguing for flat earth than I ever could be for God of any description.

over a year ago

"It is flat. The dinosaurs proved it"

But isn't it true the world was made only 5000 years ago, and dinosaur fossils put there because God is a sick puppy who wants to mess with our minds...

over a year ago

"It is flat. The dinosaurs proved it

But isn't it true the world was made only 5000 years ago, and dinosaur fossils put there because God is a sick puppy who wants to mess with our minds..."

*tips fedora

over a year ago

I follow a few flat earth groups on social media, they really believe that the earth is flat and go on the attack if anyone attacks them; Professor Brian Cox enjoys poking them with a stick every now and then.

over a year ago

Apparently he’s only going up 1800 feet, did he know easy jet do flights up to 35000 feet for 50 quid

over a year ago

"I love mad people they make the world a far more interesting place.

Though I think I would be more eloquent and comfortable arguing for flat earth than I ever could be for God of any description. "

God is just a space traveller dashing about the universe teaching people maths and things. Flat earth is crazy

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Let's just hope the moron doesn't injure or kill anyone else in his futile quest when his home made rocket goes high order...

over a year ago

Though I think I would be more eloquent and comfortable arguing for flat earth than I ever could be for God of any description.

God is just a space traveller dashing about the universe teaching people maths and things. Flat earth is crazy "

What, Miss Edwards was really God... explains a lot

Anyhow flat earth is madness everyone knows it's toblerone shaped

over a year ago

I heard an amusing quote by one of the flat earthers. He said "everyone around the globe knows the earth is flat"

over a year ago

st helens

It’s like in Stranger Things on Netflix "

Nust watched a trailer. Looks good.

over a year ago

st helens

Apparently he’s only going up 1800 feet, did he know easy jet do flights up to 35000 feet for 50 quid"

That did cross my mind. But even at 80,000 feet its difficult to make out the curve.

The guy who did the redbull skydive from the edge of space was at 125,000 ft. On the footage taken from the capsule you can clearly see the curvature of the earth.

over a year ago

God is just a space traveller dashing about the universe teaching people maths and things. Flat earth is crazy

What, Miss Edwards was really God... explains a lot

Anyhow flat earth is madness everyone knows it's toblerone shaped "

I bet she got you all making pyramids too

By *od_AlmightyMan
over a year ago

Heaven

But isn't it true the world was made only 5000 years ago, and dinosaur fossils put there because God is a sick puppy who wants to mess with our minds..."

over a year ago

Nust watched a trailer. Looks good. "

Ive already answered that question... See above.

over a year ago

"Let's just hope the moron doesn't injure or kill anyone else in his futile quest when his home made rocket goes high order... "

Be nice about him. He’s only got two more days of life.

over a year ago

Apparently he’s only going up 1800 feet, did he know easy jet do flights up to 35000 feet for 50 quid

That did cross my mind. But even at 80,000 feet its difficult to make out the curve.

The guy who did the redbull skydive from the edge of space was at 125,000 ft. On the footage taken from the capsule you can clearly see the curvature of the earth.

"

I haven’t been up to 80,000 ft but I have been up to 60,000 and you can make out the curvature at that height.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"I follow a few flat earth groups on social media, they really believe that the earth is flat and go on the attack if anyone attacks them; Professor Brian Cox enjoys poking them with a stick every now and then. "

If you like to see them poked and disproved, you may like this. https://youtu.be/JgY8zNZ35uw

He merciless trolls them and dissects their claims with maths, astronomy and undeniable facts.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Well at least we will have one definite winner of the Darwin awards this year

over a year ago

st helens

I haven’t been up to 80,000 ft but I have been up to 60,000 and you can make out the curvature at that height."

I bow to your superior knowledge. I'm only looking at pilots videos

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Do subscribers of the flat earth theory believe that the earth spins like a frisbee? And can one, as many ancient cultures adhered, fall off of the edge?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

What a fucking cunt! he should believe in an all seeing, all powerful being that wants me to destroy anyone who doesn't worship it in exactly the right way like i do, and then they will go to an alternate dimension called hell rather than an alternate dimension known as paradise....

over a year ago

THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY are a group of people (I call them Scumbags)who go around the country spray painting graffiti on road signs, bridges and any object at the side of the road to draw attention to themselves.

Scumbags

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

We need a mathematician to work out the odds of the world being flat vs the odds of there being a god.

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

" We need a mathematician to work out the odds of the world being flat vs the odds of there being a god."

Pascal's wager

over a year ago

I haven’t been up to 80,000 ft but I have been up to 60,000 and you can make out the curvature at that height.

I bow to your superior knowledge. I'm only looking at pilots videos "

It’s easier to see it when you’re sitting in a single seat cockpit with a 360 degree view. Not so obvious if looking out of a tiny window a la Concorde.

over a year ago

"I follow a few flat earth groups on social media, they really believe that the earth is flat and go on the attack if anyone attacks them; Professor Brian Cox enjoys poking them with a stick every now and then.

If you like to see them poked and disproved, you may like this. https://youtu.be/JgY8zNZ35uw

He merciless trolls them and dissects their claims with maths, astronomy and undeniable facts."

Undeniable facts? Since when have they ever been persuasive?. No self respecting flat earther or Christian ‘scientist’ would let undeniable facts get in the way of moronic dogma.

over a year ago

I've been to 57,000ft and seen the curvature of earth, so I can report to mad mike that there's no need to try any longer to prove the earth is flat.

Shame though, think he's in for a good ride!

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

According to an Indian health minister from Assam state said cancer "is divine justice" caused by "past sins of a person".

The god meme can indeed be corrosive to a human mind

over a year ago

st helens

"THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY are a group of people (I call them Scumbags)who go around the country spray painting graffiti on road signs, bridges and any object at the side of the road to draw attention to themselves.

Scumbags"

Not all of them. The one i spoke to today I've known for a few years. A businessman who lives in a nice little village. His house doesn't even have graffiti on the walls. I thought he was rational.

over a year ago

st helens

I bow to your superior knowledge. I'm only looking at pilots videos

It’s easier to see it when you’re sitting in a single seat cockpit with a 360 degree view. Not so obvious if looking out of a tiny window a la Concorde."

RAF?

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"I follow a few flat earth groups on social media, they really believe that the earth is flat and go on the attack if anyone attacks them; Professor Brian Cox enjoys poking them with a stick every now and then.

He merciless trolls them and dissects their claims with maths, astronomy and undeniable facts.

Undeniable facts? Since when have they ever been persuasive?. No self respecting flat earther or Christian ‘scientist’ would let undeniable facts get in the way of moronic dogma."

it is fun to see them doubling up on their stupidity though.

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"

That shouldn't be allowed! But I to have also received a very disappointing bag of Revels with no coffee ones..

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"If the earth is flat, what is on the otherside?"

Nothing is on the other side, it's all fallen off

over a year ago

'Mad' Mike is a bit slow to catch up. It's already been proved beyond all doubt that the earth is flat by that guy who took a spirit level with him on a plane.

over a year ago

Well its flat where I am, so ...

By *amiePhuktMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Is his rocket called " I get around " ??

over a year ago

"I've been to 57,000ft and seen the curvature of earth, so I can report to mad mike that there's no need to try any longer to prove the earth is flat.

Shame though, think he's in for a good ride!"

you can see the curvature from the cruising height of a normal passenger

jet

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

"The flat earth society has members all around the globe!!!"

Around the disc surely?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/11/17 02:03:34]

over a year ago

I'd never have guessed he's a yank lol

over a year ago

"I've been to 57,000ft and seen the curvature of earth, so I can report to mad mike that there's no need to try any longer to prove the earth is flat.

jet "

Which is probably why he is only going half normal aircraft height

Not going to buy into the flat earth thing, but a couple of points of order...

This will be mad Mike's second home made rocket flight, he is a stunt performer and this is a pay per view stunt. and has a lot more to do with his ability to build and fly a rocket than anything else.

Galileo was trolled by the established science of his day using known facts and maths to show his contention that the earth orbits the sun was the crackpot theory of a mad man

The earth is most definitely toblerone shaped, but perceived as a globe that hangs in space spinning at 5000 miles an hour whilst constantly falling into the sun at an unknown (to me) velocity, but constantly missing it. While the sun is presumably also spinning and falling into an orbit around something we can't perceive.

Bloody astro physics is messed up man!

Maybe the pastafarians have the answer

over a year ago

jet

Which is probably why he is only going half normal aircraft height

Not going to buy into the flat earth thing, but a couple of points of order...

This will be mad Mike's second home made rocket flight, he is a stunt performer and this is a pay per view stunt. and has a lot more to do with his ability to build and fly a rocket than anything else.

Galileo was trolled by the established science of his day using known facts and maths to show his contention that the earth orbits the sun was the crackpot theory of a mad man

The earth is most definitely toblerone shaped, but perceived as a globe that hangs in space spinning at 5000 miles an hour whilst constantly falling into the sun at an unknown (to me) velocity, but constantly missing it. While the sun is presumably also spinning and falling into an orbit around something we can't perceive.

Bloody astro physics is messed up man!

Maybe the pastafarians have the answer "

Less than 2,000 mph - but the rest I agree with .

which flavour Toblerone btw?

over a year ago

It's actually closer to 1000mph, but 5000 has a nice ring to it... also just looked it up

"The Earth's orbital speed around the Sun: 30 km/s (108,000 km/h, ~70,000 mph) The Sun's orbital speed around the Galaxy: ~200 km/s (720,000 km/h, 450,000 mph)"

Doesn't give a galaxy round the universe speed, but it makes you think, we don't need faster engines for interstellar travel, we just need to learn how to stop

Don't think the flavour of toblerone is important, just the shape each chunk is one dimension, so the size may or may not be infinite

over a year ago

"It's actually closer to 1000mph, but 5000 has a nice ring to it... also just looked it up

"The Earth's orbital speed around the Sun: 30 km/s (108,000 km/h, ~70,000 mph) The Sun's orbital speed around the Galaxy: ~200 km/s (720,000 km/h, 450,000 mph)"

Doesn't give a galaxy round the universe speed, but it makes you think, we don't need faster engines for interstellar travel, we just need to learn how to stop

Don't think the flavour of toblerone is important, just the shape each chunk is one dimension, so the size may or may not be infinite"

let me just chew that over .....

over a year ago

Just had a brain wave, I remember watching the top gear episode where they go to the Namibian desert and travel along the salt flats, they even said at ground level because of the expanse of the flats you can clearly see the curvature of the earth. I don’t know if I’m being a complete tit but I’m pretty sure that’s true and if it is, doesn’t that disprove flat earth after all?

over a year ago

"Just had a brain wave, I remember watching the top gear episode where they go to the Namibian desert and travel along the salt flats, they even said at ground level because of the expanse of the flats you can clearly see the curvature of the earth. I don’t know if I’m being a complete tit but I’m pretty sure that’s true and if it is, doesn’t that disprove flat earth after all?"

I wouldn't take anything they say without a pinch of the proverbial ")

You can't get flatter that being out at sea & I certainly can't recall seeing it there

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

It's only just clicked how low he is going. 1,800 ft is nothing. Pen Y Fan in Wales which I have walked many many times is 2,900ft. He could go up a large hill and get to 1,800ft! The Shard is over 1,

This guy is risking his life for nothing. That height isn't enough to see the curvature of the earth, but is certainly high enough to kill yourself.

over a year ago

st helens

"Just had a brain wave, I remember watching the top gear episode where they go to the Namibian desert and travel along the salt flats, they even said at ground level because of the expanse of the flats you can clearly see the curvature of the earth. I don’t know if I’m being a complete tit but I’m pretty sure that’s true and if it is, doesn’t that disprove flat earth after all?

I wouldn't take anything they say without a pinch of the proverbial ")

You can't get flatter that being out at sea & I certainly can't recall seeing it there "

As much as I'd love to believe Top Gears Manfact, the fact is the human eye cannot see far enough to see the curve of the earth from ground level.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

I do quite like this as a thought experiment. A way of exploring the idea that we shouldn't take for granted the information that we are expected to believe. We should be challenging these things. I like the ideas and explanations supporting the Flat Earth theories, they'e fun.

But then I notice that a lot of these people are serious. And very thick. Then I lose interest.

By *ccasionalfunCouple
over a year ago

hereandthere

Darwin award is already printed out

over a year ago

st helens

"I do quite like this as a thought experiment. A way of exploring the idea that we shouldn't take for granted the information that we are expected to believe. We should be challenging these things. I like the ideas and explanations supporting the Flat Earth theories, they'e fun.

But then I notice that a lot of these people are serious. And very thick. Then I lose interest."

I haven't seen one valid supporting theory.

Also i think science, physics and technology have pretty much proved beyond reasonable doubt that we are on a spherical earth. Putting a ruler up to the horizon or propelling yourself a couple of thousand feet into the sky in a giant firework isn't a serious experiment. Do they have any support from a respectable source?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Their conference was in America . Need i say more

over a year ago

Nust watched a trailer. Looks good. "

Oh it really is!!

over a year ago

"My workmate thinks the earth is flat and we have never landed on the moon. I often have to shake my head at him."

You’d be better shaking his head !

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Their conference was in America . Need i say more "

That's nothing! There's loads of people who believe in an invisible being that plans on what to do with your "soul" after you're dead. And if you dont believe in it as well some of it's "followers" think its ok to cut your head off! . This lot of crazies meet every year somewhere in Saudi Arabia though... so nuff said eh?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Their conference was in America . Need i say more

That's nothing! There's loads of people who believe in an invisible being that plans on what to do with your "soul" after you're dead. And if you dont believe in it as well some of it's "followers" think its ok to cut your head off! . This lot of crazies meet every year somewhere in Saudi Arabia though... so nuff said eh? "

That's fine as I haven't jotted down Saudi Arabia in my top 10 places to visit . Phew !!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

That's nothing! There's loads of people who believe in an invisible being that plans on what to do with your "soul" after you're dead. And if you dont believe in it as well some of it's "followers" think its ok to cut your head off! . This lot of crazies meet every year somewhere in Saudi Arabia though... so nuff said eh? That's fine as I haven't jotted down Saudi Arabia in my top 10 places to visit . Phew !!"

Its got a great beach...

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I Just watched the video of his rocket. That looks erh very safe

It didn’t go very high! The parachute has all holes in too so a hard landing. I fear the worst for Mad Mike.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

That's nothing! There's loads of people who believe in an invisible being that plans on what to do with your "soul" after you're dead. And if you dont believe in it as well some of it's "followers" think its ok to cut your head off! . This lot of crazies meet every year somewhere in Saudi Arabia though... so nuff said eh? That's fine as I haven't jotted down Saudi Arabia in my top 10 places to visit . Phew !!

Its got a great beach..."

So has Margate but that's not in my top ten either

over a year ago

st helens

"I Just watched the video of his rocket. That looks erh very safe

It didn’t go very high! The parachute has all holes in too so a hard landing. I fear the worst for Mad Mike. "

He needs to make a few last minute adjustments. Like scrapping the idea altogether

over a year ago

st helens

It didn’t go very high! The parachute has all holes in too so a hard landing. I fear the worst for Mad Mike.

He needs to make a few last minute adjustments. Like scrapping the idea altogether "

Just read your post again. Has he shot off early? It wasn't meant to be till tomorrow

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

He needs to make a few last minute adjustments. Like scrapping the idea altogether

Just read your post again. Has he shot off early? It wasn't meant to be till tomorrow "

It was a video on the bbc website. I don’t think he was in it.

By *oubyLoverWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Just read your post again. Has he shot off early? It wasn't meant to be till tomorrow "

And I missed my chance to say something witty about men shooting too early

over a year ago

st helens

Just read your post again. Has he shot off early? It wasn't meant to be till tomorrow

And I missed my chance to say something witty about men shooting too early "

I lined it up for you and you failed to knock it in.

over a year ago

st helens

"My workmate thinks the earth is flat and we have never landed on the moon. I often have to shake my head at him.

You’d be better shaking his head ! "

Does he go on and on about the Bedford experiment? A primitive experiment by flat earthers carried out in the 19th century over a 6 mile stretch of canal.

The experiment was proved to be flawed but they don't accept the later findings.

over a year ago

"I do quite like this as a thought experiment. A way of exploring the idea that we shouldn't take for granted the information that we are expected to believe. We should be challenging these things. I like the ideas and explanations supporting the Flat Earth theories, they'e fun.

But then I notice that a lot of these people are serious. And very thick. Then I lose interest."

Good point but,if we are expected to be sceptical about what we are told by NASA,Neil Armstrong,all the other astronauts and Galileo,why shouldn't we be sceptical about Mad Mike when he lands and assures us all that he has looked and the earth looked flat to him?

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

It's all explained here (from Flat Earth Society) :

The earth is in the form of a disk with the North Pole in the center and Antarctica as a wall around the edge. This is the generally accepted model among members of the society. In this model, circumnavigation is performed by moving in a great circle around the North Pole.

The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The light of the sun is confined to a limited area and its light acts like a spotlight upon the earth.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"It's all explained here (from Flat Earth Society) :

The earth is in the form of a disk with the North Pole in the center and Antarctica as a wall around the edge. This is the generally accepted model among members of the society. In this model, circumnavigation is performed by moving in a great circle around the North Pole.

The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The light of the sun is confined to a limited area and its light acts like a spotlight upon the earth.

"

Erm. ....... Ok

over a year ago

"

Do they explain why Christmas is in summer in Australia? Or why the sun and the moon sometimes appear in the sky at the same time? or tides?

I'm pretty sure I know the answers but I'm sure the flat earthers explanations are interesting.

over a year ago

"

how do they explain a lunar eclipse, I wonder, - does the sun quickly nip around to the 'dark side' of the disc?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"

Do they explain why Christmas is in summer in Australia? Or why the sun and the moon sometimes appear in the sky at the same time? or tides?

I'm pretty sure I know the answers but I'm sure the flat earthers explanations are interesting."

Christmas in the Summer? Now THAT is crazy talk!

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

So is this plannet more of a frisbee than a ball? Is it just a huge flying sourcer?

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Apparently he has cancelled the experiment now!

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Do they explain why Christmas is in summer in Australia? Or why the sun and the moon sometimes appear in the sky at the same time? or tides?

how do they explain a lunar eclipse, I wonder, - does the sun quickly nip around to the 'dark side' of the

how do they explain a lunar eclipse, I wonder, - does the sun quickly nip around to the 'dark side' of the disc? "

Well, you have to get on tinterweb and find out the real reasons for these phenomena that you've been hoodwinked over thus far

You have to remember that most photographs from space are faked or photoshopped.

I'm sure if mad mike never returns in his rocket (highly possible) it will prove the theory, because he went over the edge......

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Proves, anything’s possible "

I'm calling Bullshit on that one, sorry.

over a year ago

"Apparently he has cancelled the experiment now!"

obviously pay per view didn't cover the kerosene cost

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Apparently he has cancelled the experiment now!

obviously pay per view didn't cover the kerosene cost "

He was told it wasn't going to be on satellite TV after-all. Oh hold on.....

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Its sad to think any one sain gave him the materials and backing to do this, he was never going to do this before then, however much is beliefs man should step in and stop the launch however brainwashed he is, anyone who wants to witness this viewing are warped for sure, his poor family and parents if any..

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

obviously pay per view didn't cover the kerosene cost "

Lets hope he or anyone else tries to do this experiment.. good news Indeed.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

obviously pay per view didn't cover the kerosene cost Lets hope he or anyone else does,nt tries to do this experiment.. good news Indeed. "

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

There were lot's more offers to go on Magic Mikes rocket

over a year ago

"Do they explain why Christmas is in summer in Australia?

"

Oh come on, be reasonable...

First you want me to believe the earth is round, or maybe circular or flat.

Then you expect me to believe they went to the moon, and it wasn't made of cheese.

But now the most mind boggling expectation ever... surely you can't seriously expect me to believe in Australians!

over a year ago

st helens

"Apparently he has cancelled the experiment now!"

Spoil sport

over a year ago

Bugger - I bought popcorn in anticipation!

over a year ago

The thing is he;s not even a flat earther. He;s been building rockets for years, has flown in one he built himself and can;t get funding to build bigger ones and has suddenly become a flat earther and is asking them to back him. Presumably because he thought that they'd be stupid/gullible enough to bankroll it

over a year ago

obviously pay per view didn't cover the kerosene cost Lets hope he or anyone else tries to do this experiment.. good news Indeed. "

I'd love to see some idiot in a home made rocket commit a hilarious and very inventive televised suicide in a bid to prove we live on the discworld!

By *lkmazabukaMan
over a year ago

bristol

They won’t let the launch happen, worried he’ll prove them wrong! Im with the flat earthers on this one..

over a year ago

"They won’t let the launch happen, worried he’ll prove them wrong! Im with the flat earthers on this one.."

Was the men in black suits that stopped him, while some will speculate that this was in connection to the flat earth society it's actually because of his other sponsor Burts construction limited.

Obviously full details are secret so we will never know what Burt constructed that caused the men in black to act....

over a year ago

Flat earthers also believe other planets and the sun are round

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

This guy is a plant from the round earthers. He will come back to earth and say it is round. He's not fooling me.

over a year ago

st helens

At work yesterday i delivered to a guy who is adamant the earth is a disc with an ice wall running around the outer perimeter and encased in a huge dome. When i asked him what was outside the dome his reply... and i swear on my childrens lives this is what he said.... Hollywood.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"Flat earthers also believe other planets and the sun are round "

How do you know the moon is round and not a disc? Do you ever see it spin around?

By *LCCCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Flat earthers also believe other planets and the sun are round

How do you know the moon is round and not a disc? Do you ever see it spin around?"

What about the shadow of the earth during a lunar eclipse?

over a year ago

How do you know the moon is round and not a disc? Do you ever see it spin around?"

If you observe it through a telescope then yes, you can follow it turning...

over a year ago

Someone should tell the good folk that make navigation systems for ships and planes etc to stop building systems that only work on a globe...might cause an accident!

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

How do you know the moon is round and not a disc? Do you ever see it spin around?

"

This actually goes in favour of the flat earthers, because from earth only one side of the moon is visible.

They say it's because it's a disc. The tricksters at NASA etc claim it to be a sphere, turning at just the same rate as earth. As if.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

"What about the shadow of the earth during a lunar eclipse? "

Yes that is interesting. The science to explain why the shadow is smaller seems made up.

"

Really? You have seen the moon spinning around? I thought nasa explained this scenario away by saying that the spin of the moon matches the rotation of earth and thus we always see the exact same side of the moon, and if youre on the moon, the earth they say, stays in the same spot.

over a year ago

"Someone should tell the good folk that make navigation systems for ships and planes etc to stop building systems that only work on a globe...might cause an accident! "

I got a splinter in my finger the other day.... bet that was caused by faulty marine navigation systems

Post new Message to Thread