over a year ago

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

only a man can do that what a knob lol x

over a year ago

Only a man can do that?...wow thats a statement and a half...so only men have the capacity to do something stupid? only men have the capacity to make a mistake? only men have the capacity to be obnoxious? Not only do I find that statement insulting but I also find it stupid. The simple fact is that it seems to be acceptable to say things like..."Only a man could do that" or "typial man" yet if similiar is said about a woman it is sexist and degrading etcetc. Dont bother replying to this because you are obviously an ignorant fool and I doubt I will even bother to reply to you if you do. Men AND women make mistakes remember that men AND women can be obnoxious.

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

[Removed by poster at 13/09/11 18:04:39]

over a year ago

"Only a man can do that?...wow thats a statement and a half...so only men have the capacity to do something stupid? only men have the capacity to make a mistake? only men have the capacity to be obnoxious? Not only do I find that statement insulting but I also find it stupid. The simple fact is that it seems to be acceptable to say things like..."Only a man could do that" or "typial man" yet if similiar is said about a woman it is sexist and degrading etcetc. Dont bother replying to this because you are obviously an ignorant fool and I doubt I will even bother to reply to you if you do. Men AND women make mistakes remember that men AND women can be obnoxious. "

I'd love to reply - does that make me an obnoxious fool too?

By *etillante OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Only a man can do that?...wow thats a statement and a half...so only men have the capacity to do something stupid? only men have the capacity to make a mistake? only men have the capacity to be obnoxious? Not only do I find that statement insulting but I also find it stupid. The simple fact is that it seems to be acceptable to say things like..."Only a man could do that" or "typial man" yet if similiar is said about a woman it is sexist and degrading etcetc. Dont bother replying to this because you are obviously an ignorant fool and I doubt I will even bother to reply to you if you do. Men AND women make mistakes remember that men AND women can be obnoxious. "

I will reply, how would you have commented if it had been a woman

Bet it's a blonde

Dumb blonde

etc, etc

over a year ago

If the caller had been female and the comment only a woman would do this was made i would have acted and commented in a similiar manner. The simple fact is that to ridicule a man for his actions and mistakes is acceptable by the majority of society but to ridicule a womans is not acceptable. I do not say that the people here are applying those double standards but to say only a man could do that...plain stupid and pathetic not to mention sexist, wether the statement is made by a man or a woman.

over a year ago

I would not have made comments about blondes or anything of the sort, there is a huge difference between playful ribbing and comments such as "only a man could do that, what a knob" So please do not make assumptions about what I would or would not say My reply to the "only a man..." was based on what they actually said, sexist comment therefore I deduce that the maker of said comments is a ignorant foolish sexist wether they be male of female untill such a time as I discover they are not. I have made no blonde statements etc, I am happy to accept jokes about men etc and also about women as being just a joke but this comment seems not to be a joke, so until I am informed otherwise I will take it as such.

over a year ago

" I'd love to reply - does that make me an obnoxious fool too?"

No it does not at least in my eyes as the statement about stating this was directed at the person making the statement of "only a man.....etc". My apologies I was a tad insenced when I made the post so neglected to make this clear

over a year ago

Aaaaannd Breath!!

over a year ago

Unfort shagaloony I often dont on the initial reaction to things like this but i always try to take at least one breath before i passout :P lmao

over a year ago

The OP tube made me chuckle and at this particular point in the evening it could have gone either way. Ta for that.

Post new Message to Thread