Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Slave or indentured servant

Jump to newest

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

Four travellers will appear at Luton magistrates court this morning accused of slavery after authorities discovered victims held against their will at a travellers site in Leighton Buzzard? Guilty as charged or...?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some of them had been held for 15 yrs, in sheds and dog kennels.

over a year ago

"Four travellers will appear at Luton magistrates court this morning accused of slavery after authorities discovered victims held against their will at a travellers site in Leighton Buzzard? Guilty as charged or...?"

We've heard the news but let's have the trial before we convict them. On the face of it though, it looks like they're going to get a taste of what they dished out.

By *he tactile technician OP   Man
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

we're not convicting them, it isn't time for you to place the black cloth on your head just yet, it's only the fab opinion stage. What about this one getting the OJ simpson TV type trial? It's going to be fascinating and I suspect the Crown court when it comes to the full trial will be overwhelmed with spectators!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

One was a 17 year old lad who has since been returned to his parents.

9 have discharged themselves from hospital and are refusing to co-operate witht eh police.

This could quite easily become nothing if no one refuses to press charges

over a year ago

Forcing gypies to live in a house and pay tax and N.I. would be a far more severe punishment than any prison sentence you could mete out to them.

Post new Message to Thread