Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is The Boat Still There?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sadly no... but whenever I am elsewhere in the country and meet new people there is always someone who will ask the question.

The boat was the River Tynes famous floating nightclub The Tuxedo Princess. It was iconic and loved by all. I used to live for Friday nights in the 80's and early 90's when it was in its heyday.

Very chic, loads of sexy hidey holes for a snog, Italian restaurant, snack bars loads of different cocktail bars, revolving dance floor when the new boat came along.

Wall to wall footballers and celebs it was people watchers paradise.

Did you ever go onboard?

If not, what was the 'in place' of your carefree youth?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i did

it use to be my all you could drinking drinking den there or a wednesday night!! I use to be the person singing badly in the karaoke bar!

there were some strange women i ended up picking up in there....

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

The Tuxedo Princess also, when it came to Glasgow in 1988, and you got the Tuxedo Royale for 10 years until the Princess came back.

over a year ago

"The Tuxedo Princess also, when it came to Glasgow in 1988, and you got the Tuxedo Royale for 10 years until the Princess came back."

Yes it had a great history on the Clyde too xxx Royale then went down to Middlesbrough.

over a year ago

"i did

it use to be my all you could drinking drinking den there or a wednesday night!! I use to be the person singing badly in the karaoke bar!

there were some strange women i ended up picking up in there.... "

There used to be coach trips from all around the country. I have dozens and dozens of me and my friends photographed with total strangers in my 'The Boat' album!

We all wore ra ra skirts and court shoes and big big hair!!

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

In Liverpool, Bailey's. The She Club and most often Gullivers.

In Lincoln, Cinderella Rockafella's

In St Helens, Trilby's

....ahhhh those were the days......

nowadays....

In Darlaston, Chamaeleons

In Chorley, The No 3 Club

In Bury, Partners

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ooh I remember Cinderella Rockerfella's in Leeds, my uncle used to get me in as he was a singer who performed at Tiffany's ( I think ) and C&S's regularly.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it my "yoof" it was hollywoods in romford, and..ritzy in tottenham

then i went up in the world, O'neils in Leytonstone, the Shannon in Seven Kings...

Went I went "up west" it was Bar Madrid off Tottenham court road, The O Bar in Soho, Borderline/Break for the Border and The Limelight (in both London and New York)

over a year ago

"it my "yoof" it was hollywoods in romford, and..ritzy in tottenham

then i went up in the world, O'neils in Leytonstone, the Shannon in Seven Kings...

Went I went "up west" it was Bar Madrid off Tottenham court road, The O Bar in Soho, Borderline/Break for the Border and The Limelight (in both London and New York) "

No mention of Julies there - not a fan? Tuesday night was Julies night for me.

over a year ago

yea a few of my girlie friends and I came down one weekend ... well if its the same one that had the revolving dancefloor thats where we were. i think we stuck out like a sore thumb as we all wore jackets lol, well it was February and we are not as hard up here in Scotland lol xx

over a year ago

"yea a few of my girlie friends and I came down one weekend ... well if its the same one that had the revolving dancefloor thats where we were. i think we stuck out like a sore thumb as we all wore jackets lol, well it was February and we are not as hard up here in Scotland lol xx"

mmmm tands on a rotating dancefloor...all naked.............

Oops!...fantasy slips!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No mention of Julies there - not a fan? Tuesday night was Julies night for me."

was that the RnB night at the Original Julies... if so i may well have fequented waaay too much time there....

over a year ago

"

No mention of Julies there - not a fan? Tuesday night was Julies night for me.

was that the RnB night at the Original Julies... if so i may well have fequented waaay too much time there....

No r&b nights in the 80's just rock and pop.

"

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Sub Club

Bennetts

over a year ago

"

We all wore ra ra skirts and court shoes and big big hair!!"

OMG.....Eeeeeee,,,,,,You Smoothy-nox-fluffy-flora……

There was me think’in you were a Rock-chic….

Hanging out in the in the Handyside Arcade, sitting cross legged on the floor outside Fynd and Frisco,,,, wearing yer split knee loons, scoop neck cheesecloth shirt and an afgan coat that reeked of Patchouli oil…….

Swapping albums re_iews with the other hippie dudes while getting all excited about Friday nights gig at the Mayfair after a few pints in the Percy Arms….

Jeeeeeezzzzz and all the time you were pouncing about downstairs in the Geordie Pride before going on to strutting ya funky stuff to mind numbing disco fodder at Tuxedo Junction and Manhattans…

Well I’m Shocked…..!!!!! lol.

over a year ago

"

We all wore ra ra skirts and court shoes and big big hair!!

OMG.....Eeeeeee,,,,,,You Smoothy-nox-fluffy-flora……

There was me think’in you were a Rock-chic….

Hanging out in the in the Handyside Arcade, sitting cross legged on the floor outside Fynd and Frisco,,,, wearing yer split knee loons, scoop neck cheesecloth shirt and an afgan coat that reeked of Patchouli oil…….

Swapping albums re_iews with the other hippie dudes while getting all excited about Friday nights gig at the Mayfair after a few pints in the Percy Arms….

Jeeeeeezzzzz and all the time you were pouncing about downstairs in the Geordie Pride before going on to strutting ya funky stuff to mind numbing disco fodder at Tuxedo Junction and Manhattans…

Well I’m Shocked…..!!!!! lol.

"

That was the seventies lol! If it rained my mother wouldnt allow me to bring my afghan coat into the house I had to put it in the shed cos it stank when wet LOL

Ill always be a rock chick at heart but I think you need to grow out of the fashions!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Ooh I remember Cinderella Rockerfella's in Leeds, my uncle used to get me in as he was a singer who performed at Tiffany's ( I think ) and C&S's regularly. "

kin 'ell, memories of old Cinder's, had forgotten ( mostly the day after)

over a year ago

"

Ill always be a rock chick at heart but I think you need to grow out of the fashions!"

Haha,,,, I know what you mean…. Some of my mates back then, built a wooden raft which we loaded with our afghan coats and a couple of old acoustic guitars, all liberally doused with petrol which was then ceremoniously lit as we sent the whole lot out to sea from Roker beach. But the tide was coming in so it just kept washing back ashore and everything got wet, so the fire went out… it was a nice idea, but badly thought out!!!!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I could walk (alcohol induced) to the Princess from where I live so have spent a few leery nights there.

Was it the Tuxedo Princess or the Tuxedo Royale boat that had the wobbly revolving dance floor? Either way I used love trying to get off it pissed.

over a year ago

Growing up in Luton, it was considered a good night out to have survived without getting any bruises. The local A&E was the 'in' place as that's where almost everyone ended up at some point in their clubbing career.

Never went on the Tuxedo Princess but I was living up here when they towed it away. It looked like an old rust bucket lol

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Any of the northern soul allnighter venues

or tramps in worcester or if banned tanyas or if barred from there the barn

Post new Message to Thread