Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Renewing my Supporter Pass

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well, the time has come to dig into me pocket for another fiver, but this time round i'm not sure if I should bother or not, I've met some nice people here, but had very little success in meeting or being verified by someone.

And there's the constant barrage of e-mails from GUYS, despite me clearly stating on my profile I am not interested, It just seems this site is actually over run with Idiots, that are making it incredibly difficult for us genuine people to get anywhere.

What I'm asking is do you think it's worth while ploghing on and giving it another month, Or do you agree with me that with the vast number of Idiots flocking to this site, that maybe this sites successful days are numbered??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

you've only been here 8 weeks, give it more time. Some guys can wait up to a year for that elusive first meet. Patience is a virtue.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't allow other peoples behaviour to influence that of my own.....

I find that would just be a cop out and perhaps easily seen as a sign of my own shortcomings and unrealistic expectations.....

Thats my answer... but each to their own!! we are only collective individuals after-all

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Oh shush you grump!

Also this is Wednesday, you have the wrong day for this type of thread.

I would say chin up mate, maybe contribute to the forums more, make some friends, have a laugh and most of all be patient.

As for idiots, well if there are idiots, they are just that, and shouldn't get in the way of genuine people.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Well, the time has come to dig into me pocket for another fiver, but this time round i'm not sure if I should bother or not, I've met some nice people here, but had very little success in meeting or being verified by someone.

And there's the constant barrage of e-mails from GUYS, despite me clearly stating on my profile I am not interested, It just seems this site is actually over run with Idiots, that are making it incredibly difficult for us genuine people to get anywhere.

What I'm asking is do you think it's worth while ploghing on and giving it another month, Or do you agree with me that with the vast number of Idiots flocking to this site, that maybe this sites successful days are numbered??

"

funny enough the site gives you all the tools to make it work... if that then isn't working for you then you have to look in the mirror.. that sound harsh, but i'll give you an example...

if you want to whinge about being barraged with male from single guys... you do have the option of going into message filters about blocking all male from single guys....

I know... radical... the site gives you the option of doing that!! so why are you not then using it?????

are the sucessful days of the site numbered.. hell no... there are more club meets going on than ever... the are more socials going on than ever... so why are you not being proactive and getting ya arse out there, rather than being reactive and moaning

I say to everyone in this situation... Time, Patience, Common sense...

is 8 weeks really giving it enough time? or in fact showing that you have patience!!

just examples.... in the end only you can make those decisions..... but in the end you get out what you put in.....

over a year ago

you dont HAVE to be a site supporter.... its your CHOICE, i was here for over a year before i became one, the way i use the site or the level/people that message me hasnt changed

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"And there's the constant barrage of e-mails from GUYS, despite me clearly stating on my profile I am not interested"

Blocking guys from messaging you might help:

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Admin x

over a year ago

I find you get out what you put in.

Ive had a couple of meets, a few cancelled but i've also chatted with quite a few lovely women, had a real laugh on the forums... For me the site is great value and although i dont have to i will certainly be renewing my supportership (is that a word? Probably not!) when its due

over a year ago

"Well, the time has come to dig into me pocket for another fiver, but this time round i'm not sure if I should bother or not, I've met some nice people here, but had very little success in meeting or being verified by someone.

"

Ok serious question

you have been here 8 weeks and already your thinking of leaving due to lack of meet

Did you think you was going to join a sex site and have women falling at your feet desparate for a shag?

Men out number women greatly, you need to really stand out to catch a woman attention on here, because women get so much mail they dont need to go looking

I know that soundsrude but its fact and just how these sites work

You get out of it what you put into it

Just to some socials, get yourself known

This isnt a quick shag site, well unless your a single woman who meets men lol

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If by idiots the OP means this site seems to attract a lot of people who think it should be an easy place to get a shag... easy meaning easier than going out on the pull where they don't seem to be having much luck.... yep he's got a point.

There are also a lot of idiots who are just plain dumb.

But there are a few people who whilst expecting to have sex, take more of a laid back approach and look at it as a place to find people with a shared interest... rather than a quick fix to their pulling problems.

over a year ago

Might sound a bit radical, but have you thought about meeting the people on your friends list?

If you meet one a week, thats the next 2 months sorted.

If your friends don't want to meet you are they really friends?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Guys,

Thanks very much for the useful, constructive messages offering information and support on how to get the best out of this site, It's greatly appreciated.

The sarcastic, slightly smug ones are neither helpful in presenting a good image for yourselves or the site nor are they useful, If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Guys,

Thanks very much for the useful, constructive messages offering information and support on how to get the best out of this site, It's greatly appreciated.

The sarcastic, slightly smug ones are neither helpful in presenting a good image for yourselves or the site nor are they useful, If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image. "

so what in effect you wanted was people to say "there there there" rather than telling it to you straight like it is...

actually most if all people in this thread have point out a few things...

Patience,

Getting out what you put in,

How to block single guy mails,

maybe looking at how you use the site

if your last paragraph is how you feel, when people have taken time out to actually try an help you, then to be honest I don't see why people should help in the future.....

over a year ago

u can block single men from messaging you

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

The sarcastic, slightly smug ones are neither helpful in presenting a good image for yourselves or the site nor are they useful, If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image. "

Sorry but this type of thing just highlights naivety.

You need a pair of tits for the people around these parts to be two-faced enough to pamper to your every whim on the forum….. whilst mocking you in private.

Appreciate the honesty…. you’re the lucky one.

over a year ago

Idiots come and go whether they pay or not, the site still continues to grow and remain successful.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/09/11 13:02:21]

over a year ago

I think supporters pass renewal is a separate issue. I didn't think I was going to renew mine and left it for a whole 24 hours but missed the features of email history between members, who's looked at me etc so I think as the extras for a small fee every couple of months is worth it even if you leave before the two months silver membership is up. So I will always be a site supporter while interested in using the site.

If you are site jaded and feel you don't want to continue being a member then that again cannot be something others can decide for you. You either want to stay or you don't.

You seem to dislike the same things as most people dislike about the site but you reap what you sow I think so decide what you want to put into it and don't try to make others behave in a way you want them or expect them to do because that is just to high of an expectation.

Hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do.

over a year ago

i like to support fab as much as i can and i use it alot.

i like the looked at me features as well as they extra cams if im in chat and feel the need to perv

but the message history is one thing i love about the site supporter and being able to look at a profile and see they they emailed but i didnt reply helps me big time

over a year ago

Being able to perv newly uploaded pics is worth the 5GBP for 60d alone IMHO.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Idiots come and go whether they pay or not, the site still continues to grow and remain successful."

This is what I think. The OP is the second message I've seen stating the site is gong down hill when they have barely arrived, but one can only assume its a huge attack of sour grapes.

No-one has to be a supporter, but I choose to be so not only because of the features, but because this site is excellent and I don't want it to become like the many paysites out there. No-one forces people to join or pay, so why do people moan? If the site is not to your taste, leave.

over a year ago

I'm one of the old timers who remember the site before the present owners took over. Chat used to crash regularly and the cams viewing was not as sharp and detailed, and you could only view one cam.

It was a basic no-frills site without all the added bonuses we now take for granted and some disparage.

The new owners have done a lot to change and upgrade the site yet still leave users with the choice to pay or not, I think for the small fee of a fiver for two months if silver then we are getting a lot for our money... how much more value if you use the free facilities.

over a year ago

"Guys,

If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image. "

Its a community of individually minded people.... There is nothing requiring all site members to be like-minded in any regard! and I for one shall remain rather pleased about that!!!!

So if my attitude is a disappointment to anyone...

Shucks that sucks,…. but I'll live with it!!!,,,,because I find the site utterly superb due too all the fasinating individuals with wonderfully diverse outlooks on life who don’t feel the need to conform to meeting only the demands of other people expectations

So until that changes,,, I will re-new my site support every month!!!!

over a year ago

"Guys,

If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image.

Its a community of individually minded people.... There is nothing requiring all site members to be like-minded in any regard! and I for one shall remain rather pleased about that!!!!

Shucks that sucks,…. but I'll live with it!!!,,,,because I find the site utterly superb due too all the fasinating individuals with wonderfully diverse outlooks on life who don’t feel the need to conform to meeting only the demands of other people expectations

So until that changes,,, I will re-new my site support every month!!!! "

Soxy - spot on Hence why I've just renewed early...

over a year ago

"Guys,

If this is supposed to be a community of like minded people who want to make friends then attitudes like that are not going to assist in promoting that image.

Two thumbs up!

over a year ago

"Guys,

Soxy...that's beautful...I'm welling up here...sniff...!

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS
over a year ago

Cheadle

"Guys,

+1, hugz babe, xxx

Post new Message to Thread