Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shy People

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have rather a shy streak I've wrestled with most of my life. Some people find that hard to believe but those who know me will agree I'm always in the background in new situations, even though I can express myself in other ways, which seem very upfront.

Going on from another thread about what makes a good profile and on the back of a rather a rude PM from someone mocking my writing of music lyrics in my profile as being a bit 'fanatical', I honestly write my profile in that way to give other shy people a bit of an ice breaker and something to write to me about if they are not very good at sending an opening first mail.

It has lots of random content and I find music is the most common ground most can relate to and it's a great basis to form an online friendship.

I must admit I am attracted to similarly filled profiles and if I see one someone posting on the forum, I think I send vibes out saying I want to know them better, to hopefully get them to write to me.

Why don't you write first? Because I'm shy with people I fancy.

Remember that song There's a hole in my bucket... I'm a victim of that.

Not everyone can bring themselves to write in an assured manner as a cold caller, me included. I know a lot of single men get slated for daring to approach some of the less friendly, but lets face it they have a lot of balls to keep bouncing back and doing it time after time.

Swinger doesnt always mean social expert.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

You are correct, I am not shy, but some times even I wonder why...

As for lyrics, my life and memiories are closely tied in to songs. Moments frozen in time and mind.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

im a gobby bint but when i fancy someone i get all shy and tongue tied

over a year ago

Im really shy,when i meet someone i just concentrate on them so i dont think about myself too much. I know i dont look that great but i dont take myself too seriously, once im having sex with someone im enjoying it too much too feel too shy.

over a year ago

Im shy

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Im not really shy, never really have been.

over a year ago

"Im really shy,when i meet someone i just concentrate on them so i dont think about myself too much. I know i dont look that great but i dont take myself too seriously, once im having sex with someone im enjoying it too much too feel too shy. "

I'm very uninhibited sexually... in fact once the ice is broken I'm rather a dirty coo

over a year ago

Ohhhh i aint done sex yet, im still in the oral stages...talking about it.

By *icboyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Im really shy,when i meet someone i just concentrate on them so i dont think about myself too much. I know i dont look that great but i dont take myself too seriously, once im having sex with someone im enjoying it too much too feel too shy.

I'm very uninhibited sexually... in fact once the ice is broken I'm rather a dirty coo "

Now that good to know, now store for reference.

over a year ago

"Im really shy,when i meet someone i just concentrate on them so i dont think about myself too much. I know i dont look that great but i dont take myself too seriously, once im having sex with someone im enjoying it too much too feel too shy.

I'm very uninhibited sexually... in fact once the ice is broken I'm rather a dirty coo "

When you first meet someone you dont know what they are going to be like, if they are friendly then you wont be so shy.

over a year ago

in a 1-on-1 situation or a small group, i am far from shy especially if i know the other person(s) well

however, if i am in a larger group, i tend to become quite reserved

over a year ago

I'm not shy exactly but I do stand back from situations which I'm not comfortable in I suppose. I wouldn't shout across a crowded pub etc, I'm certainly not that type.

I probably wouldn't just go up to someone and ask who they were either, ie the beach party scenario. If I recognised them I would go up and introduce myself, if not I wouldn't. If I wanted to speak to someone though I'd find a way, usually by standing close and starting up small talk. Yet I wouldn't say who are you.

In relation to messages on Fab, I don't mind messaging someone, but I wouldn't just ask them straight out if they wanted to meet. My partner would tho so between us we get it sorted. I'm more of a strike up conversation type.

over a year ago

When i joined here i had a great big pile of songs ready and then i found out there was no singing going on at all .

And it was all mucky stuff instead...

over a year ago

I guess it depends on my mood actually because I'm remembering times at Chams I have been quite blatant when passing guys in corridors etc and asking guys to do up my stockings in the changing rooms at Chams, so perhaps I'm not that shy

By *uss PussWoman
over a year ago

east cheshire

.............nope Im to shy to say

over a year ago

"I have rather a shy streak I've wrestled with most of my life. Some people find that hard to believe but those who know me will agree I'm always in the background in new situations, even though I can express myself in other ways, which seem very upfront.

Going on from another thread about what makes a good profile and on the back of a rather a rude PM from someone mocking my writing of music lyrics in my profile as being a bit 'fanatical', I honestly write my profile in that way to give other shy people a bit of an ice breaker and something to write to me about if they are not very good at sending an opening first mail.

It has lots of random content and I find music is the most common ground most can relate to and it's a great basis to form an online friendship.

I must admit I am attracted to similarly filled profiles and if I see one someone posting on the forum, I think I send vibes out saying I want to know them better, to hopefully get them to write to me.

Why don't you write first? Because I'm shy with people I fancy.

Remember that song There's a hole in my bucket... I'm a victim of that.

Not everyone can bring themselves to write in an assured manner as a cold caller, me included. I know a lot of single men get slated for daring to approach some of the less friendly, but lets face it they have a lot of balls to keep bouncing back and doing it time after time.

Swinger doesnt always mean social expert.

"

I couldn't agree more!

I can be painfully shy at times, particularly face to face. I've even be diagnosed as having social anxiety!

For me, music is a god send. No matter how you feel there is a song lyric out there for you! Whoever wrote you that PM isn't worth the worry.

I think shyness is quite sexy. Makes me wonder what makes them tick....it's intriguing, mysterious.....

To those that think you can't be a swinger & be shy, ever heard the saying "It's the quiet ones "?

It's true! I may be shy in person but get me in the bedroom & the shyness disappears. You can trust me on that one.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

We are both shy! Les more so than me, but it can cause problems in unusual social situations. Les tends to stand back from the crowd and let everyone carry on. She will speak quite readily if spoken to.

I, on the other hand am shy, but I tend to overcompensate by talking the hind legs off a donkey! So I will apologise to anyone I meet in future, just tell me to shut up! Thing is, I know I am doing it and do try to stop, but then I start again.

Happy to say it is temporary and after we get used to new people, we are really quite normal! Have seen on the forums on occasion that some think we shouldn’t be here if we are not strong enough to stand up for ourselves. Perhaps that may be the case at first (in as much as we will stay quiet rather than speak out) but look out any that think we are easy meat for the jibes…

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Shy people are cool!

It allows loud, forward people to do more talking innit.

over a year ago

I used to be terribly shy at school which annoyed the shit out of my teachers, i'm a lot better now but still fairly reserved, certainly the most quiet out of my friends. Changes when i'm d*unk though i've been compared to spud from trainspotting when he takes speed before a job interview

over a year ago

i am very shy at times. it all goes back to when i was a child. just always been a part of me

shy is good tho. adds a touch of mystery

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

I am not shy when I am working or in my own social group, but trying to pick someone up in a bar or club is nigh on impossible for me!

over a year ago

I have fought with shyness all my life. I put on a brave show but it's hard for me in groups. Am much better in 1 to 1 situations

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I can be shy when meeting new people and sometimes overcompensate by taking too much.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I can be shy when meeting new people and sometimes overcompensate by taking too much."

You! Talk too much! Never

over a year ago

I've loved reading all of your shy posts xx It's nice to open out sometimes in a way that surprises people who have a different head picture of you, don't you think?

over a year ago

I can be too subtle with my signs when I am in the vicinity of someone I like.

over a year ago

i am totally shy

over a year ago

I must confess , I am very much a shyguy .

Post new Message to Thread