Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friendship

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So please tell me why nobody wants to talk on the phone anybody fancy a friendly chit chat please feel free to let me no xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dont know about anyone else, but I hate talking on the phone.

I would rather find a hour to meet for a quick coffee face to face than spend hours talking on a phone.

I very rarely talk to anyone before meeting, I only do it if they insist on a quick chat. And it is always a quick chat, yes im female, yes we are meeting at place A at time B. Bye.

over a year ago

"Dont know about anyone else, but I hate talking on the phone.

I would rather find a hour to meet for a quick coffee face to face than spend hours talking on a phone.

I very rarely talk to anyone before meeting, I only do it if they insist on a quick chat. And it is always a quick chat, yes im female, yes we are meeting at place A at time B. Bye. "

i spend probably 70/80 % of my working day on the phone and a good % of my evenings and weekends when i am 'on call'

so yes, a good old face to face chinwag is always preferable.

the phone thing is also why i cant get excited by the latest mobile wizardry - to me a mobile is a necessary evil and not something i get any pleasure out of owning

moan over - i'm off to make some phone calls

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I very rarely talk to anyone before meeting, I only do it if they insist on a quick chat. And it is always a quick chat, yes im female, yes we are meeting at place A at time B. Bye. "

Thats what I am like too. Happy to confirm I've got breasticles, the rest can be found out when we meet.

By *elsh_lass74Woman
over a year ago

South Wales

+ 1

over a year ago

I don't have a phone

over a year ago

I love a good chin wag...with friends and family. I only gave my phone number out for meets to let me know they were at the meeting point - so I'd be on my way (2 minutes from my office)

I didn't have an interest in the minutiae of their lives to be fair, so no need to chat on the phone.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"So please tell me why nobody wants to talk on the phone anybody fancy a friendly chit chat please feel free to let me no xxx "

Can I be very direct? Ok, I often have people, relatives, kids, friends around and while I can still be on here and post while talking to them, I could not possibly be on the phone while doing that.

Also, I love being playful on the forums with a lot of people - phone calls dont do it for me - they are for an exchange of information, unless I am talking to the OH or my family.

It is in short a matter of limited time... and I rather spend it meeting people or chatting on here...

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

I spend my life on the phone at work but out of work only my family and close friends get a good natter by phone, the rest I text. Much prefer to chat face to face, always something to get through uncomfotable silences

Scarlett

By *ibrosMan
over a year ago

harrow

Not comfortable with long phone conversations.. Face to face chat is much better.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Not comfortable with long phone conversations.. Face to face chat is much better."
Agree... you get teh body language, facial expressions and so much more that you miss on the phone

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"So please tell me why nobody wants to talk on the phone anybody fancy a friendly chit chat please feel free to let me no xxx "

to me the second someone mentions talking on the phone i assume that they want phone sex and i am not into that

also (and yes i know no one believes me!!) but i am fairly shy and get all nervous talking on the phone!

over a year ago

my phones used for actually doing something lol...barely even use it with closefriends or family lol

over a year ago

We are here to meet folks... not chat on the phone

over a year ago

I very rarely talk to anyone before meeting, I only do it if they insist on a quick chat. And it is always a quick chat, yes im female, yes we are meeting at place A at time B. Bye.

+ 1 "

+2

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

+ 1

+2"

+3

over a year ago

I detest talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs

Difficult though when ya OH lives 250 miles away xx

over a year ago

"I detest talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs

Difficult though when ya OH lives 250 miles away xx "

havent u heard of the internet ya donkey lol

over a year ago

"I detest talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs

Difficult though when ya OH lives 250 miles away xx

havent u heard of the internet ya donkey lol"

Yep lol I heard summat about it

But at the min I'm moving and me big comps in bits fa a few weeks so phone only option lol xx

over a year ago

I can sound even more abrupt on the phone, hence I do not particularly like to use the phone as a means of communication.

Prefer written communications instead, via e-mail/MSN etc...

It helps that I can type as fast as I can speak on MSN.

over a year ago

I only use the phone to confim I am setting off so the other person knows i'm on my way

Post new Message to Thread