Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Singleton's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are you single because you honestly like it that way, unlucky in love, have a commitment phobia or other reasons?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well, this may sound weird, but;

I'm sexually comfortable around girls in the setting of swinging, socials etc

But I'm also kinda shy...

I plan to join some societies at uni next semester to expand my social horizons, and maybe there'll be a nice feline mammal out there waiting for me

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Single now for over 5 years, so maybe it's all of the above lol

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Partly due to past troubles/hang ups, partly because I like it that way and partly because I haven't found the right woman yet.

Although it's mostly because I'm usually too busy to find time to give a potential girlfriend the time she deserves. Work, Uni and Sleep all take up most of my day and the little free time I get is spend trying to find the right woman.

Never know my luck though

over a year ago

"Partly due to past troubles/hang ups, partly because I like it that way and partly because I haven't found the right woman yet.

Although it's mostly because I'm usually too busy to find time to give a potential girlfriend the time she deserves. Work, Uni and Sleep all take up most of my day and the little free time I get is spend trying to find the right woman.

Never know my luck though"

when do you have free time

over a year ago

Dating is such a pain in the ass. I have little tolerance when I get mucked about and can't be bothered with mind games. I think I will stick to the benefits of having great sex without the hassle.

over a year ago

"Well, this may sound weird, but;

I'm sexually comfortable around girls in the setting of swinging, socials etc

But I'm also kinda shy...

I plan to join some societies at uni next semester to expand my social horizons, and maybe there'll be a nice feline mammal out there waiting for me "

well good luck with meeting your lioness

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am of the belief that if the right one comes along then the right one comes along.. in the meantime i am having fun meet great people along the way...

over a year ago

yes i am Single

but i do miss the face to face contact an of course the touching

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I prefer the quiet life and having pleasure delivered.

over a year ago

I am single and wouldnt have it any other way now, too long in the tooth now to start sharing things with another. If you live alone for some time , you become very selfish over the silliest of things.

Though i enjoy company when i have it, i dont think i would enjoy my privacy being taken a way in the long term

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I love it this way...

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Partly due to past troubles/hang ups, partly because I like it that way and partly because I haven't found the right woman yet.

when do you have free time "

Once in a blue moon hon. Going to have a lot to catch up on once I graduate.

over a year ago

You could be single today, but who knows what tomorrow is going to bring?

I met Kate on a blind date when I was 24.

I wasn't looking for a relationship, but it didn't take long for one to develop.

over a year ago

I honestly do not believe I could ever live with another person full time, and be in a conventional monogamous relationship.

I am too independent and set in my quirky little ways at my old age!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Are you single because you honestly like it that way, unlucky in love, have a commitment phobia or other reasons?

"

Yes.

I do miss someone to natter to on an evening, especially when the daughter is out, but after the last 2 relationships I am staying firmly single. I am obviously crap at picking men to have relationships with so will stick to picking men to have sex with.

over a year ago

i luz my own time n space too much. i think i`d be a nightmare bf

over a year ago

when do you have free time "

He doesn't!

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

Yes!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"You could be single today, but who knows what tomorrow is going to bring?

I met Kate on a blind date when I was 24.

I wasn't looking for a relationship, but it didn't take long for one to develop. "

Yes Jack, that is my way of thinking, you just never know what or who is round the corner

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

"Dating is such a pain in the ass. "

But you do have anal ticked on your profile.....

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

He doesn't! "

It's going to be even worse when Uni starts again. My free time will be spentt with my head buried in a book trying to catch up on work rather than stuck between someones thighs... shame

over a year ago

,,,, When I lost my soul-mate through illness, I knew for certain I never would and never could have that kind of love again…

But I’m enough of realest to understand I've still got physical needs…… so swinging allows me to fulfil those physical needs without experiencing too many feeling of emotional guilt.

I'm sure some people won't agree with my resaoning ... and thats ok...

over a year ago

"

He doesn't!

It's going to be even worse when Uni starts again. My free time will be spentt with my head buried in a book trying to catch up on work rather than stuck between someones thighs... shame"

Have you ear-marked the weekend of 03/04 Dec yet? That's the Christmas Party weekend at Chams.

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"

He doesn't!

It's going to be even worse when Uni starts again. My free time will be spentt with my head buried in a book trying to catch up on work rather than stuck between someones thighs... shame

Have you ear-marked the weekend of 03/04 Dec yet? That's the Christmas Party weekend at Chams. "

I'll pop it in my diary

over a year ago

I dont have the time to dedicate to make a successful relationship. I would like one in a few years time perhaps

Miss cuddles and waking up next to someone though

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

On my own because of a multitude of reason

Because I am shy when I am out and about possibly because I am afraid of rejection considering my job and how I have to deal with the public it’s irrational but I still have the problem!

But I am also very happy being single. I see so many of my friends who are or have been in relationships / multiple marriages and are miserable.

I also probably work too much and spend a lot of time helping friends with their problems. I also like to travel a lot.

I am happy waiting for the right woman to get that special spark with..

over a year ago

"i am of the belief that if the right one comes along then the right one comes along.. in the meantime i am having fun meet great people along the way... "

I have to admit I am of a similar mindset as yourself Fabio!

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I have to say though, even though singlehood is fine most of the time sometimes it really sucks.

I have the occasional day where I miss being in a relationship and it gets me down that I don't have the time for one, but I'm usually too busy to dwell on it.

over a year ago

for me.. being single is just far simpler... and i have never got to grips with the whole "relationship" thing, no matter what approach i take, it always seems to be the wrong one. so its less heart ache if i no longer try too..

over a year ago

"I dont have the time to dedicate to make a successful relationship. I would like one in a few years time perhaps

Miss cuddles and waking up next to someone though"

I guess that's similar with me, I don't have the patience, or time.

I'm not looking for a relationship just now, but will rule out nothing.

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I dont have the time to dedicate to make a successful relationship. I would like one in a few years time perhaps

Miss cuddles and waking up next to someone though"

I know exactly what you mean. I figure if a relationship is worth being in it deserves for me to put in the effort to make time for it. I do miss cuddles and falling asleep with someone next to me.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Having been on my own for 5 years, I had absolutely no intention of starting another relationship and certainly wasn't looking for one...

Famous last words eh!!

By *herry n JonesyCouple
over a year ago

Oxfordshire / Leicester

Only recently single so enjoying being able to do what I want, when I want to far too much right now to get into a relationship with someone!

over a year ago

"Dating is such a pain in the ass. I have little tolerance when I get mucked about and can't be bothered with mind games. I think I will stick to the benefits of having great sex without the hassle. "
dating is how you get to no some 1. Love to date again met some 1 a few weeks ago but wasn't going to work she had problems with her ex and kids.

and she was not looking for long term so were staying as friends which is better than nothing

over a year ago

I will never say never to another relationship but, I think he will have to be one hell of a man to prize me out of swingledom

over a year ago

I know exactly what you mean. I figure if a relationship is worth being in it deserves for me to put in the effort to make time for it. I do miss cuddles and falling asleep with someone next to me.

"

Me and the ex split because he cheated on me, but i feel it was my fault. If i spent the time with him and we talked more i like to think it would have lasted. Spending every minute with my newborn was more important to me and i guess i neglected his needs.

If/When i date again i need to put more time aside to dedicate to the relationship

over a year ago

I don't understand the people who say that they don't have the time for a relationship.

Time is always constant, you just need to prioritize your life.

A good relationship is the most rewarding thing that two people can share.

I know we are lucky, but I wish you could all share our experience

over a year ago

"I don't understand the people who say that they don't have the time for a relationship.

I know we are lucky, but I wish you could all share our experience "

Ok, I don't have time because I have other priorities, and they matter to me more than a relationship right now.

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Me and the ex split because he cheated on me, but i feel it was my fault. If i spent the time with him and we talked more i like to think it would have lasted. Spending every minute with my newborn was more important to me and i guess i neglected his needs.

If/When i date again i need to put more time aside to dedicate to the relationship"

I'd have thought a newborns needs came before his. Relationships are hard work and both people need to put the effort in but they also need to realise that sometimes their needs can't be fulfilled simply because something else comes along that takes precedence.

Having needs is no real excuse for cheating though and that doesn't make it your fault.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Having been on my own for 5 years, I had absolutely no intention of starting another relationship and certainly wasn't looking for one...

Famous last words eh!! "

Gotta watch the small ones!

By *andy muncherMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I love my own company but would i like to get back in to a relationship im 50/50 but as other peeps have said you never know whats round that corner

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I'm single and altho at times I prefare it that way, sometimes I do miss having a man about. I also believe I haven't met the right person yet.. plenty of toads.. just not that perfect guy that totally bowls you over.

over a year ago

Single due to being unlucky in love but after living on my own for a while I find it hard to share my space for too long so am quite happy at the mo which is why fab works so well for me....saying that I wouldn't turn my nose up at a relationship if the right person came along xx

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 04/09/11 20:23:21]

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I’m single because I can be…. it’s a place I am content to be.

I enjoy having my own space and only my agenda to consider.

I am independent enough and confident enough to enjoy my life with or without a partner.

People come along who complement the way I choose to live and at those times I am not single. It’s not something I give much thought to in terms of planning, I am happy either way.

I have no baggage from being fucked over by an ex or two.

I don’t have trust issues.

I don’t need a partner to feel fulfilled in life.

I don’t need a partner for financial security.

I don’t need a partner to plug some emotional gap.

And… I have to admit after spending the majority of the last two weeks in shared bed space, this weekend I have so much enjoyed being able to sprawl out across the bed.

over a year ago

"Dating is such a pain in the ass.

But you do have anal ticked on your profile....."

Thanks for taking the time to read my profile lol

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Being single is usually a mix of circumstances. With me, I was painfully shy as a child, then through my teens and into my 20's.

I was the proverbial wall-flower, rarely went to parties or other social events as the whole idea filled me with terror! My mother even thought, because I didn't mention anything about girlfriends etc, that I must be Gay! (I wasn't!)

But it was a Hotel Director one day who recognised I'd unknown inner strengths in Sales; in turn, that brought about confidence in all aspects of life!

I was engaged once, back in 1992-3. But after a frosty relationship, we broke up and went our separate ways. Best thing I could have done, though I still think of her daily.

Since then, have always been looking for that elusive "Miss Right!". There is always tomorrow, next week, next month

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've been single for a very long time... my past relationships have all been pretty much a disaster. The last major relationship I had ended because I found out that he had a wife he forgot to mention. By that time I was in way over my head and walking away from that was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I'm pretty sure that has had an impact on my desire to get involved with anyone else but there are lots of reasons for me remaining single. I've never lived with anyone and I'm so independent and selfish now that would be a struggle. I'm also incredibly fussy and wouldn't settle for less than a match. I've never met my match. I also can't imagine having sex with the same person for the rest of my life. I need the male version of me. I suspect he doesn't exist so I potter along quite happy in the knowledge that I only have to suit myself.

I'm not saying that if that match came along I wouldn't give it a go... I guess if you fall in love then compromise is the name of the game and if the right person came along for me then he'd be happy to explore stuff with me. I'm not holding my breath, nor am I looking. I like my life, I'm content in my skin and I have no-one else to please but me. It works.

By *icheekyMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I've been single for a very long time... my past relationships have all been pretty much a disaster. The last major relationship I had ended because I found out that he had a wife he forgot to mention. By that time I was in way over my head and walking away from that was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I'm pretty sure that has had an impact on my desire to get involved with anyone else but there are lots of reasons for me remaining single. I've never lived with anyone and I'm so independent and selfish now that would be a struggle. I'm also incredibly fussy and wouldn't settle for less than a match. I've never met my match. I also can't imagine having sex with the same person for the rest of my life. I need the male version of me. I suspect he doesn't exist so I potter along quite happy in the knowledge that I only have to suit myself.

I'm not saying that if that match came along I wouldn't give it a go... I guess if you fall in love then compromise is the name of the game and if the right person came along for me then he'd be happy to explore stuff with me. I'm not holding my breath, nor am I looking. I like my life, I'm content in my skin and I have no-one else to please but me. It works. "

You'd think he'd have found a way to drop that one into the conversation somehow... Having a wife is kind of a first date sort of revelation... must have slipped his mind

over a year ago

It would have to be one special kinda a guy to get through my battlements, which seem to get stronger every year i am on my own....

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You'd think he'd have found a way to drop that one into the conversation somehow... Having a wife is kind of a first date sort of revelation... must have slipped his mind "

He did eventually. It was too late for me but I did what I thought was right and walked. It hurt. A lot. It's no excuse but he was hugely unhappy and is no longer married to her. We're still in touch but I haven't seen him in years.

over a year ago

To use an analogy based on my favorite food-

I have the cake.

Swinging gives me the icing.

A cherry would be the relationship!

over a year ago

Like being single

Love being a couple xx

By *r ManxMan
over a year ago

NeverWhere

"To use an analogy based on my favorite food-

I have the cake.

Swinging gives me the icing.

A cherry would be the relationship!"

i like it but who gets to eat it

over a year ago

"i am of the belief that if the right one comes along then the right one comes along.. in the meantime i am having fun meet great people along the way...

I have to admit I am of a similar mindset as yourself Fabio! "

Likewise!

Although I would not say never never, the chances of someone who can understand and fit into my way of life is slim.

I shall play with Mr. Wrongs until Mr. Right comes and sweeps me off my feet!

over a year ago

"

Get a cat or a dog, or one of each as I do!

Joking aside, I occasionally miss the emotional dependency and romantic attachment of being with a special someone.

However, I do not miss having to engage in small talks, often having to speak over whatever is playing on the TV/radio, after a hard day at work, when all I want to do is to switch off and relax in relative silence!

over a year ago

Been on my own for about 5 yrs, not really ever met anyone that I would want to settle down with, yes its probably a commitment or possibly scared of commitment and unlucky in love

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think I'm pretty lucky with the people in my life though. I may be single but I don't lack cuddles or friendship or filth because I surround myself with friends I spend time with. I have a swinging buddy who's ace so I get all the good bits without the laundry!

over a year ago

pretty much like it this way, swingings manic, highs and lows with it, im sure dating games the same, its 2011 and being able to strike up a nice contact or meet can be a simple browse on yer iPhone or click on the pc at times or it can be mission impossible at times,simply dont know if someone special is out there.

over a year ago

"I don't understand the people who say that they don't have the time for a relationship.

Except Jack when you are doing 2 jobs, time is incredibly limited and there is nothing I can do about that. Having the time to look for that special someone is nigh on impossible and I would never want anyone I met to think I might be using them to clear my debts, as they are mine alone

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i'm single cos no one wants me full time

over a year ago

I'm single because I lost my partner eight years ago.

I couldn't get close to anyone again as it felt like a betrayal to him, that's why swinging suited, filled a physical need but required no emotions to be involved therefore it was guilt free.

I was also unwilling to subject my family to any men passing through our home, someone that they might become attached to only to be subjected to loss again if I couldn't commit.

I'm afraid it's too late for all that a relationship may involve, I'm content and settled being alone. I have my own home car and material things, I have a close circle of friends and family to love.

Maybe there is another man out there for me, but he would have to be a very exceptional person indeed to be allowed into my heart, my life and all that is contained within.

over a year ago

"I’m single because I can be…. it’s a place I am content to be.

I enjoy having my own space and only my agenda to consider.

I am independent enough and confident enough to enjoy my life with or without a partner.

People come along who complement the way I choose to live and at those times I am not single. It’s not something I give much thought to in terms of planning, I am happy either way.

I have no baggage from being fucked over by an ex or two.

I don’t have trust issues.

I don’t need a partner to feel fulfilled in life.

I don’t need a partner for financial security.

I don’t need a partner to plug some emotional gap.

And… I have to admit after spending the majority of the last two weeks in shared bed space, this weekend I have so much enjoyed being able to sprawl out across the bed.

"

Very well said, that sums me up too.

over a year ago

Being a single parent is pretty full time. I get one night without my daughter every 2 weeks thanks to my grandparents. What man would wait two weeks between dates? and minimum of 4 weeks without sex? (i dont sleep with a guy on a first date) Im not happy to introduce my little one to men, and likewise wouldnt have someone relatively new around to my flat with her in bed either.

over a year ago

if i am dating some 1

i make the time and effort

or there is no point of dating any one

over a year ago

"i am of the belief that if the right one comes along then the right one comes along.. in the meantime i am having fun meet great people along the way... "

Roger that! I'm the same really, I love being single but if the right "one" came along I'd rethink singledom. I won't "settle" though because I enjoy the freedom I have and it would take a hell of a lot to convince me being with one person could beat that. I'm very specific about what I want and not very good at compromising lol so I suspect I'll be staying single for a long time to come

over a year ago

"i am of the belief that if the right one comes along then the right one comes along.. in the meantime i am having fun meet great people along the way...

Roger that! I'm the same really, I love being single but if the right "one" came along I'd rethink singledom. I won't "settle" though because I enjoy the freedom I have and it would take a hell of a lot to convince me being with one person could beat that. I'm very specific about what I want and not very good at compromising lol so I suspect I'll be staying single for a long time to come "

me tae

over a year ago

I'm a singleton because my marriage didn't work out. So here I am nearly two years down the line. I've had my mad times on here. Guess that you could say I was enjoying my freedom.

I don't know what's a head for me. I like to think that at some point. I will meet someone and enjoy life as a couple.

I've read most of the posts. And wonder at what point do you become so set in your ways. That you can't or won't let someone in?......

Post new Message to Thread