Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile plagiarism...

Jump to newest

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This keeps happening to me... so far there have been five that I know of and I can't decide whether to be flattered or annoyed!

Do people really have no imagination that they have to pinch my profile text? It's nothing special... just me waffling really! And I know I can waffle but surely it's not that hard to write something about yourself without resorting to stealing someone else's words?

Has it happened to anyone else?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This keeps happening to me... so far there have been five that I know of and I can't decide whether to be flattered or annoyed!

Do people really have no imagination that they have to pinch my profile text? It's nothing special... just me waffling really! And I know I can waffle but surely it's not that hard to write something about yourself without resorting to stealing someone else's words?

Has it happened to anyone else?"

i have had people nick bits of mine, but it is normally only the "syndey" bit... not full chunks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hello Dirty..

Nah...no fucker would nick mine...I can`t be fussed with it...we bumble along

over a year ago

...... hang on while I have a shufty and see which bits I fancy.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would laugh..

over a year ago

I dont know what to write in my profile just now.

Toodles off to steal Dirty's.

Save me some thinking time.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"...... hang on while I have a shufty and see which bits I fancy. "

@ shufty!!

I just think it's weird... it's a blatant copy and paste job... not even stolen the general gist of it and moved it round!

I might add a disclaimer to the bottom just out of sheer cheek!

over a year ago

"...... hang on while I have a shufty and see which bits I fancy.

@ shufty!!

I just think it's weird... it's a blatant copy and paste job... not even stolen the general gist of it and moved it round!

I might add a disclaimer to the bottom just out of sheer cheek! "

......put in a really really perverted kink....like you adore wearing wellies full of cold custard and leaping up and down in them!

Oh, and can I steal...sorry...appropriate... the 38 and lashes bits? thank you! xxx

over a year ago

@ shufty!!

I might add a disclaimer to the bottom just out of sheer cheek!

......put in a really really perverted kink....like you adore wearing wellies full of cold custard and leaping up and down in them!

Oh, and can I steal...sorry...appropriate... the 38 and lashes bits? thank you! xxx"

If Dirty puts that in her profile...I`ll sharpen a quill from a ducks arse...Sheesh !..

over a year ago

@ shufty!!

I might add a disclaimer to the bottom just out of sheer cheek! "

" Genuine DirtyGirl Profile © ® "

{ I think Funky has a TM... If you ask him nicely he might pass it to you.... Before he leaves...;-)}

over a year ago

When I first joined FAB, I introduced a gent to this site, and he copy and paste my original profile word for word, changing it slightly to make it read like a male profile.

He even left the bit about my late partner dying of an accident!

When I confronted him about it, he deleted that part.

When I eventually said I was not interested in meeting me, he cheekily replied it must be something to do with his profile!

I just found him very creepy, hence I was not interested in meeting him.

A lot of peeps have no imagination, and some are just too bloomiing lazy to think and come up with something original.

Hence I no longer give advice on profiles, as I believe survival is the fittest, in that those who do well on FAB are self-starters.

over a year ago

I honestly couldn’t care less if anyone wanted to nick anything from mine…

I mean,,,, everyone knows, at the end of the day…….. it’s night…..

over a year ago

I refresh our profile every couple of months or so. It's not a complete rewrite, but I add bits and take bits out.

It's rare that I look at other profiles other than looking at fellow forumites, but it wouldn't bother me if I came across one that had pinched a bit of ours.

over a year ago

I keep adding bits to mine.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

No ours is obviously so bad nobody wants it... having said that we dont look at that many couple profiles so who knows! Wouldnt be too bothered to be honest.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

" Genuine DirtyGirl Profile © ® "

{ I think Funky has a TM... If you ask him nicely he might pass it to you.... Before he leaves...;-)}"

Hahahaha! Brilliant! I'm STEALING that!

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

3 months ago we got messaged on our cls profile by a single guy who had been on the site a month,

his profile was a cut n paste of my singles profile down to the same typos.

we reported him to admin and he was off the site next day pushed or jumped we dont know lol

over a year ago

On reflection, I should have reported the gent who cut and paste my then profile as his own.

However, I was new to FAB and was naive!

over a year ago

I've had a couple of girls ASK me if they can use bits of my profile - and I take it as a compliment (they must agree with my _iews and think that they're clearly expressed). There might be others that I don't know about, but it doesn't bother me, really.

over a year ago

I really don't know why this has surprised me but it has. Nicking someones profile text, its really bad.

It never occured to me that anyone would, after all we are all looking for different things.

By *irtyGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I've had a couple of girls ASK me if they can use bits of my profile - and I take it as a compliment (they must agree with my _iews and think that they're clearly expressed). There might be others that I don't know about, but it doesn't bother me, really. "

I think if someone asked then it would be different. But then maybe I'm splitting hairs. It's polite to ask is it not?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't mind if mine is copied word for word by male or female.

God's sake it's just words

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"This keeps happening to me... so far there have been five that I know of and I can't decide whether to be flattered or annoyed!

It is a good profile, that's why. xx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I've had mine cut and paste word for word twice on this site... both women said they thought it was really good and said just what they wanted to say, so decided to use it. I guess I should be flattered, but I wasn't and asked them to change it.

The most recent time it was copied was to be used on another site... where the immature bint also start copying my posts from various sites to use as her own… well I say to use as their own, but it was to use with the cut and paste profile.

It was obviously not copied for any flattering reasons and the twatette duly had their account deleted.... from that site at least.

over a year ago

If anyone steals mine they really must be struggling , good luck to em , they would need it !

over a year ago

TBF IT IS A GOOD PROFILE

over a year ago

Has it happened to anyone else?

i have had people nick bits of mine, but it is normally only the "syndey" bit... not full chunks"

haha! Just saw that. "What? G'day mate!" xD

Post new Message to Thread