Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sunday drivers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone know of a route from Crewe to Knutsford that isn't main roads? Just got myself a sporty Astra SRi with a go faster button on the dash, which I never get to press, coz I get stuck behind Sunday drivers on weekdays doing 45 mph and with queues of traffic, it's impossible to overtake.

Please help, as the boredom is driving me nuts. I want corners I can thrash my car round and I'd love to go over 45 mph lol!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if you got up at 5am you would be able to use the magic button without getting stuck behind anyone lol

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Are you sure that go faster button isn't a spot lamp button?

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Book a race track, you'll know that the only person you hurt in your quest for speed will be yourself. Drive carefully.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

You want to try living where I am with all of the "I`m one in a million" Natzi Trust boot lickers dwadling around as if they own the fekkin place It`s great fun blasting around the village on Sunday afternoons with a fekkin great tractor and making the loonies try and reverse so you can pass! Ooooh the indignation on their faces!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"You want to try living where I am with all of the "I`m one in a million" Natzi Trust boot lickers dwadling around as if they own the fekkin place It`s great fun blasting around the village on Sunday afternoons with a fekkin great tractor and making the loonies try and reverse so you can pass! Ooooh the indignation on their faces!"

Oooooh....the way people get off on a little bit of power.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

"You want to try living where I am with all of the "I`m one in a million" Natzi Trust boot lickers dwadling around as if they own the fekkin place It`s great fun blasting around the village on Sunday afternoons with a fekkin great tractor and making the loonies try and reverse so you can pass! Ooooh the indignation on their faces!"

And while we`re talking about the Sunday drivers in the countryside, it is always something that amuses us proper country people when you see blackberrys being picked alongside the fast, heavily used roads Sure, organically grown produce - soused in loads of vehicle exhaust pollution!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"You want to try living where I am with all of the "I`m one in a million" Natzi Trust boot lickers dwadling around as if they own the fekkin place It`s great fun blasting around the village on Sunday afternoons with a fekkin great tractor and making the loonies try and reverse so you can pass! Ooooh the indignation on their faces!

And while we`re talking about the Sunday drivers in the countryside, it is always something that amuses us proper country people when you see blackberrys being picked alongside the fast, heavily used roads Sure, organically grown produce - soused in loads of vehicle exhaust pollution! "

'Proper country people'???

You live there, you work there....you don't own the countryside, it belongs to the nation and it's people.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

"You live there"

Correct

"you work there"

Not as much as I do in the urban areas. In fact 90% of my work is around urban housing estates. I may drive a tractor, doesn`t mean I`m a farmer/farm worker. Several other professions use tractors including mine as a Local Authority groundsman.

" you don't own the countryside"

I never said I did

"it belongs to the nation and it's people "

I would agree if you said that the banks and other fianancial organisations which hold the vast majority of agricultural and forestry land in this country, with the exception of the Forestry Commission, pay huge amounts of money to be CUSTODIANS of the land for mankind as a whole. But that`s another argument altogether.

However, this has bugger all to do with people picking blackberrys covered in crap when others know which are the better ones to pick - and it`s not rocket science to work it out that those alongside a busy road will be "dirty".

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Well you 'Proper Country People' know best.....'Blasting' around villages on a sunday afternoon in a tractor putting all those 'Townies' in their place.

Whatever gives you a thrill in life I suppose...

By *ick and tockCouple
over a year ago

wigan

"if you got up at 5am you would be able to use the magic button without getting stuck behind anyone lol"
lol last time u blasted your car dirty basit it went bang the nothing better than a few scoobys blasting though little places on full chat running anti lag if........... u like in your sri astra im up for a drive round if u can keep up

over a year ago

Lol I'm moving ta Crewe in two weeks

Looks like id better stay on the pavements xx

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

ha I always stick to the speed limit

over a year ago

It is possible to thrash a car round a bend without breaking the speed limit if you chose the right (or wrong?) road. What happens when you come round a bend at speed to find a cyclist, badly parked livestock truck, early shift worker who slept late and is overtaking that out of place 'Sunday Morning' driver?

Doesn't Oulton Park have track days?

over a year ago

I am sure most of us are guilty of a b road blast..

I certainly wont say I never had... but being a biker too... I drive like everyone is out to kill me and every corner is a possible death threat.. and well.. no accidents ( or none that were my fault)

Some roads need lower limits.. some need them derestricting

but I do agree about booking a track day.. but mostly because its an ace place to learn..

We have lots of lads in fastish hatches around here..yet many have found that they overtake..(which I allow as I only have 150bhp) but then I keep my distance the same all the time.. imagine the horror when they realised the car they cant shake is driven by a woman and its a zafira.. lol

reason. I have hours and hours of track time.. but I will never ever.. blast around a corner that I can not see..

Cali

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Had someone blast by yesterday morning, exotic car from engine sound, and did the sharp corner with a slight squeel of tires, and could here him on the sharp corners for the next mile or so.

Nice sound but annoying at that time of day.

Classic corner by house though, usually a couple of cars a year end up in hedge/ditch.

Also what is it with people driving at 30 but cutting corners when they've no idea what is coming. The bus has given a few a shock from the sound of skids sometimes.

over a year ago

"Anyone know of a route from Crewe to Knutsford that isn't main roads? Just got myself a sporty Astra SRi with a go faster button on the dash, which I never get to press, coz I get stuck behind Sunday drivers on weekdays doing 45 mph and with queues of traffic, it's impossible to overtake.

Please help, as the boredom is driving me nuts. I want corners I can thrash my car round and I'd love to go over 45 mph lol!!!"

Much nicer route to N Wales, where you can have a nice massage before going back a different way

Post new Message to Thread