Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hard for newbie single guys...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know I've only been on here for a week and very new to the scene, but boy it's not easy....

I can understand the concerns over fake people and time wasters on here but sometimes by putting up the barriers it can be very off putting for us genuine shy newbies. I was introduced to scene last month by a lovely lady and thank her for that. Been to a couple of club nights at Liberty but going on my own as a single guy wanting to play the dynamics were a lot different than when I went as a couple with my lady friend. Perhaps it's because I'm not very good at making the first move. Like my profile says I'm a genuine guy and have come on FAB to try and make contact with ladies and learn a bit more about how it all works. I'm hungry to please and just need a chance to show what I have to offer. Well that's it, moan over....thanks for listening??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

If you've been introduced and have been to clubs, get verified ! It sounds like yr here for the right reasons .. but ppl need to know that ! (And you saying isn't enough!)

Good luck fella and enjoy.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

being honest.

some of the singles on internet sites dont do themselves favours

you have a good profile and good photos (face)

just a matter of time. got to a few organised socials and club socials and you will be fine

x

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Being verified does sometimes help. Ask your friend who introduced you to swinging to verify you or as someone you met at libs.

It isn't a magic key to fab though, you still need to put i plenty of effort to get anywhere.

The biggest issue is there are just so many men compared to couples and ladies so you have to stand out from the crowd.

over a year ago

Welcome and good luck my friend.

You'll have good weeks and not so good weeks.

Just be genuine.

Try and get verified by the people you met before.

over a year ago

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman

over a year ago

Fab is what you make of it whether you're male or female...if it was really soooooo hard for single males there'd be none with multiple verifications and playmates.

Socials, clubs and here in the forums are great places to network!

over a year ago

personally I'd say as a 45year old man, you shouldnt be saying you are looking for milfs!...your profile states you cannot accommodate, this will be an issue for some.

Your friend should have verified you, that may help a little.

over a year ago

"Sometimes it's hard to be a woman "

Giving all your love to just one man

Hence this site

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I've been here 5 Years. I've had one meet.

over a year ago

It's a sad fact that there are a substantial number of unreliable, uncaring, disrespectful timewastsrs on here.

After many many messed up meetings I avoid new guys, guys with no profile and no veris. I wish the OP the best of luck.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all, thanks for the advice, will take it all on board??

By *oolhandlukeyMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"Hi all, thanks for the advice, will take it all on board??

"

I defo have similar feelings to you pal.

I joined here a little while ago but rarely logged in. As a result my profile probably looks a bit iffy - ie guy been here two years, or however long I have, with no verifications. I'm guessing it will deter many from bothering to interact.

Recently I've been making a conscious effort to get more involved on the forums in the hope I will be remembered - and hopefully people will enjoy conversing with me. Someone did message me and suggest I create a new profile and start afresh, but not sure how much difference it would make.

Anyway.... I shall persevere, be more involved and, touch wood, I may tickle someone's fancy.

Good luck to you too!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Time, Patience, Basic common sense....

does posting this after 1 week OP show that you have given it time... or showing you are patient?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the site... I would suggest that your expectations maybe should be lowered.....

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

You've been here a week? You should have had at least four to six meets by now, obviously

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"You've been here a week? You should have had at least four to six meets by now, obviously "

Or five as the kids are calling it nowadays

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Welcome and good luck x

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

"being honest.

some of the singles on internet sites dont do themselves favours

you have a good profile and good photos (face)

just a matter of time. got to a few

organised socials and club socials and you will be fine

x

"

This

over a year ago

"Time, Patience, Basic common sense....

does posting this after 1 week OP show that you have given it time... or showing you are patient?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the site... I would suggest that your expectations maybe should be lowered..... "

Good advice mr _abio

Patience is the key lol

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Give it time, go to a few socials and club events

over a year ago

As it happens, I'm in the same predicament, been here for a while now, and hard enough just to chat, let alone meets!.. generally find it pretty easy with the ladies, but here, no. Genuine that I am too. The issues here is that I think the ratio to men/woman is ridiculous. Far too many men. And obviously being real/fake. Well then surely, in that case... the proof is in the pudding girls!

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Being verified does sometimes help. Ask your friend who introduced you to swinging to verify you or as someone you met at libs.

It isn't a magic key to fab though, you still need to put i plenty of effort to get anywhere.

The biggest issue is there are just so many men compared to couples and ladies so you have to stand out from the crowd. "

^This

Post new Message to Thread