Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

An announcement to make

Jump to newest

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

Hi I'm Sean I'm suffering from a problem that effects many of us...yes I have being informed I need glasses...I'm remaining strong but if anyone out there wants show support it would be welcomed...maybe you have also had to suffer with glasses if so how did you go on living cos when I first tried out a pair and saw myself I swear I didn't want to go on

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Mine apparently suit me. So I have no advice to offer other than wear them. It's nice being able to see.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Do what I did. Get contact lenses

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Oh, and seeing yourself in glasses might also be the first time you've seen yourself properly anyway. So how do you know you look better with or without?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

iv worn spes for years now - i dont particularly suit them but it appears better than the squinty look

over a year ago

I love mine. But that's only because I can see all the lovely images on this site when I'm wearing them lol

over a year ago

I love mine, rarely take them off. And that was after putting off having an eyetest for months as I was worried what I;d look like in them!

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

I prefer myself without them but they're more comfortable than lenses and I do get compliments when I wear them so can't complain ...

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

I almost just got my money back...I would of done if I didn't get discount

over a year ago

There's little to no stigma now. With many having plain lenses that do nowt in frames. You will be able to find some that suit. I wouldn't stress at all.

By *S RachaelTV/TS
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Ring the Foureyes Support Group.

07345 00 00 00

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"There's little to no stigma now. With many having plain lenses that do nowt in frames. You will be able to find some that suit. I wouldn't stress at all. "

It's a con job....get offered free eye test...oh your eyes are healthy but here's a prescription now choose from are over priced selection

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Ring the Foureyes Support Group.

07345 00 00 00

"

That's the number for the confused gender support group

over a year ago

07345 00 00 00

That's the number for the confused gender support group "

By *S RachaelTV/TS
over a year ago

Lowestoft

Lol...

Nothing confused about me. I know exactly what I am xxx

over a year ago

Glasses make you look more intelligent.

(it works for me so it will work for anyone).

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Lol...

Nothing confused about me. I know exactly what I am xxx"

No it genuinely is

By *S RachaelTV/TS
over a year ago

Lowestoft

"Glasses make you look more intelligent.

(it works for me so it will work for anyone). "

You cant make a silk blouse out of a sow's ear

over a year ago

I love mine. Great for a sexy secretary role play

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

You cant make a silk blouse out of a sow's ear"

Exactly

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Hi I'm Sean I'm suffering from a problem that effects many of us...yes I have being informed I need glasses...I'm remaining strong but if anyone out there wants show support it would be welcomed...maybe you have also had to suffer with glasses if so how did you go on living cos when I first tried out a pair and saw myself I swear I didn't want to go on"

Cos you had to wear glasses or because your saw your face n thought you saw your arse ?

over a year ago

I have a weird shaped head, so I hate wearing mine. Thank fuck for contact lenses

over a year ago

I only need glasses to see

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

07345 00 00 00

"

Wrong number Rachael...... Foureyes support is 07345 0000

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I only need glasses to see "

and to keep your ears on !

over a year ago

"Hi I'm Sean I'm suffering from a problem that effects many of us...yes I have being informed I need glasses...I'm remaining strong but if anyone out there wants show support it would be welcomed...maybe you have also had to suffer with glasses if so how did you go on living cos when I first tried out a pair and saw myself I swear I didn't want to go on"

I love wearing glasses

over a year ago

Makes reading these tiny phones easier and seeing important details on the photos

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Makes reading these tiny phones easier and seeing important details on the photos "

Don't need glasses to see that sexy arse

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Hi I'm Sean I'm suffering from a problem that effects many of us...yes I have being informed I need glasses...I'm remaining strong but if anyone out there wants show support it would be welcomed...maybe you have also had to suffer with glasses if so how did you go on living cos when I first tried out a pair and saw myself I swear I didn't want to go on

Cos you had to wear glasses or because your saw your face n thought you saw your arse ? "

Hey!!! My arse is just as sexy as my face thankyou very much

over a year ago

All the best people wear glasses

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"All the best people wear glasses "

Sounds good

over a year ago

I was sorely disappointed a few years ago when I came out of the opticians with only reading glasses. I was certain I would need every day glasses.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's important to buy something that you are happy with - especially if you are using it for a.good while.

Opticians are there for your eyesight health, as part of overall health - but some seem to prioritize themselves as sellers of high profit glasses. Especially after getting a major piece of news like you need glasses, you need time to reflect and let it sink in. Not be a victim of aggressive sales vultures.

With or without a discount - which many of them have, you could check for styles and prices at several places before buying.

The optician should give you a prescription that can be used at any supplier - it just details your lens requirements. They shouldn't really take money until they deliver the goods in the right condition and time frame.

Most of the national opticians have money back ordering guarantees, no questions asked.

There are tons of places that sell them and I'd review frames and prices as well as after care support. Different frames suit different faces, hair styles etc.

I don't wear them but had a relative who was pushed into ordering when they weren't ready and not given a good understanding of the full choices available to them and experienced some of it when I had my eyes tested.

Get help from people you know too, upon style etc.

By *S RachaelTV/TS
over a year ago

Lowestoft

"All the best people wear glasses "

I have this itch to draw a pair of glasses...oh for a drawing app.

over a year ago

I love my glasses

over a year ago

FUCK, You’re handling a GPMG and you need glasses. Dive for cover everyone!

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I have been told I look intelligent whan I wear mine, god knows what I look like without them then!

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

i like a man in glasses

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"FUCK, You’re handling a GPMG and you need glasses. Dive for cover everyone!"

That's the idea

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"i like a man in glasses "

over a year ago

Don't worry about it...im sure the section will be happy with you on the gimpy in sustained fire role not seeing where you're firing

By *amesYork17Man
over a year ago

York

I've been told I look sexy in mine! I also have a thing for ladies in glasses...

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"I've been told I look sexy in mine! I also have a thing for ladies in glasses..."

Yeah I dig chics in glasses...aka spunk goggles

over a year ago

You cant make a silk blouse out of a sow's ear

Exactly"

Well,that's me told.

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

Naaaa your right but looking the part doesn't always cut it

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Get them frikkin' lasered...

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

"

The optician should give you a prescription that can be used at any supplier - it just details your lens requirements. They shouldn't really take money until they deliver the goods in the right condition and time frame.

Most of the national opticians have money back ordering guarantees, no questions asked.

"

It is a legal requirement that an optician gives you a copy of your prescription after the eye test! However, if you are issues with an NHS voucher towards the cost of glasses they will often keep hold of it for safekeeping as it cannot be replaced if you lose it.

As for not taking payment prior to getting them, utter rubbish! You wouldn't expect to go into any other retailer, purchase a bespoke made to order item and not leave at least a deposit.

Also, most national opticians do not offer a no questions asked money back guarantee, the best they usually offer is a three month exchange period. I should know, I worked for two of the market leaders in the last 6 years and was responsible for investigating the competition offers.

Op, as a new glasses wearer please take heed of the advice from the optical consultant when they recommend a lens for you. They have years of training and experience and know what you will need for your work and lifestyle. They aren't earning commissions based on what they sell, they don't have sales targets to meet and they actually DO know what they are talking about.

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"

It is a legal requirement that an optician gives you a copy of your prescription after the eye test! However, if you are issues with an NHS voucher towards the cost of glasses they will often keep hold of it for safekeeping as it cannot be replaced if you lose it.

As for not taking payment prior to getting them, utter rubbish! You wouldn't expect to go into any other retailer, purchase a bespoke made to order item and not leave at least a deposit.

Also, most national opticians do not offer a no questions asked money back guarantee, the best they usually offer is a three month exchange period. I should know, I worked for two of the market leaders in the last 6 years and was responsible for investigating the competition offers.

Op, as a new glasses wearer please take heed of the advice from the optical consultant when they recommend a lens for you. They have years of training and experience and know what you will need for your work and lifestyle. They aren't earning commissions based on what they sell, they don't have sales targets to meet and they actually DO know what they are talking about."

That's not true...they work just like any other buisness

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

"

Op, as a new glasses wearer please take heed of the advice from the optical consultant when they recommend a lens for you. They have years of training and experience and know what you will need for your work and lifestyle. They aren't earning commissions based on what they sell, they don't have sales targets to meet and they actually DO know what they are talking about.

That's not true...they work just like any other buisness "

I must have imagined the last 6 years then!

over a year ago

When I first got mine they helped me get laid, you do kind of get used to them after a bit

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

I don't need to wear them all the time just for driving or whenever really

over a year ago

All the best people wear glasses

1) Mr Magoo

2) Deidre Barlow

3) Dennis Taylor

4) Timmy Mallet

Just rock em

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I love my glasses, they are as much part of me now...

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"I love my glasses, they are as much part of me now..."

That's cool man...looking fucking good btw

By *S RachaelTV/TS
over a year ago

Lowestoft

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.

Dorothy Parker

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I find wearing glasses an absolute pain in the backside and I've been wearing them since I was 7! Thankfully only for reading and stuff,my eyes are getting worse the older I get. Maybe it's time for me not to carry on...

over a year ago

I've been looking through a glass for years..... The world looks great

By *rnortholtMan
over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

If I didn't wear them, I'd crash the car on the way to meets so they have their uses.

And when I take them off people often say: "but Mr Northolt, you're not such an ugly fecker after all!"

over a year ago

I'm not me without glasses, I need them and after years I would feel weird without them

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Had to start wearing them for reading last year. I don’t like wearing them at all but needs must. I’ve been told they suit me which is something I suppose. The worst thing is my eyes feel much weaker for wearing them. I could barely tell that my eyes were straining pre glasses and now I can’t read a thing with them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Vision Express do a 60 days money back guarantee, for example of a national retailer, if you're not entirely happy.

I'd encourage anyone to get the details of what lenses etc are required after being tested. You can then take your time to shop wherever you find the right glasses for you.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

You need to change your attitude as saying you'll have to suffer puts you in a negative mind.

Be positive and ask a lady in the shop which suit you and you might be surprised that some women like them in a man

If you pick a shit pair then of course you'll look and feel like a twat

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Vision Express do a 60 days money back guarantee, for example of a national retailer, if you're not entirely happy.

I'd encourage anyone to get the details of what lenses etc are required after being tested. You can then take your time to shop wherever you find the right glasses for you. "

Good advice and it annoys me that you have to be strong and sometimes very blunt to actually trained to not give you the prescription to do everything they can to keep the order in house.

If your not strong minded i would advise you to make a story up like your company needs you to get your eyes tested and you'll come back to them when your company authorise paying for them(say you're a driver) don't leave the prescription there !!

over a year ago

I've just had to start wearing them for driving and reading so I have varifocals. I see better in them but when I take them off I feel like Velma off Scooby doo, everything is blurred. I feel my glasses have made my natural eye sight worse but if I have to have them, so be it. Plus I feel I look older and even look like my dad more. I think I may look into getting contact lenses.

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Hi I'm Sean I'm suffering from a problem that effects many of us...yes I have being informed I need glasses...I'm remaining strong but if anyone out there wants show support it would be welcomed...maybe you have also had to suffer with glasses if so how did you go on living cos when I first tried out a pair and saw myself I swear I didn't want to go on

You need to change your attitude as saying you'll have to suffer puts you in a negative mind.

Be positive and ask a lady in the shop which suit you and you might be surprised that some women like them in a man

"

And you need to get sence of humour pal

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

And you need to get sence of humour pal"

Got a great soh thanks, it's you that's making a spectacle of yourself

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

Got a great soh thanks, it's you that's making a spectacle of yourself "

Ooooh Dad jokes what a surprise

over a year ago

See if dehydration is affecting your eyesight first. Make sure it's not because of looking at a computer screen for hours or being fixed on one distance. If you've done all that then I hope it's not thick bottles you're needing cause then you're fucked hahaha. Nah just joking you'll look smarter in glasses just tell people you're a mathematician and you'll get loads of macaroon

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

My face suits glasses better than without.

- Amy. x

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Ooooh Dad jokes what a surprise"

Why is it a surprise, i am a dad

Not going to reply anymore because your miserable and life's to short(I know you'll try to reply with a witty comment but you'll fail)

However I'll leave that with you,

I just hope the person you ask if the glasses suit you has a soh and advises you totally wrong

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

Not going to reply anymore because your miserable and life's to short(I know you'll try to reply with a witty comment but you'll fail)

I just hope the person you ask if the glasses suit you has a soh and advises you totally wrong "

Like I said no sence of humour

over a year ago

I just hope the person you ask if the glasses suit you has a soh and advises you totally wrong

Like I said no sence of humour"

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

Like I said no sence of humour

"

Marry me

over a year ago

Guys witb glasses can look very hot and you can change your image with different glasses. Embrace the frames.

By *ex mad lad OP   Man
over a year ago

Sussex

"Guys witb glasses can look very hot and you can change your image with different glasses. Embrace the frames. "

Nice

over a year ago

Contact lens work a treat

Post new Message to Thread