Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Heavy bleeding and Tena?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

One for the women (I assume).

I have previously managed to get really good answers to the most mondane issues here in the forums, so why not this question too.

This will be my first night that I try out a full Tena pants in the hope that I will get better sleep. I normally always wake up when I think I've bleed through which is then sadly always the case.

However, seen that Tena are made for urine, might they do the trick at all, be better than sanitary towels, or will a have an unpleasant surprise for other reasons? I mean, they are of course developed for something less thick than blood!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Worth a try maybe put a sani pad in aswell as a liner so to speak so will absob the most but u got the knickers to catch any leaks. Hope they work for u. Nx

over a year ago

"Worth a try maybe put a sani pad in aswell as a liner so to speak so will absob the most but u got the knickers to catch any leaks. Hope they work for u. Nx"
Good idea, won't harm. Thanks!

over a year ago

Nps a trick of the trade of being a carer's lol x

over a year ago

P.S., thanks for writing me ladies, you know who you are, BIG thanks!

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Have you tried a mooncup

over a year ago

If your flow is that heavy that you leak during the night, have you been to your gp?

I know mine is bloody useless but that's not the case for everyone.

About a year after having my first child I was bleeding that heavily one night that I got a nappy, cut the tabs off and used that. Not the most comfortable thing to do but it gave me peace of mind that I wasn't going to have to change the bedding again!

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Have you tried a mooncup"

I think you'll find that the OP's cup runneth over...

over a year ago

Op if bleeding is really heavy have you tried other methods ?

All I ask for is mine were heavy until I had coil fitted and now I hardly bleed and hopefully stop

over a year ago

"Have you tried a mooncup

I think you'll find that the OP's cup runneth over... "

over a year ago

"Op if bleeding is really heavy have you tried other methods ?

All I ask for is mine were heavy until I had coil fitted and now I hardly bleed and hopefully stop

"

Ditto

I had the same issues since my teens, was put on the pill at an early age to try and reduce the bleeding, but the coil for me was the best thing ever! Worth visiting your GP to see what works for you x good luck x

over a year ago

Ditto

I had the same issues since my teens, was put on the pill at an early age to try and reduce the bleeding, but the coil for me was the best thing ever! Worth visiting your GP to see what works for you x good luck x "

Still think men should have periods

over a year ago

Ditto

I had the same issues since my teens, was put on the pill at an early age to try and reduce the bleeding, but the coil for me was the best thing ever! Worth visiting your GP to see what works for you x good luck x

Still think men should have periods "

Just imagine what they'd be like! They wouldn't cope

By *aptain VMan
over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

Ditto

Still think men should have periods "

No thanks

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

This. They're good for 12 hours as an average and you could always use a pad too as backup. If you emptied it just before bed and again as soon as you woke up. Love mine, they're great.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My periods were so heavy they caused severe anaemia and I ended up in hospital for three days having blood transfusion.

A quarterly contraceptive implant into my abdomen gave me my life back. It stopped my periods and bought on the menopause, but I was sterilised anyway and would go through the menopause anyway so not a problem.

It's not for everyone but it worked perfectly for me.

over a year ago

My Doctor has suggested uterine ablation for me, just have to take the pill for 6 months to say I've tried it. But as there are no more babies I'd rather go for something more permanent. I'm also anaemic due to my periods.

By *ammy-leeWoman
over a year ago

Swansea

"

What type of coil have you got Hun I'm 47 and I'm limited now cos of my age

over a year ago

"My Doctor has suggested uterine ablation for me, just have to take the pill for 6 months to say I've tried it. But as there are no more babies I'd rather go for something more permanent. I'm also anaemic due to my periods."

I had ablation in may when I was sterilised, haven had a period since. Lasts for 5 years.

over a year ago

I would recommend looking at tranexamic acid if you haven't already, as this helps with heavy bleeding. It's prescription only, you need to start taking 2 four times daily when bleeding starts.

That and try a moon cup or other brand x

Heavy periods are awful, I suffer as well

over a year ago

I used incontinence sheets to save my bed, until my hysterectomy. You can become severely anaemic from excessive bleeding, which can be life threatening.

over a year ago

I tried tena for the bleeding hoping they would be better but sadly it wasn't the case. For me they didn't soak it up as good as always.

over a year ago

What type of coil have you got Hun I'm 47 and I'm limited now cos of my age "

Marina coil and best thing I did .

over a year ago

"One for the women (I assume).

I have previously managed to get really good answers to the most mondane issues here in the forums, so why not this question too.

This will be my first night that I try out a full Tena pants in the hope that I will get better sleep. I normally always wake up when I think I've bleed through which is then sadly always the case.

However, seen that Tena are made for urine, might they do the trick at all, be better than sanitary towels, or will a have an unpleasant surprise for other reasons? I mean, they are of course developed for something less thick than blood!"

I've used tenalady pads for 17 years, since I had my first son and my Nan gave me a pack for the after bleed.

I've found them a lot better than standard towels. Yeah they are thick and it feels like you're wearing a nappy. But I feel secure enough that I won't flood or leak onto my pants. Especially at night time when I'm asleep.

over a year ago

"My Doctor has suggested uterine ablation for me, just have to take the pill for 6 months to say I've tried it. But as there are no more babies I'd rather go for something more permanent. I'm also anaemic due to my periods."

I had the ablation due to heavy periods and it's so much better. Mine haven't stopped completely unlike some women but only have 3 days and very light. X

over a year ago

"I tried tena for the bleeding hoping they would be better but sadly it wasn't the case. For me they didn't soak it up as good as always. "
exactly! My experience too last night, not good enough either. Defo going give that mooncup a go too!

over a year ago

I will try it out now!

over a year ago

"I would recommend looking at tranexamic acid if you haven't already... "
I've got that as a backup for other bleeding problems, my GP is spot on with all sorts of solutions available.

over a year ago

Glad to be reading about the coil being good as I'm about to have a merina fitted in next few months!

over a year ago

"

About a year after having my first child I was bleeding that heavily one night that I got a nappy, cut the tabs off and used that. Not the most comfortable thing to do but it gave me peace of mind that I wasn't going to have to change the bedding again! "

This will indeed be my next attempt! All you want is just to be able to sleep through those two nights a months really. In my case it is.

over a year ago

Thanks ladies, lots of wise replies and plenty of sister solidarity here!

And thanks too the knowledgeable bloke too, you can join the sisterhood as well!

Post new Message to Thread