Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sleep Aid

Jump to newest

By *arth Sideous OP   Man
over a year ago

hyde

Okay so I've used cannabis as a sleep aid for years .. and I've finally had enough of it. Coming off this stuff is horrible .. I'm restless/snappy/insomnia ... bad combination!

As anyone else been through this ... does it get better?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll not comment on my disapproved of recreational drug use....

But congratulations OP .... I hope you benefit from abstinence

over a year ago

hyde

"I'll not comment on my disapproved of recreational drug use....

But congratulations OP .... I hope you benefit from abstinence "

I hate the stuff! Hence why I've had enough

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Stay strong! I've never taken any substance so can't help you sorry.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Can the doctor's not help?

over a year ago

I have had problems sleeping for years I found an app that plays ambient music it really helps me just an option for you op I hope you get it sorted

over a year ago

I didn't really notice the effects of giving up smoking dope as I was giving up tobacco at the same time. This was a long time ago. It takes a few weeks for your body to adjust but stick with it. You'll wonder why you ever did it in the first place. Try taking up some form of exercise to tire yourself out before you go to bed.

over a year ago

hyde

"I didn't really notice the effects of giving up smoking dope as I was giving up tobacco at the same time. This was a long time ago. It takes a few weeks for your body to adjust but stick with it. You'll wonder why you ever did it in the first place. Try taking up some form of exercise to tire yourself out before you go to bed. "

Thanks mate - I only ever used it to sleep! And I train daily. I'm going to stick with this tho ... everyday I feel a little bit better

over a year ago

hyde

"I have had problems sleeping for years I found an app that plays ambient music it really helps me just an option for you op I hope you get it sorted "

Thanks I'll give it a try

over a year ago

Someone in my family stopped using it and it took a while to get himself back to normal. If you still have whatever problem it was that made you take it, you should see your doctor.

My friend now sleeps at the drop of a hat, but works physically very hard.

over a year ago

hyde

"Someone in my family stopped using it and it took a while to get himself back to normal. If you still have whatever problem it was that made you take it, you should see your doctor.

"

Thank you .. good to hear, so there is light at the end of the tunnel

over a year ago

How did you smoke it? It’ll be the tobacco withdrawal rather than the (if you mixed them together).

Weed doesn’t create any bilogical dependency. If it’s born tobacco then it’ll be psychological - try listening to podcasts or something as you sleep. It’ll help distract you from the feelings of restlessness

over a year ago

*if it’s not tobacco (stupid autocorrect)

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Can the doctor's not help?"

That's a no then.

over a year ago

"I didn't really notice the effects of giving up smoking dope as I was giving up tobacco at the same time. This was a long time ago. It takes a few weeks for your body to adjust but stick with it. You'll wonder why you ever did it in the first place. Try taking up some form of exercise to tire yourself out before you go to bed.

Thanks mate - I only ever used it to sleep! And I train daily. I'm going to stick with this tho ... everyday I feel a little bit better "

No worries...have a look at your diet as well! Things like drinking coffee in the evenings can effect how you sleep.

over a year ago

hyde

"Can the doctor's not help?

That's a no then."

Sorry no they won't subscribe anything for this.

over a year ago

Keep going dude, it will get better, just need to train your mind into appreciating that you don't actually need it.

I say 'just' like it's easy. It's not though. You'll get there x

over a year ago

hyde

My diet and everything is dialed in perfect .. as I train etc.. I do drink lots of coffee tho!

Whoever said it had no withdrawals .. that's not true! If you've smoked it long enough and enough of it then yes it has withdrawals... believe me! Physical and mental.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

That's a no then.

Sorry no they won't subscribe anything for this."

I just meant with coping techniques rather than prescribing something.

over a year ago

hyde

"Keep going dude, it will get better, just need to train your mind into appreciating that you don't actually need it.

I say 'just' like it's easy. It's not though. You'll get there x"

Cheers my mate. Means a lot thanks

over a year ago

hyde

That's a no then.

I just meant with coping techniques rather than prescribing something."

It's worth a try I suppose ... it's just from 7pm onwards for me ... day time is easy!

over a year ago

"My diet and everything is dialed in perfect .. as I train etc.. I do drink lots of coffee tho!

Whoever said it had no withdrawals .. that's not true! If you've smoked it long enough and enough of it then yes it has withdrawals... believe me! Physical and mental.

"

Yeah but it’s not a true withdrawal. It’s psychological.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"My diet and everything is dialed in perfect .. as I train etc.. I do drink lots of coffee tho!

"

Coffee in the evening probably isn't helping your sleep either, maybe try decaf after 5pm and easing off the sugar too.

over a year ago

"Someone in my family stopped using it and it took a while to get himself back to normal. If you still have whatever problem it was that made you take it, you should see your doctor.

Thank you .. good to hear, so there is light at the end of the tunnel "

Yes. It wasn't nice seeing him go through the antsy stage, but his anger and misery have subsided and he's much happier. Stick with

over a year ago

Coffee in the evening probably isn't helping your sleep either, maybe try decaf after 5pm and easing off the sugar too. "

Oh yea, drink less coffee and switch to decaf. I drink decaf tea and when I'm at a relative's and have forgotten to bring my own tea bags I get really twitchy and edgy. I've had a caffeine rush that felt like a heart attack too.

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

have you ever found out WHY you can't sleep? I don't know about physical heath stuff but if your mind is working on something be it too many things going on for you, depression or other stuff, sleep is one of the first things to be effected...

over a year ago

A good gp will look at your reasons for using in the first place and recommend treatments for the underlying problem. Sleeping pills may be prescribed for a fortnight but things will settle down on their own within a few weeks. Well done!

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

That's a no then.

I just meant with coping techniques rather than prescribing something.

It's worth a try I suppose ... it's just from 7pm onwards for me ... day time is easy! "

Everything is alway's worth a try!

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

For A sleeping aid, go and see your GP and ask for Zopiclone/Zimovane (I'm on 7.5mg) If you only get a couple of hours sleep then I'd consider taking 1/2 A tablet, when you wake up take the other half.

An alternative would be to listen to a guided meditation, I've done this every night for 10 months and cannot sleep without it.

over a year ago

hyde

Each night I fall asleep quicker ... so must be on the mend.

I bet I wouldn't have any trouble falling to sleep after a good bj tho

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

"Each night I fall asleep quicker ... so must be on the mend.

I bet I wouldn't have any trouble falling to sleep after a good bj tho "

sounds like you are already dreaming... problem solved!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Have a look on you tube at lucid dreaming. I've found them really helpful to get me to sleep. Do the guided ones though.

over a year ago

hyde

"Each night I fall asleep quicker ... so must be on the mend.

I bet I wouldn't have any trouble falling to sleep after a good bj tho

sounds like you are already dreaming... problem solved! "

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"Okay so I've used cannabis as a sleep aid for years .. and I've finally had enough of it. Coming off this stuff is horrible .. I'm restless/snappy/insomnia ... bad combination!

As anyone else been through this ... does it get better? "

Try having something to eat before bed. Something heavy if you're not worried about putting on weight

over a year ago

hyde

"Have a look on you tube at lucid dreaming. I've found them really helpful to get me to sleep. Do the guided ones though. "

Thanks peach ... I'll have a good look at that.

over a year ago

hyde

"Okay so I've used cannabis as a sleep aid for years .. and I've finally had enough of it. Coming off this stuff is horrible .. I'm restless/snappy/insomnia ... bad combination!

Try having something to eat before bed. Something heavy if you're not worried about putting on weight "

I'm a gym freak fella ... don't do carbs after 6 bells!

over a year ago

Try having something to eat before bed. Something heavy if you're not worried about putting on weight "

That could contribute to his problem.

over a year ago

Try having something to eat before bed. Something heavy if you're not worried about putting on weight

I find I sleep better after swimming. Not too late though, or it might have the opposite effect and wake you up more. If I'm on my feet all day I sleep for 12 hours.

I'm a gym freak fella ... don't do carbs after 6 bells! "

over a year ago

"For A sleeping aid, go and see your GP and ask for Zopiclone/Zimovane (I'm on 7.5mg) If you only get a couple of hours sleep then I'd consider taking 1/2 A tablet, when you wake up take the other half.

An alternative would be to listen to a guided meditation, I've done this every night for 10 months and cannot sleep without it."

Mate I do not want you to take this the wrong way....but zopiclone are one of the most addictive drugs out there atm.

I'm very surprised your GP is giving them to you.

You may start with half a tablet then ending up taking twenty a day...and believe me I know from a family member.

They are a evil little drug that should not be prescribed.

over a year ago

hyde

I'm just going through cold turkey ... I'm not swapping one silly drug for another. T-Total is what I'm going to be

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"I'm just going through cold turkey ... I'm not swapping one silly drug for another. T-Total is what I'm going to be "

Mate I used to smoke like Bob Marley back when and my reasons were the same as yours zzzz after a while it has no affect it actually fucks your sleep up I gave it up and the sleep got no better but my mood improved so all was good I do have the occasional one now and again and then leave it alone for months same as tobacco no fags for 4 years I was addicted big time giving up was really hard but the sweats moods swings do subside after a while. Good luck fella

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

I'm a gym freak fella ... don't do carbs after 6 bells! "

So am i. I always eat before bed but i hear you. Well there is sleep techniques and obviously medication like night nurse etc

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"For A sleeping aid, go and see your GP and ask for Zopiclone/Zimovane (I'm on 7.5mg) If you only get a couple of hours sleep then I'd consider taking 1/2 A tablet, when you wake up take the other half.

An alternative would be to listen to a guided meditation, I've done this every night for 10 months and cannot sleep without it.

Mate I do not want you to take this the wrong way....but zopiclone are one of the most addictive drugs out there atm.

I'm very surprised your GP is giving them to you.

You may start with half a tablet then ending up taking twenty a day...and believe me I know from a family member.

They are a evil little drug that should not be prescribed."

Thanks for your concern Mistress, I know they are very addictive, and I'm on the strongest dose available, I've been on them since November, but came off them in March until about a month ago, as I have found it harder to sleep, I take them 4-5 nights a week. And I currently have fortnightly reviews with my GP to check up on my depression and my meds for it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Aim for 8 hours sleep per day, researching well on how to achieve greater quality of sleep - so that you fully turn your life around

over a year ago

I have PTSD and havnt slept in the last 10 yrs. Only thing that makes me sleep is either sleeping pills and I won't touch them or alcohol and that's a slippery slope so I just get on with it. If I get 2hours a night that's a good night

over a year ago

hyde

Once I'm asleep I'm gone .. but it's the actual nodding off I can't do

over a year ago

Hi yes I 2 had terrible problems getting to sleep and if I did then I had very vivid disturbing dreams .

It took quite a long time to get it totally out of my system and be straight headed again .

Good luck to you it's battle worth conquering and will be well worth it in the end x

Oh it's the female

over a year ago

"I have PTSD and havnt slept in the last 10 yrs. Only thing that makes me sleep is either sleeping pills and I won't touch them or alcohol and that's a slippery slope so I just get on with it. If I get 2hours a night that's a good night "

I doff my hat to you as it's the right choice but not the easiest option.

Well done

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Try Valerian herb - that always worked for me.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Newbury

Hops are supposed to aid sleep. I've always cut out the middleman on that front and had a beer, but you can get hop pills and whatnot.

However, hops are very closely realted to hemp.....

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Try the body lotion called sleepy from the lush shop im now sleeping longer at night just after a week of using it

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Bump

over a year ago

"Try Valerian herb - that always worked for me."

Yes this

A legal herb from Holland and Barrett

A combination of this, sleep meditation ( on youtube - listen to it with headphones)

And being REALLY tired helps.

Get up earlier than normal, dont get in bed till you're really ready to sleep and don't drink caffiene 6hrs before bed.

Hope it helps x

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

had about 2 weeks of it then i was fine .. thats after 30 years of having a joint most evenings..i always hated smoking so giving up was actually quite easy

over a year ago

I had issues with stress and not sleeping etc and learnt heartmath through a professional and it helped me, still use heartmath when im on edge and it really works

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Well done OP, giving up anything can be incredibly difficult..

There are all kinds of sleep aids, natural methods etc.

Personally the one that really fixed it for me was becoming content with life.

In the meantime here are some I've used:

- lavender oil on the pillow

- 'sleep' music on YouTube

- the sound of the sea on YouTube

- no caffeine after 2pm

- camomile tea before bed

Are you aware of why you feel you can't get to sleep, e.g. stress, worry etc?

over a year ago

When I was recovering from an operation, I became really dependent on pain medication. When it came time to stop using them, I really missed that little warm feeling that made me fall asleep.

Instead, I meditated, had a proper night time routine (try reading), also a shower/bath before bed too!

Keep going and good luck!

over a year ago

Good on yer mate! Proud of you. Could be tobacco withdrawel? Know someone who didn't smoke it and had no problems coming off, stick in there mate, I'm rooting for you

over a year ago

hyde

Thanks for all your kind messages ... I r ally do appreciate it

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

How did you sleep last night?

Post new Message to Thread