Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Deciding on 2becoming1

Jump to newest

By *hocoholic OP   Woman
over a year ago

The big D

What makes ppl decide on becoming a couple? Relationships (trust/faith etc) can be so hard, giving up independence & having to rely on some1 to hold & value ur heart is a scary thing. You can still have the fun & friendship whilst dating so why do ppl move forward to being a couple?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I couldn't tell you. I haven't been single for any significant amount of time since I was 16 and I've truthfully never given it any thought. I have given leaving relationships much more thought though.

Maybe some of us consider becoming a couple very carefully and some consider becoming single very carefully

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

For me it's about the stability, companionship and the fact my partner is my best friend - all that, plus the intimacy. I prefer being in a relationship anytime x

By *uzz And WoodyCouple
over a year ago

Maidstone

Love, commitment, not wanting to be without the other person... for me it wasn’t a conscious decision, it was a natural progression from friendship into a relationship followed my marriage etc. He was and still is my best friend.

It shouldn’t be a hard decision, if there are reservations then I’d say it’s probably not the right person/time for you.

Mrs x

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I've met someone new recently and it's very scary moving onto it being 'official'. It means me giving up on certain thing's that are important to me and having the possibility of being p*ssed on again.

I don't know it's hard...

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

It just sort of happened. He's unlike any person I've been with before or met - dating wise and sexually. He allows me to be me and makes me happy. I was of the 'not interested in the relationship side of things in the slightest camp' and yet... yeah. I don't know, stream of consciousness ftw.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

when I made two become one I was so happy I asked her to leave

over a year ago

I didn't like waking up without her there.

I sleep better when I'm in her arms.

When I have a few minutes to myself during the day I just want to talk to her.

When I come home at night, if she's not there, I feel lost.

When I'm upset she soothes me. Explains stuff and it's all ok again.

That kinda stuff.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I've met someone new recently and it's very scary moving onto it being 'official'. It means me giving up on certain thing's that are important to me and having the possibility of being p*ssed on again.

I don't know it's hard..."

Good luck, hope it works for you both!

By *hocoholic OP   Woman
over a year ago

The big D

Rachel xx that's such a sweet sweet description. All the posts are very insightful & it's lovely to hear reasons of why u made the commitment.

I think it culd be an age thing too, when ur younger u don't think of d long road ahead & just take things naturally but with age, there's probably more apprehension.

over a year ago

I fell in love with my wife the first time I laid eyes on her and to this day I've never loved her any less or anymore than that moment. I love spending my life experiences with her and I don't think I could ever find such a great lover and a friend like her ever again.

Maybe you just haven't come across the right person yet, but maybe your time will come when you least expect it.

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"What makes ppl decide on becoming a couple? Relationships (trust/faith etc) can be so hard, giving up independence & having to rely on some1 to hold & value ur heart is a scary thing. You can still have the fun & friendship whilst dating so why do ppl move forward to being a couple? "

I never give my all to someone bar my kids. Sounds harsh but that way I've never really been hurt and that suits me fine. I still .manage to be a awesome bf in the process so win win

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I've met someone new recently and it's very scary moving onto it being 'official'. It means me giving up on certain thing's that are important to me and having the possibility of being p*ssed on again.

I don't know it's hard...

Good luck, hope it works for you both! "

Thankyou!

over a year ago

"Rachel xx that's such a sweet sweet description. All the posts are very insightful & it's lovely to hear reasons of why u made the commitment.

I think it culd be an age thing too, when ur younger u don't think of d long road ahead & just take things naturally but with age, there's probably more apprehension. "

Thank you.

There are a lot of reasons that seem to be the right ones at the time but turn out not to be. It's those experiences that then put us off.

I married young 21 years and 5 days. As she walked into the registrar office I felt I was making a mistake. I was silently disappointed with her choice of dress too!

We split after two years.

It was twenty years alater and eleven into a relationship before I was suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling I never wanted to be without her.

I wanted to marry her and marry her right there and then. A month later we were in Gretna Green. Her dress was beautiful (I helped pick it ) and I wore a skirt.... (kilt)

Good luck. I hope it works for you xx

over a year ago

"I didn't like waking up without her there.

I sleep better when I'm in her arms.

When I have a few minutes to myself during the day I just want to talk to her.

When I come home at night, if she's not there, I feel lost.

When I'm upset she soothes me. Explains stuff and it's all ok again.

That kinda stuff. "

That’s lovely.

Sometimes I want this!

over a year ago

I got with the woman that became my first wife very young. Over the next 18 years we did everything a normal couple do. Bought a house had a child and got a dog, but I was never truly happy and I eventually left the relationship. I spent the next 7 years living and loving the single life until I met the most amazing woman. She was everything and more. We set up home together and then married within three years. Then just four months after our wedding day I discovered that we wanted very different things. I wanted an exotic holiday and she wanted her ex. So that was the end of that lol. So now I'm back in a great little man flat and starting to love life again

Post new Message to Thread