Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Distance....?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So my query is.... how many fabbers are prepared to travel any distance to meet someone?

For me, I have a busy life. Work full time, have kids etc so for me travelling a great distance doesn't work unless it's a one off.

But I'm wanting a fwb and local swinging, so when I see and get along with a guy fookin' miles away it's frustrating in more ways than one!

So what are everyone's thoughts on the whole long distance thing? Does it work? Is it worth it? Or just best as a one off?

Tiger xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you want it to work it will ..both need to put in the effort though ...depends if you want exclusivity could be frustrating for both then x

over a year ago

Fab geography is horrible. I agree op. My ideal scenario when I joined was to discover a fwb/fb/woman who lives local that wants more than just a one off and who is get in with, maybe a good mental connection and who craves everything from passion to filth.

I've found everything except anyone local. So I've given up looking.

over a year ago

I would travel if I could find a woman willing to peg me

over a year ago

"If you want it to work it will ..both need to put in the effort though ...depends if you want exclusivity could be frustrating for both then x"

Yes exactly. I would like to find a fwb that I can go to clubs with and see regularly.

I guess the key word is 'regularly' and what that means to different people.

over a year ago

"So my query is.... how many fabbers are prepared to travel any distance to meet someone?

For me, I have a busy life. Work full time, have kids etc so for me travelling a great distance doesn't work unless it's a one off.

But I'm wanting a fwb and local swinging, so when I see and get along with a guy fookin' miles away it's frustrating in more ways than one!

So what are everyone's thoughts on the whole long distance thing? Does it work? Is it worth it? Or just best as a one off?

Tiger xx"

If you're near me distance shouldn't be an issue.

over a year ago

"Fab geography is horrible. I agree op. My ideal scenario when I joined was to discover a fwb/fb/woman who lives local that wants more than just a one off and who is get in with, maybe a good mental connection and who craves everything from passion to filth.

I've found everything except anyone local. So I've given up looking. "

Totally understand! We must be in a world of unicorns and rainbows in our heads lol

over a year ago

"If you want it to work it will ..both need to put in the effort though ...depends if you want exclusivity could be frustrating for both then x"

I don't want exclusivity, just regularly. That's the problem when it comes to distance

over a year ago

If I could move further North it would help me out considerably

I should think a fwb would need to be fairly local to work?

over a year ago

"I would travel if I could find a woman willing to peg me"

Travel? You say that but realistically with your lifestyle how well would that work if you was 2 hours away and they wanted to see you once, twice a week or more?

over a year ago

"So my query is.... how many fabbers are prepared to travel any distance to meet someone?

Tiger xx"

I think it's too much of a commitment to travel to a place just for an account that you don't even know is real/serious.

It's a big effort as it is having time wasted by local people

over a year ago

"If I could move further North it would help me out considerably

I should think a fwb would need to be fairly local to work? "

I agree, but many people say they would travel.... just how realistic is it...

over a year ago

Tiger xx

If you're near me distance shouldn't be an issue. "

Well..... obviously! Lol

over a year ago

I have travelled a hour per week for 11 months to be naughty .

Last time I was on I travelled further to meet a guy who we chatted for ages and was a spark .But was disappointing .So I would never travel far .Too many men do the talk and can't do the walk .This is my opinion from last time I was on fab .

over a year ago

Tiger xx

I think it's too much of a commitment to travel to a place just for an account that you don't even know is real/serious.

It's a big effort as it is having time wasted by local people "

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

"Fab geography is horrible. I agree op. My ideal scenario when I joined was to discover a fwb/fb/woman who lives local that wants more than just a one off and who is get in with, maybe a good mental connection and who craves everything from passion to filth.

This!

I've not given up though but it seems harder than it should be

over a year ago

"I have travelled a hour per week for 11 months to be naughty .

Last time I was on I travelled further to meet a guy who we chatted for ages and was a spark .But was disappointing .So I would never travel far .Too many men do the talk and can't do the walk .This is my opinion from last time I was on fab . "

I'd travel an hour a week to meet you! Lol.

But...... I totally agree with what you're saying.

I'm going to throw this out there- many guys say they are wanting regular and not notches, but willing to travel a distance just for a horny fuck and that's it

over a year ago

I agree, but many people say they would travel.... just how realistic is it... "

How far would they travel is a better question. I wouldn't travel longer than I would want to meet them for. I've had coffee socials that last 4hrs.

over a year ago

Last time I was on I travelled further to meet a guy who we chatted for ages and was a spark .But was disappointing .So I would never travel far .Too many men do the talk and can't do the walk .This is my opinion from last time I was on fab .

I'm going to throw this out there- many guys say they are wanting regular and not notches, but willing to travel a distance just for a horny fuck and that's it "

I have loved my weekly overnights .This is what I enjoy .Not into quick one or 2 hours session .Nice to chat and cuddle and go again .Some men just don't want this .So if you travel far for quickie you will always feel disappointed .That's how I felt anyway .Plus good sex gets better the more you trust them .op nice sexy pics

over a year ago

Depends where I am staying, re. distance - but as a general rule I wouldn't travel much more than an hour, other than in exceptional circumstances.

By *4gnumprMan
over a year ago

telford

ive been as far a newcastle upon tyne

4 hr train journey

worth every minute

over a year ago

I'm going to throw this out there- many guys say they are wanting regular and not notches, but willing to travel a distance just for a horny fuck and that's it

I have loved my weekly overnights .This is what I enjoy .Not into quick one or 2 hours session .Nice to chat and cuddle and go again .Some men just don't want this .So if you travel far for quickie you will always feel disappointed .That's how I felt anyway .Plus good sex gets better the more you trust them .op nice sexy pics "

I don't like quickies as my upstairs needs to be stimulated before the downstairs gets dancing!

Hence the fwb scenario.

A horny fuck is just that, and hats off to all the ladies that enjoy that.

And sexy pics yourself! :l

over a year ago

I have loved my weekly overnights .This is what I enjoy .Not into quick one or 2 hours session .Nice to chat and cuddle and go again .Some men just don't want this .So if you travel far for quickie you will always feel disappointed .That's how I felt anyway .Plus good sex gets better the more you trust them .op nice sexy pics

I don't like quickies as my upstairs needs to be stimulated before the downstairs gets dancing!

Hence the fwb scenario.

And sexy pics yourself! :l "

Your like me stimulate the mind and body will follow

over a year ago

How far would they travel is a better question. I wouldn't travel longer than I would want to meet them for. I've had coffee socials that last 4hrs. "

I'd love to spend days with some guys, but I wouldn't want to travel for days and I'm sure they wouldn't either lol.

Guess it comes down to how much you're into that person?

over a year ago

"Fab geography is horrible. I agree op. My ideal scenario when I joined was to discover a fwb/fb/man who lives local that wants more than just a one off and who I get on with, maybe a good mental connection and who craves everything from passion to filth.

This.

Long distance does not work for more than one offs.

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

If someone is close that alows for midweek meets ( long time but close enough to go home - logistics if work in the morning)

If someone is miles away it ties it more to weekends (imo)

over a year ago

How far would they travel is a better question. I wouldn't travel longer than I would want to meet them for. I've had coffee socials that last 4hrs. "

I would certainly travel for a meet yes but meet time should ideally be longer than it took to get there and back. I think it would be frustrating if you were after something more regular, you want to call up and be together fairly quickly I would think

over a year ago

"Depends where I am staying, re. distance - but as a general rule I wouldn't travel much more than an hour, other than in exceptional circumstances."

This is the point of my post in a way.

I used to live in Surrey and could take me 45 mins to get to work which was 4 miles due to traffic.

Here (in Norfolk) you can travel many more miles to meet someone.

So would you do further travelling even though shorter time wise?

Timewise isn't shorter petrol wise iykwim?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/17 17:32:32]

over a year ago

Hence the fwb scenario.

And sexy pics yourself! :l

Your like me stimulate the mind and body will follow "

over a year ago

These past three months we've put nearly 3000 miles on the clock to meet with fabbers that we've connected with, and you know they've been worth every mile travelled and we will be continuing to meet people further afield on our fabulous Road trips

Peach x

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

While local is preferable for the sake of convenience, I would definitely be willing to travel, potentially far for a meet with someone who i've chatted for a bit and have real chemistry with. If this implies a weekend away, great i'm not the shag and go type anyway. If the connection is stronger, you're more comfortable with each other and the sex rises to a new level

over a year ago

"While local is preferable for the sake of convenience, I would definitely be willing to travel, potentially far for a meet with someone who i've chatted for a bit and have real chemistry with. If this implies a weekend away, great i'm not the shag and go type anyway. If the connection is stronger, you're more comfortable with each other and the sex rises to a new level "

I totally agree. Chemistry is the most important ingredient in a meet.

But would you travel over an hour 3 times a week? Actually, 2 hours as you'd have to get home at some point

over a year ago

"These past three months we've put nearly 3000 miles on the clock to meet with fabbers that we've connected with, and you know they've been worth every mile travelled and we will be continuing to meet people further afield on our fabulous Road trips

Peach x"

Brilliant!!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

"While local is preferable for the sake of convenience, I would definitely be willing to travel, potentially far for a meet with someone who i've chatted for a bit and have real chemistry with. If this implies a weekend away, great i'm not the shag and go type anyway. If the connection is stronger, you're more comfortable with each other and the sex rises to a new level

I totally agree. Chemistry is the most important ingredient in a meet.

But would you travel over an hour 3 times a week? Actually, 2 hours as you'd have to get home at some point "

I have a busy professional life so that wouldn't be possible, but would happily travel that far for friday / saturday

over a year ago

I don't like meeting local.

I'm happy to travel up to 2 hrs.

over a year ago

1hr 30mins drive usually my max

over a year ago

Same here. 1hr 30 is probably my max.

over a year ago

I've travelled up to two hours.

But the distance was prohibitive and it ended up a one off only.

I vowed never again

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I'd be happy to travel anywhere in the area I cover for work

If it's a no show I'd be in the hotel anyway

Problem is people don't tend to meet guys visiting the area even though it's repeat visits throughout the year

over a year ago

I had a friend that I met regularly for 5 years who lived 3 hours away. My current friend lives 5 minutes from me which is very handy.

For a meet on here I won't travel more than 30 minutes.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

30 minutes on the car is tops for me....unless they are super hot.

My time is limited!!

It's really difficult finding guys I fancy who are within striking distance, it's very frustrating quite a lot of the time tbh!

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

"30 minutes on the car is tops for me....unless they are super hot.

My time is limited!!

It's really difficult finding guys I fancy who are within striking distance, it's very frustrating quite a lot of the time tbh!"

I'd be willing to travel longer, but would agree it's difficult to find people you fancy within striking distance

over a year ago

The furthest I've travelled is to Dubai. She was coming from El Salvador so it was kinda as equal as we could manage.

There's a few people (esp one on this thread) I'd travel for but my time is so restrictive at times it's a challenge to say the least

over a year ago

"30 minutes on the car is tops for me....unless they are super hot.

My time is limited!!

It's really difficult finding guys I fancy who are within striking distance, it's very frustrating quite a lot of the time tbh!"

This is the curse of the Fab forum. . (But not guys for me. )

over a year ago

I travel for meets, and prefer to. I won't meet locally, but in order for me to travel we've got to have been chatting a while.

over a year ago

I would travel any distance if they were worth it. Finding people you click with isn't always easy so if I thought it would be something special id go for it.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I would travel, if I'd been chatting with someone a while & felt we had a connection.

My family all live up north, I visit 3-4 times a month, so could easily work something around visiting them

over a year ago

na I ain't travelling more then half hour.. I got way better things to do with my time

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Distance isn't a particular issue for us, if they are willing to meet at a club. We can make a weekend of it and if we don't fancy each other there are other options

Nita

By *lue9753Man
over a year ago

Oldham

Well I'm sure there are many guys who would travel to see you

over a year ago

The last person I met was a 600 mile round trip including the M6 car park, various delays and a car park from hell.

I'd have gladly travelled twice the distance for the fantastic time that I had.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

The whole travelling thing can be a problem when those you want to meet are on a different land mass and it wold make spontaneity a little difficult.

It's even harder if your looking for a fwb rather than just random hook ups.

I've actually looked at booking flights and for the girl who got inside my head as much as just my body I would do it.

But a one hour flight...may get me pretty much anywhere in the UK plus two hours waiting in airport's each way.

It's doable and I would but just to meet for a couple of hours... maybe not....who knows though I could be persuaded.

To make it work that way either meeting for a full day or even a weekend can work... but it takes planning and a commitment or desire that both share and a willingness to accept the limitations that brings....

Perhaps I should just move.... but then ... where to?...

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I will do it for...

Well that I'm not answering here

By *ola.Woman
over a year ago

Just where I need to be.

I rarely do local. I have a fwb who I see for regular sex. I have travelled for friends.I flew to Manchester to visit a club with a friend.I've no sense of direction and have been known to get lost and needed finding.

over a year ago

I met my actual FWB(I hate this term) on a big organised social and we spent our first weekend together in that city. Even though he lives 140 miles far from me and has to spent 4 hours in train to get to me he still come at least once a month for a full weekend. It's hard but I know I don't want anybody else

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I'm quite happy to travel up to an hour and a half (and have done so), and if two people want something to happen, distance shouldn't be an object really, should it?

over a year ago

I would travel. Depends how much you like someone.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

I've regularly driven 1.5 to 2 hours for a meet (and back again at some point). If it's a choice between making that effort for someone I'm very attracted to, and someone less attractive but closer to home, then there's absolutely no contest. But I'm not looking to meet every single week and do see how long journeys could be prohibitive if you were.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

I travelled before for a meet From London dropping off a friend.

About 4 1/2 hour drive, I consider if I have the time anywhere. Was about 275miles one way.

over a year ago

I'll happily move next door

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

A couple of hours max for me, otherwise it's not really practical, especially if you want to see each other regularly

over a year ago

I've found everything except anyone local. So I've given up looking.

I'll happily move next door "

You've got nicer tits than Him.

By *eadySteadyCockCouple
over a year ago

Tredegar

If we met a nice couple, probably anywhere!

over a year ago

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

For the correct person time / distance travelled doesn't matter, it's just getting life sorted that's the problem sometimes.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"For the correct person time / distance travelled doesn't matter, it's just getting life sorted that's the problem sometimes. "

This sums it up perfectly for me

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Tiger xx"

Guess it deoends how well you get on and if they can travel when you can't. I have a FWB who lives in London and so far it's working very well

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I suppose it can depend on whether you're wanting a regular thing or not. I think if it's something you both really want then the distance isn't an issue but for a regular meet then maybe not.

over a year ago

I tend to stick to about an hour max from me.. x

over a year ago

We met each other on here and became a couple within weeks.

We have a 200 mile distance between us but always meet up for 2-4 days a week.

Can be difficult and tiring at times, we did consider splitting, but when we're playing it's well worth the effort.

Builds up the excitement and libido, especially when we video chat in between our meets.

All depends on your personal circumstances, our home life isn't demanding

over a year ago

I have driven many miles for meets in the past. The furthest I've traveled is 1100 miles, from my home in Texas to where the lady was in Nebraska. I spent a week with her before heading home...

I guess with the advent of the net and easy access to transportation, the world has gotten a lot smaller...

over a year ago

I would travel

Post new Message to Thread