Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Postcards!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it seems the little postcard that we used to get from far flung shores is just about dead from the likes of whatsapp and Facebook.

But did you enjoy getting a postcard through the letter box (sometimes when the poster was back home) or are you glad they are on there way to room 101?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I used to collect postcards... No idea why.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I used to collect postcards from wherever I'd been on my holibobs

Or if someone sent me one ....weird things you remember you used to do ....

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My children always send their granny a postcard when we go away I think it's a sweet thing to do and she appreciate it!

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I always send postcards to family & a couple of friends.

Think in this day & age of digital communication, it's easy to lose the personal touch xx

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Give me your addresses and I'll send our answer on a postcard

over a year ago

I love postcards still

over a year ago

"So it seems the little postcard that we used to get from far flung shores is just about dead from the likes of whatsapp and Facebook.

But did you enjoy getting a postcard through the letter box (sometimes when the poster was back home) or are you glad they are on there way to room 101?"

no it just meant some friend was rubbing it in that they were away having a good time while you were working lol

over a year ago

"Give me your addresses and I'll send our answer on a postcard "

Hmmm but would you put a stamp.....

over a year ago

I like a postcard through the letterbox!

Weather is here...wish you were nice

By *ohntwoMan
over a year ago

wigan

at work we used to have a postcard wall covered in postcards from years ago to present , all gone now just get the odd postcard being sent .

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

I was going to suggest a "Second a postcard to a person on this thread" sort of thing.

Then realised this would involve giving my home address out to total strangers.

Would PM a postcard work?

By *nceinawhileCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Love postcards it's the personal touch and it's always a nice surprise to get one in the post rather than just bills and junk mail

over a year ago

"I was going to suggest a "Second a postcard to a person on this thread" sort of thing.

Then realised this would involve giving my home address out to total strangers.

Would PM a postcard work?"

Worth a try

over a year ago

Yeah I used it love it when someone sent me a postcard highlighting they were away having fun packed exotic holiday while I was stuck freezing my nuts off on an oilrig ,,,,,,

I remember this one twat from Teesside was so happy he sent me two cards ..... one of a holiday of Whitely Bay and the other of day trip to Seaton Carew .....

For the record I preferred writing a letter but hey that's part of what makes me superior .....

over a year ago

"Yeah I used it love it when someone sent me a postcard highlighting they were away having fun packed exotic holiday while I was stuck freezing my nuts off on an oilrig ,,,,,,

I remember this one twat from Teesside was so happy he sent me two cards ..... one of a holiday of Whitely Bay and the other of day trip to Seaton Carew .....

For the record I preferred writing a letter but hey that's part of what makes me superior .....

"

You can always rely on you....miserable old git moaning about a nice postcard from Seaton Carew...well next time I'm at crimdon dene I'll send you one from there bonny lad

By *ancastermanMan
over a year ago

carnforth

I send random post cards from art galleries to friends. Once i sent a load anonymously all just saying "This is a Random Postcard " and waited for replies on socmed.

over a year ago

ive got a fair few - sis in law and her hubby never had kids so they have travelled all over the place -

over a year ago

I think it's a shame but it's very much a sign of the times.

over a year ago

"ive got a fair few - sis in law and her hubby never had kids so they have travelled all over the place - "

Do you keep them in a box?

over a year ago

On a serious note - apologies - the best postcards I ever saw without a doubt were sent to my paternal grandmother from her husband. The soldiers sent postcards from France during WW2. He wrote something like, they'd dug up half the beach and now they were going to dig up the other bloody half. Bloody was crossed out, censored by the powers that be. He was a Dunkirk evacuee. Sadly these went missing, suspected sold by dodgy family member.

over a year ago

"On a serious note - apologies - the best postcards I ever saw without a doubt were sent to my paternal grandmother from her husband. The soldiers sent postcards from France during WW2. He wrote something like, they'd dug up half the beach and now they were going to dig up the other bloody half. Bloody was crossed out, censored by the powers that be. He was a Dunkirk evacuee. Sadly these went missing, suspected sold by dodgy family member. "

They would have been bloody good to have kept hold of

No pun intended btw

over a year ago

"On a serious note - apologies - the best postcards I ever saw without a doubt were sent to my paternal grandmother from her husband. The soldiers sent postcards from France during WW2. He wrote something like, they'd dug up half the beach and now they were going to dig up the other bloody half. Bloody was crossed out, censored by the powers that be. He was a Dunkirk evacuee. Sadly these went missing, suspected sold by dodgy family member.

No pun intended btw "

Yeah, both grandparents were alive when I was shown them. Even at such a young age, maybe 7/8 I understood how magical they were.

over a year ago

"On a serious note - apologies - the best postcards I ever saw without a doubt were sent to my paternal grandmother from her husband. The soldiers sent postcards from France during WW2. He wrote something like, they'd dug up half the beach and now they were going to dig up the other bloody half. Bloody was crossed out, censored by the powers that be. He was a Dunkirk evacuee. Sadly these went missing, suspected sold by dodgy family member.

No pun intended btw

Yeah, both grandparents were alive when I was shown them. Even at such a young age, maybe 7/8 I understood how magical they were."

Sadly we don't get to chose our family

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"I always send postcards to family & a couple of friends.

Think in this day & age of digital communication, it's easy to lose the personal touch xx"

Most definetly. It's a shame technology is killing it. I used to love getting cards. Still try and send some at Xmas.

over a year ago

"I always send postcards to family & a couple of friends.

Think in this day & age of digital communication, it's easy to lose the personal touch xx

Most definetly. It's a shame technology is killing it. I used to love getting cards. Still try and send some at Xmas. "

I hate them electronic Xmas cards....just delete them like a bad message on here

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Last year on holiday I got my son to write himself a postcard, his face back home when it arrived was a picture

over a year ago

"Last year on holiday I got my son to write himself a postcard, his face back home when it arrived was a picture "

Who or what got back first

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"Last year on holiday I got my son to write himself a postcard, his face back home when it arrived was a picture

Who or what got back first "

I think we did? I honestly can't remember, it's been a particularly difficult year, a year today actually

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

my favorite postcard message. " Having a lovely wish. Time you were here "

over a year ago

"ive got a fair few - sis in law and her hubby never had kids so they have travelled all over the place -

Do you keep them in a box?"

in a box somewhere - think one of the kids have them

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I used to collect post cards because they used to be better and cheaper than the pictures I could take...

over a year ago

"I used to collect post cards because they used to be better and cheaper than the pictures I could take..."

Are they not now?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've got 2 cousins who I still swap postcards with. I'm gonna need some more fridge magnets next year

over a year ago

"I've got 2 cousins who I still swap postcards with. I'm gonna need some more fridge magnets next year "

Get a album

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I've got 2 cousins who I still swap postcards with. I'm gonna need some more fridge magnets next year

Get a album "

Yeah, but then it would be like all yer old photos. Put in a box and left in the loft until some unsuspecting stranger comes to visit........

over a year ago

"I've got 2 cousins who I still swap postcards with. I'm gonna need some more fridge magnets next year

Get a album

Yeah, but then it would be like all yer old photos. Put in a box and left in the loft until some unsuspecting stranger comes to visit........"

Tell me about it...I get the wood mice coming in the loft this time of the year

Post new Message to Thread