Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What do you prefer....

Jump to newest

By *arciocial OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leicester

I see these posts quite often, asking for people's preference on clothing, hair, piercings, tattoos, size etc...

What I prefer is confidence, someone being themselves, not being something because people have said what they prefer.

Some people will like suits, some will not. Some people will look good in suits, some will not. Some people will feel comfortable in suits, some will not. You could wear a suit every day of the week, so when you don't have to you choose clothes for comfort as you're sick of a suit... And you know what, good!

This applies to everything, hair on your head, face, pubic area...

Your waistline size, if you're happy being skinny then great, if you're happy being larger then great...

When you allow others judgement to affect you, then you are not doing yourself any favours...so be yourself.

People do far too much to try and impress those they want to meet, but what would impress me is someone being who they are and having the confidence to do so.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I don't try to do anything to impress on here. Strangers on the internet don't mean that much to me.

I do agree with the sentiment in your post. To be happy in ones self is most important.

While I struggle to like my body, I am comfortable enough to not let it take over.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Anyone can do anything they like with their profile. It does amaze me, some profiles I think are weak have lots of verifications, but there you go.

For me to form a complete decision I need to see some personality, it could be from the forums. Profile text is hard to read how someone will be around me. Pictures- a face AND body pics,( I don't need naked) not just one or the other. And with all that, I can take an educated guess if we'll get along.

over a year ago

"Anyone can do anything they like with their profile. It does amaze me, some profiles I think are weak have lots of verifications, but there you go.

For me to form a complete decision I need to see some personality, it could be from the forums. Profile text is hard to read how someone will be around me. Pictures- a face AND body pics,( I don't need naked) not just one or the other. And with all that, I can take an educated guess if we'll get along.

"

But this is the Internet. It's all I've got to go off.

over a year ago

"I don't try to do anything to impress on here. Strangers on the internet don't mean that much to me "

Same here. I'm generally happy with who and what I am. I don't try to impress anyone. Love me or hate me, I will rarely try to change someone's thoughts about me

By *wo4FemCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Everyone on here has some things which creates an attraction towards someone.

We are who we are and people are either attracted to us or not.

over a year ago

"I don't try to do anything to impress on here. Strangers on the internet don't mean that much to me

Same here. I'm generally happy with who and what I am. I don't try to impress anyone. Love me or hate me, I will rarely try to change someone's thoughts about me "

I agree somewhat. I won't change to try to change someone's opinion of me.

over a year ago

I don't try and make me something I'm not. What you see is what you get, if someone doesn't like that it's their choice. X

over a year ago

I feel the same, I'm also me. It people don't like me, no drama- it won't come of anything.

If someone starts changing what they are saying they like, in response to me, that's a no as well. I like confident people who know what they want and need

over a year ago

Quite simply I have no choice...... I am impressive

By *arciocial OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leicester

"I feel the same, I'm also me. It people don't like me, no drama- it won't come of anything.

If someone starts changing what they are saying they like, in response to me, that's a no as well. I like confident people who know what they want and need "

I agree with that, someone altering themselves or agreeing with everything you say to try and please you, that's a massive turn off. It's not a game of I say jump and you say how high, it's a matter of just being you.

Post new Message to Thread