Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi fabbers,

When I joined this site I thought I'd try and chat to those who fit my tastes and if I fit theirs.

After a few brief chats I am now starting to feel the need to filter out those who don't have verifications.

And also block anyone who doesn't want to put any public photos up.

I mean how hard is it to get verified one here especially photo verified.

Am I being unreasonable?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's your profile. Run it as you see fit.

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

Go for it! You use fab how you see fit.

I've been having a bit of a think about how I use fab and I'm going to make more use of my filters and then hopefully I can focus on those I want to chat to, rather than them getting lost in the sea of messages from silhouettes and newbies.

over a year ago

A lot of varified users here are not nice people and verifications can easily be faked. Be under no illusion varification means anything

over a year ago

"A lot of varified users here are not nice people and verifications can easily be faked. Be under no illusion varification means anything"

Good point. And I agree.

I also feel that if they can't put any effort in such as posting public pics or getting verified they aren't that much into it at all.

over a year ago

You don't agree, in your post you stated you were going to filter out unverified members. Keep it real

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"A lot of varified users here are not nice people and verifications can easily be faked. Be under no illusion varification means anything

Good point. And I agree.

I also feel that if they can't put any effort in such as posting public pics or getting verified they aren't that much into it at all. "

Photo verification is easy but meeting in person not so much.

Also profiles with no pictures might attach some to any message they send.

By all means use those filters but you might be filtering out some good people.

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I don't have photo verification and don't plan on ever getting it.

over a year ago

"A lot of varified users here are not nice people and verifications can easily be faked. Be under no illusion varification means anything"

over a year ago

"A lot of varified users here are not nice people and verifications can easily be faked. Be under no illusion varification means anything

Good point. And I agree.

I also feel that if they can't put any effort in such as posting public pics or getting verified they aren't that much into it at all. "

Do what makes you happy. Trust your gut. If you want an exhibitionist type woman she'll most likely have pics so your plan will work.

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Verifications can give a good indicator that the person has the guts to actually meet and the type of people they meet. So for example this is handy for us, because we like bi guys, so it's another useful thing if the guys are verified by other bi guys or couples.

Having said that, a couple of months ago we were left waiting at home for a guy to arrive that we'd chatted to for months. He was verified including by other bi guys. Never even messaged to say he couldn't make it.

over a year ago

We've set our filters so you have to be verified, you can't be a newbie, have some photos and be a site supporter.

It's cut out the majority of the drama.

over a year ago

"You don't agree, in your post you stated you were going to filter out unverified members. Keep it real"

I said good point and I agreed with it. Keeping it real

Post new Message to Thread