Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Abusive messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what actually happens to people who send unprovoked, abusive messages?

Do they just get a warning or are they banned from the site or does nothing really happen?

If I'm not your type, then pass me by..... there's no need to be rude and abusive

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I know I reported one a couple of weeks ago and they got booted off the site, but it was several really repulsive messages he sent me. It did take admin about a week and about three messages from me to remove him though.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Any you get report...and they do act on it but what they recieve depends on the severity of the message

Reply privately

over a year ago

pretty sure they can be banned if you report so keep all messages sent to send on etc - same for serial not turning uppers -

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know I reported one a couple of weeks ago and they got booted off the site, but it was several really repulsive messages he sent me. It did take admin about a week and about three messages from me to remove him though. "

Thanks. The thing is once you report them you can't see if they are still online as the profile comes up as blocked. It wasn't too bad but was totally unnecessary. Thanks again for the feedback x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"pretty sure they can be banned if you report so keep all messages sent to send on etc - same for serial not turning uppers - "

Thanks and will do x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Any you get report...and they do act on it but what they recieve depends on the severity of the message "

Thanks for the feedback

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a pretty awful message threatening violence. Unfortunately, even though I reported him twice, he's still on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a pretty awful message threatening violence. Unfortunately, even though I reported him twice, he's still on here. "

Sorry to hear that. That's what I was worried about, that people just get away with it

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I had a pretty awful message threatening violence. Unfortunately, even though I reported him twice, he's still on here. "

Keep reporting it every few days, I think it helps if you've not deleted it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They spontaneously combust

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just block and forget. Anyone who sends abusive messages just hates themselves. Fuck em

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It can take Admin up to 48 hours to deal with a report so people need to be patient

Reply privately