Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lamb; fatty goodness.

Jump to newest

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman
over a year ago

London

Bloody gorgeous it is, I’ve got some ribs frying away and the smell is wonderful.

What’s your favourite, meat, cut and method of cooking?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I absolutely love lamb. I use it in most of the curries that I cook these days, although it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other meats, it's well worth spending a couple of quid extra. I also use it in stir frys and prefer Shepherds pie to a cottage pie. Not had a Sunday roast of lamb for a while now, so that's on the cards for next weekend now

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cant beat a nice steak but chicken tonight

over a year ago

London

"I absolutely love lamb. I use it in most of the curries that I cook these days, although it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other meats, it's well worth spending a couple of quid extra. I also use it in stir frys and prefer Shepherds pie to a cottage pie. Not had a Sunday roast of lamb for a while now, so that's on the cards for next weekend now "

The lamb prices at Morrison’s seem to be incredibly good Ace, apart from lamb mince, that’s silly price.

over a year ago

London

"Cant beat a nice steak but chicken tonight "

Do you have a favourite way of cooking it?

over a year ago

"Cant beat a nice steak but chicken tonight

Do you have a favourite way of cooking it?"

I usually fry it and chicken in oven x

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I absolutely love lamb. I use it in most of the curries that I cook these days, although it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other meats, it's well worth spending a couple of quid extra. I also use it in stir frys and prefer Shepherds pie to a cottage pie. Not had a Sunday roast of lamb for a while now, so that's on the cards for next weekend now

The lamb prices at Morrison’s seem to be incredibly good Ace, apart from lamb mince, that’s silly price."

My butcher does me a good deal on minced lamb as I've been using him for about 15 years now. I generally have about £20 worth and he minces it while I go and get ma veg off another stall in the Market Hall. I used to go to Morrisons when I lived out in the sticks and had a car, but it's about 5 miles away now and about a 15 min walk after that if I go on the bus.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Bloody gorgeous it is, I’ve got some ribs frying away and the smell is wonderful.

What’s your favourite, meat, cut and method of cooking?"

Full leg of lamb straight onto an oven rack. Firstly insert rosemary and garlic in slivers. Put a dish of potatoes under the rack.

Don't both with veg, eat like Henry the 8th, do some lamb gravy but don't invite anyone.

Kebabs from left overs next day.

Won't get much change from £20 but it's worth it. Cook it slow and low.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I absolutely love lamb. I use it in most of the curries that I cook these days, although it's a bit on the pricey side compared to other meats, it's well worth spending a couple of quid extra. I also use it in stir frys and prefer Shepherds pie to a cottage pie. Not had a Sunday roast of lamb for a while now, so that's on the cards for next weekend now

The lamb prices at Morrison’s seem to be incredibly good Ace, apart from lamb mince, that’s silly price.

My butcher does me a good deal on minced lamb as I've been using him for about 15 years now. I generally have about £20 worth and he minces it while I go and get ma veg off another stall in the Market Hall. I used to go to Morrisons when I lived out in the sticks and had a car, but it's about 5 miles away now and about a 15 min walk after that if I go on the bus. "

I make a shepards pie from either a shoulder or a leg. Jamie Oliver does it, have a look it's amazing (jamie oliver/comfort food)

By *uteness69Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

LOVE roast lamb with fresh rosemary and studded with garlic.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Lamb is one of my favourites, cooked with garlic and rosemary but if its fatty it's a ball ache when you just want to eat. Smells so good when it's cooking.

Chicken for us tonight

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Flank steak is great, used to dirt cheap but getting a bit more expensive now some celebrity chefs have sung its praise.

With any steak, I stick it in a bag and cover with coarse rock salt for about an hour, then wash it off and cook.

The salt starts to tenderise and break down the tough meat.

Cook it on a real high heat to get it well cooked on the outside and pink inside..

Mmm, mmm, mmmm..

over a year ago

London

"Flank steak is great, used to dirt cheap but getting a bit more expensive now some celebrity chefs have sung its praise.

With any steak, I stick it in a bag and cover with coarse rock salt for about an hour, then wash it off and cook.

Cook it on a real high heat to get it well cooked on the outside and pink inside..

Mmm, mmm, mmmm.."

I like black beef using skirt beef, another cheap cut.

Slice into thin strips across the grain and fry in an extremely hot pan until it’s virtually black then bung in some soy sauce. I have that with garlic and blackened fried French beans.

over a year ago

I love all the meats but went into Tescos the other day and saw belly pork slices smothered in chilli and salt.I have to say it was the most heavenly taste I have had in a long long time.

over a year ago

Shin of beef slow cooked with tomatoes, whole chestnut mushrooms and onions.

over a year ago

Delia does an excellent greek lamb dish using neck fillets, slow roasted in a foil parcel with garlic and lemon - heavenly

Ginger

over a year ago

I'm a BIG meat lover...I wih it wasnt something that must be killed!

most times when I cook meat I like it crispy, almost burnt.

By *ustfun 1984Man
over a year ago

exeter

Beef brisket cooked low and slow in beef stock and any veg you got laying about throw that in while cooking when brisket resting sieve the stock reduce down add good red wine then slice brisket cover in reduced stock

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Neck of Mutton and use it to make Lancashire Hot Pot

over a year ago

Lamb soup with lot of onions and black pepper

over a year ago

Beef

Slow roast it for hours wrapped in tin foil on a very low light

So yummy to eat when done

over a year ago

I can't stand lamb at all, it's so fatty and the smell makes me gag.

I do love chicken and pork though. I'm not especially bothered about beef.

I only eat turkey at Christmas.

I like chicken and pork cooked simply and fairly plain.

A chicken is cooking now and smells lovely, having it with new potatoes, lots of veg (including home grown tomatoes) and gravy.

I buy meat from Tesco as i can't tell the difference in meat from there or a local butchers plus i get a lot more for my money. I don't enjoy cooking but i am good at it.

over a year ago

Damn, I was just going to make hot and sour noodle soup but now I read this thread and my mouth can't stop watering at the thought of lamb...

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Flank steak is great, used to dirt cheap but getting a bit more expensive now some celebrity chefs have sung its praise.

Mmm, mmm, mmmm..

Slice into thin strips across the grain and fry in an extremely hot pan until it’s virtually black then bung in some soy sauce. I have that with garlic and blackened fried French beans. "

Mmmmmm this sounds lovely - I done fried beef strips with bbq sauce, but reduced the sauce so it was kinda like a sticky drizzle. With mash, and cabbage mmmmm yummy

over a year ago

London

Mmm, mmm, mmmm..

Slice into thin strips across the grain and fry in an extremely hot pan until it’s virtually black then bung in some soy sauce. I have that with garlic and blackened fried French beans.

Mmmmmm this sounds lovely - I done fried beef strips with bbq sauce, but reduced the sauce so it was kinda like a sticky drizzle. With mash, and cabbage mmmmm yummy "

Try cabbage and onions then. chiffonade a cabbage (savoy is the best) and fry quickly until dark green. Mix that up with loads of caramelised onions and garlic.

over a year ago

"Neck of Mutton and use it to make Lancashire Hot Pot "

That sounds mice but couldn't tell you lady time I saw mutton for sale.

over a year ago

Ribeye steak medium rare.

Lots of fat marbling, so adds massively to the flavour.

Not as good as sex though.

By *mynclMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Roast lamb marinated in yougurt and tandoori masala and other spice overnight, delicious ??

over a year ago

Slow Roast Hogget joint with Rosemary and Garlic........ plus the usual seasonal trimmings....

Post new Message to Thread