Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Looks are they objective or subjective

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You see alot of statuses stating where are the good looking people. Or good looking people only message us.

But what is good looking for one is not so for another.

So the question is are looks objective or subjective? Or are they both?! But how could something be both subjective and objective?! Would not this be logically impossible?

Your opinions wanted.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some people will be deemed to be universally beautiful, however everyone is subject to the whims of others.

A horny bloke that is available now may well say everyone is beautiful just to get laid.

However, everyone is beautiful in some way. May not be to your tastes, but will appeal to others.

It is primarily subjective I would imagine.

over a year ago

I avoided them type of people, there going to be the type that look too much in the mirror or are very critical of anything less than their perceived idea of perfection.

But looks are subjective, what I might find attractive others might find ugly and vice versa. But looks in itself do not make a person attractive. If their nature is ugly or nasty then they can be the most beautiful looking person around but would be ugly to me x

over a year ago

I can think someone is good looking but I don't fancy them.

I can fancy someone and other people think I'm mad.

over a year ago

Looks and beauty are entirely subjective, for sure. That's why everyone has a "type".

However, I think there are some indicators of a persons health (complexion, weight, teeth, cleanliness etc) that are more objective

By *azuliWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Totally subjective!

Hygiene, smiling, and taking decent, well-lit photos that don't have your dirty socks in the background are always a good starting point, though.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I can think someone is good looking but I don't fancy them.

I can fancy someone and other people think I'm mad. "

Exactly this.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

What I find attractive many would not, I like a man with a lived in face, a few scars, and throw in some facial hair and I'm all metrosexual "prettyboys" do nothing for me plus the more you know someone and like them the more attractive they become, so for me looks are subjective

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm so good looking everyone's scared of contacting me

over a year ago

Subjective

Some ladies like the rugged look,other like pretty boys,which I am certainly not x

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Subjective

Some ladies like the rugged look,other like pretty boys,which I am certainly not x"

You have a quirky smile, that will take you a long way

over a year ago

I can fancy someone and other people think I'm mad.

Exactly this."

Ditto for me too

over a year ago

"Subjective

Some ladies like the rugged look,other like pretty boys,which I am certainly not x

You have a quirky smile, that will take you a long way "

I would send you a cheeky smile pic

over a year ago

My perfect ten is some bodies 2. It's just the way it is.

But we're all a work of art, I'm a Picasso

over a year ago

A black hole is logically impossible bit it exists, a butterfly's transmutation is logically impossible but it exists, the fact us humans live on a planet travelling through space and we charge ourselves for the privilege of living here, whilst we litter the place and have multiple nuclear bombs to blow ourselves up is logically funking stilupid as frack!... but we do indeed defy logic by remaining alive here... Lol.

My point being logic is a man made concept that helps us try to comprehend our existence.

We're actually not that clever else we'd realise anything is possible for anyone who dares to imagine it being a possibility.

over a year ago

I think it's about self awareness.

I know that I'm an acquired taste looks wise. That generally I'm not perceived as good looking. So if I see those kind of terms on an advert I just avoid. Now if I found myself getting loads of attention from the opposite sex, I'd probably assume I was good looking. But I don't.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I can fancy someone and other people think I'm mad. "

Beautiful/good looking is one thing.

Attractive/attraction is another.

Sometimes they come together, sometimes they don't.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I think it's about self awareness.

I know that I'm an acquired taste looks wise. That generally I'm not perceived as good looking. So if I see those kind of terms on an advert I just avoid. Now if I found myself getting loads of attention from the opposite sex, I'd probably assume I was good looking. But I don't. "

I also agree with this. With the caveat that due to the gender disparity on here I would probably get a fair bit of attention from the opposite sex if I choose to by uploading new pics, writing a certain type of status update, veri posting, posting a meet and/or turning off filters. That doesn't mean I would assume I was good looking as a result; statistical analysis is a more logical rationale to apply in that instance.

By *arnsleycouple7683Couple
over a year ago

Barnsley

It's definitely subjective.

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

"I avoided them type of people, there going to be the type that look too much in the mirror or are very critical of anything less than their perceived idea of perfection.

But looks are subjective, what I might find attractive others might find ugly and vice versa. But looks in itself do not make a person attractive. If their nature is ugly or nasty then they can be the most beautiful looking person around but would be ugly to me x "

Agree with all that x Storm x

over a year ago

If you're talking about 'good looking' then I don't think it's as subjective as people are making out.

If you're arguing about attractiveness then that's a different thing. But good looks - I think people mostly recognise them, hence why we like to look at certain people more than others.

Post new Message to Thread