Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How inappropriate!

Jump to newest

By *yldstyle OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I'm not much of a celebrity follower, however this morning I read an article about Jenna Dewan. (For those who don't know her she's an actress who happens to be married to Channing Tatum)

Jena had posted a gorgeous photo of her on her balcony in some underwear. The haters comments followed

"You have a kid, shame on you"

"It's not 'jealousy' it's called self respect! Specially when you have children that you have to set examples for."

Seriously are we still in the 50s?

You become a mother which means you can no longer embrace your sexuality?

Yet these same people likely have no issue admiring her naked husband in Magic Mike.

Body shaming, "slut" shsming. Mum shaming. There's just no need for these and the countless other's we are all at times subjected to.

I am glad on fab such views don't exist. I imagine the outcry if I as an overweight single mother were to share some of the pictures I do here.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lkDomWhtSubBiCpleCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere / Everywhere /Kinksville

Who is Channing Tatum

By *uteness69Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I'm not much of a celebrity follower, however this morning I read an article about Jenna Dewan. (For those who don't know her she's an actress who happens to be married to Channing Tatum)

Jena had posted a gorgeous photo of her on her balcony in some underwear. The haters comments followed

"You have a kid, shame on you"

"It's not 'jealousy' it's called self respect! Specially when you have children that you have to set examples for."

Seriously are we still in the 50s?

You become a mother which means you can no longer embrace your sexuality?

Yet these same people likely have no issue admiring her naked husband in Magic Mike.

Body shaming, "slut" shsming. Mum shaming. There's just no need for these and the countless other's we are all at times subjected to.

I am glad on fab such views don't exist. I imagine the outcry if I as an overweight single mother were to share some of the pictures I do here.

"

that's messed up.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you’ve got it flaunt it, and if you don’t got it, flaunt it. The only opinion on how you look that’s important is yours

Body shaming is so pointless, what does it do for anyone? Nadda, nothing. zilch.

Get ya clothes off world, it’s how we came into it.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Who is Channing Tatum "

Actor - although just had to look up what he's been in

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Who is Channing Tatum "

The new gambit apparently. He's also in the new kingsman. I believe he's been in magic mike and gi Joe

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

And to your original point OP - couldn't agree more that any kind of public shaming is unnecessary and uncalled for - unfortunately though some people aren't as liberal or accepting as others for any number of reasons including jealousy, religious beliefs and more.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's people passing opinions.

I'd rather they passed those opinions than being shouted down every time they speak.

I know which group I consider the worst offender in terms of human existence.

By *yldstyle OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"It's people passing opinions.

I'd rather they passed those opinions than being shouted down every time they speak.

I know which group I consider the worst offender in terms of human existence. "

People are of course entitled to opinions. It's just sad when so many of these opinions are put forward in a way to make others feel bad.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It's people passing opinions.

I know which group I consider the worst offender in terms of human existence.

People are of course entitled to opinions. It's just sad when so many of these opinions are put forward in a way to make others feel bad. "

If it's done deliberately to make others feel bad I'd agree.

I can't be arsed judging either the woman or those with views other than mine, over tedious things like pics on facebook or other self publicity sites. Also I can't think of why she'd publicly want to show herself in her undies to the world. Was it a modelling job ?

over a year ago

I guess posting a picture of yourself is inviting comments both good and bad. If you don't want to hear the bad, don't do it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I just googled her. It seems they both have NO problem exhibiting in pictures or in films. I think they'll handle the comments okay.

I'm assuming the comments are from 24/7 finger waggers.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Who is Channing Tatum "

I strongly suspect with his dancing ability he’d be a lot of fun in the bedroom

over a year ago

"I just googled her. It seems they both have NO problem exhibiting in pictures or in films. I think they'll handle the comments okay.

I'm assuming the comments are from 24/7 finger waggers. "

I agree I also assume the positive comments she received from her 'followers' outweighed the negative ones.

By *yldstyle OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I've no doubt they both manage fine. What hacked me off was the "you're a mother" type comments. Its sad there are still people who think that as a mother, you stop being a person in your own right.

over a year ago

"I've no doubt they both manage fine. What hacked me off was the "you're a mother" type comments. Its sad there are still people who think that as a mother, you stop being a person in your own right. "

People will always have an opinion of how a mother, someone middle-aged, teenagers for example will act.

To me anyone passing comments like that (and they have in the past) would only really upset me if deep down I thought there was an inkling of truth behind them.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I've no doubt they both manage fine. What hacked me off was the "you're a mother" type comments. Its sad there are still people who think that as a mother, you stop being a person in your own right. "

Yeah ...... my children seem to carry that attitude to this day It's why I hide.

over a year ago

People will always have an opinion on how they think others should act. The internet makes it too easy now.

Post new Message to Thread