Back to The Lounge

Body shaming on Fab

Jump to newest

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

there's a lot of it about.

We are humans with 'imperfections'.

These only serve to show how human we are, right?

Love one another people.

Be nice.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

It's about self confidence, those with too much taunt those with too little, who in turn taunt those with too much, to make them feel worse than they do.

It's a vicious cycle.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"

Love one another people.

Be nice. "

Is this happening in messages ? I bet it's when someone is turned down

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There is a lot of intolerance masquerading as "preference".

Some people have no ability to keep their opinions to themselves. A lot of people are here for uncomplicated, non-judgemental fun, but feel the need to Peacock round the place and putting others down to boost their own ego's.

I am by my own admission an equal opportunities type of chap. What is inside the person is more important than outside.

At the end of the day we are nothing more than ghosts, piloting meat covered skeletons, made of stardust. Some collections of stardust are put together in a different order,it doesn't make us any different.

Reply privately

By *a72Man
over a year ago

london

Sometimes see people out and about pointing their fingers at someone a bit overweight and sniggering at them, unfortunately there is always going to be this type of judgemental arsehole and plenty of them on Fab too who can't take rejection.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sticks and stones....no one elses opinion matters but mine

Reply privately

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I am a sexy bitch with wobbly bits and massive boobs

Reply privately

over a year ago

It happens all the time. I’m forever leaving and coming back or hiding my profile. Costs me a fortune in gold memberships

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I skip the 'who's got the biggest..' type threads, they seem to immature.

At clubs, one of the biggest things we've learned and gained confidence from, is that most people have wobbly bits and non-perfect bodies, even the young pretty things.

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

It happens all too often. It's the ones who can't compliment without putting others down, e.g calling bigger women "real women". Or the endless either/or threads. "Do you prefer a nice neat pussy with everything tucked away or one that looks like a badly packed kebab that's been run over by a bus". Loaded question much?

Reply privately

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Rejection sure makes people nasty - even if you politely say 'sorry you are not my type/not for me' which is not indicating preference

As humans we are attracted to certain types but some people just don't understand that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a sexy bitch.

I don't care if I'm the only one to think so.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I get confused because some threads insist that it isn't all about looks and some threads seem to insist that its all about looking a certain way.

I think we all have limits on what is acceptable to us looks wise but if we can't express that politely we should keep our flaming mouths closed.

Reply privately

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"I'm a sexy bitch.

I don't care if I'm the only one to think so. "

Don't worry, you're not

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It happens all the time. I’m forever leaving and coming back or hiding my profile. Costs me a fortune in gold memberships "

Amazing body don't leave because of a few idiots.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Live n let live eh....if only!

Real men like curves n only dogs like bones.....seems to be a popular war cry for those that think it will ingratiate themselves with the largest (no pun intended) demographic on fab.

But as long as there are anonymous social platforms there will always be a certain number of twats that think they're being complimentary by slagging off the opposite of what they say they find attractive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Live n let live eh....if only!

Real men like curves n only dogs like bones.....seems to be a popular war cry for those that think it will ingratiate themselves with the largest (no pun intended) demographic on fab.

But as long as there are anonymous social platforms there will always be a certain number of twats that think they're being complimentary by slagging off the opposite of what they say they find attractive."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps if other people stepped in when they saw it it might make people think twice about doing it again.

I had a thinly veiled attack on a thread yesterday and stuck up for myself but not everyone feels comfortable doing that.

Reply privately

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I'm one of those people that don't judge by looks it's what inside that matters

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm one of those people that don't judge by looks it's what inside that matters"

I judge women negatively until it's me that's inside them

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have stepped in on a few threads and by and large get ignored. (

Either my argument is robust enough that there is no comeback, or I'm a bloke that is easy to ignore. Not always, but some of the time.

I have even had people agree with me

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"I have stepped in on a few threads and by and large get ignored. (

Either my argument is robust enough that there is no comeback, or I'm a bloke that is easy to ignore. Not always, but some of the time.

I have even had people agree with me "

I acknowledge reading your comment, but i do not feel the need to add a response.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

People who ridicule others because of their appearance are emotionally immature and usually have confidence issues themselves that they project onto others through shaming. Not sexy or attractive at all....

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

I was told to hide my photos because they were hideous.

It should not upset me but it did, not for long though.

I just don't understand the need to be cruel to people in messages OR in threads on the forums.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"People who ridicule others because of their appearance are emotionally immature and usually have confidence issues themselves that they project onto others through shaming. Not sexy or attractive at all...."

This may well be true...

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Great post.. everyone should be accepting. I realise that I won't be everyone's or even anyone's cup of tea, but I like me and that is good enough!

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Great post.. everyone should be accepting. I realise that I won't be everyone's or even anyone's cup of tea, but I like me and that is good enough!

"

It's more than enough.

I'm really glad you like you.

So many people struggle to accept and like themselves.

Reply privately

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"Great post.. everyone should be accepting. I realise that I won't be everyone's or even anyone's cup of tea, but I like me and that is good enough!

It's more than enough.

"

Too true

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's no need for bodyshaming....period!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's no need for bodyshaming....period! "

Quite right!

It's a natural bodily function n nowt to be ashamed of!

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"There's no need for bodyshaming....period!

Quite right!

It's a natural bodily function n nowt to be ashamed of! "

You make it sound like a poo.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

The world runs on looks.

Everything else is a million times less important.

Why bother pretending otherwise?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I once shot someone down in a thread for having a go at a lady because of her looks. I was placed on the naughty step and he wasn’t. Seems admin do not care enough about this.

I also tend to treat people how I would like to be treated.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"The world runs on looks.

Everything else is a million times less important.

Why bother pretending otherwise?"

SUCH shallow thinking.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I once shot someone down in a thread for having a go at a lady because of her looks. I was placed on the naughty step and he wasn’t. Seems admin do not care enough about this.

I also tend to treat people how I would like to be treated. "

Well that's bloody unfair!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think it's nice to get personal, but... I have a bit of a problem with the 'body shaming' thing in that I think it's healthy for people to aspire to be healthy.

I don't think people should be shamed. But I do think people use the body shaming argument to excuse being fat and that gets in the way of encouraging a healthy ideal.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I don't think it's nice to get personal, but... I have a bit of a problem with the 'body shaming' thing in that I think it's healthy for people to aspire to be healthy.

I don't think people should be shamed. But I do think people use the body shaming argument to excuse being fat and that gets in the way of encouraging a healthy ideal."

another one I can't understand is why fat people should hide because they're fat?

Why bully them with 'health advice' they're not stupid and they didn't ask you to interfere in their lives!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think it's nice to get personal, but... I have a bit of a problem with the 'body shaming' thing in that I think it's healthy for people to aspire to be healthy.

I don't think people should be shamed. But I do think people use the body shaming argument to excuse being fat and that gets in the way of encouraging a healthy ideal.

another one I can't understand is why fat people should hide because they're fat?

Why bully them with 'health advice' they're not stupid and they didn't ask you to interfere in their lives!

"

That's not my point at all.

I think the term is being used to excuse people being overweight.

That's a choice they're entitled to make. However I feel it's healthy to encourage people to aspire to be healthy - not settle for being fat because it's easy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not just on Fab.

It appears all people care about these days is how fat or thin everyone is

God it's boring!

I find lot of people under 30 especially narcissistic and self obsessed.

Yawn!

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

That's a choice they're entitled to make. However I feel it's healthy to encourage people to aspire to be healthy - not settle for being fat because it's easy."

That's a massive assumption!

Body positivity is about loving yourself and knowing you're good as you are, not constantly changing yourself to suit societal demands.

You're assuming most fat people are lazy.

That's quite an insult.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

The way things are going I can see being overweight becoming as socially unacceptable as smoking.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"The way things are going I can see being overweight becoming as socially unacceptable as smoking."

Not at all.

It's about fighting back against the shallow thinking that thin is best!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I said easy. Not lazy.

I didn't mention body positivity.

I highlighted the (mis)use of body shaming as a term.

I want my children to aspire to be healthy. I don't think the use of this term as its currently being used by many helps towards that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you give an example OP?

I see way more threads supporting the larger lady than other body shapes on here, the BBW one i last looked at was in the mid 200's.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I said easy. Not lazy.

I want my children to aspire to be healthy. I don't think the use of this term as its currently being used by many helps towards that."

That's your opinion.

It's wrong but hey ho.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I said easy. Not lazy.

I want my children to aspire to be healthy. I don't think the use of this term as its currently being used by many helps towards that.

That's your opinion.

It's wrong but hey ho. "

Well if you say so. Clearly

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Can you give an example OP?

I see way more threads supporting the larger lady than other body shapes on here, the BBW one i last looked at was in the mid 200's."

Just because there's a long running thread supporting 'bbw's' it doesn't mean there isn't body shaming.

I have read a lot of very insulting comments regarding body imperfections, not just weight. I myself have been told to hide my pics just yesterday.

It's unnecessary and nasty thinking that fat, hairy women or men need or want anyone's helpful advice to 'aim for healthy' etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I was told to hide my photos because they were hideous.

It should not upset me but it did, not for long though.

I just don't understand the need to be cruel to people in messages OR in threads on the forums.

"

Your pics are ace

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I said easy. Not lazy.

That's your opinion.

It's wrong but hey ho.

Well if you say so. Clearly "

thanks for your input

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

It's more than enough.

"

Thank you I also figure if you can't say anything nice & civil, don't say anything!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Encouraging people to be healthy may be motivated by better things than nastiness.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see way more threads supporting the larger lady than other body shapes on here, the BBW one i last looked at was in the mid 200's."

I'm not sure that counts. It's a handful of people who mainly post. It's more of a friendship thread. More often than not, a thread about larger people turns into a shit show.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I see way more threads supporting the larger lady than other body shapes on here, the BBW one i last looked at was in the mid 200's.

I'm not sure that counts. It's a handful of people who mainly post. It's more of a friendship thread. More often than not, a thread about larger people turns into a shit show."

Which to be fair is very sad. The modern world means that everyone can have, and voice an opinion. Some people don't think how things can be interpreted, or don't think, or do and they are crass..

If I see the nasty type of stuff posted it gives me a good idea of who not to communicate with and i'm generally quite a communicative bloke!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think people should be shamed. But I do think people use the body shaming argument to excuse being fat and that gets in the way of encouraging a healthy ideal."

I can assure you, fat people don't use body shaming as an argument to excuse being fat. That doesn't even make any sense.

People who are fat who promote body confidence are basically saying "hey, this is who I am right now, and just because I'm fat, I'm not going to hide my body".

It's a shame you felt the need to write a "but" after your statement, because personally, I don't think anyone should be body shamed. Period.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

I can assure you, fat people don't use body shaming as an argument to excuse being fat. That doesn't even make any sense.

People who are fat who promote body confidence are basically saying "hey, this is who I am right now, and just because I'm fat, I'm not going to hide my body".

It's a shame you felt the need to write a "but" after your statement, because personally, I don't think anyone should be body shamed. Period. "

Thank you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a shame you felt the need to write a "but" after your statement, because personally, I don't think anyone should be body shamed. Period. "

I'm impressed that you can speak on behalf of all fat people

I just think a state of health should be aspirational. I prefer people to look at Gemma Collins and think I'd prefer not to look that way. Not aspire to be it.

I know I'm in the wrong place to express such. But it's a forum and that's my thoughts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not sure that counts. It's a handful of people who mainly post. It's more of a friendship thread. More often than not, a thread about larger people turns into a shit show."

That's what it turned into, it started off as an appreciation thread.

On Fabs there appears to only be two body shapes and both get there fair share of trolling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People who ridicule others because of their appearance are emotionally immature and usually have confidence issues themselves that they project onto others through shaming. Not sexy or attractive at all...."

Reply privately

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

That's a choice they're entitled to make. However I feel it's healthy to encourage people to aspire to be healthy - not settle for being fat because it's easy."

If antone honestly think it's 'easy' being fat you are SO wrong. It's not 'easy' being made fun of by strangers, it's not easy being unable to eat in public without feeling guilty, not easy not getting on a plane for fear of not fitting in the seat, not easy not being able to buy nice clothes and it's not easy being told it's 'to do with your weight' when at the doctors for a cold!

I hated drawing attention to myself so would 'go along' with people... so I lost my 'voice' for years!

I was overweight .... and lost it. It took over two years and I feel great now. But, being fat is the hardest thing I have experienced... ever! I'm still the same person ... intelligent, articulate and sexy.... but was often overlooked in many ways.

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm overweight still not have lost 9st and I am now VERY healthy ... my doctor has confirmed it ... so overweight isn't necessarily unhealthy...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel no shame about my body. Anyone wants to throw insults my way will be laughed at. I'm getting plenty of sex with men I fancy with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a choice they're entitled to make. However I feel it's healthy to encourage people to aspire to be healthy - not settle for being fat because it's easy.

If antone honestly think it's 'easy' being fat you are SO wrong. It's not 'easy' being made fun of by strangers, it's not easy being unable to eat in public without feeling guilty, not easy not getting on a plane for fear of not fitting in the seat, not easy not being able to buy nice clothes and it's not easy being told it's 'to do with your weight' when at the doctors for a cold!

I hated drawing attention to myself so would 'go along' with people... so I lost my 'voice' for years!

I was overweight .... and lost it. It took over two years and I feel great now. But, being fat is the hardest thing I have experienced... ever! I'm still the same person ... intelligent, articulate and sexy.... but was often overlooked in many ways.

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X "

I was referencing the effort required to lose weight and the discipline to not put it on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a shame you felt the need to write a "but" after your statement, because personally, I don't think anyone should be body shamed. Period.

I just think a state of health should be aspirational. I prefer people to look at Gemma Collins and think I'd prefer not to look that way. Not aspire to be it.

I know I'm in the wrong place to express such. But it's a forum and that's my thoughts."

Let's not be pedantic - I obviously don't speak for all fat people.

A state of health is wanted. However, let's remember that you can't tell someone's health just by looking at them. What about the size 12 girl who smokes, eats junk food and sleeps 5 hours a night!? Healthy? No.

There's a huge misconception that putting fat people in the mainstream will promote obesity. It doesn't. It promotes that people are different.

I'm fat. I've lost 7 stone and I'm working hard to lose weight. I'd love to not be judged because of how I look.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I'm overweight still not have lost 9st and I am now VERY healthy ... my doctor has confirmed it ... so overweight isn't necessarily unhealthy..."

Fantastic!

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Some inspirational people on this thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know I'm in the wrong place to express such. But it's a forum and that's my thoughts.

A state of health is wanted. However, let's remember that you can't tell someone's health just by looking at them. What about the size 12 girl who smokes, eats junk food and sleeps 5 hours a night!? Healthy? No.

There's a huge misconception that putting fat people in the mainstream will promote obesity. It doesn't. It promotes that people are different.

I'm fat. I've lost 7 stone and I'm working hard to lose weight. I'd love to not be judged because of how I look. "

How do you know that's a misconception?

Our society is getting fatter, not less. The stats for children are incredibly shocking.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

The reality is no one can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent and acceptance.

You won't be everyone's cup of tea. But to those that do appreciate you, you are handsome/beautiful.

To the rest, don't waste a second on their opinions. It only hurts you and changes nothing

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

This talk of body shaming is pointless.

Everyone else's eyes betray what they think after the thousanth of a second it takes the subconcious to form an opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm overweight still not have lost 9st and I am now VERY healthy ... my doctor has confirmed it ... so overweight isn't necessarily unhealthy...

Fantastic! "

Thank you ... I'm still a work in progress but a HEALTHY work in progress now

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I said easy. Not lazy.

I want my children to aspire to be healthy. I don't think the use of this term as its currently being used by many helps towards that."

Ah, I think I recall your posts before!

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"The reality is no one can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent and acceptance.

You won't be everyone's cup of tea. But to those that do appreciate you, you are handsome/beautiful.

To the rest, don't waste a second on their opinions. It only hurts you and changes nothing "

Excellent quote!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The reality is no one can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent and acceptance.

To the rest, don't waste a second on their opinions. It only hurts you and changes nothing "

Well said!!

Reply privately

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

I was referencing the effort required to lose weight and the discipline to not put it on."

I agree A LOT of effort is required to lose it/maintain a healthy weight... but, it's not to be underestimated how much mental or emotional effort it takes to live with being fat. It's very hard

Reply privately

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

I was referencing the effort required to lose weight and the discipline to not put it on."

I agree A LOT of effort is required to lose it/maintain a healthy weight... but, it's not to be underestimated how much mental or emotional effort it takes to live with being fat. It's very hard

Reply privately

over a year ago

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

I can't be arsed at the moment. I've lost some weight and I'm having some brain rest time. I'm craving crap I don't usually eat. It's a psychosomatic thing I have to get myself out of.

I don't allow anyone to shame me, condescend me, bully me or scare me into stressing out about my health. I spent many years being very under weight and very unhealthy and no fucker gave a toss. Until I put on loads of weight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm fat. I've lost 7 stone and I'm working hard to lose weight. I'd love to not be judged because of how I look.

Our society is getting fatter, not less. The stats for children are incredibly shocking."

Our children aren't getting fatter because we now have plus-size models. Come on. You'll find that most of the plus size models are healthy, but tend to have larger frames, or bigger breasts.

In fact, there's been a huge rise in teenage boys taking steroids because of all the gym fit guys on mainstream TV. Shows like Love Island are giving young males a distorted view of what their bodies should look like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's no need for bodyshaming....period!

Quite right!

It's a natural bodily function n nowt to be ashamed of!

You make it sound like a poo.

"

Or poop...as the yanks say

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never acceptable under any circumstances far as I'm concerned! Anyone who does this should be called out and publicly shamed.

Not trying to win any PC points I just feel very strongly about bullying and that is how I view body shaming!

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Fantastic!

Thank you ... I'm still a work in progress but a HEALTHY work in progress now "

Keep up the good work, for you and no-one else, as was said ignore the haters and anyone whose opinion doesn't count.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I ask fit men to help me fuck myself thin. They are very obliging

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

To the rest, don't waste a second on their opinions. It only hurts you and changes nothing

Excellent quote!"

Thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I ask fit men to help me fuck myself thin. They are very obliging "

They're a considerate bunch on here!

Reply privately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I ask fit men to help me fuck myself thin. They are very obliging "

Oh. I am so stealing that

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Well said!! "

Thank you too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

I was referencing the effort required to lose weight and the discipline to not put it on.

I can't be arsed at the moment. I've lost some weight and I'm having some brain rest time. I'm craving crap I don't usually eat. It's a psychosomatic thing I have to get myself out of.

I don't allow anyone to shame me, condescend me, bully me or scare me into stressing out about my health. I spent many years being very under weight and very unhealthy and no fucker gave a toss. Until I put on loads of weight."

Isn't this so often the way ...

?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I ask fit men to help me fuck myself thin. They are very obliging

Oh. I am so stealing that "

It really works too. I fucked a lot of fit men when I first joined and lost a stone in a few weeks. I'm getting older and my arthritis is getting worse so I can't take as much, but it's a great workout.

Reply privately

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

"

Love one another people.

Be nice. "

We’ve seen some profiles where people body shame. Usually the types who are up their own arses and think they’re gods gift. You know the type!

We’re all human, with bulges, wrinkles, jiggly bits and wiggly bits!

We appreciate that different people like different things, but we’ve never understood why folks have to be so awful about it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fantastic!

Thank you ... I'm still a work in progress but a HEALTHY work in progress now

Keep up the good work, for you and no-one else, as was said ignore the haters and anyone whose opinion doesn't count."

Thank you my lovely ... very much appreciated xx

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Oh. I am so stealing that "

Me too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our society is getting fatter, not less. The stats for children are incredibly shocking.

Our children aren't getting fatter because we now have plus-size models. Come on. You'll find that most of the plus size models are healthy, but tend to have larger frames, or bigger breasts.

In fact, there's been a huge rise in teenage boys taking steroids because of all the gym fit guys on mainstream TV. Shows like Love Island are giving young males a distorted view of what their bodies should look like."

So why are they getting fatter and how do we stop it?

Or do we ignore it as a problem because nobody should be body shamed?

I know nothing of the steroid issue. But the obesity issue is undeniable, they have been measuring children in Reception and at the end of primary for years. The figures are not good.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

I don't allow anyone to shame me, condescend me, bully me or scare me into stressing out about my health. I spent many years being very under weight and very unhealthy and no fucker gave a toss. Until I put on loads of weight.

?"

Apart from when I was a skinny kid and my sisters took the piss out of me, not one person said you skinny cow, eat something will you, you look awful. Although, I don't really get shamed personally on here for my fatness.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Me too "

Do you think it will work the other way round too? For us more cuddly blokes...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Easy.... no.bloody.way!

X

?

Apart from when I was a skinny kid and my sisters took the piss out of me, not one person said you skinny cow, eat something will you, you look awful. Although, I don't really get shamed personally on here for my fatness. "

I haven't yet thank goodness but it should work both ways x

Reply privately

over a year ago

In fact, there's been a huge rise in teenage boys taking steroids because of all the gym fit guys on mainstream TV. Shows like Love Island are giving young males a distorted view of what their bodies should look like.

I know nothing of the steroid issue. But the obesity issue is undeniable, they have been measuring children in Reception and at the end of primary for years. The figures are not good."

More access to sweets and snacks. Less playing out with mates after school. Parents working and kids buying crap instead of coming home to a cooked dinner. Not that our dinners were healthy. We lived on frozen food and instant mash.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Me too

Do you think it will work the other way round too? For us more cuddly blokes... "

Ffs. It never works the other way round now we are all PC.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too

Do you think it will work the other way round too? For us more cuddly blokes... "

Dunno. Can you pound away without raining sweat down on the lady underneath you?

Reply privately

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

"I was told to hide my photos because they were hideous"

Whoever said this is a moron!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Me too

Ffs. It never works the other way round now we are all PC."

What's fucking like a machine got to do with being PC?

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Me too

Ffs. It never works the other way round now we are all PC."

Oh well.. it was worth asking... haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Beautiful x

" Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about - be kind, always "

Reply privately

over a year ago

The causes are obvious. My question was how do we tackle it? (Or is it being argued that it's not a problem)

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know nothing of the steroid issue. But the obesity issue is undeniable, they have been measuring children in Reception and at the end of primary for years. The figures are not good."

You think shaming a child about their weight is a good thing?

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Me too

Dunno. Can you pound away without raining sweat down on the lady underneath you? "

I have a couple of solutions... lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know nothing of the steroid issue. But the obesity issue is undeniable, they have been measuring children in Reception and at the end of primary for years. The figures are not good.

You think shaming a child about their weight is a good thing?"

Yawn

Nope. Never suggested it was. All covered in earlier points.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Beautiful x

" Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about - be kind, always "

"

So true

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The causes are obvious. My question was how do we tackle it? (Or is it being argued that it's not a problem)"

We don't. Their parents do. Sending home letters telling someone their child is fat isn't the way to make a child thinner.

My youngest grandson is a skinny little thing. His mum has never been told he's underweight or asked about his diet.

Reply privately

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Can I just say that it is not only larger people that gets abuse on here!

I have had plenty over the years and I wont say what they were due to politics

But every thread that is made about how wonderful BBW's are there is always and I mean always at least two quotes stating, 'only dogs like bones' or 'only a real woman has curves'

The last time I looked I was real, I have skin, bones, tendons, even fat shock horror

But this site is not one to come onto if you are looking for compliments!

Reply privately

over a year ago

You think shaming a child about their weight is a good thing?

Yawn

Nope. Never suggested it was. All covered in earlier points."

Scrolling copied posts bores me. I answered the question I read.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

How did a body shaming thread turn into just a fat-bashing one?

Oh wait, I know

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was taught that if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it! And, if you don't like someone, leave them alone!

I don't see why some people feel the need to belittle others. Not everyone is going to be our liking...be polite and move on. Apparently there is someone for every one!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The causes are obvious. My question was how do we tackle it? (Or is it being argued that it's not a problem)

We don't. Their parents do. Sending home letters telling someone their child is fat isn't the way to make a child thinner.

My youngest grandson is a skinny little thing. His mum has never been told he's underweight or asked about his diet. "

The point is that the parents don't.

Maybe because we've moved to a point where it's OK to be fat and anyone that dares suggest it's not is seized upon as a fat shaming bully? That's exactly what many kids see in their parents, and on TV, in the media...

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one has denied the obesity issue. It's down to education, economical issues, cultural differences. Personally, I think the food trade and how it's marketed play a huge role in it, especially when it's aimed at children.

Body shaming has nothing to do with any of that. When my Dr tells me I need to be at a certain weight, he isn't body shaming me.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"How did a body shaming thread turn into just a fat-bashing one?

Oh wait, I know "

Sigh.

It's not what I intended.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But this site is not one to come onto if you are looking for compliments!"

Ohhh I dunno I wasn't looking for them but I've had hundreds

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Oh wait, I know "

I agree... bring it back on track...

Body shaming in any way is nothing short of bullying, there is no excuse and no need...

I thank you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh wait, I know "

Presumably that's me.

Not asking valid questions. Just fat-bashing

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't have or need an excuse for being over weight no more than I did for when I was under weight. I was told I would put on weight and I did. I put it on, I have to get it off. Not some arsehole who thinks they know everything about being fat, thin or healthy, or how easy it is for someone to lose weight. I'm healthier now than when I was 8 stone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one has denied the obesity issue. It's down to education, economical issues, cultural differences. Personally, I think the food trade and how it's marketed play a huge role in it, especially when it's aimed at children.

Body shaming has nothing to do with any of that. When my Dr tells me I need to be at a certain weight, he isn't body shaming me. "

He most definitely is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Body shaming is evident everywhere on the forum. It's part of the reason I've no time for most that regularly air their views.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

If you are a bloke and get called a fat bastard you either decide to loose weight or not and don't imagine that bleating about it will make an iota of difference.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh wait, I know "

It's the 1st thing that pops into my mind when people are unspecific in what they've been body-shamed about.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sorry but I notice far more BBW loving on here than body shaming.

Far, far more.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Body shaming has nothing to do with any of that. When my Dr tells me I need to be at a certain weight, he isn't body shaming me.

He most definitely is."

I don't think you actually know what you're talking about.

However, you should look up about the body confidence movement, and about the steroid abuse in young males. It's really interesting and might give you some more understanding about why it's good to have a whole range of normal bodies in the mainstream media.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Sorry but I notice far more BBW loving on here than body shaming.

Far, far more."

You're not sorry.

You want to get your point across and veer this thread off course.

Well, you succeeded.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He most definitely is.

However, you should look up about the body confidence movement, and about the steroid abuse in young males. It's really interesting and might give you some more understanding about why it's good to have a whole range of normal bodies in the mainstream media. "

Thanks.

I'll accept that given I'm taking the advice from somebody who clearly knows everything about the subject and can act as the voice for all fat people

Haven't actually explained how we'll solve the problem. Or expressed if you even consider it to be a problem though...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh wait, I know

Presumably that's me.

Not asking valid questions. Just fat-bashing "

I don't think you're fat bashing at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The causes are obvious. My question was how do we tackle it? (Or is it being argued that it's not a problem)

My youngest grandson is a skinny little thing. His mum has never been told he's underweight or asked about his diet.

Maybe because we've moved to a point where it's OK to be fat and anyone that dares suggest it's not is seized upon as a fat shaming bully? That's exactly what many kids see in their parents, and on TV, in the media..."

Is it ok to be something different to what other people want us to be? The only reason people feel the need to fat shame isn't just about health. And let's be honest, if the government weren't going on about how much fat people cost the NHS we wouldn't have fat shaming for health reasons; it would only be for piss taking and abuse. If you ask someone why they are so worried about a fat person's health, the reply is always -it's me taxes innit, costing me money, or something like that. They don't give a shit about someone's health, if they don't know that person; they are annoyed about paying taxes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a old saying....if you've got nothing nice to say...say feck all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe because we've moved to a point where it's OK to be fat and anyone that dares suggest it's not is seized upon as a fat shaming bully? That's exactly what many kids see in their parents, and on TV, in the media..."

For years people have been made to feel ashamed and unattractive for being fat. It's not a new thing. Yet obesity is rising as you say. So your statement that making fat 'acceptable' is the cause of rising obesity does not add up. If reducing obesity was as easy as making people feel shit for being fat well then I guess nobody would be fat would they?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Far, far more.

You're not sorry.

Well, you succeeded.

"

You mean I debated the point that maybe the body shaming topic is more complex than massaging your ego?

Sorry.

For what it's worth I think the message you received was shitty. Doesn't change that I also think the body shaming accusation can also be misused, and that's a problem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Far, far more."

I think the body shaming might be through private messaging, or the threads get deleted.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He most definitely is.

However, you should look up about the body confidence movement, and about the steroid abuse in young males. It's really interesting and might give you some more understanding about why it's good to have a whole range of normal bodies in the mainstream media.

Thanks.

I'll accept that given I'm taking the advice from somebody who clearly knows everything about the subject and can act as the voice for all fat people

Haven't actually explained how we'll solve the problem. Or expressed if you even consider it to be a problem though... "

I've already stated that I don't speak for all fat people. Also, I did say that there's an obesity issue, I also said what I think is to blame. I don't have all of the answers on how to solve it. Sorry about that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There's a old saying....if you've got nothing nice to say...say feck all "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe because we've moved to a point where it's OK to be fat and anyone that dares suggest it's not is seized upon as a fat shaming bully? That's exactly what many kids see in their parents, and on TV, in the media...

For years people have been made to feel ashamed and unattractive for being fat. It's not a new thing. Yet obesity is rising as you say. So your statement that making fat 'acceptable' is the cause of rising obesity does not add up. If reducing obesity was as easy as making people feel shit for being fat well then I guess nobody would be fat would they? "

I don't think it is.

But I do think we're moving to a state where being fat is normal. I don't think that's good.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Far, far more.

I think the body shaming might be through private messaging, or the threads get deleted. "

Fair point.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And yeah body shaming on fab is not just about weight. It's about body hair, cock size, fanny aesthetics etc etc. Every thread about 'preferences' ends with insults. Like being back in the playground sometimes

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Oh wait, I know

I agree... bring it back on track...

Body shaming in any way is nothing short of bullying, there is no excuse and no need...

I thank you "

Though I beleive it only works to upset those being shamed if they already have the 'shame' within themselves.

I realise that it's easy to say "don't let them upset you". Inner strength is not something everyone has sadly.

Where the 'shame' comes from in the first place can be convention/instinct e.g. women like taller men. Or it can be gained from popular culture. And popular culture is in nearly everyone's face these days.

In my opinion and experience, freaking out about a 'fat' child only fills them with shame. They likely don't understand what's going on in their body. And end up taking full blame leading to internal shame. And then extreme dieting. I have several T Shirts

Human body fashion changes with the centuries. Currently lots of people are fat. And children fatter than I was aren't necessarily full of self hatred. I see that as a good thing.

Of course every fat hater will go on about the strain on the NHS etc. Yes it's an issue but subtle education is better than shaming.

In this PC world we live in there are few groups of people it's still ok to have a pop at. Fat people are one, ginger haired people are another. Everyone else is covered by various 'ist' legislation.

Criticising other's people's bodies is infantile. Letting other people's insults get to you is optional

Reply privately

over a year ago

It can't be easy putting a child on a diet, especially if they have a big appetite or some kind of stress or anxiety that causes them to seek comfort in food. Weight can creep up so easily on anyone and if a parent is working and not supervising what the child eats, they don't have total control. I also know people who feel like they are giving a child love by constantly feeding them, or feeding them too much because they don't know portion sizes for kids.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it ok to be something different to what other people want us to be? The only reason people feel the need to fat shame isn't just about health. And let's be honest, if the government weren't going on about how much fat people cost the NHS we wouldn't have fat shaming for health reasons; it would only be for piss taking and abuse. If you ask someone why they are so worried about a fat person's health, the reply is always -it's me taxes innit, costing me money, or something like that. They don't give a shit about someone's health, if they don't know that person; they are annoyed about paying taxes.

"

This is so true! It's why people feel validated to comment on someone's apparent health!

Reply privately

over a year ago

The problem with fat children is some become anorexic or bulimic teenagers.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

Far, far more.

You're not sorry.

Well, you succeeded.

You mean I debated the point that maybe the body shaming topic is more complex than massaging your ego?

Sorry.

For what it's worth I think the message you received was shitty. Doesn't change that I also think the body shaming accusation can also be misused, and that's a problem."

It's literally like talking to the wall.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It can't be easy putting a child on a diet, especially if they have a big appetite or some kind of stress or anxiety that causes them to seek comfort in food. Weight can creep up so easily on anyone and if a parent is working and not supervising what the child eats, they don't have total control. I also know people who feel like they are giving a child love by constantly feeding them, or feeding them too much because they don't know portion sizes for kids. "

I comfort ate as a child after my Dad died. I was so young when he first got ill and I remember my Mum limiting what I ate, but I'd secretly eat and she found it impossible to make me stop. From there, I learnt habits that are still really hard to break.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is so true! It's why people feel validated to comment on someone's apparent health!"

I agree with this to a point.

But then we also need to but out of people's smoking, drug use etc. etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For years people have been made to feel ashamed and unattractive for being fat. It's not a new thing. Yet obesity is rising as you say. So your statement that making fat 'acceptable' is the cause of rising obesity does not add up. If reducing obesity was as easy as making people feel shit for being fat well then I guess nobody would be fat would they?

I don't think it is.

But I do think we're moving to a state where being fat is normal. I don't think that's good."

No it isnt but there is so much at play there as others have said. Food manufacturing, cheap fast food, more sedentary lifestyles... education on healthy lifestyles is good. Making people feel like second class citizens, unattractive, lazy whatever for being overweight is not good and quite simply does not work. Worth remembering that mental health is as important as physical health and fat shaming is a sure way to bring someone down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is so true! It's why people feel validated to comment on someone's apparent health!

I agree with this to a point.

But then we also need to but out of people's smoking, drug use etc. etc."

It all boils down to money.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

I'm disappointed with how this thread has gone.

I thought in my naivety I could encourage a bit of love towards one another.

Stupid me.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Very few generations after us will be able to import food. Interesting times await...

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"

Stupid me."

Don't be silly, just because it gets derailed a bit doesn't make it bad

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me."

It's inspired a debate. It's fine

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me."

Or in other words: here's a rallying call for people to pounce on the wanker that raised a different perspective on body shaming than the one I wanted to hear.

I'm sure people will duly rally

Good night.

Reply privately

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

Body shaming takes all guises on fab and is..unfortunately unavoidable...i am very body confident..but dont consider myself good looking...i am above average endowment thankfully ...but..how many times have profiles flippintly made remarks about small cocks or guys that look like they were hit by the ugly stick..humorous or not..these comments probably hit home with someone...

.guess you gotta just let it wash over you on fab, but to a degree ppl focus on 'overweight' comments the most...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me.

Or in other words: here's a rallying call for people to pounce on the wanker that raised a different perspective on body shaming than the one I wanted to hear.

Good night."

What was the different perspective? I lost the plot half way through.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Body shaming takes all guises on fab and is..unfortunately unavoidable...i am very body confident..but dont consider myself good looking...i am above average endowment thankfully ...but..how many times have profiles flippintly made remarks about small cocks or guys that look like they were hit by the ugly stick..humorous or not..these comments probably hit home with someone...

.guess you gotta just let it wash over you on fab, but to a degree ppl focus on 'overweight' comments the most..."

Little tits rarely get a mention on here. Whereas big tit threads pop up frequently.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me.

Good night."

No one pounced. People gave differing opinions.

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Little tits are really in fashion now and look amazing

Reply privately

By *xplicitMan
over a year ago

donegal

"Body shaming takes all guises on fab and is..unfortunately unavoidable...i am very body confident..but dont consider myself good looking...i am above average endowment thankfully ...but..how many times have profiles flippintly made remarks about small cocks or guys that look like they were hit by the ugly stick..humorous or not..these comments probably hit home with someone...

.guess you gotta just let it wash over you on fab, but to a degree ppl focus on 'overweight' comments the most...

Little tits rarely get a mention on here. Whereas big tit threads pop up frequently. "

.yup...another form by insinuation

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me.

Good night."

Ah don't take it so hard, you're opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"

Stupid me.

Good night."

That's not what I meant.

I was attempting to stir up love for the human body IN ALL ITS FORM!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see you were the one to bring fat into this discussion. Body shaming isn't just about being fat. Skinny people have nasty comments slung at them too. As well as women with little boobs, men with small cocks, people being called ugly etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's some love, up there...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see you were the one to bring fat into this discussion. Body shaming isn't just about being fat. Skinny people have nasty comments slung at them too. As well as women with little boobs, men with small cocks, people being called ugly etc. "

Hear hear

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"

Stupid me.

Good night.

That's not what I meant.

I was attempting to stir up love for the human body IN ALL ITS FORM! "

We can still do that

I thought it was interesting reading through different views and debate.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"There's some love, up there..."

Thank you!

Right back at you.

(heart)

not sure of emojis!

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Cheer up everyone. The part of the brain responsible for fucking habitually overrides the critical part.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"

Stupid me.

Good night.

That's not what I meant.

We can still do that

I thought it was interesting reading through different views and debate. "

I'm a fluffy eejit.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Some really positive stuff on the thread too amongst the postings...

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"

Stupid me.

Good night.

That's not what I meant.

We can still do that

I thought it was interesting reading through different views and debate.

I'm a fluffy eejit."

Carry on, its all good!

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Some really positive stuff on the thread too amongst the postings..."

Yes, yes there were.

You're right.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

Ah it'll be over soon.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Could someone please point me in the direction of one of these 'body shaming' comments please? Because as far as I'm concerned, I can honestly say in my time in here I have never seen any. I've seen lots of people looking to be constantly offended however.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Good whilst it lasted...

Love and smiles to everyone

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stupid me."

Once the thread is out there you have no control how it turns out so yes it's a little naive to think people are necessarily going to share the love.

The forums are all about debate & this has tuned into one so it's good to see the different, mostly valid, points of view.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Could someone please point me in the direction of one of these 'body shaming' comments please? Because as far as I'm concerned, I can honestly say in my time in here I have never seen any. I've seen lots of people looking to be constantly offended however."

The threads are usually removed or closed. I think most happens by private message; usually, but not limited to, being turned down.

Reply privately

By *uteness69 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Could someone please point me in the direction of one of these 'body shaming' comments please? Because as far as I'm concerned, I can honestly say in my time in here I have never seen any. I've seen lots of people looking to be constantly offended however."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't forget those offended on behalf of others!

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"

Stupid me.

Once the thread is out there you have no control how it turns out so yes it's a little naive to think people are necessarily going to share the love.

The forums are all about debate & this has tuned into one so it's good to see the different, mostly valid, points of view."

It's knocked the spots off some other threads.

Thanks OP

Reply privately