Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Celebrity Masterchef

Jump to newest

By *andom2chat OP   Man
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Spoilers: If you don't know the result look away now!

Well, I can't be described as a "foodie", or even watched many episodes of any of the Masterchef series. However it was on & I couldn't be bothered switching channels.

Somehow this series managed to pull me in.

The celebrities came across as real people rather than the usual "out to make/revive my career" types - even with Ulrika Jonsson.

The food looked amazing & the standard unbelievably high. The tasks seemed almost impossible yet every contestant gave it their all, producing gastronomic delights you'd have expected from Michelin Star chefs.

I even warmed to Ulrika who I tend to think of as a bit of a media tart, but she genuinely seemed to care about the good she prepared & presented.

So it was a surprise to "series link" the show & get excited about a cookery show - especially last night's final.

The final round got my pulse racing for all three finalists who gave it their all by dishing up food I'd have happily paid for in a restaurant. However, for me the final result was a fair one & a deserving winner.

I can't see me watching "Bake Off" anytime soon or even venturing further afield from my mince n tattles, or Mac n Cheese. However I am looking forward to the next Celeb Masterchef.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/09/17 09:37:03]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The final was good. I liked the look at that tart at the end.

Joking aside, the celeb Ines are always good, these people have had Food Cooked for them by catering for years and rarely will have any skills, so to see them pull food out like Angelica did last night is amazing. They should be proud of themselves.

By *andom2chat OP   Man
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"The final was good. I liked the look at that tart at the end.

Joking aside... to see them pull food out like Angelica did last night is amazing. They should be proud of themselves. "

Poor Ulrika will forever be known as a tart after her "ladette" past & her tumble in the tabloids over Sven, however even I warmed to her puddings Mr B

I agree tho that I was rooting for Angelica as she appeared not to put a foot wrong in any of her dishes.

Post new Message to Thread