Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kindest thing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's the kindest thing someone has done for you ?

I've had a few people do some nice things but the one that stands out the most is when my was in hospital for a long period of time. I had to take time off work to look after him and spent most of my days in the hospital with him. A particular day I had nothing to eat and no time for so much as a shower. There was a lovely lady hating home with her young boy. About 2 hours after she left she returned with a hot nrak for me and a few bits to keep myself going. She then sat with my little boy as I had a shower. I know it doesn't seem like much bit to me it was a big deal. It doesn't cost a lot to be nice to someone and who knows maybe that one little thing could make a big difference to someone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When your at your lowest ebb any hint of human kindness is really great

over a year ago

It's really and truly is. You never know what someone is going through. It pays to be kind.

over a year ago

When i was runover an AA man organised a few people (who had stopped to gawp at me) to push the car off my leg/foot that was trapped under the wheel of the car.

He had put his coat under my head, said a few soothing words and gave me a hanky to cry into when we were waiting for the ambulance.

He then saw me onto the Ambulance and waved me off.

over a year ago

I can't think of the absolute kindest thing...but recently I had some bad news and a friend of mine met me at Central Park with a whole picnic (complete with appetizers, main course, drinks and cupcakes) that she carried all the way from Queens. She spent the day with me, taking my mind off everything. She didn't have to do it, but she did.

People surprise me with their kindness sometimes.

over a year ago

"It's really and truly is. You never know what someone is going through. It pays to be kind."

It certainly pays to Listen. I never did for years then one desperate day I did. Saved me and now I do the same for others if they need it.

Such a simple thing to do... Listen.

over a year ago

The most recent would be when a pal helped me with a job in my garden. It rained all day, we never moaned and he tripped all the way through it with me.

All I said in the morning was what I was upto, he said he'd help to get it done as the weather looked shite to work in it alone. That was pretty cool of him. I owe him one.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not too sure of the kindest as there have been a few but I remember when my best friend passed away a couple of years ago wandering outside to try and find some strength to carry on. A woman was walking her dog and saw me in the park and went home and came back with a flask of hot, strong sweet tea and biscuits. I can still remember how grateful I felt and the taste of that tea and just the sense of calm from her spending time with me.

over a year ago

Another thread to keep a eye on as I'm a lover off these stories

over a year ago

I'm so very sorry for the way my brain is working today. But I read the title of this thread as the kinkiest thing, imagine my bewilderment as I read through the first couple of posts.

Maybe the kindest thing for me right now is a long last walk up the garden

over a year ago

Whilst shoping at my local retail park there was an elderly lady struggling to walk and carry a carrier bag of food, so I took the bag and she took my arm and I lead her to her car.... where her friends who could walk fine where waiting for her as she drove them there....

Sweet lady, she laughed and told them she had a toy boy

over a year ago

When my Gran died I was devasted, she was the only member of my family I cared about amd in lie the rest of my family who chose to go home I stayed with her on hospital knowing she wouldn't make the morning. A month or so earlier I'd gobe through quite a nasty break up. My ex heard what had happened via mutual friends amd lived quite close to me. I woke up to find a text telling me that she knew I'd be hiding from the world fir days but in my porch I'd fI'd a food parcel containing all my favourite comfort foods ensuring u had no need to leave my flat. My ex had every reason to hate me but I remain humbled by the kindNess of putting thst to one side to make sure when I was okay.

over a year ago

It's nice to here stored that are kind for a change. I really believe one small gesture can make someone's day

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I was unwell with depression earlier this year and friends of mine took me in for 2 months and let me live with them. they helped me to eat, to shower, to go outside and completely opened their little family to me. the only argument we had is when I tried to pay for some shopping as well. it's a help I will never forget.

Post new Message to Thread