Not Meeting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people insist on putting this as their status..why not just hide profile

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why do people insist on putting this as their status..why not just hide profile "

Apparently because this is more than a swingers site, so I've been told, several times, when I've voiced similar.

By *rladytoyMan
over a year ago

plymouth

"Why do people insist on putting this as their status..why not just hide profile "

But how can they get the attention they crave with a hidden profile ?

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"Not meeting at present" said no man ever

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It only draws attention to the profile

By *l4yerMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"It only draws attention to the profile "

Got it in one. Thats why they do it.

The 'not meeting at moment' profiles get more meets than the rest of us.

Welcome to the asylum.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Maybe they like sharing pics. Maybe just like to chat. Etc

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I think it makes you fair game, for more messages asking to meet .

When I had my single profile I hid it for that reason.

Miss

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Because they don't want or have to. It's their profile.

over a year ago

Maybe they wish others still too see there pics and tex . Maybe they like to get fabs on pics.?

over a year ago

"It only draws attention to the profile "

Well it's not working...

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Maybe because some people don't read the profile text...

over a year ago

Why should they hide because they aren't having sex? They may still be chatting to people and don't want to be a faceless profile-less nonentity. If people choose to ignore or not read what's on the profile about not meeting at the moment, that's their problem.

Putting up filters and blocks only means new people can't message and people they have already been messaging can still message.

over a year ago

It's a buyers market?

Wrong thread...

Even the not meeting ever brigade still need their pics fabbing

People use fab how they want to, which might not suit you, but suits them. I am not actively looking to meet, but enjoy the forums. If I hid my profile, I'd be yet another anonymous entity spouting off behind a keyboard (which I know I am, but you kn[w what I mean).

over a year ago

"It only draws attention to the profile

Welcome to the asylum. "

If I put that I'm not meeting at the moment, it means that. It's not to get more messages; I get enough with filters off already. I'm still using the site and sometimes still meeting people I have already met. I don't hide because I'm still here,

over a year ago

I clearly need to review this...

By *arahandmatCouple
over a year ago

Wrexham

If they hide their profile people will not be able to make contact. They are not saying they do not want to communicate, they are just saying they don't want to meet at present.

over a year ago

if someone i chat to hides their profile i dont message - i take it they are out of the game for a reason - but some still want to chat so put up a status saying so - = dont worry so much about what others do and do your own thing

over a year ago

"if someone i chat to hides their profile i dont message - i take it they are out of the game for a reason - but some still want to chat so put up a status saying so - = dont worry so much about what others do and do your own thing"

Maybe, but I'm still finding out how my thing works!

By *l4yerMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Welcome to the asylum.

If I put that I'm not meeting at the moment, it means that. It's not to get more messages; I get enough with filters off already. I'm still using the site and sometimes still meeting people I have already met. I don't hide because I'm still here,"

So, in your own words 'sometimes still meeting people I know'

Thats not 'not meeting at the moment' thats 'meeting people you know at the moment'

See how confusing it is? No wonder us guys get it wrong...often. Applying logic to an illogical statement. Theres no hope for us.

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

Or they could put all filters on so no one new can message. That's what I've done, although I am meeting, just not arranging meets on here.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

I've been very specific on my profile about meeting, what I'm doing on here currently and who I'm communicating with. I'm not trying to draw attention to myself I actually delete unsolicited messages unread. I don't have pics, I never have, so in theory I should have an empty inbox. But guess what, the unsolicited messages from guys keep coming. There are those that just wink which to be fair I think that is acceptable. I don't have filters because of the forum, I want to interact with ppl from threads. I don't see why I should hide my profile, I'm not misleading anyone, I'm being honest so as not to be accused of time wasting. I think it's unfair to hide my profile from those I interact with on the forum. I'm not trying to hide anything I even made the effort of going to the MLS because I wanted to go obviously, but also so the ppl on the forum I interact with know I do exist and I'm not a silhouette.

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Welcome to the asylum.

If I put that I'm not meeting at the moment, it means that. It's not to get more messages; I get enough with filters off already. I'm still using the site and sometimes still meeting people I have already met. I don't hide because I'm still here,

Thats not 'not meeting at the moment' thats 'meeting people you know at the moment'

See how confusing it is? No wonder us guys get it wrong...often. Applying logic to an illogical statement. Theres no hope for us.

"

I fail to understand what's confusing about "not meeting at the moment", it seems cut and dried to me...

By *itmanAndHerrCouple
over a year ago

st helens

Maybe they're just waiting for their course of antibiotics to finish or their spouse to go back offshore

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Welcome to the asylum.

"

My profile is quite logical and to the point that makes no difference whatsoever

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/09/17 11:27:40]

over a year ago

Because sometimes it's just for few days and we still wanna keep in touch with ppl on here for potential meets, but do know what you are saying, its like they never intend to meet ... I had a couple look at me n thought oo they look nice went to profile its hidden... I mean why look if no intentions xx female replying xx

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I do this quite often .... it slows down the amount of messages you get from randoms ....

Also sometimes im.just on the forums .... and dont wish to meet at the moment .... simples....

over a year ago

I still want to be able to chat & people to see me ~ but I'm not available at a drop of a hat or knickers as the case maybe...

over a year ago

"I still want to be able to chat & people to see me ~ but I'm not available at a drop of a hat or knickers as the case maybe..."

Which is a great shame..

over a year ago

I often do this

I don't want to hide my profile because even though I'm not meeting at that present time I still like to interact with people on here who could be potential meets for the future

It's nothing about attention seeking for me

over a year ago

Well they have to get the attention they crave, donth they

over a year ago

"if someone i chat to hides their profile i dont message - i take it they are out of the game for a reason - but some still want to chat so put up a status saying so - = dont worry so much about what others do and do your own thing

Maybe, but I'm still finding out how my thing works!"

sorry - that made me laugh

over a year ago

Welcome to the asylum. "

Really? Bollocks.

*runs off to change profile*

over a year ago

"if someone i chat to hides their profile i dont message - i take it they are out of the game for a reason - but some still want to chat so put up a status saying so - = dont worry so much about what others do and do your own thing

Maybe, but I'm still finding out how my thing works!

sorry - that made me laugh "

Ha, read into it what you will..

Post new Message to Thread