Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Worked in a bar??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, has any of you works in a cocktail bar or club? What was it like and how did you get into it if so?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Years ago when I was a student I worked in the bar in a club. I got the job through a friend.I suspect that nowadays it's not quite so easy.

I enjoyed it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wife and I had a nightclub in Japan for 27 years. Hard fucking work. Basically when you're not open you're preparing for opening. You're living and breathing it 24/7. Good times, bad times, fun times, sad times. Crazy times, wtf times, outrageous times, discreet times, and at the end let's get out of this time.

Our life now could not be any more different.

over a year ago

"Years ago when I was a student I worked in the bar in a club. I got the job through a friend.I suspect that nowadays it's not quite so easy.

I enjoyed it."

Yeah I figured through a friend is easiest that's my bet on getting into it

over a year ago

"Wife and I had a nightclub in Japan for 27 years. Hard fucking work. Basically when you're not open you're preparing for opening. You're living and breathing it 24/7. Good times, bad times, fun times, sad times. Crazy times, wtf times, outrageous times, discreet times, and at the end let's get out of this time.

Our life now could not be any more different."

Wow that's a long time, very impressive! Sounds like what I expect though, I think any business you start up becomes your life but thanks for the insight! It's a dream of mine that I'm realistically looking into

over a year ago

Get your licence and you will find a plethora of failing pubs needing a caretaker landlord while they decide what to do with them.

Must be prepared to work 20 hour days, and lose your home every few months when the pub gets sold or the brewery puts their own manager in.

But it can work out for the right people. Turn enough pubs to profit and you will start to get longer gigs.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Get your licence and you will find a plethora of failing pubs needing a caretaker landlord while they decide what to do with them.

Must be prepared to work 20 hour days, and lose your home every few months when the pub gets sold or the brewery puts their own manager in.

But it can work out for the right people. Turn enough pubs to profit and you will start to get longer gigs."

Forget your life, it won't be yours!

over a year ago

I've always worked in bars and clubs, I love the atmosphere, the banter and especially the flirting

over a year ago

I've been a club doorman 15 years now and love it. Lot's of female attention allbeit light hearted

Post new Message to Thread