Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hitting factory reset on life

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

In an almost matrix style.

If you could reset,start from scratch, forget everything that's happened before and be given a new set of memories would you?

Personally no.

The stuff that happens during our lives good or bad makes us what we are,and in general most people (not all) have lots of great stuff in their history.

Yeah we all have crap and bad shit ,but for most this is cancelled out by good stuff.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nope. All a learning curve.

over a year ago

It's a no from me, I am who I am due to those experiences and memories

over a year ago

I'm hitting my reset button atm... I feel like I've got a second wind and I'm re-starting from 26 lol.

Not forgetting the past or anything that's helped to firm who I am now... But I am detaching from the perceived issues, negative programming and subconscious ingrained factory settings...

I'm feeling great and breathing space, grace, ease and fun into every area of my life.

S'been a long time coming and it's a daily pass-time where I focus on how I can relax and enjoy my life more and more.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Not for me - although if there's a "restore to a previous back up" option then I might take that

over a year ago

Factory reset wouldn't gyarabee exactly the sane crap and choices happening again, so I don't fancy running that twice.

As stated above, restore to a previous point would be good for me.

over a year ago

I'd take the non-destructive restore option. Keep all my folders n files but reset the system.

over a year ago

Fuck no I don't want to go through all that again they were not the good old days!!!

Now the restore point would be a much better option say from about 25 years ago but with all files and folders intact so I don't go making the same mistakes again

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"In an almost matrix style.

If you could reset,start from scratch, forget everything that's happened before and be given a new set of memories would you?

Personally no.

The stuff that happens during our lives good or bad makes us what we are,and in general most people (not all) have lots of great stuff in their history.

Yeah we all have crap and bad shit ,but for most this is cancelled out by good stuff.

"

Everything that happens in our past makes us who we are today

No point restarting it ... best to learn from each experience and learn to makr the most of it

Live the dream and if you can't do that then still have the dreams to live for

over a year ago

I wouldn't do it.

But I'd like to go back 20 years, be in my 20yr old body and have my 42yr old mind!

over a year ago

No , but I'd love just 5 more minutes to talk to my Mum and Dad again.

over a year ago

no - live and learn -

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

Strangely enough, about 5 months ago, I was really struggling with depression & anxiety, i had a feeling that i can only describe as a system crash, the windows blue screen, with a countdown to rebooting. I felt like this for a few days, I went to bed as usual on the Saturday night around 10pm, and woke up at 10am on Monday. 36 hours lost! After the panic had subsided I realised that the reboot feeling had gone.

over a year ago

I'm in the middle of a reset

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If I could choose which memories to erase I might consider it. However when you think about your life you realise that the good and the bad are so bound up with each other that they're inseparable. Without shade you don't appreciate the sunlight.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I would not say I've not had some shit times in my life . Far from it infact , but would I change anything ? No way !

Everything happens for a reason , and it's all part of the bigger picture , so it was what it was , and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger .

I would hate to think that all the shit was for nothing , and the good times ( which were way fewer than the crap till I met S 7 years ago ) were nice .

I do wish I'd met S before I did , but other than that it's been my journey , and I wouldn't change it .

over a year ago

If it meant going through everything again and getting to the same point, no.

over a year ago

That would be a no

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"If I could choose which memories to erase I might consider it. However when you think about your life you realise that the good and the bad are so bound up with each other that they're inseparable. Without shade you don't appreciate the sunlight."

So true. Lifes downs make the ups so much better.

over a year ago

I made a set of decisions at 25 that I've always regretted. If you offered me the chance to hit reset then I would in a heartbeat.

To put in context. My father had died and my mother was ill. I made what I thought were informed choices on my future, but they led to nowhere.

I would love to go back and take the more radical path.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

atm yes where is the button, a year or two might change my mind. does that mean i will be reborn

over a year ago

Wouldn't necessarily want to erase the memories. ..but...

Would do a reset and do a few things differently

Post new Message to Thread