Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Spam, spam, spam, spam....

Jump to newest

By *risky_Mare OP   Woman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I always get a lot monday morning but this monday there are 260 emails waiting, and dozens offering fuckbuddy/hookups which i have never had before

I've got them on both my personal email and my business - which I never use to sign up for anything, in order to keep spam down......

So are they just random hits? Anyone else get a load this weekend? Any idea how I can prevent them??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

never take any notice of spam emails - just delete them every so often

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"never take any notice of spam emails - just delete them every so often"

Yeah but I have to sort the wheat from the chaff and it drives me nuts!

over a year ago

"never take any notice of spam emails - just delete them every so often

Yeah but I have to sort the wheat from the chaff and it drives me nuts! "

not sure why you even look at the spam mail - its already been sorted into rubbish ???

over a year ago

Selling of email addresses must pay well. I don't get as much spam as I did when I first opened a Hotmail account.

I don't get any on my Googlemail account.

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

not sure why you even look at the spam mail - its already been sorted into rubbish ???"

No it hasn't, that's the problem - it's in my inbox. And I do have to check the spam folder on my business mail because client's emails end up in there quite often.

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Selling of email addresses must pay well. I don't get as much spam as I did when I first opened a Hotmail account.

I don't get any on my Googlemail account. "

I don't think Plusnet have any decent spam filtering.

By *a72Man
over a year ago

london

"I always get a lot monday morning but this monday there are 260 emails waiting, and dozens offering fuckbuddy/hookups which i have never had before

I've got them on both my personal email and my business - which I never use to sign up for anything, in order to keep spam down......

So are they just random hits? Anyone else get a load this weekend? Any idea how I can prevent them??"

Used to get loads of spam e-mails when I used Yahoo but none now I use a gmail account

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I always get a lot monday morning but this monday there are 260 emails waiting, and dozens offering fuckbuddy/hookups which i have never had before

So are they just random hits? Anyone else get a load this weekend? Any idea how I can prevent them??

Used to get loads of spam e-mails when I used Yahoo but none now I use a gmail account"

Mine are both on my own domain names too.

over a year ago

not sure why you even look at the spam mail - its already been sorted into rubbish ???

No it hasn't, that's the problem - it's in my inbox. And I do have to check the spam folder on my business mail because client's emails end up in there quite often. "

your settings havent been altered have they - maybe after an update - i get a once in a blue moon unwanted email in inbox

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No it hasn't, that's the problem - it's in my inbox. And I do have to check the spam folder on my business mail because client's emails end up in there quite often.

your settings havent been altered have they - maybe after an update - i get a once in a blue moon unwanted email in inbox "

I'll check - had a go at plusnet about it a while but they just shrugged!

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I've got an idea. Why don't single women team up with single men who are perverts. The man can read all her filthy mail (wanking off whilst doing so) and simply highlight any decent mail to the single woman. The man can then reply (and wank off again) whilst sending and receiving fake mails to the other perverts. That would keep them busy.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Monty Python did a song about Spam.

over a year ago

"Selling of email addresses must pay well. I don't get as much spam as I did when I first opened a Hotmail account.

I don't think Plusnet have any decent spam filtering. "

I'm very careful who I give my Google Mail address to. My Hotmail one anyone can have. I can delete the crap or mark as spam from my phone.

over a year ago

I think some companies assume I'm male, because I get loads of sexy young women emailing me. Sadly, I have to let them down

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I'm very careful who I give my Google Mail address to. My Hotmail one anyone can have. I can delete the crap or mark as spam from my phone."

Yea but I'm sick of going through all the spam! Bloody plusnet has a 30 min wait on the helpline ffs.....

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

May or may not be related - guess it depends who the underlying service provider to Plusnet for email is (or could be a result of reduced filters on the other end) - but there's a global problem affecting Hotmail/Outlook users currently due to a 'system upgrade' - is likely to go on for another 24 hours apparently

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

One hour later - still waiting on helpline to speak to someone!

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"One hour later - still waiting on helpline to speak to someone! "

It's been telling me I am first in the queue since 16.42!!!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Can you create your pen filters with them, such as words contained in much of your spam? Maybe they could be swept into a new folder, such as desperate virgins spam, rather than the Spam folder that you have to look through for client mail etc?

over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Can you create your pen filters with them, such as words contained in much of your spam? Maybe they could be swept into a new folder, such as desperate virgins spam, rather than the Spam folder that you have to look through for client mail etc? "

They vary normally, lots of insurance stuff or fitness products, those spammy competitons etc, very random. But I noticed all the hookup ones that came in this morning spelled it 'h00kup'and 'f*ckbuddy' - presumably to get round such filters.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Why not have spam toast spam and spam... There's not much spam in that

over a year ago

I'm very careful who I give my Google Mail address to. My Hotmail one anyone can have. I can delete the crap or mark as spam from my phone.

Yea but I'm sick of going through all the spam! Bloody plusnet has a 30 min wait on the helpline ffs..... "

I do a mass delete of the emails from certain addresses. You can get rid of hundreds with a few clicks of the mouse.

over a year ago

I got loads of spam mail when I first had this Fab account then it died off over the months since.

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Not had any issues from Fab on the joint account email address

Post new Message to Thread