Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

18 year old apparently ...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't tell me...

Second generation Muslim immigrant who's got a history of trouble with the police?.

Am I close

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Second generation Muslim immigrant who's got a history of trouble with the police?.

Am I close "

Why do u have to mention Muslim immigrant there, he is simply a fucking terrorist end off...

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Why do u have to mention Muslim immigrant there, he is simply a fucking terrorist end off..."

I guess, because regardless of the sentiment behind his comment, it may be a fact. And it's pertinent in identifying why he did the act and how to prevent further acts.

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Why do u have to mention Muslim immigrant there, he is simply a fucking terrorist end off...

I guess, because regardless of the sentiment behind his comment, it may be a fact. And it's pertinent in identifying why he did the act and how to prevent further acts.

"

I think the reason is, he was been brainwashed by the IS by saying to them 'white men hate Muslims and they judge us by religion' ...

over a year ago

Has this guy done us all a favour in a way? Fortunately the explosion was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and no lives were lost but,an extremely suspicious looking package was left on a tube train and no one reported it.I appreciate that rush hour tubes are hellishly crowded and this device could have been overlooked but this really highlights the need for extreme vigilance from everybody.Maybe we need to be actively looking for dangers,assuming there will be something like this and reporting everything,no matter how seemingly innocuous.

over a year ago

"Has this guy done us all a favour in a way? Fortunately the explosion was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and no lives were lost but,an extremely suspicious looking package was left on a tube train and no one reported it.I appreciate that rush hour tubes are hellishly crowded and this device could have been overlooked but this really highlights the need for extreme vigilance from everybody.Maybe we need to be actively looking for dangers,assuming there will be something like this and reporting everything,no matter how seemingly innocuous."

Personally I'd prefer that the intelligence agencies did their jobs properly in the first place. Asking people to be vigilant plays towards prejudices and paranoia, and all of a sudden you get people being taken off planes because some idiot doesn't feel right.

Basically, asking the uneducated to be intelligence support is asking for trouble.

I will do what I've always done, and get on with my life.

over a year ago

I cant imaging for one moment he was a lone operator ....

I would advocate interrogation using truth serum..... we need to hunt down all of his cohorts

By *idzguyMan
over a year ago

coventry

The sad thing generally is we are becoming desensitised to terrorism it's becoming a normality and most of us aren't shocked anymore thinking I wonder where's going to be next. I fear for future generations it's becoming a scary world yet police resources are still being cut ?

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

I think the reason is, he was been brainwashed by the IS by saying to them 'white men hate Muslims and they judge us by religion' ... "

Is that how they radicalise young men?

over a year ago

"Has this guy done us all a favour in a way? Fortunately the explosion was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and no lives were lost but,an extremely suspicious looking package was left on a tube train and no one reported it.I appreciate that rush hour tubes are hellishly crowded and this device could have been overlooked but this really highlights the need for extreme vigilance from everybody.Maybe we need to be actively looking for dangers,assuming there will be something like this and reporting everything,no matter how seemingly innocuous.

Personally I'd prefer that the intelligence agencies did their jobs properly in the first place. Asking people to be vigilant plays towards prejudices and paranoia, and all of a sudden you get people being taken off planes because some idiot doesn't feel right.

Basically, asking the uneducated to be intelligence support is asking for trouble.

I will do what I've always done, and get on with my life. "

If it's someone working on their own there is no intelligence. Even a small group who don't have ties to people already under surveillance could go undetected.

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

I think the reason is, he was been brainwashed by the IS by saying to them 'white men hate Muslims and they judge us by religion' ...

Is that how they radicalise young men? "

It's how the Daily Heil and the Daily Express do it to middle-class people, probably works for ISIS too.

over a year ago

"Has this guy done us all a favour in a way? Fortunately the explosion was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and no lives were lost but,an extremely suspicious looking package was left on a tube train and no one reported it.I appreciate that rush hour tubes are hellishly crowded and this device could have been overlooked but this really highlights the need for extreme vigilance from everybody.Maybe we need to be actively looking for dangers,assuming there will be something like this and reporting everything,no matter how seemingly innocuous.

The intelligence agencies rely on just that....intelligence which is collated from all sources....which coincidentally includes the public.

Resources are stretched to the limit so, that one piece of information from a member of the public may be vital when scrutinised.

Noones suggesting we walk around expecting an imminent attack, but being supportive and vigilant is a small part to play in ASSISTING those agencies.

over a year ago

If it's someone working on their own there is no intelligence. Even a small group who don't have ties to people already under surveillance could go undetected. "

The answer is not to go all 1984, though.

over a year ago

If it's someone working on their own there is no intelligence. Even a small group who don't have ties to people already under surveillance could go undetected.

The answer is not to go all 1984, though. "

Which is?

Without surveillance they won't stop any attacks.

over a year ago

The intelligence agencies rely on just that....intelligence which is collated from all sources....which coincidentally includes the public.

Resources are stretched to the limit so, that one piece of information from a member of the public may be vital when scrutinised.

Noones suggesting we walk around expecting an imminent attack, but being supportive and vigilant is a small part to play in ASSISTING those agencies."

The problem is that members of the public are not trained to identify potential threats, and will report anything they don't like the look of. So all of a sudden we have intelligence agencies wasting time sifting through what are often bollocks claims made by people who are paranoid about their brown-skinned neighbours.

Same argument for data-scraping on the internet. It's a lazy way to do intelligence because the Government would rather cut costs than bolster security properly.

over a year ago

I meant people could be more alert for suspicious or unattended packages and more willing to report them even if it means causing a scene. I get your point that some may just start pointing fingers at anyone they don't like the look of but,still, reporting things to the station staff or police helps them to do their jobs.

over a year ago

Noones suggesting we walk around expecting an imminent attack, but being supportive and vigilant is a small part to play in ASSISTING those agencies.

The problem is that members of the public are not trained to identify potential threats, and will report anything they don't like the look of. So all of a sudden we have intelligence agencies wasting time sifting through what are often bollocks claims made by people who are paranoid about their brown-skinned neighbours.

Same argument for data-scraping on the internet. It's a lazy way to do intelligence because the Government would rather cut costs than bolster security properly. "

What about the neighbours of the actual terrorists who report unusual activity, which leads to a thwarting of an attack? Do we stick our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening? When it's your family member or friend laying in pieces you may think differently.

By *nSeeNMan
over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"Don't tell me...

Am I close "

Possibly but this attack varies slightly

in that its not a suicide attack.

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Possibly but this attack varies slightly

in that its not a suicide attack."

He may not have had the brainwashing that others had. I feel for their parents who can't understand how their child ended up like this.

over a year ago

It is also very easy to say 'just carry on as usual'. Sure,someone living in Doncaster or Todmorden may very rarely go on the London Underground so,yeah,I'll carry on avoiding the tube,no problem.But that is clearly not an option for a lot of people so I'm saying,do change your behaviour,be more vigilant than ever before.Don't be afraid to make a scene and report unattended packages or luggage.

Better to look a bit silly than to be incinerated in a tunnel.

over a year ago

Same argument for data-scraping on the internet. It's a lazy way to do intelligence because the Government would rather cut costs than bolster security properly.

What about the neighbours of the actual terrorists who report unusual activity, which leads to a thwarting of an attack? Do we stick our heads in the sand and pretend it isn't happening? When it's your family member or friend laying in pieces you may think differently. "

Again, though, intelligence agencies have to spend a lot of time sifting through all of that data, and if there are a lot of false reports that they have to investigate and rule out, how much time do you think they'll have to find the handful of genuine reports, investigate them, and prevent attacks?

By the way, these lone wolf attacks can almost never be prevented, because in the aftermath everyone always says the attacker was peaceful, quiet, kept themselves to themselves and never showed anything overtly suspicious. So what would there be to report?

Another thing to note is that many attackers are already known to intelligence agencies. So the question to ask is why were they not stopped, if that was the case? An uncomfortable fact is that intel agencies will sometimes allow an attack to happen in order to expose potential further intel on groups.

For reference, I had friends that died in the September 11th attacks.

over a year ago

There is a huge difference between phoning Mi5 and telling them your neighbour looks a bit 'terroristy' and expecting them to do something about it,and reporting a Lidl bag containing a large bucket,left on a tube train.

That's what I mean by vigilance.

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"There is a huge difference between phoning Mi5 and telling them your neighbour looks a bit 'terroristy' and expecting them to do something about it,and reporting a Lidl bag containing a large bucket,left on a tube train.

That's what I mean by vigilance."

It seems a Lidl bag with a bucket in it doesn't look suspicious, as nobody seemed concerned about an 18yr old lad walking through London with it.

over a year ago

"Has this guy done us all a favour in a way? Fortunately the explosion was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and no lives were lost but,an extremely suspicious looking package was left on a tube train and no one reported it.I appreciate that rush hour tubes are hellishly crowded and this device could have been overlooked but this really highlights the need for extreme vigilance from everybody.Maybe we need to be actively looking for dangers,assuming there will be something like this and reporting everything,no matter how seemingly innocuous."

over a year ago

Police make 2nd arrest of a 21 year old male in Hounslow ....

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

In certain places this is given to all employees, places like airports, ferry terminals. That's why security goes ape If you walk away from your luggage, most people there are in holiday mode and wouldn't notice things out of the ordinary.

over a year ago

"Police make 2nd arrest of a 21 year old male in Hounslow .... "

Is he a Syrian refugee as well?

over a year ago

5 now arrested

2 in Newport Wales

over a year ago

"The sad thing generally is we are becoming desensitised to terrorism it's becoming a normality and most of us aren't shocked anymore thinking I wonder where's going to be next. I fear for future generations it's becoming a scary world yet police resources are still being cut ? "
no different to the IRA bombs etc. We were told to watch for packages. I was once guilty of bringing a station to a standstill.. as my son's nappy change rucksack had fallen off while I was trying to carry a baby.. pushchair and 3 bags on the underground. But it was a good 20mins before the bag being dropped and the cordon being called. I realised and luckily my bag wasn't blown up and the police saw the funny side x

over a year ago

"5 now arrested

2 in Newport Wales "

Welsh

over a year ago

Sons of glendwr

over a year ago

Another ones been arrested taking the total to 6...age range 18 to 48.

over a year ago

"The sad thing generally is we are becoming desensitised to terrorism it's becoming a normality and most of us aren't shocked anymore thinking I wonder where's going to be next. I fear for future generations it's becoming a scary world yet police resources are still being cut ? no different to the IRA bombs etc. We were told to watch for packages. I was once guilty of bringing a station to a standstill.. as my son's nappy change rucksack had fallen off while I was trying to carry a baby.. pushchair and 3 bags on the underground. But it was a good 20mins before the bag being dropped and the cordon being called. I realised and luckily my bag wasn't blown up and the police saw the funny side x

"

We had all gotten a bit complacent... I reported an unatended suitcase in Notting Hill 2 days before the Carnival, and it took the Met over 40 min to respond with a local Bobby. ...

They weren't worried as it wasn't the current modus operandi of terrorists. .. They were more concerned about suicide bombers and vehicle attacks....... And I have to admit that I agreed with their assessment at the time. ...

over a year ago

"Another ones been arrested taking the total to 6...age range 18 to 48."

Another Welsh arrest taking the total too 7

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

[Removed by poster at 25/09/17 11:39:51]

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"Another ones been arrested taking the total to 6...age range 18 to 48.

"

Welsh terrorists! Who'd a thunk it?

over a year ago

"Sons of glendwr "
it's Glyndwr you heathen

Yup there's stuff going on all over the place...even in Wales which is part of the UK.

over a year ago

Welsh terrorists! Who'd a thunk it? "

I think it's all credit to our homeland security services that they been prepared to travel all that way too Wales to arrest the guy .....

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

I think it's all credit to our homeland security services that they been prepared to travel all that way too Wales to arrest the guy .....

"

I must admit I would need more of an incentive to go to Wales.

over a year ago

I must admit I would need more of an incentive to go to Wales."

I'm not going to crack the one about him being called Mustafa Leek

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"Sons of glendwr it's Glyndwr you heathen

Yup there's stuff going on all over the place...even in Wales which is part of the UK."

Justice for Capel Celyn! Down with the toll-gating English authority.

DEVOLUTION. DEVOLUTION!!

over a year ago

"

yeah and pay the Severn bridge toll! Leave it to Us we fucked the Romans and Saxons off well sort it in house thankyou

over a year ago

I must admit I would need more of an incentive to go to Wales."

you live in hull!!

By *rladytoyMan
over a year ago

plymouth

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Why do u have to mention Muslim immigrant there, he is simply a fucking terrorist end off..."

Muslim terrorist. Simple

over a year ago

"The sad thing generally is we are becoming desensitised to terrorism it's becoming a normality and most of us aren't shocked anymore thinking I wonder where's going to be next. I fear for future generations it's becoming a scary world yet police resources are still being cut ? "
was we not desensitised during the times of the IRA this is nothing new apart from the fact they use different methods. They will never change the way I live my life and I will never live in fear

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

I must admit I would need more of an incentive to go to Wales. you live in hull!!"

By choice, I grew up in Scunthorpe.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

I reckon leave the bastards in wales. With no parole. Serve the scum right

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"I reckon leave the bastards in wales. With no parole. Serve the scum right"

over a year ago

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Muslim terrorist. Simple"

Male terrorist. Simple

British terrorist. Simple

Lol

over a year ago

I think it’s all BS staged incident to divert our attention from the Rogingya crisis - I’m not being funny it looked like a bucket on fire that could have paint mixed with white spirit and someone dashed a cigarette into it! Seems more logical, not one burn mark anywhere I smell BS and those who don’t clearly don’t have a nose

By *aul1973HullMan
over a year ago

East Hull

"I reckon leave the bastards in wales. With no parole. Serve the scum right"

If we can't get them out, we'll breed them out.

By *rladytoyMan
over a year ago

plymouth

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Muslim terrorist. Simple

Male terrorist. Simple

Lol

"

Yes cos he have a raging problem with british males dont we ?

No, we dont, just muslims

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I think it’s all BS staged incident to divert our attention from the Rogingya crisis - I’m not being funny it looked like a bucket on fire that could have paint mixed with white spirit and someone dashed a cigarette into it! Seems more logical, not one burn mark anywhere I smell BS and those who don’t clearly don’t have a nose "

Have to say it did look a bit suspect. At least we know now Lidl bags are seemingly bomb proof

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Muslim terrorist. Simple

Male terrorist. Simple

Lol

No, we dont, just muslims "

All of them?

over a year ago

"I think it’s all BS staged incident to divert our attention from the Rogingya crisis - I’m not being funny it looked like a bucket on fire that could have paint mixed with white spirit and someone dashed a cigarette into it! Seems more logical, not one burn mark anywhere I smell BS and those who don’t clearly don’t have a nose "

There wasn't much attention on the Rogingya crisis in the first place. I only heard of it because my Muslim friend posted something on Facebook.

By *rladytoyMan
over a year ago

plymouth

"Don't tell me...

Am I close

Muslim terrorist. Simple

Male terrorist. Simple

Lol

No, we dont, just muslims

All of them? "

Just the extremists

Post new Message to Thread