Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dictionary Eaters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i love words though and not gonna stop doing this.

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

seeing as we're slagging them off though i love it when they use words inappropriately.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"seeing as we're slagging them off though i love it when they use words inappropriately. "

Nah that's me who does that

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language. "

Wot ya sayin' sis?

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"seeing as we're slagging them off though i love it when they use words inappropriately.

Nah that's me who does that "

dunno, not really seen anyone using big words but i don't frequent the politics forum or the scottish one any more.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language.

Wot ya sayin' sis? "

Feck all but read a few different posts from different posters (not singling anyone out) But they bored me to death

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good Grammar : The difference between knowing your shit - and knowing you're shit

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good Grammar : The difference between knowing your shit - and knowing you're shit "

You could have ended it with...I shit you not

Reply privately

By *r on the EdgeMan
over a year ago

accrington

"Good Grammar : The difference between knowing your shit - and knowing you're shit "

This

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i'm the shit.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I can't help being loquacious.

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Haters gonna hate. I love words. People are more than welcome to skip my posts as a result (and they invariably do). I am still going to love language.

Reply privately

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"seeing as we're slagging them off though i love it when they use words inappropriately. "

When in Rome

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't help being loquacious. "

Seconded I would prefer chatty

Reply privately

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm a bit disappointed. .. I thought this might be about interesting words

Nita

Reply privately

By *uteness69Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language.

Wot ya sayin' sis?

Feck all but read a few different posts from different posters (not singling anyone out) But they bored me to death "

Your i.q. is lower then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language. "

Circumlocution?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't help being loquacious.

Seconded I would prefer chatty "

Fecking auto carrot has got it in for me ...Sholden have read..see if would prefer chatty

Reply privately

over a year ago

I bought a thesaurus from a book shop today but stupidly i left it at the till......im lost for words

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wot ya sayin' sis?

Feck all but read a few different posts from different posters (not singling anyone out) But they bored me to death

Your i.q. is lower then?

"

Not a chance...just far from pretentious

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Wot ya sayin' sis?

Your i.q. is lower then?

Not a chance...just far from pretentious "

You need to be more Pacific about what you mean.

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Seriously though, I was educated to a good standard and spent 10 years at boarding school. That doesn't necessarily mean that I have to overcomplicate matters by typing things in a way that would make people's eye's bleed when they're trying to read it

I post my inane drivel on here in simplistic terms generally, it caters for the masses

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"Seriously though, I was educated to a good standard and spent 10 years at boarding school. That doesn't necessarily mean that I have to overcomplicate matters by typing things in a way that would make people's eye's bleed when they're trying to read it

I post my inane drivel on here in simplistic terms generally, it caters for the masses "

Reply privately

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

I've got a humongous dislike of big words

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Seriously though, I was educated to a good standard and spent 10 years at boarding school. That doesn't necessarily mean that I have to overcomplicate matters by typing things in a way that would make people's eye's bleed when they're trying to read it

I post my inane drivel on here in simplistic terms generally, it caters for the masses "

And I agree with you bro

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

So what you is sayin iz you dumb it down for us thickos?

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

sometimes i do wish that people had wider vocabularies or at least used the ones they already have.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I bought a thesaurus from a book shop today but stupidly i left it at the till......im lost for words "

I was in W.H.Smiths today, I looked at a book on adhesives, I couldn't put it down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inverted snobbery on here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I bought a thesaurus from a book shop today but stupidly i left it at the till......im lost for words

I was in W.H.Smiths today, I looked at a book on adhesives, I couldn't put it down. "

You mean glue

Reply privately

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"I bought a thesaurus from a book shop today but stupidly i left it at the till......im lost for words

I was in W.H.Smiths today, I looked at a book on adhesives, I couldn't put it down.

You mean glue "

Nah that's tacky

Reply privately

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I went to a comprehensive and just read a lot of books. If I didn't know a word, I would look it up. I still post inane drivel, mine just happens to come out in a stream of consciousness style that involves using words as they come to me. I assume that very few people on fab read the fora, read my posts or would even care if they did so I don't take the time to retype or reword what I say to cater for anyone else. I wouldn't be representing me then. Plus I don't assume the so-called masses won't understand my meaning; it's not as if I am especially intelligent, just someone who soaks up words.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I post my inane drivel on here in simplistic terms generally, it caters for the masses

I went to a comprehensive and just read a lot of books. If I didn't know a word, I would look it up. I still post inane drivel, mine just happens to come out in a stream of consciousness style that involves using words as they come to me. I assume that very few people on fab read the fora, read my posts or would even care if they did so I don't take the time to retype or reword what I say to cater for anyone else. I wouldn't be representing me then. Plus I don't assume the so-called masses won't understand my meaning; it's not as if I am especially intelligent, just someone who soaks up words."

I get that...it's when it comes across that some search their mind for the most obscure words to string a sentence. ..I just think God help us...as it's more of look of my words I'm soo intelligent

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wot ya sayin' sis?

Feck all but read a few different posts from different posters (not singling anyone out) But they bored me to death "

The look at me, look at me posters you mean?

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i wish i could have that as my user name. can't stop thinking about this since i posted it above.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find people that have an extended vocabulary and are clever with words fascinating. I like reading posts by those that use words that I have to look up. Keep posting wonderful wordsmiths

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I went to a comprehensive and just read a lot of books. If I didn't know a word, I would look it up. I still post inane drivel, mine just happens to come out in a stream of consciousness style that involves using words as they come to me. I assume that very few people on fab read the fora, read my posts or would even care if they did so I don't take the time to retype or reword what I say to cater for anyone else. I wouldn't be representing me then. Plus I don't assume the so-called masses won't understand my meaning; it's not as if I am especially intelligent, just someone who soaks up words."

If I read a word that I don't fully understand the meaning of, I have a couple of dictionaries to hand. It has its plus and negative points though. On the plus side, you can find words that you have never even heard of before, on the minus side, you can forget what the hell you were trying to look up in the first place

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"are you reading the dictionary?'

"Oh! You caught me,I like to break a mental sweat too"

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I respect people who put great efforts into attempting good clarity. But trying to wow doesn't do that. I certainly admire the communication strengths that some have ! There are some very talented people here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wot ya sayin' sis?

The look at me, look at me posters you mean? "

What are you trying to say doc...even though you left it with a question mark

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I find people that have an extended vocabulary and are clever with words fascinating. I like reading posts by those that use words that I have to look up. Keep posting wonderful wordsmiths "

Don't dumb it down 'cause some struggle to understand or think you're pretentious. I enjoy it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find people that have an extended vocabulary and are clever with words fascinating. I like reading posts by those that use words that I have to look up. Keep posting wonderful wordsmiths

Don't dumb it down 'cause some struggle to understand or think you're pretentious. I enjoy it. "

Oh I understand it...but don't think it's necessary and yes I do feel it's pretentious posting.

Just my opinion though.

Reply privately

By *ancastermanMan
over a year ago

carnforth

I read a lot, I write sometimes. So my vocabulary may be slightly different to some.

If I use a 'big' word it's not being pretentious or showing off, it's because that is the word that comes to mind.

Also using simple vocabulary doesn't necessarily give clarity. The simple word may be approximate and ambiguous where the big word is precise.

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I find people that have an extended vocabulary and are clever with words fascinating. I like reading posts by those that use words that I have to look up. Keep posting wonderful wordsmiths

Don't dumb it down 'cause some struggle to understand or think you're pretentious. I enjoy it.

Oh I understand it...but don't think it's necessary and yes I do feel it's pretentious posting.

Just my opinion though."

It's necessary to the extent that that's how the poster feels comfortable posting. I enjoy reading the variety of posting styles. Meh. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just my opinion though."

Can we juxtapose a little? We berate criticism of bad spelling by the grammar police, so why would we berate the full use of the English language.

Yes I understand your point about needlessly trying to impress, but reverse snobbery (not aimed at you op) is far more evident in the forums than the superior stance you refer to I believe?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just my opinion though.

It's necessary to the extent that that's how the poster feels comfortable posting. I enjoy reading the variety of posting styles. Meh. Different strokes for different folks and all that. "

On that we will have to agree to disagree to some extent

But yes if I see the need for it..as in the post above yourself being a prime example of using the "big" words..it comes across fluent and concise to which I fully agree with.

But as someone has said ..not the look at me posters for me. Meh

Reply privately

over a year ago

I sometimes can't find the words to describe something, but know one word that does. My brain is defying me at the moment, so, if you do see me using a snotty word, it's because I can't think of the harder way to say what I mean.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I sometimes can't find the words to describe something, but know one word that does. My brain is defying me at the moment, so, if you do see me using a snotty word, it's because I can't think of the harder way to say what I mean."

You keep it real

Reply privately

over a year ago

Btrr thn txt spk..

The English language is fascinating. Don't knock people who know how to use it..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love to learn new words

Reply privately

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

[Removed by poster at 14/09/17 22:04:55]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love to learn new words "

Knowing the meaning of words I agree is good

But reading a sentence of one that is clearly put together just to show off the posters command of English I find tiresome

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haters gonna hate. I love words. People are more than welcome to skip my posts as a result (and they invariably do). I am still going to love language."

Reply privately

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Being conscious of your audience would generally mean I adjust my use of words accordingly, although I wouldn't suggest that people purposely use words to look smart, sometimes just dumbing it down a little is more socially acceptable

I do like to understand new words when I hear them, although occasionally I do hear words used that once I understand them realise that the user probably didn't understand it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good Grammar : The difference between knowing your shit - and knowing you're shit

"

"Haters gonna hate. I love words. People are more than welcome to skip my posts as a result (and they invariably do). I am still going to love language.

"

Your command of it is great...two thumbs

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of the circumlocutory posts can be tiresome, I agree.

Reply privately

By *icky-discoMan
over a year ago

oxford

"I sometimes can't find the words to describe something, but know one word that does. My brain is defying me at the moment, so, if you do see me using a snotty word, it's because I can't think of the harder way to say what I mean."

Saying the first thing that pops into your head bit like Tourette's lol

Reply privately

By *edLionScotMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I've got a humongous dislike of big words "

I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating!

Reply privately

By *edLionScotMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

OP, you're not a sapiophile clearly.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I think it's sad that you feel fit to moan about people using the English language.

I know schools where immigrants have been in this country for 3/4 years have a better understanding of English than some of our own children who were born and bred here.

It's shocking and getting worse, I've no problem with you disliking it but ffs why not scroll past rather than start a thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's sad that you feel fit to moan about people using the English language.

I know schools where immigrants have been in this country for 3/4 years have a better understanding of English than some of our own children who were born and bred here.

It's shocking and getting worse, I've no problem with you disliking it but ffs why not scroll past rather than start a thread"

Oh sorry next time I feel fit to start a thread I'll run it passed you for the ok eh

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's shocking and getting worse, I've no problem with you disliking it but ffs why not scroll past rather than start a thread

Oh sorry next time I feel fit to start a thread I'll run it passed you for the ok eh "

Think the aim of a forum is to enable others to contribute their thoughts.

If I'm honest I find your types of posts more boring than the ones you're criticising

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Surely only professional people use long-winded methods of getting a simple point across.

Extrapolation is my word of the day

Reply privately

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

I wrote a poem in response, it used mellifluous, spurious and extraneous.

The irony was too much to allow me to post it.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Oh sorry next time I feel fit to start a thread I'll run it passed you for the ok eh

If I'm honest I find your types of posts more boring than the ones you're criticising "

If I'm honest I find your types of posts more boring than the ones you're criticising "

That's all good with me, do you think I'm bothered in the slightest what you think about my type of posts ?

feel free to carry on slagging off people who care about correct English and work hard at school and uni to better themselves.

I'm not one of them and my English isn't great but I'll defend there right to use our language right rather than resort to txt speak and gangsta talk yet they live in Norfolk

Pretty sad when someone gets attacked for being intelligent

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've sometimes been accused of being too formal or even too posh when I write.

Why should I change to fit in? Why should I patronise other people by assuming they won't understand the way I speak or write?

My only concession is the use of forums instead of fora.

Reply privately

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"Surely only professional people use long-winded methods of getting a simple point across.

Extrapolation is my word of the day "

Would you care to expand on that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wrote a poem in response, it used mellifluous, spurious and extraneous.

The irony was too much to allow me to post it. "

Can you get garrulousness in there too?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I'm honest I find your types of posts more boring than the ones you're criticising

You know the ones.do you fall asleep reading their posts...or just skip past it, when you know they are posting in what they feel is a superior mode...saying look at my use of the English language.

That's all good with me, do you think I'm bothered in the slightest what you think about my type of posts ?

feel free to carry on slagging off people who care about correct English and work hard at school and uni to better themselves.

I'm not one of them and my English isn't great but I'll defend there right to use our language right rather than resort to txt speak and gangsta talk yet they live in Norfolk

"

So that's a little awkward.

You might wanna read back and take a look at the bit where I was agreeing with you.

Or alternatively just dive right in with the wrong end of the stick

Reply privately

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

It's shocking and getting worse, I've no problem with you disliking it but ffs why not scroll past rather than start a thread"

Yeah! You is the man, _layfullsam....you tell that 'smoggie' OP ow it is! He will neva bovver us agin!

Reply privately

over a year ago

PS *their*

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Think the aim of a forum is to enable to contribute their thoughts.

"Think the aim of a forum is to enable to contribute their thoughts"

But I can't contribute mine ?

Priceless

;-)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've sometimes been accused of being too formal or even too posh when I write.

Why should I change to fit in? Why should I patronise other people by assuming they won't understand the way I speak or write?

My only concession is the use of forums instead of fora."

Tbh I have never seen any of your posts to be supercilious...there you go I'll be accused of it now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nah - not following the debate is priceless

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

You might wanna read back and take a look at the bit where I was agreeing with you.

Or alternatively just dive right in with the wrong end of the stick "

Oops sorry, happy to apologise

Reply privately

over a year ago

No worries - I still agree with your first point

Reply privately

over a year ago

Or alternatively just dive right in with the wrong end of the stick

Oops sorry, happy to apologise "

Just been and changed my pants

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"PS *their* "

I'm defending the right for people to use correct English, unfortunately I was a naughty boy and skipped school but I try.

Never claim to be the grammar police because I know I'm nowhere near that level

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

Dis railing but I think that's the most you've said in one go on a thread I like it, shows you.

People's intelligence is determined by the words they use.

Personally I'm dyslexia so I don't use words that I know and understand the meaning because I can't spell them and can't be arsed to have someone tell me I've spelt it wrong.

However to tell me it's wrong they must have understood the post in the first place.

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Surely only professional people use long-winded methods of getting a simple point across.

Would you care to expand on that? "

Yes I can actually, so there!

Interpolation may be defined as an estimation between the given data or observations. On the other hand, extrapolation is a process in which the value is estimated beyond the specific range of given variable. It provides the estimate of the observation below or above the given values.

Whatever any of that shit means is way over my head

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would you care to expand on that?

Yes I can actually, so there!

Interpolation may be defined as an estimation between the given data or observations. On the other hand, extrapolation is a process in which the value is estimated beyond the specific range of given variable. It provides the estimate of the observation below or above the given values.

Whatever any of that shit means is way over my head "

All that private education....then Google arrives

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not interpolation. Just a preference

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

It's lovely to have command of the English language.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A thesaurus tastes much more meaty.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A thesaurus tastes much more meaty."

Crap dinosaur though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A thesaurus tastes much more meaty.

Crap dinosaur though."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have to say we all see things differently, but sneering at people for showing a bit of intelligence is a bit of a cheap shot - unless they're deliberately demeaning to others. Mark.

Reply privately

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I find this thread extremely patronising.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find this thread extremely patronising."

I found this thread on page three.

Reply privately

By *ornyuniladMan
over a year ago

Richmond, North Yorkshire

I don't see the issue. Just because some people here use correct English language and grammar does not mean they are "showing off" or trying to make others feel inferior. Surely those with less vocabulary or English writing skills should learn from the critical among us?

Just a thought.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm glad we're all a little different and keeping that difference within writing styles does help the forum. I'm not up for pretentiousness generally and it's the same here.

I'm often amazed at how eloquently someone has expressed themselves here, where I'd have struggled to get much across. I'm not particularly concise either. I guess we have enough posts that we can skip those that lose us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A thesaurus tastes much more meaty.

Crap dinosaur though."

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

This is all very interpluminatary

Reply privately

By *icker2010Man
over a year ago

cambs/london/Norfolk

Reply privately

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Fab is a dicksionary

Somewhere you can look up dicks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't you think that is boring though? Using language at it's bare minimum to get from point A to point B.

I'd much rather see people aspire to use language creatively.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i love words though and not gonna stop doing this. "

Exactly, I'm a spelling and grammar nazi but I do refrain on this forum

Reply privately

By *rjimMan
over a year ago

nr bristol

"I sometimes can't find the words to describe something, but know one word that does. My brain is defying me at the moment, so, if you do see me using a snotty word, it's because I can't think of the harder way to say what I mean.

Saying the first thing that pops into your head bit like Tourette's lol "

Tourettes is a physical tic, the swearing side of it is called coprolalia.

only 10% of TS also have coprolalia

From the greek copro = shit, lalia = tongue.

Hence 'shitty mouth'.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I couldn't give a shite if my verbosity, of varying flavors of the meaning appear to contain wordiness, verbiage, prolixity, grandiloquence, garrulousness, expatiation, logorrhea, and sesquipedalianism.

I reserve the right to inject Corresponding adjectival forms which might be considered wordy, verbose, prolix, grandiloquent, garrulous, and logorrheic or indeed slang terms such as verbal diarrhea.....

Hey it confuses people from Teesside ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I couldn't give a shite if my verbosity, of varying flavors of the meaning appear to contain wordiness, verbiage, prolixity, grandiloquence, garrulousness, expatiation, logorrhea, and sesquipedalianism.

I reserve the right to inject Corresponding adjectival forms which might be considered wordy, verbose, prolix, grandiloquent, garrulous, and logorrheic or indeed slang terms such as verbal diarrhea.....

"

You took your time to get here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I couldn't give a shite if my verbosity, of varying flavors of the meaning appear to contain wordiness, verbiage, prolixity, grandiloquence, garrulousness, expatiation, logorrhea, and sesquipedalianism.

You took your time to get here "

Never even noticed it was your thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

Never even noticed it was your thread "

Aha. ..eyesight is going too.

That will be too much time spent reading dictionaries

Reply privately

over a year ago

That will be too much time spent reading dictionaries "

I stopped reading those when I received my English doctorate..... I was about 8 year old at the time ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

That will be too much time spent reading dictionaries

I stopped reading those when I received my English doctorate..... I was about 8 year old at the time .... "

Off out now....I'll get back to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

There called ego junkies.

Or as everyone is starting to call them

THE CARDIGAN CREW

There natural habitat is living in the forums.There favourite food is obtained when they lick there own asses.

We all see them and there easy to spot.There the ones that destroy every normal conversation with there over the top abnormal self ego boosting input to the conversation.

Ask if they like baked beans and they reply:Yes I'm rather partial to the tomato flavoured oval snack that comes in a metal based cylindrical storage container.

What you need to ask is-Do they speak like obnoxious idiots in real life.Noooooo they don't or they would get the stupid ways slapped out of them.

They do it because they live in the forums and have built themselves a huge ego bubble here.It completes there life to belittle others and boost there own huge ego.

Don't hate them as there deluded and sad.Feel sorry for the cardigan crew x

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Interesting thread. This is precisely why Stephen Fry left and Oscar Wilde wouldn't even join ......

Still ...... we've got uvver people we 'ave.

Reply privately

over a year ago

THE CARDIGAN CREW

There natural habitat is living in the forums.There favourite food is obtained when they lick there own asses.

We all see them and there easy to spot.There the ones that destroy every normal conversation with there over the top abnormal self ego boosting input to the conversation.

Ask if they like baked beans and they reply:Yes I'm rather partial to the tomato flavoured oval snack that comes in a metal based cylindrical storage container.

What you need to ask is-Do they speak like obnoxious idiots in real life.Noooooo they don't or they would get the stupid ways slapped out of them.

They do it because they live in the forums and have built themselves a huge ego bubble here.It completes there life to belittle others and boost there own huge ego.

"

Blimey! Lol!

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"OP, you're not a sapiophile clearly.

"

Now how would you know if the poster is attracted to intelligence?

Reply privately

over a year ago

THE CARDIGAN CREW

Blimey! Lol! "

What you mean blimey? It's the post of the thread ....my phone needs drying

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP, you're not a sapiophile clearly.

Now how would you know if the poster is attracted to intelligence? "

I'll Google it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Interesting thread. This is precisely why Stephen Fry left and Oscar Wilde wouldn't even join ......

Still ...... we've got uvver people we 'ave. "

I thought you'd like it granny

Reply privately

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

THE CARDIGAN CREW

Blimey! Lol!

What you mean blimey? It's the post of the thread ....my phone needs drying "

I'll get my cardigan.... I mean coat

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I sometimes can't find the words to describe something, but know one word that does. My brain is defying me at the moment, so, if you do see me using a snotty word, it's because I can't think of the harder way to say what I mean.

Saying the first thing that pops into your head bit like Tourette's lol "

That's how my brain works. I can have a word in my head, know what it refers to, but can't describe it in layman's terms. It's really annoying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I fucking love a cardi

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I fucking love a cardi "

Not on a man with the top button fastened though eh

Reply privately

over a year ago

Saying the first thing that pops into your head bit like Tourette's lol

That's how my brain works. I can have a word in my head, know what it refers to, but can't describe it in layman's terms. It's really annoying."

Oojimaflip!

Reply privately

over a year ago

THE CARDIGAN CREW

Blimey! Lol!

What you mean blimey? It's the post of the thread ....my phone needs drying

I'll get my cardigan.... I mean coat "

That was just quite a statement - made me laugh out loud! (Even if I am one of those who can be guilty of trying to make sure I write stuff properly!). Mark. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

THE CARDIGAN CREW

Blimey! Lol!

What you mean blimey? It's the post of the thread ....my phone needs drying "

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

How can the original poster criticise those who are educated, and use language appropriately?

What is wrong with doing things properly?

Would you employ a workman who could not use his tools properly?

Would you go to a restaurant, where the chef could not cook properly?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How can the original poster criticise those who are educated, and use language appropriately?

Would you go to a restaurant, where the chef could not cook properly?"

Aw piss off...your taking the piss arnt you comparing a forumite to a tradesman

Reply privately

over a year ago

THE CARDIGAN CREW

"

I speak in a similarly obnoxious way to what I write and haven't had it slapped out of me

Your post was ironically long.

Reply privately

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"How can the original poster criticise those who are educated, and use language appropriately?

Would you go to a restaurant, where the chef could not cook properly?"

Would you join a site where the are no women, no fkin, no nothin.

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Aw piss off...your taking the piss arnt you comparing a forumite to a tradesman "

So you are unable to see the beauty in language? In well written prose?

Your serious contention is to rubbish all the brilliant writers both past and present as "taking the piss"; or as "being cardigan wearers".

You are simply demonstrating your ignorance and inferiority, if that is truly the case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Aw piss off...your taking the piss arnt you comparing a forumite to a tradesman

So you are unable to see the beauty in language? In well written prose?

Your serious contention is to rubbish all the brilliant writers both past and present as "taking the piss"; or as "being cardigan wearers".

You are simply demonstrating your ignorance and inferiority, if that is truly the case."

It's good we have a green arrow to see the antagonist little swines on here eh

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hip hop is how the real wordsmiths get their point across

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

It's poor that you have no answer to my points that have exposed your ignorance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's poor that you have no answer to my points that have exposed your ignorance."

I'm sorry but from one wordsmiths mouth I heard the word my little Chiquitita.

I think that sums you up

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

You resort posting nonsense when you know that you now look foolish.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You resort posting nonsense when you know that you now look foolish."

Me looking foolish

I kinda thick you have owned that position for a while now

Reply privately

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Hardly. You just rubbished the correct use of the English language. I called you out on it, and you had no answer, except for insults.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hardly. You just rubbished the correct use of the English language. I called you out on it, and you had no answer, except for insults."

Well do say dear chap what you would like to know?

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

Gotta blame it on something

Blame it on the rain (rain)

Blame it on the stars (stars)

Whatever you do don't put the blame on you

Blame it on the rain yeah yeah

You can blame it on the rain

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 00:28:25]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Gotta blame it on something

Blame it on the rain (rain)

Blame it on the stars (stars)

Whatever you do don't put the blame on you

Blame it on the rain yeah yeah

You can blame it on the rain"

Bugger off you with your cap lyrics

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't blame it on the suns_ine

Don't blame it on the boogy

Don't blame it on the good times

Blame it on the cardigan wearing,Dictionary eating,Ego junky,Boring fun vacuum Wombles x

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is defiantly not true!

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

no. i love that song btw, was listening to it as i was watching this kerfuffle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is defiantly not true!"

It's all a big lie don't you believe anything you read here

...including this

Reply privately

over a year ago

"no. i love that song btw, was listening to it as i was watching this kerfuffle."

It hard to have a good debate with a bloke who you look at and keep thinking.

Is he due a nappy change

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"no. i love that song btw, was listening to it as i was watching this kerfuffle.

Is he due a nappy change "

i'm nut up for a kerfuffle.

we've got some right weird words though.^^

Reply privately

over a year ago

"no. i love that song btw, was listening to it as i was watching this kerfuffle.

Is he due a nappy change

we've got some right weird words though.^^"

And most of them off soxys post

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

Is he due a nappy change

And most of them off soxys post "

i'll be googling most of that first paragraph tomorrow.

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

I kind off like articulate people, having to focus to overcome dyslexia kind of does something for me.

Slobbery doesn't.

Reply privately

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Of even.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is he due a nappy change

i'll be googling most of that first paragraph tomorrow."

Well off to bed now...wander what tomorrow brings night night

Reply privately

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

Is he due a nappy change

i'll be googling most of that first paragraph tomorrow.

Well off to bed now...wander what tomorrow brings night night "

probably the same old shit that happens every day.

night.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don't blame it on the suns_ine

Don't blame it on the boogy

Don't blame it on the good times

Blame it on the cardigan wearing,Dictionary eating,Ego junky,Boring fun vacuum Wombles x "

Totally agree...but leave the cardies out of it....I've got one on to keep warm

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love full use of the English language. I would never assume I was able to judge the intent of another poster just because I didn't like their use of words, whether they use long or short words. That seems a little judgemental and egotistical to think I knew what another's intent was without even asking them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love full use of the English language. I would never assume I was able to judge the intent of another poster just because I didn't like their use of words, whether they use long or short words. That seems a little judgemental and egotistical to think I knew what another's intent was without even asking them. "

Deep for a post approaching 2am. I hope that you don't expect an educated response.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love full use of the English language. I would never assume I was able to judge the intent of another poster just because I didn't like their use of words, whether they use long or short words. That seems a little judgemental and egotistical to think I knew what another's intent was without even asking them.

Deep for a post approaching 2am. I hope that you don't expect an educated response."

Your response appears to be an educated response.

Reply privately

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

I know some big words, and use them when applicable, my problem is how to pronounce them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love full use of the English language. I would never assume I was able to judge the intent of another poster just because I didn't like their use of words, whether they use long or short words. That seems a little judgemental and egotistical to think I knew what another's intent was without even asking them.

Deep for a post approaching 2am. I hope that you don't expect an educated response.

Your response appears to be an educated response. "

A response nonetheless educated is deserving of your original opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We use dictionaries all the time which can lead to some interesting chats with the wife. Her newest word is procrastinate. Apparently I'm guilty of it. Just because I didn't cut the grass today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We use dictionaries all the time which can lead to some interesting chats with the wife. Her newest word is procrastinate. Apparently I'm guilty of it. Just because I didn't cut the grass today."

Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love to learn new words

Knowing the meaning of words I agree is good

But reading a sentence of one that is clearly put together just to show off the posters command of English I find tiresome "

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I know some big words, and use them when applicable, my problem is how to pronounce them "

A Texan drawl always sounds good Bill

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know some big words, and use them when applicable, my problem is how to pronounce them

A Texan drawl always sounds good Bill "

Lived in Texas for two years. Believe me when I say it is a very difficult drawl to understand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love full use of the English language. I would never assume I was able to judge the intent of another poster just because I didn't like their use of words, whether they use long or short words. That seems a little judgemental and egotistical to think I knew what another's intent was without even asking them. "

Ah there you go...your thoughts some up that you are judgemental by saying my thoughts when posting this OP to be judgemental and egotistical...when in fact the op was a little of a social experiment on my part to see the responses from varied posters on this subject.

And to be honest I am enjoying quite a few

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Copied and pasted? You spelt flavours the American way

Reply privately

over a year ago

Copied and pasted? You spelt flavours the American way "

Are you accusing me of plagiarism ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Copied and pasted? You spelt flavours the American way "

Well done for spotting that and not falling asleep reading it

Reply privately

over a year ago

The English language is a wonderful thing, why shouldn't we use is to it's fullest capacity?

Reply privately

over a year ago

At times I know my sh.. and at times I don't know my sh ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The English language is a wonderful thing, why shouldn't we use is to it's fullest capacity? "

Bravo!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah there you go...your thoughts some up that you are judgemental by saying my thoughts when posting this OP to be judgemental and egotistical...when in fact the op was a little of a social experiment on my part to see the responses from varied posters on this subject.

And to be honest I am enjoying quite a few "

I said 'seems', that's why words are important.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I said 'seems', that's why words are important. "

Oh I agree words are important to a forum and as in this case a simple little wording was misread.

Now you will no doubt understand that in most cases we can be fluent enough in a simple few words that you used here to get your point across.

Rather then doing it in pretentious posts that some do on here.

I hope you understand that this is just my opinion on a open forum

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh I agree words are important to a forum and as in this case a simple little wording was misread.

Now you will no doubt understand that in most cases we can be fluent enough in a simple few words that you used here to get your point across.

I hope you understand that this is just my opinion on a open forum "

I still disagree that posts that are long or use long words are intentionally pretentious by default, which is implied here. I find that attitude to be dangerously bordering judgemental. And, if given the choice, I'd prefer someone to be a slice away from pretentious than judgemental. Just my preference

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 12:47:12]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you understand that this is just my opinion on a open forum

I still disagree that posts that are long or use long words are intentionally pretentious by default, which is implied here. I find that attitude to be dangerously bordering judgemental. And, if given the choice, I'd prefer someone to be a slice away from pretentious than judgemental. Just my preference "

Maybe but we all judge to some degree in life by just having a opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 12:47:12]"

I think if people feel intimidated by the verbiage used by other members fail to recognise what is whimsical banter or a product of an education that provided that poster with a level of articulacy they feel comfortable using ..

Basically what I'm saying ids if you don't like it that's your problem

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 12:47:12]

I think if people feel intimidated by the verbiage used by other members fail to recognise what is whimsical banter or a product of an education that provided that poster with a level of articulacy they feel comfortable using ..

Basically what I'm saying ids if you don't like it that's your problem "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah but there we disagree on the level of education...as another poster has pointed out...it is not how you have been educated in most cases it is the way people live their lives on forums

Reply privately

over a year ago

Words rule

Reply privately

over a year ago

Buggered that one up.

Ah but there we disagree on the level of education...as another poster has pointed out...it is not how you have been educated in most cases it is the way people live their lives on forums

Reply privately

over a year ago

So you're dismissing the influence of education and branding us as exuding double standards of how we communicate outsides our existence beyond Fab,,,,

That's pretty lame

Reply privately

over a year ago

Words rule

I disagree as I have a very good mate who never speaks in a pretentious manner at all in real life.

But he uses a forum (not this one) and every now and then when I visit him and he is in the middle of a exchange of words on the said forum.

I just say wow mate this is not you!

His response is its just forums mate...so I tend to think are these what I call pretentious posters really like this in real life....or just become keyboard warriors.

Reply privately

over a year ago

See post above soxy ^^

Reply privately

over a year ago

Suck my plumbs.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's all subjective! Opinion is subjective.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You wish

Reply privately