Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Catfish

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I can't believe what's actually happened today

A few week ago I was chatting to someone on here whilst i was in London for the weekend and it looked like there was a meet on the cards so I exchanged my number.. unfortunately nothing materialised and off I headed back home!

Today I get a message on Facebook off this woman demanding money or she'd expose me all over Facebook!

Like almost everyone I try to keep my personal life and fab life away separate and don't think that for one minute someone would try and catfish me considering they was verified!

Be careful people there are some very weird and twisted people out there

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wow report to the police... that's scary

over a year ago

Tell them you are going to the police. Demanding money by menaces is a prisonable offence.

over a year ago

Report the profile.

By *exymidscouple2017Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I can't believe what's actually happened today

A few week ago I was chatting to someone on here whilst i was in London for the weekend and it looked like there was a meet on the cards so I exchanged my number.. unfortunately nothing materialised and off I headed back home!

Today I get a message on Facebook off this woman demanding money or she'd expose me all over Facebook!

Like almost everyone I try to keep my personal life and fab life away separate and don't think that for one minute someone would try and catfish me considering they was verified!

Be careful people there are some very weird and twisted people out there "

This is EXACTLY why we never show our faces or give out phone numbers. You never know what they are capable of, especially if you piss them off.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

That's not a catfish, that's black-mail. Report to admin, and keep records of all conversations in case you have to take it further.

And this is why my Facebook is not linked to my mobile number.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I tried looking for the profile earlier but it had been removed, she phoned me via the messenger app and I said that I was going to report her! I've had to temp remove my Facebook and block her on messenger, luckily so far I've not had any messages off any off my mates to ask what I get up to in my spare time... so fingers crossed ive nipped it in the bud!!!

over a year ago

Report her message on Facebook too.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Did you exchange numbers ?

Only I have noticed I get a lot of 'people I might know' on fb when I've exchanged numbers with them

over a year ago

Omg didnt realise FACEBOOK ciuld link my mobi to here

over a year ago

If you have your Facebook linked to your mobile nr, you give out your nr, then people can find you..

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"If you have your Facebook linked to your mobile nr, you give out your nr, then people can find you..

"

i can find people on fb without that link anyway. make your fb inconspicuous or use bullshit on fuck sites, i won't be able to find anyone then.

over a year ago

Reverse picture search is another one.

over a year ago

"If you have your Facebook linked to your mobile nr, you give out your nr, then people can find you..

"

Yes. Applies to WhatsApp too of course.

Post new Message to Thread