Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Maybe it's my age....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But what is the deal with snapchat?!?

I mean I know what it is the kids use it for he filters right?

Am I missing a trick here?

MrsK

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its just another social media thing, a way for people to talk really. The filters are kinda novelty I guess and mainly for the thots lol

over a year ago

"Its just another social media thing, a way for people to talk really. The filters are kinda novelty I guess and mainly for the thots lol"

Hmm I have it and messed around with the filters but as far as chatting on it...no not sure feel like it's for wank bank pics?

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

I use it to send daft videos to my colleague (we only use it for each other and mainly to bitch about work) and my brother happened to mention he hates the filters, so I take a snap and WhatsApp him a picture every day (he lives abroad). I'm a brilliant big sister. Irritating, but brilliant

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Its just another social media thing, a way for people to talk really. The filters are kinda novelty I guess and mainly for the thots lol

Hmm I have it and messed around with the filters but as far as chatting on it...no not sure feel like it's for wank bank pics?"

The snaps dissappear after 10 seconds max so they better wank fast!

over a year ago

Nah, not your age... I don't get it either, if I want to share pics and video with friends then there's Facebook for that

Snapchat is superfluous imo

over a year ago

"Its just another social media thing, a way for people to talk really. The filters are kinda novelty I guess and mainly for the thots lol

Hmm I have it and messed around with the filters but as far as chatting on it...no not sure feel like it's for wank bank pics?"

Most people use it with friends and family so no wank bank pics there

But yeah you can send pics and they auto delete so works for wank banks if you want

over a year ago

It was originally designed for sending nudes .

It's a pretty good way of showing people what you're up to. Rather than in text you do it via pics. They're instant unlike instagram. Plus a new feature on it allows you to see where in the world people are. If you zoom out then a map shows up. You can make yourself invisible though.

Be warned. If sending nudes they can be screenshotted and even saved without your knowledge. Usually if a pic is screenshotted then a little indicator comes up.

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

Hmm I have it and messed around with the filters but as far as chatting on it...no not sure feel like it's for wank bank pics? Most people use it with friends and family so no wank bank pics there

But yeah you can send pics and they auto delete so works for wank banks if you want "

You can still screen shot pics

over a year ago

We chat on video with family are away on holiday .. love that only last night I was chatting to them in Las Vegas at the Venetian being sang too on the river was like I was there. lol

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"But what is the deal with snapchat?!?

I mean I know what it is the kids use it for he filters right?

Am I missing a trick here?

MrsK"

Haha I've tried to use it and can't be doing with it

Occasionally prat around with the kids doing silly Snapchat filter pics but on the whole it's a big yawn for me

over a year ago

Yeah you can screenshot, but it alerts the sender that you have done so

over a year ago

Whatsapp always!

over a year ago

"Whatsapp always!"
yes that's good ..

over a year ago

"Yeah you can screenshot, but it alerts the sender that you have done so "

You can get around it

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Whatsapp always!"

Yes always WhatsApp and I never use kik either now as too easy for fakes to use

By *icegentglosMan
over a year ago

Gloucester

Snapchat a hubby when your with his lady seems to be a thing here. Suppose it's the fact the pic then disappears after a few seconds

over a year ago

And also what intentions you have for using it for personal or pleasure me

over a year ago

Hmm I have it and messed around with the filters but as far as chatting on it...no not sure feel like it's for wank bank pics?

The snaps dissappear after 10 seconds max so they better wank fast!"

Unless of course you screen shot...hmm there will be people out there with an extensive library

over a year ago

"Whatsapp always!

Yes always WhatsApp and I never use kik either now as too easy for fakes to use "

I have both Kik and WhatsApp I tend to use Kik first to see if I want to give my number out...

Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way!

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Whatsapp always!

I have both Kik and WhatsApp I tend to use Kik first to see if I want to give my number out...

Maybe I'm doing it the wrong way! "

TBH I used to use kik all the time not wanting to give my number out but WhatsApp is def better because 9/10 people have a profile pic on there and if they don't you have to ask yourself why ?

I don't move to WhatsApp unless sure I want to meet them and also get them to take a pic holding some random object too

over a year ago

"Whatsapp always!

TBH I used to use kik all the time not wanting to give my number out but WhatsApp is def better because 9/10 people have a profile pic on there and if they don't you have to ask yourself why ?

I don't move to WhatsApp unless sure I want to meet them and also get them to take a pic holding some random object too "

trust issues ..

over a year ago

It's used for sending short video clips instead of messaging by text.

over a year ago

Snapchat is just a way for man and women to message without their other half finding out as the pic doesn't save(unless you want it to) and it disappears between 3-10 secs

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

I had it and then deleted it a few days later. Whatsapp and texts are enough, if I didn't want people to have my number then they're not people I want to contact me, so no need for snapchat or kik.

over a year ago

your right whatsapp is the way forward

I have snapchat but barley use it

over a year ago

I am always a bit suspicious of kik users lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/09/17 06:32:54]

By *herbert fountainWoman
over a year ago

Hanley

"I am always a bit suspicious of kik users lol"

I'm in a kik group that has been going for over two years. There have been friendships made, meets and even a couple of relationships started. Like any other social media interface, kik is just a tool. Just depends how people use it.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"Whatsapp always!

I don't move to WhatsApp unless sure I want to meet them and also get them to take a pic holding some random object too trust issues .."

Hell yeah !!! It's probably in the hundreds over the last four years on here that I have encountered fakes ... why would I not try to protect myself ? Duh

Post new Message to Thread