Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

IT

Jump to newest

By *sGivesWood OP   Woman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Going to see this tonight, anyone else seen it and how does it compare to the original one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Saw it yesterday. It's good. It's based in the eighties where as the other one was based in the 50s. It's only the kids part so the adults part will be part two. I reckon it's most gruesome than the first one

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

My friends went to watch it and walked out half way through - they said it was dire!

over a year ago

"Going to see this tonight, anyone else seen it and how does it compare to the original one?"

Going Sat can't wait!

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I'll report back after I've seen it tonight my daughter went with her bf and said it was excellent

over a year ago

I wasn't blown away to be honest. But then I didn't like the original 'movie', I'm not particularly scared by clowns.

I'm never a fan of mainstream reviewers when they say 'the most terrifying movie you'll ever see' and all that bollocks. Granted, there's a few jumpy moments. But don't go into thinking it's a horror film.

Stephen King stories rarely translate to screen well, owing to his amazing talent with the written word. Movies would have to be 10 hours long to encapsulate his visions fully.

over a year ago

I enjoyed it personally

over a year ago

"I wasn't blown away to be honest. But then I didn't like the original 'movie', I'm not particularly scared by clowns.

I'm never a fan of mainstream reviewers when they say 'the most terrifying movie you'll ever see' and all that bollocks. Granted, there's a few jumpy moments. But don't go into thinking it's a horror film.

Stephen King stories rarely translate to screen well, owing to his amazing talent with the written word. Movies would have to be 10 hours long to encapsulate his visions fully."

There is the TV series "Under the Dome" from the Stephen King book of same name, the book is huge and the story takes 3 series to show. It is good.

over a year ago

"I wasn't blown away to be honest. But then I didn't like the original 'movie', I'm not particularly scared by clowns.

Stephen King stories rarely translate to screen well, owing to his amazing talent with the written word. Movies would have to be 10 hours long to encapsulate his visions fully.

There is the TV series "Under the Dome" from the Stephen King book of same name, the book is huge and the story takes 3 series to show. It is good. "

Will have to dig around and find it.

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

There is the TV series "Under the Dome" from the Stephen King book of same name, the book is huge and the story takes 3 series to show. It is good. "

I saw it, it was really good.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

My boss saw it last night and said it's worth a watch

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think Under the Dome was on channel 5 in the UK. I liked it too

over a year ago

I thought it was really good

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I read the book when I was 16.

I didn't sleep properly & had nightmares for weeks.

31yrs later, I'm not sure I'm ready for the film!

over a year ago

Watched it, loved it... though I expect I would be hard to impress as it's my favourite novel. Don't expect it to the straight up horror, it's more of a coming of age movie with horror moments.

The casting of the kids is incredible, especially the girl who plays Beverly.

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just got home, it was a really good remake, can't wait for part two!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm going this weekend and have heard mixed reviews!

over a year ago

It was interesting how this movie was set in the 80's instead of the 50's.

The scene where the blood comes out of the sink reminded me of the blood comes out of the bed in Nightmare on Elm Street

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It was interesting how this movie was set in the 80's instead of the 50's.

The scene where the blood comes out of the sink reminded me of the blood comes out of the bed in Nightmare on Elm Street"

It still works though

over a year ago

The scene where the blood comes out of the sink reminded me of the blood comes out of the bed in Nightmare on Elm Street

It still works though "

Yes indeed. Did you spot a couple of movie posters Bill had in his room?

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

It still works though

Yes indeed. Did you spot a couple of movie posters Bill had in his room?"

no what were they

over a year ago

It still works though

Yes indeed. Did you spot a couple of movie posters Bill had in his room?no what were they"

They can be spotted at the beginning of the movie but you will have to have a good eye to spot them.

In Bill's bedroom, he has a poster of Gremlins on the wall above his bed and a poster of Beetlejuice on his closet door which can be seen just before Georgie leaves to go into the basement.

It does make sense that Bill would have posters of these movies in his room seeing that they were both rated PG-13 in the US

over a year ago

Stephen King stories rarely translate to screen well, owing to his amazing talent with the written word. Movies would have to be 10 hours long to encapsulate his visions fully."

This is true.....love his books but rarely translate well....besides The Green Mile

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Just got home, it was a really good remake, can't wait for part two!"

How did it compare to the original in your view?

over a year ago

"Going to see this tonight, anyone else seen it and how does it compare to the original one?"

Love Stephen king, read all his books but can't watch his scary movies!

Love Shawshank and green mile tho x

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

This is true.....love his books but rarely translate well....besides The Green Mile "

Or Shawshank Redemption.... Stand by Me.... The Shining....all Stephen King classics!

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"Going to see this tonight, anyone else seen it and how does it compare to the original one?

Love Stephen king, read all his books but can't watch his scary movies!

Love Shawshank and green mile tho x"

Those are proper good movies

Don't really do horrors, well not when I'm alone anyway

over a year ago

This is true.....love his books but rarely translate well....besides The Green Mile

Or Shawshank Redemption.... Stand by Me.... The Shining....all Stephen King classics! "

To be fair you are right they are good films....pity about the dark tower though

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Or Shawshank Redemption.... Stand by Me.... The Shining....all Stephen King classics!

To be fair you are right they are good films....pity about the dark tower though "

Idris Elba makes up for a lot though

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Just got home, it was a really good remake, can't wait for part two!

How did it compare to the original in your view?"

I think it was better

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Just got home, it was a really good remake, can't wait for part two!

How did it compare to the original in your view?I think it was better"

Interesting. Part 2 in 2019 i believe

By *eansayianMan
over a year ago

oxford

i thought it was good but i didnt expect that first scene to be that graphic, was a bit shocked! i went with this girl i know i thought she was gonna walk out after that! she gave me proper daggers lol she didnt want to go see it in the first place but i persuaded her. to be honest i thought fuck i hope the rest of it isnt that graphic but gladly it wasnt. i enjoyed the rest of it

over a year ago

Imagine the goonies featuring a killer clown......it wasn't great

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

First couple of minutes I was jumping out if my seat lol

over a year ago

"Imagine the goonies featuring a killer clown......it wasn't great "

I loved the goonies

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Imagine the goonies featuring a killer clown......it wasn't great

I loved the goonies "

haven't seen that for years

over a year ago

Did anyone tear up during the scene with Bill and Georgie near the end?

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Did anyone tear up during the scene with Bill and Georgie near the end? "
yes it was really well acted

over a year ago

"Did anyone tear up during the scene with Bill and Georgie near the end? yes it was really well acted"

Yeah. Even though I knew that it was IT in disguise, that scene was still pretty sad especially when Not-Georgie said that he wanted to go home and misses his mum and dad

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Did anyone tear up during the scene with Bill and Georgie near the end? yes it was really well acted

Yeah. Even though I knew that it was IT in disguise, that scene was still pretty sad especially when Not-Georgie said that he wanted to go home and misses his mum and dad"

over a year ago

"Did anyone tear up during the scene with Bill and Georgie near the end? yes it was really well acted

Yeah. Even though I knew that it was IT in disguise, that scene was still pretty sad especially when Not-Georgie said that he wanted to go home and misses his mum and dad "

What I thought was a very kickass scene was when they all started beating the crap out of Pennywise. It was awesome lol

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yeah. Even though I knew that it was IT in disguise, that scene was still pretty sad especially when Not-Georgie said that he wanted to go home and misses his mum and dad

What I thought was a very kickass scene was when they all started beating the crap out of Pennywise. It was awesome lol"

ibthinkbit was really well done can't wait for the next one

over a year ago

What I thought was a very kickass scene was when they all started beating the crap out of Pennywise. It was awesome lolibthinkbit was really well done can't wait for the next one"

Yeah definitely. The next movie should be good.

The line "Welcome to the Losers club asshole" reminded me of a similar line from the movie Warlock: The Armageddon where Kenny says to Warlock before ruining his plans of destroying the world "Welcome to the 20th century asshole"

over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

What I thought was a very kickass scene was when they all started beating the crap out of Pennywise. It was awesome lolibthinkbit was really well done can't wait for the next one

The line "Welcome to the Losers club asshole" reminded me of a similar line from the movie Warlock: The Armageddon where Kenny says to Warlock before ruining his plans of destroying the world "Welcome to the 20th century asshole""

oh another great film!

over a year ago

What I thought was a very kickass scene was when they all started beating the crap out of Pennywise. It was awesome lolibthinkbit was really well done can't wait for the next one

The line "Welcome to the Losers club asshole" reminded me of a similar line from the movie Warlock: The Armageddon where Kenny says to Warlock before ruining his plans of destroying the world "Welcome to the 20th century asshole"oh another great film!"

Indeed. I never saw Warlock: The Armageddon as a sequel. It felt more like a reboot kind of like Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance seeing that they both have the same actor playing the lead role and have no connection to the original movies

Post new Message to Thread