Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

£1000 quid for a iphone

Jump to newest

By *eadySteadyCock OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tredegar

Come on ffs, who in there right mind would pay a grand for a phone? It has an o led screen that will make your blacks look blacker! The times I've stared at my screen and wished my blacks were blacker so I could enjoy the blackness more are endless! What a total load of utter bullcrap!

Facial recognition is built in! Whooppeee! Instead of pressing a button that gives me instant access I now have to lift the phone up and stare blankly at the camera while it decides if it going to allow me to use my camera. God help anyone who grows a beard or wears heavy makeup or both!

Augmented reality is now fully supported so you can point your camera at something and it will instantly (as long as you have 4G) give you information that you don't really need unless your an astronaut or a child who plays Pokemon.

I feel Apple has failed to raise the bar as much as anticipated, where is the holoscreen I was promised to impress my workmates? Where is the 5.1 stereo sound that I read about on some shitty tech site? It's all bullshit! It's all a total waste of your hard earned cash! The apple execs are rubbing their limp wristed hands in anticipation. God help the fools who fall for this marketing ploy to extract your money for the sake of gadget fashion.

I put my order in earlier and I can't wait!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Come on ffs, who in there right mind would pay a grand for a phone? It has an o led screen that will make your blacks look blacker! The times I've stared at my screen and wished my blacks were blacker so I could enjoy the blackness more are endless! What a total load of utter bullcrap!

Facial recognition is built in! Whooppeee! Instead of pressing a button that gives me instant access I now have to lift the phone up and stare blankly at the camera while it decides if it going to allow me to use my camera. God help anyone who grows a beard or wears heavy makeup or both!

Augmented reality is now fully supported so you can point your camera at something and it will instantly (as long as you have 4G) give you information that you don't really need unless your an astronaut or a child who plays Pokemon.

I feel Apple has failed to raise the bar as much as anticipated, where is the holoscreen I was promised to impress my workmates? Where is the 5.1 stereo sound that I read about on some shitty tech site? It's all bullshit! It's all a total waste of your hard earned cash! The apple execs are rubbing their limp wristed hands in anticipation. God help the fools who fall for this marketing ploy to extract your money for the sake of gadget fashion.

I put my order in earlier and I can't wait! "

Haha

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

lol, that last line.

facial recognition doesn't go off beards and that, it turns your face polygonal and makes an 'image' of your face that way.

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

I get yearly upgrades and currently have the iPhone 7.... having seen the new updates I think I'm gonna opt for the iPhone 8 rather than the iPhone x.... it's definitely not worth the extra money

8 will cost me about the same as I pay now

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Overpriced tat - no thanks

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Will it make my cock bigger?

Seriously though I'm an Apple fan and have used their stuff since 2009. iMac, iPad, iPhone etc

I normally upgrade every other year but I'm currently on a 6s 64gb and still can't think of a reason to upgrade.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No way would I pay that for a phone xxx

By *arren the doggerMan
over a year ago

willenhall

Will it help me get a meet ?? Lol

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Will it help me get a meet ?? Lol"

There's an app for that...

over a year ago

Stopped using iPhones 3 years ago.

Samsung galaxy s7 edge is amazing.

Love it. Just as much as I loved iPhones at the beginning.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

my phone cost me 18 quid.. no it's not an i phone.. but i can make calls txt and get online.. why would i need a more expensive one..

over a year ago

Can I get one in bumbee tartan

over a year ago

They have come a long way from simply being a device to talk to someone else on. Let's face it, these days making phone calls is not what most people buy them for anymore. Like it or not, they have transformed how we live !

over a year ago

"They have come a long way from simply being a device to talk to someone else on. Let's face it, these days making phone calls is not what most people buy them for anymore. Like it or not, they have transformed how we live !"

Very true.

over a year ago

That's why you should buy Samsung. The S8 has most of these features already. Plus have been using oled screens for a while. Also you don't have to contend with the god awful iCloud.

Please don't tell me I am just a Android fan boy. I have to manage 300 iPhones at work and I hate them.

over a year ago

"They have come a long way from simply being a device to talk to someone else on. Let's face it, these days making phone calls is not what most people buy them for anymore. Like it or not, they have transformed how we live !

Very true. "

But not for the better though, we just think they have!

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

The laws of diminishing returns are kicking in now, a tweak of the camera here, a better or bigger screen there etc.

The technology is maturing and my yearning to upgrade is zero. My phone does everything I need and more.

When 5G starts to roll out I might take another look

over a year ago

I think I'll get the iPhone 6 in a better deal. Which is still a massive upgrade from the iPhone 5 I'm rocking. Dropped it in a puddle, someone pissed on it (don't ask ). I've dropped it half a dozen times. We've been through a lot, it's more than a phone.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"Will it make my cock bigger?

"

That's where the augmented reality comes in to it

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

That's where the augmented reality comes in to it "

I'm in

By *atietvsheffTV/TS
over a year ago

Sheffield

"They have come a long way from simply being a device to talk to someone else on. Let's face it, these days making phone calls is not what most people buy them for anymore. Like it or not, they have transformed how we live !"

You can als make phone calls on them???? God know when I last made one ....... tinter,twitter,WhatsApp, that's all I use mine for

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've had Samsungs for years, upgraded to the S8+ in July.

Funnily enough, all this new tech on the new iPhone

It's been on Samsungs for quite a while now!

over a year ago

£1000!!!!!

Hope aeroplane mode takes you on fucking holiday!?

over a year ago

I wint be spending that much on a phone either!

I don't use even half of the functions on the phone I've got.

It's a pretty decent Samsung A5 2016.

I love it!

I love the big screen and the camera - it does everything I need it to do.

Technologynow is truly amazing - but I don't really understand nost of it - so it's a waste of money for me.

over a year ago

"£1000!!!!!

Hope aeroplane mode takes you on fucking holiday!? "

hilarious

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

I'd rather wait for the Samsung with the foldable screen

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/12/samsung-galaxy-note-foldable-screen-2018-smartphones

At least they're innovating with their products,rather than just doing minor iterations

over a year ago

I have been Samsung for years now. As I'm a biker, waterproofing was my top priority so went from an X-Cover to S4 Active to S7 Edge. The ability to swap out the memory card is a winner.

I may also have a smart tv, blueray and a tablet to match. Better value than Apple I believe!

over a year ago

iPhones have been ranked way down the list of smart phones, for quite some time now too.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I put my interest in for iPhone x today actually

over a year ago

My trusty Nokia is older than the original iPhone ....

By *ookingforlustMan
over a year ago

northants

That's where the augmented reality comes in to it "

Will it make my sky remote look smaller?

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

"My trusty Nokia is older than the original iPhone .... "

Ahh they are great you can phone, text and the battery lasts for days between charges

By *arnsleycouple7683Couple
over a year ago

Barnsley

Since Steve Jobs passed, Apple have been slipping further and further away from what he set the company out to be. It was meant to be Johnny Ives who took his place, as Steve was mentor in him and they were both on the same wavelength. But the second Steve passed corporate decided that they had a better idea. Steve refused to make the iPad mini, he didn't see the point in having a small screen. The second he was gone, they released one, and tucked Johnny Ives away on the design team of an Apple Car that will never see the light of day, just so they can keep him out of the picture. The Apple people trusted is now cutting corners to get things done, software is slipping, and there is no pride in perfection.

over a year ago

Do the people who buy these actually make calls on it?

You know, use it as a phone?

I'm beginning to wonder....

over a year ago

Can see mugging going in a new direction as people rob the £1000 phone then pin you down to unlock it and do the factory reset...

over a year ago

If it spooned me and made me a cuppa, I'd pay.

By *rnortholtMan
over a year ago

E Suffolk

And then you have to buy another as your "sex" phone!

By *tephenBunChowMan
over a year ago

Haywards heath/Waterlooville

Apple's target market is the rich and affluent where money is no object.

They will always have their hardcore customers that must have apple devices, even if they are doing. Most their phones are signed off 2 years in advance so the hardware in the x is already two years old.

Pay £1000 for a phone and the bloody screen still shatters, don't see the point. Or the screen scratches really easy. These phones nowadays are your personal assistant, I prefer human interaction anyday.

Samsung devices have the best hardware, but most software bloat. I went stick android and have the pixel.

I'd be happy if Fab works on the Nokia 3310 to be honest.

over a year ago

It's all just a load of old bollocks aimed at those who spend too much time on a phone!

By *a72Man
over a year ago

london

My Nokia from 2003 still works perfectly and I was given it free lol.

over a year ago

"Do the people who buy these actually make calls on it?

You know, use it as a phone?

I'm beginning to wonder...."

it's for those who have more money than sense sunrise! It's still going to crash freeze or flatten it's battery rapidly and probably never used to make a call!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Come on ffs, who in there right mind would pay a grand for a phone? It has an o led screen that will make your blacks look blacker! The times I've stared at my screen and wished my blacks were blacker so I could enjoy the blackness more are endless! What a total load of utter bullcrap!

you would only end up paying that IF you were buy the phone sim free.... which no one does!!!!

it will be a lot lot cheaper because the people will end up getting it as part of a 18/24 month contract, whether that is a new contract or an upgrade, and thats where the mobile phone companies really make their money....

so for us in the real world.... probably somewhere between £150-200 pounds for the phone....

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Apple's target market is the rich and affluent where money is no object.

They will always have their hardcore customers that must have apple devices, even if they are doing. Most their phones are signed off 2 years in advance so the hardware in the x is already two years old.

Pay £1000 for a phone and the bloody screen still shatters, don't see the point. Or the screen scratches really easy. These phones nowadays are your personal assistant, I prefer human interaction anyday.

Samsung devices have the best hardware, but most software bloat. I went stick android and have the pixel.

I'd be happy if Fab works on the Nokia 3310 to be honest."

and as an example... the samsung s8 plus sim free, which would be the nearest direct comparison would be 800-850 pounds.....

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"My trusty Nokia is older than the original iPhone ....

Ahh they are great you can phone, text and the battery lasts for days between charges "

And longer if you don,t use it much, it was the biggest Selling mobile phone in america at one Time was my trusty Nokia.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"And then you have to buy another as your "sex" phone!"

That's what my Samsung tablet is for

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Samsung for me.

iphone won't run Android apps I need. And Samsung l lets me down load manuals and documents to an sd card which I can't on the iphone toys.

over a year ago

people regularly pay hundreds for phones now.

fools and their money are so easily parted.

over a year ago

If people are gullible enough to waste their money and pay for a brand name, then their loss

I have an Huwai Honour 7 Android. Jam packed with features and a fraction of the price and not tied down iTunes store.

More free apps.

over a year ago

He he,

I bought a £ 15 battery for my Galaxy A3 the other day and it's as good as new. I can check fab, I can look at internet, I can tag my laptop to it and look at internet on that at drop of a hat. and wonder of wonders people can call me and not sound like daleks like they do on Mrs N's I phone 6 sometimes. What on sweaty earth would I pay £ 800 for a shitty I phone.

When I drop it and crack the screen or lose it on the train again I'll update to a newer Samsung. Till then Hasta La vista baby.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

I find it hard to swallow people buy into Apple who are market leaders when they are never ahead of the curve. Never allowing for expandable memory, scratchy screens, some OS's draining batteries in a day, no waterproofing, constantly changing ports, apps that android had years previous, fingerprint tech that has been around since 2006, even face recognition that has been around from the same period, yet they are only just bringing it out as if this is the newest available tech on the market. Aside from the processor, they are glamourising junk that is 10 years old.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

^Maybe not 10yrs but a good 6 or 7..

over a year ago

Does it make the cuppa

Lie in the wet patch

And donthe ironing

Lol

over a year ago

I put my order in earlier and I can't wait!

you would only end up paying that IF you were buy the phone sim free.... which no one does!!!!

it will be a lot lot cheaper because the people will end up getting it as part of a 18/24 month contract, whether that is a new contract or an upgrade, and thats where the mobile phone companies really make their money....

so for us in the real world.... probably somewhere between £150-200 pounds for the phone....

"

Errr no not really

Eg Samsung note 8 2 year contact with unlimited and 8gb data with o2 £68 a month, total £1632

O2 do a sim only deal with exactly the same obviously minus the phone, £18 a month , total £432.

Difference £1200 ... Cost of phone £900 .

So there charging you in reality £300 for interest

over a year ago

Phones are like cars...Practically Nobody would buy one or certainly swap them regularly if they weren't all sold on the drip

over a year ago

"Phones are like cars...Practically Nobody would buy one or certainly swap them regularly if they weren't all sold on the drip"

It's true that I have never bought a new phone, actually I have never bought any phone, people get upgrades and give me their old ones, phones are free give it 3 or 4 years or so and I expect someone will give me an iPhone X

Which is a bit weird really....

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

How do you milk sheep?

Bring out a new iphone and charge

a £1000 for it

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Also I will sell my old one to put against the new one so that at least I only have to pay a minimum price or just the contract price rather than up front cost

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I'd like to thank all early adopters for ensuring that the majority of bugs are sorted out before I get an upgrade.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I'd like to thank all early adopters for ensuring that the majority of bugs are sorted out before I get an upgrade."

That's ok - I have accepted your thanks lol

over a year ago

Absolute bonkers money... it doesn't do anything the Galaxy 8's can't do already and they're two thirds of the price.

The Galaxy's actually have more bells and whistles than the iPhone X

By *ocks99Man
over a year ago

Reading

[Removed by poster at 14/09/17 18:51:40]

By *ocks99Man
over a year ago

Reading

"How do you milk sheep?

Bring out a new iphone and charge

a £1000 for it "

Beat me to it!

over a year ago

Overpriced and overrated.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

But i bet still it will sell out and still have strong sales, ifans cannot stop buying apple, so will just be a money making phone.

never been a apple fan and never will be, big fan of chinese phones, half the price, great quality, like my current chinese xiaomi mi mix, nothing like this on the market when it came out last year. still no other phone looking like this, with some of the technology such as vibration to make sound still not in other phones, although now the screen is looking a bit similar to new phones coming out now.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

"

No chance, You have to pay for the upgrade in higher monthly payments than you would pay for a sim only deal, you would be paying a lot more than that over the contract

over a year ago

John cena - why won't this stupid iPhone unlock!?!?

Siri - I can't see you John

John cena -

over a year ago

Facial recognition? Can someone pick up your phone. Wave it in front of your face to open it and run off with it?

Havent the Samsungs got oled screens? For £600?

I am pretty sure the fashionistas will still buy it though.

Ps i used to have iPhones

over a year ago

I've used apple from word dot, never used a pc and had iPhone from conception. Use Apple for work as it was industry std for design.

But I would not be paying 1k for a phone...

Post new Message to Thread