Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

old photos on profiles ... discuss please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little strange when people have photos on their profiles from around 2009/10 and nothing newer (especially face pics) ... we all change as the years go by and if you're looking to meet surely more up to date pics would be way more "sensible"...???

From my own perspective I'm still voluptous but was enormous in 09/10 so wouldn't want anyone to see my pics from then lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The only problem is that people can add photos today that are five or more years old. The only way to be sure is to do a few verification Photos..

Maybe ask em to hold their left ear in one. Or hold up a piece of paper with their fab name and date.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've never noticed, but I haven't been paying particular attention either...perhaps I should. Very d photos on an active user does cause some mistrust I suppose...

By *nSeeNMan
over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

No all people change that drastically and some people don't realise that they have changed quite so much.

over a year ago

"I've never noticed, but I haven't been paying particular attention either...perhaps I should. Very d photos on an active user does cause some mistrust I suppose..."

It's not so much mistrust more than a "why don't you show yourself now" ... do you see what I mean?

over a year ago

"No all people change that drastically and some people don't realise that they have changed quite so much.

"

Yeah there is that I guess ..

over a year ago

"The only problem is that people can add photos today that are five or more years old. The only way to be sure is to do a few verification Photos..

Maybe ask em to hold their left ear in one. Or hold up a piece of paper with their fab name and date."

I'm too bloody honest for my own good then lmao

over a year ago

I haven't changed since 1996.........much ... I wish

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Took me ages to phtoshop Elvis out of mine.

over a year ago

Can't say we're that fussed, if we're playing than we'd more than likely have met socially before anyway. Seeing someone in person beats any photo' no matter how recent or old.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i think it's to purposely mislead. and it's even possible they were old pics from before the year they were uploaded.

like i've spoken to guys on here and they look not as good as their pics in the flesh because they've aged or their eye colour is different even. also some guys have more recent pics in friends, they know exactly what they're doing.

over a year ago

"I haven't changed since 1996.........much ... I wish"

Don't we all

over a year ago

"Took me ages to phtoshop Elvis out of mine. "

Who?

By *uds1Couple
over a year ago

lanark

fook me if we posted new pics we would be banned.for being too old

over a year ago

"Can't say we're that fussed, if we're playing than we'd more than likely have met socially before anyway. Seeing someone in person beats any photo' no matter how recent or old."

Agreed but to get to a social even I like to see who's coming ... one of my 1st socials from here looked in real life about 25 years older than his pics

over a year ago

"i think it's to purposely mislead. and it's even possible they were old pics from before the year they were uploaded.

like i've spoken to guys on here and they look not as good as their pics in the flesh because they've aged or their eye colour is different even. also some guys have more recent pics in friends, they know exactly what they're doing."

I see exactly what you're saying but I still don't get it!

over a year ago

"fook me if we posted new pics we would be banned.for being too old "

Never too old!

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

"Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little strange when people have photos on their profiles from around 2009/10 and nothing newer (especially face pics) ... we all change as the years go by and if you're looking to meet surely more up to date pics would be way more "sensible"...???

From my own perspective I'm still voluptous but was enormous in 09/10 so wouldn't want anyone to see my pics from then lol "

I met a lady for a social after seeing her pics and chatting on the phone and checking we got on ok.

When she arrived she was at least 10 to 15 years older than her pic, which was disappointing as she was still attractive although now the GGMILF as opposed to a MILF.

Not sure why she did it, but it put me off for good

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"i think it's to purposely mislead. and it's even possible they were old pics from before the year they were uploaded.

like i've spoken to guys on here and they look not as good as their pics in the flesh because they've aged or their eye colour is different even. also some guys have more recent pics in friends, they know exactly what they're doing.

I see exactly what you're saying but I still don't get it!"

it works and gets them what they want sometimes.

like one guy i was interested in meeting based on his public pics, he looked alright, not hot or anything but like he looked after himself. so chatted to him for a while, then added him to friends and saw his pics there...omg dishevelled isn't the word. not sure what happened but no way would i have even started chatting to him if that had been his public pic.

i don't get it either coz if he had turned up to a meet looking like that it would have been really embarrassing for him. i would've made sure it was.

over a year ago

"Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little strange when people have photos on their profiles from around 2009/10 and nothing newer (especially face pics) ... we all change as the years go by and if you're looking to meet surely more up to date pics would be way more "sensible"...???

From my own perspective I'm still voluptous but was enormous in 09/10 so wouldn't want anyone to see my pics from then lol

I met a lady for a social after seeing her pics and chatting on the phone and checking we got on ok.

When she arrived she was at least 10 to 15 years older than her pic, which was disappointing as she was still attractive although now the GGMILF as opposed to a MILF.

Not sure why she did it, but it put me off for good"

over a year ago

like one guy i was interested in meeting based on his public pics, he looked alright, not hot or anything but like he looked after himself. so chatted to him for a while, then added him to friends and saw his pics there...omg dishevelled isn't the word. not sure what happened but no way would i have even started chatting to him if that had been his public pic.

i don't get it either coz if he had turned up to a meet looking like that it would have been really embarrassing for him. i would've made sure it was."

Haha! Bloody brilliant

over a year ago

I wouldn't use old photos. I'm 3 stone slimmer than I was 4 years ago.

over a year ago

yep... pics from 1983 complete with shoulder pads n Duran Duran makeup xxx

a tad dissapointing tbh

All ours are way recent..

mwah

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

Not sure why she did it, but it put me off for good

"

Its a shame you have a cut off age that excludes me ...

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"The only problem is that people can add photos today that are five or more years old. The only way to be sure is to do a few verification Photos..

Maybe ask em to hold their left ear in one. Or hold up a piece of paper with their fab name and date."

I`ve seen profiles on here re-upload old photos and delete the old copy. One used to do it every week for the attention they got from the new pics section, others where just doing it so that it looked `recent`. There are also "new" profiles using old pics. It`s not necessarily deceptive though, they may well have hardly changed and even a photo taken today may not be a totally accurate representation, or even real.

By *uds1Couple
over a year ago

lanark

"fook me if we posted new pics we would be banned.for being too old

Never too old! "

.....................lol mrs tits at her knees now, and iv new teeth

over a year ago

"I wouldn't use old photos. I'm 3 stone slimmer than I was 4 years ago. "

*whispers* I'm 9 stone slimmer than 15 months ago

over a year ago

"yep... pics from 1983 complete with shoulder pads n Duran Duran makeup xxx

a tad dissapointing tbh

All ours are way recent..

mwah"

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

"I wouldn't use old photos. I'm 3 stone slimmer than I was 4 years ago.

*whispers* I'm 9 stone slimmer than 15 months ago "

you look good xxx message me please

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

Maybe ask em to hold their left ear in one. Or hold up a piece of paper with their fab name and date.

I`ve seen profiles on here re-upload old photos and delete the old copy. One used to do it every week for the attention they got from the new pics section, others where just doing it so that it looked `recent`. There are also "new" profiles using old pics. It`s not necessarily deceptive though, they may well have hardly changed and even a photo taken today may not be a totally accurate representation, or even real.

"

I should have said that obviously some are doing it deceptively, my point was that unless you verify or have a social you just don't know. Some people just aren't comfortable taking or posting pics.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've still got my original avatar from when I was put on here.

I update my face pic each year though

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

i shoved a load of old pics up in the holidays, only from the past 3 years, just coz i had the kids around all the time. have managed to take a few very recent pics and they're on there too.

the old stuff will get deleted once i find pics to replace them. maybe not my fanny one and a couple others i know guys particularly like and message me about but the rest i do want new pics and decent ones. like my new ones are crap coz i rushed them or was kik wanking when taking them.

over a year ago

"

Fair point ... maybe my perceptions stem from the fact I am much different in appearance from years ago (I'm often told now that I look younger which is awesome (and quite true!))

over a year ago

"I haven't changed since 1996.........much ... I wish

Don't we all "

Every day I wish I was 21

over a year ago

I'm going to dig out my pics from 10 years ago to see if anyone notices.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

You can't trust pictures,in mine I look hideous when in fact in real life I am actually....

Hideous oh well.

My advice if someone has pic's that old don't meet them.

Problem solved.

Next?

over a year ago

"I've still got my original avatar from when I was put on here.

I update my face pic each year though "

over a year ago

If I am going to meet a person ......... For me its a must to see each other on web cam ........ if they cant do that i am not ever going to meet them.

over a year ago

"If I am going to meet a person ......... For me its a must to see each other on web cam ........ if they cant do that i am not ever going to meet them. "

Yeah think I might have to adopt that attitude...

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

"If I am going to meet a person ......... For me its a must to see each other on web cam ........ if they cant do that i am not ever going to meet them. "

that makes sense ... but when you are "green" you take too much on face value - or I did xx

over a year ago

"If I am going to meet a person ......... For me its a must to see each other on web cam ........ if they cant do that i am not ever going to meet them.

that makes sense ... but when you are "green" you take too much on face value - or I did xx"

Yes I was guilty of that too xx

over a year ago

"If I am going to meet a person ......... For me its a must to see each other on web cam ........ if they cant do that i am not ever going to meet them.

that makes sense ... but when you are "green" you take too much on face value - or I did xx

Yes I was guilty of that too xx"

9 times out of 10 it will sort whos real ... You need them to wave at you too ... to make sure its not a video.... after that its a chat on the phone.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

i shoved a load of old pics up in the holidays, only from the past 3 years, just coz i had the kids around all the time. have managed to take a few very recent pics and they're on there too.

the old stuff will get deleted once i find pics to replace them. maybe not my fanny one and a couple others i know guys particularly like and message me about but the rest i do want new pics and decent ones. like my new ones are crap coz i rushed them or was kik wanking when taking them. "

I know, I fabbed a couple already

People shouldn't get rid of pics just because they are old. New pics may help their profile but who is to say they want or need help anyway.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

Fair point ... maybe my perceptions stem from the fact I am much different in appearance from years ago (I'm often told now that I look younger which is awesome (and quite true!)) "

But would you still have updated your photo`s had it gone the other way?

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

the old stuff will get deleted once i find pics to replace them. maybe not my fanny one and a couple others i know guys particularly like and message me about but the rest i do want new pics and decent ones. like my new ones are crap coz i rushed them or was kik wanking when taking them.

People shouldn't get rid of pics just because they are old. New pics may help their profile but who is to say they want or need help anyway. "

thanks. i more think i should have pics what represent me now, just had no time or privacy to do them recently.

i've lost weight since the old pics and think i look better now, so the pics are misleading but in an anti way.

compare the boobs from the older pics with the one from a few weeks ago (shorts and top being pulled up on one side) and you can see they are smaller and belly is flatter now.

over a year ago

Fair point ... maybe my perceptions stem from the fact I am much different in appearance from years ago (I'm often told now that I look younger which is awesome (and quite true!))

But would you still have updated your photo`s had it gone the other way? "

Honestly?

I wouldn't be on this site had it gone the other way

over a year ago

Weve met a few people who have used misleading photos ie taken sometime ago and they were totally unrecognisable. Never went further than a polite coffee.

All of our photos are recent. Everyone we've met has said our photos are a true representation of us. We keep ours current so as not to disappoint anyone.

over a year ago

Photos through the years is ok but only having photos from ages ago well they won't work for me

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

People shouldn't get rid of pics just because they are old. New pics may help their profile but who is to say they want or need help anyway.

thanks. i more think i should have pics what represent me now, just had no time or privacy to do them recently.

i've lost weight since the old pics and think i look better now, so the pics are misleading but in an anti way.

compare the boobs from the older pics with the one from a few weeks ago (shorts and top being pulled up on one side) and you can see they are smaller and belly is flatter now."

I dont need telling twice to have another look.

I suppose the main thing is that photos aren't misleading and you will only find that out by chatting and proving it for yourself. I do think having just really old photos is a valid reason for overlooking a profile though.

over a year ago

All my photos are current and completely unaltered. The fact that I have no talent taking the damn pics shows a total honesty on my part.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

Honestly?

I wouldn't be on this site had it gone the other way "

That's a shame.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

compare the boobs from the older pics with the one from a few weeks ago (shorts and top being pulled up on one side) and you can see they are smaller and belly is flatter now.

I suppose the main thing is that photos aren't misleading and you will only find that out by chatting and proving it for yourself. I do think having just really old photos is a valid reason for overlooking a profile though."

lol.

anybody expecting the bigger boobs will be disappointed i think. but yeah only old pics isn't good.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

I suppose the main thing is that photos aren't misleading and you will only find that out by chatting and proving it for yourself. I do think having just really old photos is a valid reason for overlooking a profile though.

lol.

anybody expecting the bigger boobs will be disappointed i think. but yeah only old pics isn't good. "

Even though they are smaller, I`m sure they wont be disappointing. Obviously I can only judge from your pics.. but I trust them. lol

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

lol.

anybody expecting the bigger boobs will be disappointed i think. but yeah only old pics isn't good.

Even though they are smaller, I`m sure they wont be disappointing. Obviously I can only judge from your pics.. but I trust them. lol"

ok. i'm still gonna do some better pics when i can though.

over a year ago

Honestly?

I wouldn't be on this site had it gone the other way

That's a shame. "

It's not, I was grotesque (even tho I say so myself lol )

over a year ago

"Weve met a few people who have used misleading photos ie taken sometime ago and they were totally unrecognisable. Never went further than a polite coffee.

All of our photos are recent. Everyone we've met has said our photos are a true representation of us. We keep ours current so as not to disappoint anyone."

It makes sense to me...

over a year ago

"Photos through the years is ok but only having photos from ages ago well they won't work for me "

It's pointless if you get to meet stage (been there / done that) ... crazy

over a year ago

From my own perspective I'm still voluptous but was enormous in 09/10 so wouldn't want anyone to see my pics from then lol "

People notice the date when leering, sorry, looking at people's pics, wow!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I've still got my original avatar from when I was put on here.

I update my face pic each year though "

Snap, my original pic is still on here. I have had a fair few styles since then, but ma last face pic is pretty accurate, although ma hair is a bit longer now though

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

lol.

Even though they are smaller, I`m sure they wont be disappointing. Obviously I can only judge from your pics.. but I trust them. lol

ok. i'm still gonna do some better pics when i can though. "

You didn`t actually think I was trying to talk you out of putting new pics up, did you? I was saying don`t feel like you have to, not that you shouldn`t. Though it will make it harder to choose a favourite...

over a year ago

How did you get hold of that photo of his corpse?

By *idalgo13Man
over a year ago

Near York

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

lol.

ok. i'm still gonna do some better pics when i can though.

You didn`t actually think I was trying to talk you out of putting new pics up, did you? I was saying don`t feel like you have to, not that you shouldn`t. Though it will make it harder to choose a favourite... "

not sure if you're tlaking me into anything but it is late so i'll blame that.

they can all be your favourite if you like.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

they can all be your favourite if you like. "

I sure was talking to you.

That works for me

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

That works for me "

haha, i should let you pick the poses or something ...seeing as you've been so nice and all.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

i don't get it either coz if he had turned up to a meet looking like that it would have been really embarrassing for him. i would've made sure it was."

Oi shurrup about my beer gut

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

That works for me

haha, i should let you pick the poses or something ...seeing as you've been so nice and all. "

You do a good job picking them yourself but I would definitely take you up on that offer

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i don't get it either coz if he had turned up to a meet looking like that it would have been really embarrassing for him. i would've made sure it was.

Oi shurrup about my beer gut "

he looked like a melted candle, that's how bad it was.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

That works for me

haha, i should let you pick the poses or something ...seeing as you've been so nice and all.

You do a good job picking them yourself but I would definitely take you up on that offer "

do you think so? thanks. i didn't think i was any good at them. i will probably keep my bum pic coz i'm rubbish at taking those and don't want to attempt any more of them.

yeah you can choose some whenever, i'll try to replicate whatever you like.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

That works for me

You do a good job picking them yourself but I would definitely take you up on that offer

do you think so? thanks. i didn't think i was any good at them. i will probably keep my bum pic coz i'm rubbish at taking those and don't want to attempt any more of them.

yeah you can choose some whenever, i'll try to replicate whatever you like."

Whatever I like you say...? I wont be TOO outrageous lol.

This sounds fun, thank you. I do think you do a good job, it is hard to take a good photo, and you have lots. I gave up trying to take more photos the other day because I couldn`t get them right.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

That works for me

This sounds fun, thank you. I do think you do a good job, it is hard to take a good photo, and you have lots. I gave up trying to take more photos the other day because I couldn`t get them right. "

your pics are decent, especially for a guy on here, but yeah the mirror selfie probably is the most used pic for singles haha. i've got a fair amount of those.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

That works for me

This sounds fun, thank you. I do think you do a good job, it is hard to take a good photo, and you have lots. I gave up trying to take more photos the other day because I couldn`t get them right.

your pics are decent, especially for a guy on here, but yeah the mirror selfie probably is the most used pic for singles haha. i've got a fair amount of those. "

Thanks Mirror shots are standard. I did try to be more imaginative but its hard to take pics of yourself alone. I have bought a selfie stick though so will try again. Care to make any sugestions for me?

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

That works for me

your pics are decent, especially for a guy on here, but yeah the mirror selfie probably is the most used pic for singles haha. i've got a fair amount of those.

Thanks Mirror shots are standard. I did try to be more imaginative but its hard to take pics of yourself alone. I have bought a selfie stick though so will try again. Care to make any sugestions for me? "

er my suggestion, not the selfie stick.

dunno as i'm rubbish with pics but you have a nice body so make sure to show that off.

also maybe copy other guys pics. i might look in top fabbed on here some time and see what people think is sexy and try to replicate that. although i find a lot of the pics in there boring if i'm honest.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

That works for me

Thanks Mirror shots are standard. I did try to be more imaginative but its hard to take pics of yourself alone. I have bought a selfie stick though so will try again. Care to make any sugestions for me?

dunno as i'm rubbish with pics but you have a nice body so make sure to show that off.

also maybe copy other guys pics. i might look in top fabbed on here some time and see what people think is sexy and try to replicate that. although i find a lot of the pics in there boring if i'm honest."

lol, Why not the selfies stick? It seems like the best option without having another pair of hands.

I will get my thinking cap on, first for a suggestion for yours. I'm imagining pigtails, a cheeky smile and a ch0ker necklace so far...

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

That works for me

also maybe copy other guys pics. i might look in top fabbed on here some time and see what people think is sexy and try to replicate that. although i find a lot of the pics in there boring if i'm honest.

lol, Why not the selfies stick? It seems like the best option without having another pair of hands.

I will get my thinking cap on, first for a suggestion for yours. I'm imagining pigtails, a cheeky smile and a ch0ker necklace so far... "

because you can see the stick in photos usually.

i have all those things already but not in one pic, combining them might be good.

you know i got some body jewellery that i've never seen anyone on here wearing similar, gonna have to get those out too and use them.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

i have all those things already but not in one pic, combining them might be good.

you know i got some body jewellery that i've never seen anyone on here wearing similar, gonna have to get those out too and use them."

Yeah,i`ll be sure to keep the stick out the picture, in more ways than one. haha

Body jewellery sounds perfect

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

you know i got some body jewellery that i've never seen anyone on here wearing similar, gonna have to get those out too and use them.

Yeah,i`ll be sure to keep the stick out the picture, in more ways than one. haha

Body jewellery sounds perfect "

haha about your stick(s).

hope i remember to take pics of what i said. might make a topic about it when i'm gonna do them, i know guys like telling us what pics to take so will ask them.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

hope i remember to take pics of what i said. might make a topic about it when i'm gonna do them, i know guys like telling us what pics to take so will ask them. "

I`m reckon you will get lots of suggestions I know I will have a few

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

hope i remember to take pics of what i said. might make a topic about it when i'm gonna do them, i know guys like telling us what pics to take so will ask them.

I`m reckon you will get lots of suggestions I know I will have a few "

hopefully it'll be a lot of fun asking then, as well as taking them.

i don't enjoy taking pics really coz of my lack of imagination.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"

i don't enjoy taking pics really coz of my lack of imagination."

Just make sure you smile in them.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

Just make sure you smile in them. "

but i'm a miserable git.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

i don't enjoy taking pics really coz of my lack of imagination."

I get bored of taking/deleting pics where I look either gormless, shocked or confused. haha

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"

I get bored of taking/deleting pics where I look either gormless, shocked or confused. haha"

i just rush mine, but am easily pleased.

right best try to get some sleep here, night.

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

"

I get bored of taking/deleting pics where I look either gormless, shocked or confused. haha

i just rush mine, but am easily pleased.

right best try to get some sleep here, night."

Goodnight Queen.

Post new Message to Thread