Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Work.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So low right now. I've been working as a trainee NVQ assessor for a local training provider And today I resigned, fed up with a female bosses behaviour towards me, since I started this woman has been rude, overbearing, unsupportive and has humiliated me in front of colleagues. I've had barely any training for the work I've done then bollocked for doing it wrong. I tried to talk to her, told her how I feel and how she makes me feel. Since then the overbearing got worse. Today it came to a head and I told her I wanted to resign with immediate affect, her response was "I was going to let you go today anyway, and I'm going to report you to the education workforce council for breaching the code to ensure you never work as an assessor again!" Without explaining how the code was breached.

Wow, did not think she had the right to do that and ACAS agreed, saying that she would need to evidence where I breached the code, and she couldn't do that without making herself look stupid because of me being a trainee.

Not sure why I posted, just felt crap that someone thinks they have the right to kick someone when they are down anyway.

Hopefully start back a new job next week so at least that's something.

Thanks all. Maybe it's for the best tbh. And at least I don't have to face the fat witch again.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hope you're ok OP. Problems with people at work can bring so much misery to someone. I've had difficulties at work in the past and been on the edge of quiting.

I'm a retail store manager and from experience I know this woman can't do what she has done. Glad you went to ACAS.

Hope all goes well for you. It's her loss not yours. Hear if you need a chat to blow off some steam.

over a year ago

That's horrendous! Does she have a boss that you could complain to? Sounds like it will be for the best. No-one needs shit like that. Good luck with the new job. Hugs xx

over a year ago

Ohhh I feel angry for you. Some people really are utter utter twats....

Is there nobody you could have gone too? I assume you've spoken to acas ( they are very helpful)

But never the less no-one, should feel they have to resign because they feel so bad about their job.. She has guidelines she has to follow and she's failed, not counting the way shes treated you... What a bitch..

Have a hug and I have alcohol and or chocolate.. The cheesecakes mine. X

over a year ago

That sucks hard, sounds like she was on a little power trip Glad to hear that you were backed up though and didn't get totally shafted by her. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the next place

over a year ago

You should have kicked her in her breach!

over a year ago

Can you go for constructive dismissal? Or at least go for bullying and harassment in the workplace.....and I'd definitely speak to her superiors about her

*hugs*

over a year ago

"So low right now. I've been working as a trainee NVQ assessor for a local training provider And today I resigned, fed up with a female bosses behaviour towards me, since I started this woman has been rude, overbearing, unsupportive and has humiliated me in front of colleagues. I've had barely any training for the work I've done then bollocked for doing it wrong. I tried to talk to her, told her how I feel and how she makes me feel. Since then the overbearing got worse. Today it came to a head and I told her I wanted to resign with immediate affect, her response was "I was going to let you go today anyway, and I'm going to report you to the education workforce council for breaching the code to ensure you never work as an assessor again!" Without explaining how the code was breached.

Wow, did not think she had the right to do that and ACAS agreed, saying that she would need to evidence where I breached the code, and she couldn't do that without making herself look stupid because of me being a trainee.

Not sure why I posted, just felt crap that someone thinks they have the right to kick someone when they are down anyway.

Thanks all. Maybe it's for the best tbh. And at least I don't have to face the fat witch again. "

Bullying sucks. If however you need help with your assessors award give me a shout, I'll help you out.

over a year ago

You're free !

Well done for standing up for yourself.

Now... just move on, forget it and continue onto a happier job/life, do nothing about anything that happened or was said, just move on and be happy

Good luck with the new appointment

By *ancastermanMan
over a year ago

carnforth

I totally understand how awful being bullied at work feels, and how it wears you down outside work. So don't worry about letting off steam here.

Take care.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

I hope you're feeling ok op.

Work problems suck!

I had issues with bullying from a co worker and raised a formal grievance about it. Initially it was dealt with but very quickly the problems started again, as soon as the boss was on holiday.

Despite reporting things it wasn't dealt with and ultimately I ended up going off sick and not going back. I was signed off for over 3 months getting no company sick pay, only ssp.

I found another job and sent in my resignation letter. Once my boss received it I requested that they let me go immediately rather than make me wait until my 4 weeks notice expired, they refused

I started my new job yesterday and am loving it! Wish I'd moved on sooner.

My husband keeps suggesting that we take legal advice with regards to bringing a claim for constructive dismissal but to be honest, I'm just so happy to be out of there I really don't want to go through the hassle and stress of all that.

By *oping for funMan
over a year ago

Newport - Shropshire

"So low right now. I've been working as a trainee NVQ assessor for a local training provider And today I resigned, fed up with a female bosses behaviour towards me, since I started this woman has been rude, overbearing, unsupportive and has humiliated me in front of colleagues. I've had barely any training for the work I've done then bollocked for doing it wrong. I tried to talk to her, told her how I feel and how she makes me feel. Since then the overbearing got worse. Today it came to a head and I told her I wanted to resign with immediate affect, her response was "I was going to let you go today anyway, and I'm going to report you to the education workforce council for breaching the code to ensure you never work as an assessor again!" Without explaining how the code was breached.

Thanks all. Maybe it's for the best tbh. And at least I don't have to face the fat witch again. "

Speak to the employer and tell them you feel you have been bullied ... they have to take your complaint seriously then ...

over a year ago

I would have had to look her in the eye and demand she tells me what her problem is with me. And then tell her I want it in writing.

over a year ago

Thank you for the responses all. And thank you for being so supportive.

Trouble with taking it further is this woman owns the company so there really is no one else to complain too.

ACAS suggested speaking to the main funding contractor, as delivering the award funded by them they have an obligation to ensure that the programme was being delivered successfully.It wasn't, I know this contractor has issues with the training company, which I got the blame for, yep because blame the trainee for that when there are 5 qualified assessors there, bit nope, my fault apparently lol xx

over a year ago

I hope all goes well with your new job.Im in a similar situation at the moment with a line manager who has taken an instant dislike to me.Im making notes and will be contacting my Union.I feel we are going back to a workhouse mentality in general at the moment and don't get me started on working until we are 66 in order to qualify for the state pension!!

over a year ago

"

I hope all goes well with your new job.Im in a similar situation at the moment with a line manager who has taken an instant dislike to me.Im making notes and will be contacting my Union.I feel we are going back to a workhouse mentality in general at the moment and don't get me started on working until we are 66 in order to qualify for the state pension!! "

Oh god. Please don't put up with it, get it sorted. Before I started at that place I was happy, confident, self assured and quite like who I was. Now the confidence has gone, no self esteem, insecure. I feel like the stuffing has been knocked out and I don't recognise the woman now. It's a shadow. I really don't know how to get back to being me so please don't get to that point xx

Being a manager previously I always think bad managers projectile their insecurities onto people who have quality traits they know they don't have. I think it's not a judge of you, but a true reflection of who they are xx

Post new Message to Thread