Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

cutting out sugar

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been on a lower carb diet, cutting out sugar and cakes and avoiding bread.

At weekend, I had pasta, a few sweets and a piece of cake.

Today my head hurts as its 24 hrs since the cake. Staying hydrated and taking paracetamol.

It just shows how nasty sugar is...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not as nasty as paracetamol...

I sympathise though.. I over indulged on chocolate yesterday..

By *typical guyMan
over a year ago

wigan

The headaches can also be cause by the low carbs and is sometimes called ketogenic flu. I have a friend that keeps raving about the keto diet so have read a little bit about it.

Sugar is nasty but I would choose it over artificial sweetners any day though as they are both nasty and taste crap. I really should cut down on the sugar though, and carbs if I am honest.

My friend on the keto diet claims to feel like a new man and there is no denying he has lost over a stone quite quickly. Not too bothered about the weight loss as such, though wouldn't mind being more trim. either way I should eat better and the claims of better sleep, energy and focus are appealing. Not sure I can give up the chocolate shortbread though, and not right keen on headaches or fasting either. lol

By *asques and boxersCouple
over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

We went totally carb free for a year so we thought! Actually harder than you think sugar is even harder not due to taste but more its found in most food sources. Not just fruit but quite few vegtables as are carbs. Did the job on the diabetas front no longer need insulin. After a year you tend to plato so now increasing our exercise which does seem to restarting the sugar control again.

Post new Message to Thread