Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I have a confession

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In the early years of my life as a man with Aspergers, my confidence has had its ups and downs. When its up, I would feel great like I'm on top of the world but when its down, I would feel really depressed like what is the point of everything.

When I was in my first year of college back in 2001, I was at a low point where I felt like what is the point and why even try as I would just screw things up by doing or saying the wrong thing so I ended up doing something that I never thought I would do and that was climb onto the side of a bridge to jump off it but was stopped by the police when they saw me on the edge. I felt so ashamed with myself for doing that and regretted it ever since.

Over the years whenever I got stressed or upset about something, I would go into a minor depression and think the same things as I had in the past. There have also been some occurrences where I would feel like this and end up climbing on a fire escape at work to jump off but would be talked down by a duty manager.

Luckily, I've not done anything like that again for some years now and despite feeling depressed from time to time, I have refrained from doing something like that again as nothing is worth taking my life over.

I am glad to have many friends here who have helped me get through my darker days when things brought me down and I am grateful.

I love you all and thank you so much

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Glad you have friends to talk to and help. xx

over a year ago

"Glad you have friends to talk to and help. xx"

Yeah I'm glad as well. It is good to have friends to talk to

over a year ago

I think you're doing great spin. Lots of people struggle with the swinging lifestyle and all associated with it without the added complexity of Aspergers.

Onwards and upwards for you. X

over a year ago

"I think you're doing great spin. Lots of people struggle with the swinging lifestyle and all associated with it without the added complexity of Aspergers.

Onwards and upwards for you. X "

Thanks Angie

over a year ago

The opening post is hard to respond to, life can get tricky at timrs, glad you stuck with it the ride is what its all about.

over a year ago

"The opening post is hard to respond to, life can get tricky at timrs, glad you stuck with it the ride is what its all about. "

Yeah that is true. Thanks

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"In the early years of my life as a man with Aspergers, my confidence has had its ups and downs. When its up, I would feel great like I'm on top of the world but when its down, I would feel really depressed like what is the point of everything.

When I was in my first year of college back in 2001, I was at a low point where I felt like what is the point and why even try as I would just screw things up by doing or saying the wrong thing so I ended up doing something that I never thought I would do and that was climb onto the side of a bridge to jump off it but was stopped by the police when they saw me on the edge. I felt so ashamed with myself for doing that and regretted it ever since.

Over the years whenever I got stressed or upset about something, I would go into a minor depression and think the same things as I had in the past. There have also been some occurrences where I would feel like this and end up climbing on a fire escape at work to jump off but would be talked down by a duty manager.

Luckily, I've not done anything like that again for some years now and despite feeling depressed from time to time, I have refrained from doing something like that again as nothing is worth taking my life over.

I am glad to have many friends here who have helped me get through my darker days when things brought me down and I am grateful.

I love you all and thank you so much"

I no how you fill op

I got Aspergers to.

Glad to hear thing are on the up.

over a year ago

"In the early years of my life as a man with Aspergers, my confidence has had its ups and downs. When its up, I would feel great like I'm on top of the world but when its down, I would feel really depressed like what is the point of everything.

I no how you fill op

I got Aspergers to.

Glad to hear thing are on the up. "

Yeah. I'm glad things are on the up as well

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I no how you fill op

I got Aspergers to.

Yeah. I'm glad things are on the up as well"

It's always a good filling wen you find that lite at the end of wot fills like a endless tunal.

Keep your eyes on it and things will just get briter

over a year ago

I think far more of us have been close to doing something similar. But the stigma around mental health is such tbat far too few talk about it. I applaud the bravery and openness of this post and am so glad to read you are in a better place

over a year ago

I no how you fill op

I got Aspergers to.

Yeah. I'm glad things are on the up as well

It's always a good filling wen you find that lite at the end of wot fills like a endless tunal.

Keep your eyes on it and things will just get briter

"

Yeah. I'll make sure that I do

over a year ago

"I think far more of us have been close to doing something similar. But the stigma around mental health is such tbat far too few talk about it. I applaud the bravery and openness of this post and am so glad to read you are in a better place "

Thank you. I am glad to have so much support from friends

over a year ago

After reflecting on how I've been throughout the year so far, I now know that I'm in a happier state than I have been in the past.

I braved the first step of entering a club for the first time, I worked up the confidence to make many great friends on here and at the club and have become a much better person than I have been before.

Once again I thank you all for giving me the support and help I needed to keep me on my feet.

Thank you all so very much

over a year ago

Just thought I'd bump this thread of mine so I can be reminded of the friends I've made here on and off fab who have helped me get through tough times in the past.

There have been times where I would forget my worth due to these minor depressions I get but my friends have always been there to help me find it again.

over a year ago

"Just thought I'd bump this thread of mine so I can be reminded of the friends I've made here on and off fab who have helped me get through tough times in the past.

There have been times where I would forget my worth due to these minor depressions I get but my friends have always been there to help me find it again."

You have your verifications too to remind you that people like you.

over a year ago

"Just thought I'd bump this thread of mine so I can be reminded of the friends I've made here on and off fab who have helped me get through tough times in the past.

There have been times where I would forget my worth due to these minor depressions I get but my friends have always been there to help me find it again.

You have your verifications too to remind you that people like you. "

Yeah you're right there

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Hope your life continues to strengthen and give you more satisfaction

over a year ago

"Hope your life continues to strengthen and give you more satisfaction "

Thank you

By *asha86Couple
over a year ago

walsall

High op a good friend of mine has asperger's and is part of the scene and over the last 10 years has lost both parents and his home and his car and had to start again from scratch. He now lives in a flat and has a car again but suffers with depression. His neighbour's above him play loud music and bang constantly and when he does it back he gets complaints as the 2 tenants upstairs are friends. He now uses earphones to watch the tv and listen to the radio to

A) stop the complaints

B) to drown out their noise

I havent been to see him for a few months now and feel really bad but whem you have a family of your own it kind of takes priority. He literally goes to work and goes home and thats it i do try and take him out when i can and ive invited him over on many occasions but declines. I worry for him sometimes and wish i could do more

over a year ago

"High op a good friend of mine has asperger's and is part of the scene and over the last 10 years has lost both parents and his home and his car and had to start again from scratch. He now lives in a flat and has a car again but suffers with depression. His neighbour's above him play loud music and bang constantly and when he does it back he gets complaints as the 2 tenants upstairs are friends. He now uses earphones to watch the tv and listen to the radio to

A) stop the complaints

B) to drown out their noise

I havent been to see him for a few months now and feel really bad but whem you have a family of your own it kind of takes priority. He literally goes to work and goes home and thats it i do try and take him out when i can and ive invited him over on many occasions but declines. I worry for him sometimes and wish i could do more "

Oh dear. That is not good. I do hope your friend is ok as it looks like he maybe trapped in that situation he's in.

over a year ago

I have aspergers too and your opening post is very, and painfully, familiar. Life's good now by its been a struggle to get here. I'm very pleased you have found good friends x

over a year ago

There have been times where I would forget my worth due to these minor depressions I get but my friends have always been there to help me find it again."

That’s good to hear..

I think at times we all forget how hard life can be for others...x

By *ibblingnewtWoman
over a year ago

by the sea

We hear you op, most people have incredibly low points in our lives at some points

You probably reflect on that and think of it as a weakness but please don’t be too hard on yourself, we have a lot of trauma after really bad experiences, try to understand that it was a call for help, everyone has heard those words but none are truer

Get help, don’t push people away that are close to you, find ways to feel comfortable as you can and don’t do things that put you under pressure

Support groups can be worth a try

My closest has had those bad days and things do go up and down but I’m sure lighter days are always around the corner for people that find it more difficult than others

over a year ago

"I have aspergers too and your opening post is very, and painfully, familiar. Life's good now by its been a struggle to get here. I'm very pleased you have found good friends x"

Thanks. Yeah I'm glad to have friends who have helped me go from strength to strength to be where I am now.

over a year ago

"We hear you op, most people have incredibly low points in our lives at some points

You probably reflect on that and think of it as a weakness but please don’t be too hard on yourself, we have a lot of trauma after really bad experiences, try to understand that it was a call for help, everyone has heard those words but none are truer

Get help, don’t push people away that are close to you, find ways to feel comfortable as you can and don’t do things that put you under pressure

Support groups can be worth a try

My closest has had those bad days and things do go up and down but I’m sure lighter days are always around the corner for people that find it more difficult than others "

I appreciate the helpful advice.

I would never push people away as I know they want to help and make sure I'm ok which I'm always grateful for. I do my best to keep myself occupied with positive things and avoid things that would cause stress.

Post new Message to Thread