Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Antibacterial Hand Soap

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Am I the only one who is really disappointed if using someone's toilet and they have no hand soap or no antibacterial soap? Who thinks I'm being obsessive? I absolutely cringe when using a toilet and find that I have to search around to find soap like shower wash in the shower. Oh and let's not get started on the soggy mushy bar of soap or dry with cracks full of black dirt which I am not certain is better than no soap at all. So what is the standard, people? Should every accommodating fabber have antibacterial soap? Or am I suffering from OCD?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think insisting on antibacterial is a bit much but every bathroom should have hand soap of some sort in my opinion.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

"Am I the only one who is really disappointed if using someone's toilet and they have no hand soap or no antibacterial soap? Who thinks I'm being obsessive? I absolutely cringe when using a toilet and find that I have to search around to find soap like shower wash in the shower. Oh and let's not get started on the soggy mushy bar of soap or dry with cracks full of black dirt which I am not certain is better than no soap at all. So what is the standard, people? Should every accommodating fabber have antibacterial soap? Or am I suffering from OCD? "

No you're not the only one. It's mingeing not to be able to wash your hands properly. And then you realise that if you can't, they can't either ... unless they use shower gel or shampoo each time which seems unlikely ....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I bet you'd wash your hands thoroughly then put your willie in a dirty bum. Not mine, though. I clean mine thoroughly.

Hygeine is a funny thing. Kitchens are generally filthier than bathrooms. My ass is probably cleaner than my chopping board. And more people have eaten off my ass.

over a year ago

i have those hand soap pump types - colour matching the appropriate rooms - and clean towels - dont like grubby towels

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/09/17 13:08:07]

By *itofamouthfullMan
over a year ago

here and there

No soap and no towels! That really grinds my nuts!

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

Swarfega and a Brillo pad. Job done

over a year ago

"Am I the only one who is really disappointed if using someone's toilet and they have no hand soap or no antibacterial soap? Who thinks I'm being obsessive? I absolutely cringe when using a toilet and find that I have to search around to find soap like shower wash in the shower. Oh and let's not get started on the soggy mushy bar of soap or dry with cracks full of black dirt which I am not certain is better than no soap at all. So what is the standard, people? Should every accommodating fabber have antibacterial soap? Or am I suffering from OCD?

No you're not the only one. It's mingeing not to be able to wash your hands properly. And then you realise that if you can't, they can't either ... unless they use shower gel or shampoo each time which seems unlikely ...."

Lol yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I go further to wash my bits and face after meets at the least and I know I'm extreme just a little but I feel cleaner. Unless it's someone I'm really close to and I know they're hygienic then I want their scents and essence on me longer mmm.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's a bit dirty when there's no soap I agree. I have a lovely flavour anti bac handwash at the moment.

OP do you mean you wash your face and bits while you're at someone's house after you've had sex?

over a year ago

"It's a bit dirty when there's no soap I agree. I have a lovely flavour anti bac handwash at the moment.

OP do you mean you wash your face and bits while you're at someone's house after you've had sex? "

Yeah, not immediately after like I'm in a hurry to wash off but before I leave, especially if I've been devouring her heavenly white wine with my face in her fruity punchbowl

over a year ago

"It's a bit dirty when there's no soap I agree. I have a lovely flavour anti bac handwash at the moment.

OP do you mean you wash your face and bits while you're at someone's house after you've had sex? "

COKE FLAVOUR ANTI-BAC HANDWASH!! omg I have got to have it!

By *ondon-guy68Man
over a year ago

London

OP do you mean you wash your face and bits while you're at someone's house after you've had sex?

Yeah, not immediately after like I'm in a hurry to wash off but before I leave, especially if I've been devouring her heavenly white wine with my face in her fruity punchbowl "

Does that mean licking her fanny or having a post sex alcoholic beverage?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I have to have antibacterial hand wash. Failing that, alcohol hand rub is my best friend. Can't get out of bed without it. It's in my car, handbag, on my desk so I suppose I would always have that as a backup plan.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Yeah, not immediately after like I'm in a hurry to wash off but before I leave, especially if I've been devouring her heavenly white wine with my face in her fruity punchbowl "

That's alright then, I'd be offended if someone wanted to have a wash straight afterwards!!!

It's from Aldi btw

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Am I the only one who is really disappointed if using someone's toilet and they have no hand soap or no antibacterial soap? Who thinks I'm being obsessive? I absolutely cringe when using a toilet and find that I have to search around to find soap like shower wash in the shower. Oh and let's not get started on the soggy mushy bar of soap or dry with cracks full of black dirt which I am not certain is better than no soap at all. So what is the standard, people? Should every accommodating fabber have antibacterial soap? Or am I suffering from OCD? "

That's a reasonable part of hygiene. My advice...use the bathroom the minute you get there...no soap no getting dirty with that person

Madame Boo

over a year ago

Antibacterial hand wash has to.be in contact with your skin for at least 30 seconds to work. Who actually washes their hands for a full 30 seconds

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Yes but I generally don't keep a hand towel. If the person before hasn't washed theirs properly but uses the towel then the towel is now yukky with germs I can't see.

Wash and shake em dry.

over a year ago

Always have antibacterial soap and have gel in my bag.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Antibacterial hand wash has to.be in contact with your skin for at least 30 seconds to work. Who actually washes their hands for a full 30 seconds"

Me, and probably longer.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

They say your hands normally have more bacteria on them than a penis or vagina. So in theory, you should wash your hands before going to the toilet.

Or, rather than shaking hands on first meeting, a cock shake or muff rub is the safer option!

over a year ago

Bars of soap, liquid soap, hand towels and hand cream in all my bathrooms. It's just wrong not to have them!! I hate stiggy people

over a year ago

I tend to bring anti bac gel where ever I go. Just as a standard.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

How on earth did humanity manage to get this far without anti bacterial potions? Its a conundrum, to be sure.

over a year ago

Lol, don't depend on it but to wipe down a toilet seat, or after a hard day in the garden - need it!

over a year ago

I don't really like anti-bacterial products, but my hand wash is I've noticed. I just liked the smell.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"How on earth did humanity manage to get this far without anti bacterial potions? Its a conundrum, to be sure."

They aren't necessary. In the US they've ruled anti-bac is no more effective than regular soap in household use. And more worryingly it can just lead to resistant bacteria that is very hard to kill off.

Just keep clean, and lose the stressing ocd stuf.

MrB

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Antibacterial hand wash has to.be in contact with your skin for at least 30 seconds to work. Who actually washes their hands for a full 30 seconds"

I do. I wash my hand before a meet and after , I also carry hand sanitizer in my kit bags and baby wipes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"How on earth did humanity manage to get this far without anti bacterial potions? Its a conundrum, to be sure."

I think advertising has a lot to answer for. You can't sell all these cleaning products if people aren't afraid of germs.

I do think washing hands after using the toilet is necessary though.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Yes but I generally don't keep a hand towel. If the person before hasn't washed theirs properly but uses the towel then the towel is now yukky with germs I can't see.

Wash and shake em dry."

Yes towels are the dirtiest things ever, holding all those germs! Yuk!

over a year ago

It's the people on public toilets who go straight out the cynical after taking a dump without washing their hands that get me. And why are toilet doors 9/10 times pull to exit. Bloody annoying

over a year ago

Antibacterial soap is excessive. You do need germs to keep your immune system active. Small amounts that is.

Soap is just effective, it doesn't kill the germs but they get washed away.

over a year ago

"It's the people on public toilets who go straight out the cynical after taking a dump without washing their hands that get me. And why are toilet doors 9/10 times pull to exit. Bloody annoying "
*cubical not cynical

over a year ago

Didn't they conclude that antibacterial soap isn't actually any different from just thoroughly washing your hands!?

Also, who doesn't have hand soap!?

over a year ago

Careful with those pump soap dispensers, I've got a tendency to pump them slightly too hard shooting soap over my groin... and we all know what that looks like then

over a year ago

I love hand sanitizer what you just rub in and it drys. Got it everywhere

over a year ago

"Careful with those pump soap dispensers, I've got a tendency to pump them slightly too hard shooting soap over my groin... and we all know what that looks like then "

Haha! I've done this!

over a year ago

I also don't like it when people handle money then dont wash their hands. Coinage you never know where it has been, people putting them in their mouths, etc. As for cash, that is filthy. Half of the cash out there probably has traces of cocaine on it.

over a year ago

"I bet you'd wash your hands thoroughly then put your willie in a dirty bum. Not mine, though. I clean mine thoroughly.

Hygeine is a funny thing. Kitchens are generally filthier than bathrooms. My ass is probably cleaner than my chopping board. And more people have eaten off my ass."

Why would people not have squirty soap in the bathroom/ toilet?

over a year ago

"They say your hands normally have more bacteria on them than a penis or vagina. So in theory, you should wash your hands before going to the toilet.

Or, rather than shaking hands on first meeting, a cock shake or muff rub is the safer option!

"

I'm in

over a year ago

"It's the people on public toilets who go straight out the cynical after taking a dump without washing their hands that get me. And why are toilet doors 9/10 times pull to exit. Bloody annoying "

A deep roaring YEESSS! I HATE having to touch toilet doors after washing my hands especially knowing that many people leave the toilet without washing their paws. I also HATE faucets that require me to touch them to shut them off arrgh. I wash my hands before and after using the toilet. There are germs everywhere... Nasty little germs... Kill them.. KILL them ALL!

over a year ago

I don't have antibacterial soap in my bathroom but I always made sure there was fresh soap for the former FWB to wash his hands and shower gel when he started having showers. I don't host other people so I don't need to bother now. I have found that very often I haven't been offered the opportunity to use the bathroom at men's houses. I particularly dislike house shares for this reason, one time the guy said he wasn't supposed to have women back, I was busting for a piss. He wondered why when I told him he wasn't for me for regular. He wasn't on Fab but another site I am on. XXX

over a year ago

I've just got hot water and towels, I ain't died yet

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"They say your hands normally have more bacteria on them than a penis or vagina. So in theory, you should wash your hands before going to the toilet.

I'm in "

Look forward to meeting you lol

over a year ago

"I don't have antibacterial soap in my bathroom but I always made sure there was fresh soap for the former FWB to wash his hands and shower gel when he started having showers. I don't host other people so I don't need to bother now. I have found that very often I haven't been offered the opportunity to use the bathroom at men's houses. I particularly dislike house shares for this reason, one time the guy said he wasn't supposed to have women back, I was busting for a piss. He wondered why when I told him he wasn't for me for regular. He wasn't on Fab but another site I am on. XXX"

Why wasn't he for you for a regular meet?

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"It's the people on public toilets who go straight out the cynical after taking a dump without washing their hands that get me. And why are toilet doors 9/10 times pull to exit. Bloody annoying

A deep roaring YEESSS! I HATE having to touch toilet doors after washing my hands especially knowing that many people leave the toilet without washing their paws. I also HATE faucets that require me to touch them to shut them off arrgh. I wash my hands before and after using the toilet. There are germs everywhere... Nasty little germs... Kill them.. KILL them ALL! "

I open toilet doors, cubicle and main door with paper covering my hands. My kids do that when we're out to

over a year ago

Those with pets, do you wash your hands after you've touched your pets?

over a year ago

You've tasted your soap?

over a year ago

"How on earth did humanity manage to get this far without anti bacterial potions? Its a conundrum, to be sure.

They aren't necessary. In the US they've ruled anti-bac is no more effective than regular soap in household use. And more worryingly it can just lead to resistant bacteria that is very hard to kill off.

MrB"

Saves me stating something similar.

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

They kill 99% of know germs,now what are you going to do about the 1%,the real mean fuckers...sod all...and your still here telling the tale.

over a year ago

I can't live without flushable toilet tissues

There like we ones

over a year ago

"Lol, don't depend on it but to wipe down a toilet seat, or after a hard day in the garden - need it!"

Why? Hand sanitizer does not work on dirty hands.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Those with pets, do you wash your hands after you've touched your pets?"

Yes I do.

over a year ago

Who actually washes their hands every single time though!?

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Ordinary soap kills nearly all the bacteria it comes into contact with by breaking down the cell membrane.

According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there isn’t enough science to show that over-the-counter antibacterial soaps are better at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water. To date, the benefits of using antibacterial hand soap haven’t been proven. In addition, the wide use of these products over a long time has raised the question of potential negative effects on health.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We keep a rancid cat in the bathroom to lick our hands clean then dry our hands on a dead racoon.

Yeeeeehaaawww

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I can't live without flushable toilet tissues

There like we ones

"

Unfortunately they don't degrade like ordinary toilet paper, and cause havoc with the sewers.

over a year ago

No I'm a species called human who's managed to interact with nature for oooo 250,000 years without dying from it

over a year ago

"Didn't they conclude that antibacterial soap isn't actually any different from just thoroughly washing your hands!? Yup

Also, who doesn't have hand soap!? "

over a year ago

You get Wrights Coal Tar soap in my bathroom (I love the smell) and lump it.

over a year ago

"Those with pets, do you wash your hands after you've touched your pets?.

No I'm a species called human who's managed to interact with nature for oooo 250,000 years without dying from it "

I think some are a bit OCD about a germs and dirt

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

when we were kids back in the Stoneage and lived in houses without central heating we bathed once a week. What's more it was eldest kid in first younger kids after in the same bath water. I'm still standing.

Don't get obsessed with cleanliness just maintain basic good standards and don't do anything daft like not wash your hands after handling raw meat or using the loo.

over a year ago

"Am I the only one who is really disappointed if using someone's toilet and they have no hand soap or no antibacterial soap? Who thinks I'm being obsessive? I absolutely cringe when using a toilet and find that I have to search around to find soap like shower wash in the shower. Oh and let's not get started on the soggy mushy bar of soap or dry with cracks full of black dirt which I am not certain is better than no soap at all. So what is the standard, people? Should every accommodating fabber have antibacterial soap? Or am I suffering from OCD?

We keep a rancid cat in the bathroom to lick our hands clean then dry our hands on a dead racoon.

Yeeeeehaaawww"

HAHAHAHA You damn fool lol

over a year ago

People talking about we lived for ages without modern hygiene.... Yeah and we died younger from simple preventable diseases and infections too and smelled like you don't want to know. Let's all just go bareback then since we have for millennia lol. All fabbers must have soap, soap, lots of soap... sudsy, lathery, foamy, fragrant, bubbly, zesty soap. Dettol bars are great. Yeah, I'm obsessed with soap.

over a year ago

"People talking about we lived for ages without modern hygiene.... Yeah and we died younger from simple preventable diseases and infections too and smelled like you don't want to know. Let's all just go bareback then since we have for millennia lol. All fabbers must have soap, soap, lots of soap... sudsy, lathery, foamy, fragrant, bubbly, zesty soap. Dettol bars are great. Yeah, I'm obsessed with soap. "

Do you suffer with any allergies? Asthma? Hayfever?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"People talking about we lived for ages without modern hygiene.... Yeah and we died younger from simple preventable diseases and infections too and smelled like you don't want to know. Let's all just go bareback then since we have for millennia lol. All fabbers must have soap, soap, lots of soap... sudsy, lathery, foamy, fragrant, bubbly, zesty soap. Dettol bars are great. Yeah, I'm obsessed with soap. "

I get through a LOT of bubble bath. I have no problem with soap. However all the reliance on anti-bacterial this and that just means the bacteria learn to get meaner.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Nobody is suggesting that we abandon soap altogether.

By *octor DeleriumMan
over a year ago

Bristol

Aaaaaaargh; this is worse than going into public lavatory and realising how many people leave without washing their hands.

I must have some kind of OCD, I wash my hands and use the paper towel to open the door.

By *octor DeleriumMan
over a year ago

Bristol

"I have to have antibacterial hand wash. Failing that, alcohol hand rub is my best friend. Can't get out of bed without it. It's in my car, handbag, on my desk so I suppose I would always have that as a backup plan. "

You will be surprised by the number of psychiatric out patients, and wards, that restrict access to this; far too tempting for the alcoholics .......

Dr Nasty

over a year ago

"People talking about we lived for ages without modern hygiene.... Yeah and we died younger from simple preventable diseases and infections too and smelled like you don't want to know. Let's all just go bareback then since we have for millennia lol. All fabbers must have soap, soap, lots of soap... sudsy, lathery, foamy, fragrant, bubbly, zesty soap. Dettol bars are great. Yeah, I'm obsessed with soap.

I get through a LOT of bubble bath. I have no problem with soap. However all the reliance on anti-bacterial this and that just means the bacteria learn to get meaner."

Oooh Bubble bath! Yeah it doesn't have to be a very harsh one like alcohol for me, just a good soap.

over a year ago

"Aaaaaaargh; this is worse than going into public lavatory and realising how many people leave without washing their hands.

I must have some kind of OCD, I wash my hands and use the paper towel to open the door.

"

I thought I was the only one who did that! But I'll make sure not to touch the dispenser if it has an arm or lever otherwise ill wash my hands even after that and I'll never use the paper that is exposed from the last user. I'll rip that one off and use the fresh one underneath but it's all just inescapable. I personally think that wash-up sinks and soap should be in each cubicle so you can wash your hands before touching your clothes. Gosh, I need help. Should have never watched videos on germs.

over a year ago

Got a choice of fast-acting antibac or yummy-smelling strawberry handwash in mine.

I usually make sure there's no triclosan in the antibac ingredients though. Nasty stuff, apparently.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm a bit against antibacterial soaps and liquid soaps which are a rip off.

I'd expect some bathroom soap, rather than calling for help and someone finding me some sheep dip or other unsavory cleansing aid. And clean towels please.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Unless you clean the taps and door handles it's pretty pointless washing your hands.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I can't live without flushable toilet tissues

There like we ones

"

Only they are not flushable, ask any sewer worker.

over a year ago

We didn't die from not having soap though... Do you have any idea how many people in the world don't have soap and don't die from it?.

Portable water yes, how water yes, sanitation, yes... Soap no, sure it helps break down bacteria but your body is utterly covered in bacteria, most of which is bloody good for you, smelly, well that's subjective, I find over perfumed people extremely annoying on my nose

over a year ago

"How on earth did humanity manage to get this far without anti bacterial potions? Its a conundrum, to be sure.

MrB"

This is so true, antibac stuff does nothing to help. And alcohol gels/sanitisers give false assurance, the bugs you really want to get rid of are not killed by these products. Just wash with plain ordinary soap, bars are no worse than pumps

over a year ago

This is why I joined fab . I missed talking about antibacterial hand wash

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

How do peeps feel about using public toilets?

The best public toilet I visited was January this year at Barbados Airport, no main entrance doors, only door was the cubicle, self flushing toilets so once the toilet tissue hit the bowl it flushed, automatic hand wash and automatic taps so no touching. Think I 'went' 3 times it was so good lol.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"i have those hand soap pump types - colour matching the appropriate rooms - and clean towels - dont like grubby towels "

You too huh!

Told the other half off for putting the cream handwash and towels in the green bathroom and the green handwash and towels in the cream bathroom.

Think he said "get a life!" but when I asked him what he said his response was "nothing dear".

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

A bit of bacteria never hurt anyone....

over a year ago

"You get Wrights Coal Tar soap in my bathroom (I love the smell) and lump it. "

Love the smell of coal tar soap it smells clean

Post new Message to Thread