Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The art of conversation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Are we losing it?

There's so many ways of communicating now that don't involve actually speaking do you think its affecting us negatively?

We've all seen how written text can be misinterpreted.

Are you like me and like to chat? I like to hear the tone of voice or subtle changes as the conversation maybe gets a bit flirty. I think you can get to know someone better that way.

Do you talk to someone before meeting or rely on text only to gauge them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Are we losing it?

There's so many ways of communicating now that don't involve actually speaking do you think its affecting us negatively?

Are you like me and like to chat? I like to hear the tone of voice or subtle changes as the conversation maybe gets a bit flirty. I think you can get to know someone better that way.

"

over a year ago

"Are we losing it?

"

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Agree with you totally OP

I would be more than happy to actually chat to someone rather than all the Web based communication.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i used to do fuck and go, learned to enjoy that being filled with big cock felt good. it got boring though, i'm used to good sex and cumming on a guys dick so now i have to talk to guys, they need to get into my head to turn me on coz most are likely to turn me off tbh.

over a year ago

"i used to do fuck and go, learned to enjoy that being filled with big cock felt good. it got boring though, i'm used to good sex and cumming on a guys dick so now i have to talk to guys, they need to get into my head to turn me on coz most are likely to turn me off tbh."

Yeah the whole purely physical things doesn't do it for me!

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I like conversations but it needs practice. It can also help if you see the face slap coming and can step back quickly

over a year ago

"I like conversations but it needs practice. It can also help if you see the face slap coming and can step back quickly "

Ah. A virtual face slap is no where near as satisfying.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"I like conversations but it needs practice. It can also help if you see the face slap coming and can step back quickly

Ah. A virtual face slap is no where near as satisfying. "

True, but I know you still like to

over a year ago

Couldnt agree more OP, been saying it for years and I think technology and social media are entirely to blame.

Wasn't that long ago you had to approach someone in person to be shot down in flames.

over a year ago

"I like conversations but it needs practice. It can also help if you see the face slap coming and can step back quickly

Ah. A virtual face slap is no where near as satisfying.

True, but I know you still like to "

over a year ago

"Couldnt agree more OP, been saying it for years and I think technology and social media are entirely to blame.

Wasn't that long ago you had to approach someone in person to be shot down in flames. "

Ha! Maybe its why guys get a bad rep on here. The ones who approach women in a cockish manner used to be the ones who hung around the dancefloor trying to rub their cock against you as you walked past-now they have a way to actually make words

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

I feel that talking is dying.

So many people are terrified of the idea of talking to anyone at all, much less the idea of picking up the phone and speaking to someone you have exchanged a few messages with online.

I've seen friends of mine email a restaurant to book a table rather than call them. The irony is, they usually use their phone to do it.

Actually speaking is pretty much vital for me. I think both of you want to know whether the person you've been messaging is the samewhen you speak to them in person. Speaking is a million times faster than messaging and better conveys empathy and humour than messaging via text..

I usually offer to speak to people on the phone after a handful of messages and most people tend to agree that it's the better way of doing things..

(Maybe some don't, but at least you don't incur the potential for prolonged messaging people who are not what they say, or have no intention of taking things further)

over a year ago

"I feel that talking is dying.

So many people are terrified of the idea of talking to anyone at all, much less the idea of picking up the phone and speaking to someone you have exchanged a few messages with online.

I've seen friends of mine email a restaurant to book a table rather than call them. The irony is, they usually use their phone to do it.

Actually speaking is pretty much vital for me. I think both of you want to know whether the person you've been messaging is the samewhen you speak to them in person. Speaking is a million times faster than messaging and better conveys empathy and humour than messaging via text..

I usually offer to speak to people on the phone after a handful of messages and most people tend to agree that it's the better way of doing things..

(Maybe some don't, but at least you don't incur the potential for prolonged messaging people who are not what they say, or have no intention of taking things further)

"

Yeah im the same. I think you can (mostly) tellhow genuine someone is when talking with them.

In the fab sense I like to chat to make sure we have more than just a physical attraction, I need to know it wont just be an awkward silence after shagging!

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

Yeah im the same. I think you can (mostly) tellhow genuine someone is when talking with them.

In the fab sense I like to chat to make sure we have more than just a physical attraction, I need to know it wont just be an awkward silence after shagging! "

If it isn't someone you know well enough to have a cup of tea with you probably shouldn't have done it..

over a year ago

"Couldnt agree more OP, been saying it for years and I think technology and social media are entirely to blame.

Wasn't that long ago you had to approach someone in person to be shot down in flames.

Ha! Maybe its why guys get a bad rep on here. The ones who approach women in a cockish manner used to be the ones who hung around the dancefloor trying to rub their cock against you as you walked past-now they have a way to actually make words "

Haha I think we've all done that? Havnt we? Maybe? Guys?

I think it's those guys who are the ones now dishing out abuse when they don't get a response/a no thanks.

over a year ago

In the fab sense I like to chat to make sure we have more than just a physical attraction, I need to know it wont just be an awkward silence after shagging!

If it isn't someone you know well enough to have a cup of tea with you probably shouldn't have done it.."

oops

over a year ago

Ha! Maybe its why guys get a bad rep on here. The ones who approach women in a cockish manner used to be the ones who hung around the dancefloor trying to rub their cock against you as you walked past-now they have a way to actually make words

Haha I think we've all done that? Havnt we? Maybe? Guys?

I think it's those guys who are the ones now dishing out abuse when they don't get a response/a no thanks.

"

Exactly!

By *aelawMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Alas it does seem to be true. Mind you, there are still those who like to get to know people especially before anything physical. I am one of those people and always have been. Mainly due to the requirement to connect when someone first. Don't get me wrong, I've made one or two mistakes along the way when or was first coming to terms with my sexuality but luckily managed to get myself out of that.

Anyway, heading off track there. I think the forum is a good place to learn about people and make some decent connections no matter the dynamic. I always describe body language and situations to avoid situations of being picked up wrong but, alas, if happened only yesterday so it is going to happen no matter what.

I say if convo is dying we must revive it! *punches the air awkwardly*

over a year ago

ive noticed due to hashtags etc were moving to a more direct way of speaking.

Post new Message to Thread