Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If there was a pill...

Jump to newest

By *wesomeSauce! OP   Man
over a year ago

Brighton

So, the ratio of Men to Women on this site is simply due to Men wanting or needing sex more than Women.

Some will disagree - pretty much every Man wants sex all the time, Women not so much.

So...back to the thread. IF there was a pill that could reduce a Man's need for sex to that of a Woman - what would happen?

As a man - would you take it?

As a Woman - would you like Men to take it?

What would it do to this site and online dating?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think the ratio of men to women is governed by how much sex they want. I just think more men know about the site than women.

Also a lot of women could join and be overwhelmed by the messages they get before they've even set their profile up properly so they end up deleting their accounts.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

I think you may need to go back and check your research . Clearly not a randomised controlled trial

over a year ago

Brighton

It's not just here though. Even match.com has the same issue.

over a year ago

No I'm quite happy being bisexual ....

Never a shortage of willing options...

over a year ago

Rebecca wants sex more than me

over a year ago

Brighton

"I think you may need to go back and check your research . Clearly not a randomised controlled trial "

I am drawing some conclusions - I might be wrong. It seems that in society, men do far more chasing.

All online dating sites suffer from women getting far more mail than men. Why else could this be true?

over a year ago

Brighton

"No I'm quite happy being bisexual ....

Never a shortage of willing options... "

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

I think ladies want sex just as much as men. Sometimes more.

The real difference is that ladies know exactly what they want and definitely what they don't want.

However men, when desperate, just want a hole to fuck. Any hole.

over a year ago

Brighton

"Rebecca wants sex more than me"

My partner wants it as much as me, and that is a lot.

I think in general, in a relationship, the rules change.

When we are single, however...

over a year ago

Brighton

"I think ladies want sex just as much as men. Sometimes more.

The real difference is that ladies know exactly what they want and definitely what they don't want.

However men, when desperate, just want a hole to fuck. Any hole."

That's my point. Men get far more desperate.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I think you may need to go back and check your research . Clearly not a randomised controlled trial

I am drawing some conclusions - I might be wrong. It seems that in society, men do far more chasing.

All online dating sites suffer from women getting far more mail than men. Why else could this be true?"

Less women on them, sex drive is different for all men and women. There are some ladies who can't find one man able to satisfy their needs

over a year ago

"I think ladies want sex just as much as men. Sometimes more.

However men, when desperate, just want a hole to fuck. Any hole."

Nail on head

over a year ago

I don't think its about how much sex they want.

There's a social stigma over women actively looking for sex. Girls don't tend to go sharing with their friends Theyre on here so news of the site doesn't get around.

There's also the online thing-women tend to get bombarded with mail so they leave.

It takes a bit of confidence to be on a site like this.

over a year ago

I think fab is exceptionally intimidating for single females and I have a lot of friends who have joined and left within a week as the millions of messages and abuse they received for not meeting was obscene.

There are easier ways for a woman to get sex than fab

over a year ago

Brighton

"I think you may need to go back and check your research . Clearly not a randomised controlled trial

All online dating sites suffer from women getting far more mail than men. Why else could this be true?

Less women on them, sex drive is different for all men and women. There are some ladies who can't find one man able to satisfy their needs "

Absolutely. I am talking in general, across the whole population.

There are many Women that could kick my ass in a fight, but few would disagree that Men, in general, are physically stronger Women.

over a year ago

I reckon if men stared at a picture of Ann Widdecombe for twenty minutes a day, it'd decrease libido.

over a year ago

"I reckon if men stared at a picture of Ann Widdecombe for twenty minutes a day, it'd decrease libido. "

Might put her as my phone wallpaper in that case....

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I think fab is exceptionally intimidating for single females and I have a lot of friends who have joined and left within a week as the millions of messages and abuse they received for not meeting was obscene.

There are easier ways for a woman to get sex than fab"

They can control the number of messages it really isn't that difficult if they are prepared to do it

over a year ago

I think things are perfectly fine the way they are.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"So, the ratio of Men to Women on this site is simply due to Men wanting or needing sex more than Women.

Some will disagree - pretty much every Man wants sex all the time, Women not so much.

So...back to the thread. IF there was a pill that could reduce a Man's need for sex to that of a Woman - what would happen?

"

Hi op!

Firstly - if you think all met have high sex drives then you've not met my long term exes

Secondly- if you think all women Don't have high sex drives - you've not met me!!

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Less women on them, sex drive is different for all men and women. There are some ladies who can't find one man able to satisfy their needs

There are many Women that could kick my ass in a fight, but few would disagree that Men, in general, are physically stronger Women."

Ok let me tell you how it is for me, if I don't want sex with someone I'm in a relationship with, then the relationship is over. Something has changed it's bugger all to do with sex drive. I love sex so much so I'm messing around with my body this month so I can have sex with the man I want to be with

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

No pills necessary.

At our Women's College of Sexual Awareness, we successfully teach women to let go of all their sexual inhibitions and enjoy the wild abandon of sex with men and women. We have a few places left for the new term.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"No pills necessary.

At our Women's College of Sexual Awareness, we successfully teach women to let go of all their sexual inhibitions and enjoy the wild abandon of sex with men and women. We have a few places left for the new term. "

I think I've already graduated

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

No I wouldn't take it but if there was a male contraceptive pill (which there will be very very soon) then I would take that. Unfair women have to take the pill and buy tampons!

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"No pills necessary.

At our Women's College of Sexual Awareness, we successfully teach women to let go of all their sexual inhibitions and enjoy the wild abandon of sex with men and women. We have a few places left for the new term.

I think I've already graduated "

We do a post-grad course too....

over a year ago

There are many Women that could kick my ass in a fight, but few would disagree that Men, in general, are physically stronger Women."

Physically stronger? Aye?

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

over a year ago

"No I wouldn't take it but if there was a male contraceptive pill (which there will be very very soon) then I would take that. Unfair women have to take the pill and buy tampons!"

That's why the coil is a god send. Gets rid of the need for both

By *ussexcouple40Couple
over a year ago

Sussex

It has nothing to do with how much sex they want.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"No pills necessary.

I think I've already graduated

We do a post-grad course too.... "

I'm currently undertaking that course with my white knight

over a year ago

Brighton

"No pills necessary.

At our Women's College of Sexual Awareness, we successfully teach women to let go of all their sexual inhibitions and enjoy the wild abandon of sex with men and women. We have a few places left for the new term. "

Result!

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

the ratio of men is high coz men are more likely to seek out the easiest/laziest way to get a fuck.

it's why they often have no profiles, just a dick pic, and always ask women how to get laid instead of working out for themselves what women want by observing and listening to us for periods of time.

over a year ago

Brighton

There are many Women that could kick my ass in a fight, but few would disagree that Men, in general, are physically stronger Women.

Physically stronger? Aye?

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?

"

An illustration on how generalisations work.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Perhaps a little over cynical and maybe more a function of the ratio of men to women rather than an indication of need for sex or desperation to "get ones hole"

The need for sex that urge to just fuck and be fucked is I suggest as strong in both men and women sometimes a mere physical urge to connect and just feel. And despite impressions it is usually the female who has ultimate control of any situation. Put simply no means no.

It also seems from reading many threads that perhaps we are not dissimilar both genders here regularly claim the need for something more than just friction both state the need for some connection beyond that urge to fuck and run and both regularly write in the forums of seeking something that transcends the just a fuck approach to sex.

Perhaps that's the real difficulty the unbalanced numbers and the deep seated need to feel something more. Maybe that's the way we are all genetically programmed.

Perhaps it alwsys starts in the mind ...its our biggest sex organ...it drives dreams hope fantasy a connection that is always the starting point for even the most transient meet fuck go and yet also that place of inner self where desires are born and then race through our bodies as fast as our minds.

Chemical constraints the reduction of self other than for necessary medical reasons... no thanks...any unnecessary chemical use that changes who we are is as much a falsehood as pretending to be someone other than who we are.

I'm already complicated enough... aren't we all without chemically induced change that redefines us in a way that makes us less real..

Wanders back into man cave and wonders if I'm just not evolved enough yet...

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Gross generalization alert! Men think about sex all the time but don't actually want it... They talk about a high sex drive, but for most once they've had sex the drive is satisfied and their libido droops (pun intended), whereas women with a high sex drive will maintain that drive after sex.

To put it quite simply, the more sex I have, the hornier I get!

The inverse is also sadly true though... Use it or lose it... The longer I go without sex or sexual stimulation the less drive I have.

Something guys need to remember maybe... No point texting an old meet out of the blue looking to rekindle a fire... If you haven't at least been stoking the embers, chances are its gone out

over a year ago

"the ratio of men is high coz men are more likely to seek out the easiest/laziest way to get a fuck.

it's why they often have no profiles, just a dick pic, and always ask women how to get laid instead of working out for themselves what women want by observing and listening to us for periods of time."

Thats pretty damn accurate.

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

"Gross generalization alert! Men think about sex all the time but don't actually want it... They talk about a high sex drive, but for most once they've had sex the drive is satisfied and their libido droops (pun intended), whereas women with a high sex drive will maintain that drive after sex.

To put it quite simply, the more sex I have, the hornier I get!

The inverse is also sadly true though... Use it or lose it... The longer I go without sex or sexual stimulation the less drive I have.

Something guys need to remember maybe... No point texting an old meet out of the blue looking to rekindle a fire... If you haven't at least been stoking the embers, chances are its gone out "

i think i agree with this too.

and to add:a lot of men make no effort to have sex, they're happy with shit sex and will cum easily. women need good sex and so are fussier.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

You're in Cuckoo land op,

Your use of generalisation is up there in the top ten fab posts ever.

Sounds like it's your experience that you're talking about, if it is you need to ask yourself why a gf has lost her sex drive.

Working a full day and then coming home to a bf that thinks his day is over while she starts cleaning, cooking, ironing, getting kids stuff ready for school etc etc isn't going to put her in the mood when you come to bed and touch her while she's exhausted and you expect a quicky

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"So, the ratio of Men to Women on this site is simply due to Men wanting or needing sex more than Women.

"

It's not about needing sex per se, it's more about wanting sex with random strangers. More men want that than women, more women want lots of sex with the same person! I could be having 10x more sex if I was in a good relationship, I'd far rather have it on tap!

over a year ago

Brighton

"Perhaps a little over cynical and maybe more a function of the ratio of men to women rather than an indication of need for sex or desperation to "get ones hole"

The need for sex that urge to just fuck and be fucked is I suggest as strong in both men and women sometimes a mere physical urge to connect and just feel. And despite impressions it is usually the female who has ultimate control of any situation. Put simply no means no.

"

True. But this the symptom, not the root cause.

Why do women say no more than men?

There is an evolutionary reason...

over a year ago

Brighton

It's not about needing sex per se, it's more about wanting sex with random strangers. More men want that than women, more women want lots of sex with the same person! I could be having 10x more sex if I was in a good relationship, I'd far rather have it on tap! "

Ooohh. Good one. I hadn't thought of that!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

All online dating sites suffer from women getting far more mail than men. Why else could this be true?"

Just because they chase more does not mean they want more - it is just more 'expected' that women entice and men chase, socially programmed certainly, innate maybe. And women often want relationships even more than sex, so they frequently hold out for that.

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

My libido was at its lowest when I was married with young kids. I was quite simply exhausted and resentful. I was bored rigid. My kids grew up, I asked ex to leave and my libido was re-ignited. I can't get enough

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

"Perhaps a little over cynical and maybe more a function of the ratio of men to women rather than an indication of need for sex or desperation to "get ones hole"

There is an evolutionary reason..."

I say no if I don't fancy someone, I say no if someone has been a twat to me. My buzzy friend is my standby not some random guy who may be a two pumps and done man

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I doubt men could cope with the increase in their sex drive

over a year ago

To quote Dex in The Tao of Steve:

"Both men and women want to have sex. It's natural, except we're on different timetables. Women want to have sex, like, y'know, fifteen minutes after us, so alright, if you hold out for twenty she'll be chasing you for five."

over a year ago

"No pills necessary.

over a year ago

"No pills necessary.

Prospectus required

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

There is an evolutionary reason..."

Perhaps you should have read or qouted the rest of the post.

Evolution and desire the need for sex and that connection are not gender specific.

Perhaps the concentration on the act itself without all those external factors that drive the desire for sex are not mutually exclusive.

To suggest that it is purely a matter if evolution misses the point.

By *olliPineCouple
over a year ago

swingers clubs

"

Total bullshit imo

So many men on here because they can't find sex anywhere else. Women generally don't need to go looking for sex. It comes to them.

Single guys will still struggle on here because it's skewed even more. The women are being found by a lot of men.

Nature has proven, as a male you need to put on a display to show you're better than the rest. The females do the picking, so can be picky if they wish.

To all you single guys out there. Your profile is the display that will get you noticed. Your first message is your chance to get your personality across.

Make the most of both and you could be the one that's picked.

You're competing with the rest of mankind here, good luck - may the best men win (or those who are good enough to fake it)

over a year ago

Brighton

"

Total bullshit imo

So many men on here because they can't find sex anywhere else. Women generally don't need to go looking for sex. It comes to them.

Single guys will still struggle on here because it's skewed even more. The women are being found by a lot of men.

Nature has proven, as a male you need to put on a display to show you're better than the rest. The females do the picking, so can be picky if they wish.

To all you single guys out there. Your profile is the display that will get you noticed. Your first message is your chance to get your personality across.

Make the most of both and you could be the one that's picked.

You're competing with the rest of mankind here, good luck - may the best men win (or those who are good enough to fake it) "

In many ways, this is actually my point. Men have to work harder for sex than women, who barely have to try at all

The question is why?

Anyway, it seems most people disagree with me, so I could be wrong in my assumption than men need sex more, even as a generalisation.

I would like to know why men seem do all the running though.

As for me personally, I already get all the sex I need from my partner. We are just trying to broaden our horizons. I still have to make more effort than my gf though.

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

"I don't think the ratio of men to women is governed by how much sex they want. I just think more men know about the site than women.

Also a lot of women could join and be overwhelmed by the messages they get before they've even set their profile up properly so they end up deleting their accounts. "

Did that on another site for those exact reasons

Post new Message to Thread