Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blocked by New woman

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Went on search and then hit the new woman icon. One woman we clicked on, we couldn't view her account because we were blocked. The women before and after her meant she had been registered for 10 mins.

A day or two before that, we were clicking on the photos of new women and reverse searched their photos on Google. Two accounts were fake so we reported them. They disappeared.

So can we conclude that the one that came up blocked, was one of them registering and then immediately blocking us to avoid possibly getting rumbled again?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That is a possibility. I don't understand why people do this. In my opinion, they should make it so you have to be photo verified before you can do anything.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's probably unlikely to conclude too much, other than that the new user had some clues that blocking was potentially a useful feature to use, whilst they establish themselves.

Whilst a high prevalence of people using fake pics in an area hints that more will follow, it's potentially better to let fab hold the bigger responsibilities for ing them out. You're doing well to be mindful of the fakes, to improve the quality of the site and save wasted efforts but it could be a never ending task.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"That is a possibility. I don't understand why people do this. In my opinion, they should make it so you have to be photo verified before you can do anything. "

Not sure why some people are obsessed with the idea that photo verification will stop fake profiles.... All it proves is that someone of the appropriate sex provided a photo. It doesn't prove they're genuine.

To the OP. Yes, probably but why worry?

Nita

over a year ago

"Went on search and then hit the new woman icon. One woman we clicked on, we couldn't view her account because we were blocked. The women before and after her meant she had been registered for 10 mins.

A day or two before that, we were clicking on the photos of new women and reverse searched their photos on Google. Two accounts were fake so we reported them. They disappeared.

So can we conclude that the one that came up blocked, was one of them registering and then immediately blocking us to avoid possibly getting rumbled again? "

Or they viewed your profile in ninja mode and decided you weren't for them? Shit happens but I'm sure there's thousands who haven't blocked you

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Here we go again...

Another whinge..

And someone else who feels the need to tell others what they should do to make fab in their own desired image ...

Ffs how many whiny threads can be posted in a day on here

over a year ago

"That is a possibility. I don't understand why people do this. In my opinion, they should make it so you have to be photo verified before you can do anything.

Not sure why some people are obsessed with the idea that photo verification will stop fake profiles.... All it proves is that someone of the appropriate sex provided a photo. It doesn't prove they're genuine.

Nita"

Genuine or not, at least the images are not going to pulled straight from Google.

over a year ago

"Went on search and then hit the new woman icon. One woman we clicked on, we couldn't view her account because we were blocked. The women before and after her meant she had been registered for 10 mins.

So can we conclude that the one that came up blocked, was one of them registering and then immediately blocking us to avoid possibly getting rumbled again? "

How would they know who reported them?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"That is a possibility. I don't understand why people do this. In my opinion, they should make it so you have to be photo verified before you can do anything.

NitaGenuine or not, at least the images are not going to pulled straight from Google. "

How do you know for sure? It's possible to photoshop quite effectively these days.

Nita

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Either that or someone who came back and didn't want you to know?

over a year ago

They wouldn't know who reported them. If it was someone using fake pics they may have already been reported and Admin suspended their account.

It says the same if they blocked you or if Admin suspended them.

over a year ago

"That is a possibility. I don't understand why people do this. In my opinion, they should make it so you have to be photo verified before you can do anything. "

over a year ago

"They wouldn't know who reported them. If it was someone using fake pics they may have already been reported and Admin suspended their account.

It says the same if they blocked you or if Admin suspended them."

But if you don't view them ninja. .they could put 2 and 2 together

over a year ago

"They wouldn't know who reported them. If it was someone using fake pics they may have already been reported and Admin suspended their account.

But if you don't view them ninja. .they could put 2 and 2 together "

Tis true... but newbie women get tons of views within the first few days. Lots of men want 'fresh meat'.

over a year ago

Tis true... but newbie women get tons of views within the first few days. Lots of men want 'fresh meat'. "

Yep. We're all animals waiting to pounce on newbies

over a year ago

Tis true... but newbie women get tons of views within the first few days. Lots of men want 'fresh meat'. "

Ah the numpties who believe that you get all these new gorgeous women joining every couple of minutes

over a year ago

Tis true... but newbie women get tons of views within the first few days. Lots of men want 'fresh meat'.

Yep. We're all animals waiting to pounce on newbies "

Did I say 'all' men? It's a fucking joke how many men ARE animals that pounce on newbies. I won't pretend they don't exist, just to stop the 'genuine, nice men' from getting their feelings hurt.

over a year ago

Did I say 'all' men? It's a fucking joke how many men ARE animals that pounce on newbies. I won't pretend they don't exist, just to stop the 'genuine, nice men' from getting their feelings hurt. "

Nobody said you did. Jeez.

over a year ago

If an account gets reported as fake it shows as blocked/suspended to everyone, so it's probably that they've been reported by someone and admin are looking at the account

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

Did I say 'all' men? It's a fucking joke how many men ARE animals that pounce on newbies. I won't pretend they don't exist, just to stop the 'genuine, nice men' from getting their feelings hurt.

Nobody said you did. Jeez."

this thread could take a slight detour

over a year ago

I heard that if you can get a fancy a fuck message to a newbie within 27 seconds of them joining you will always get a yes please from them

OP probably find it was your mum and she didn't want you knowing she was on here

By *ad_DriverMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

if they're new and you're blocked within minutes of them arriving...it could be that they need to be photo verified before their account will be approved.....

over a year ago

Nobody said you did. Jeez.this thread could take a slight detour "

Oooh where are we going?

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Chances are it's nothing at all to do with you and you're just assuming it is. Lots of accounts come up as blocked but I'm very certain they've never even been on my profile let alone taken the time to think I need blocking!!

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

New,old I get it all the time, wouldn't worry about it

over a year ago

Did I say 'all' men? It's a fucking joke how many men ARE animals that pounce on newbies. I won't pretend they don't exist, just to stop the 'genuine, nice men' from getting their feelings hurt. "

She's totally right and that is why so many new women are put off this site. The arsehole preditory men who pounce as soon as you join, scare the shit out of women who dont know the score.

over a year ago

She's totally right and that is why so many new women are put off this site. The arsehole preditory men who pounce as soon as you join, scare the shit out of women who dont know the score."

Thank you. x It's really not nice. I deleted my very first profile because of them.

(There's lovely men on here too of course.)

over a year ago

She's totally right and that is why so many new women are put off this site. The arsehole preditory men who pounce as soon as you join, scare the shit out of women who dont know the score.

Thank you. x It's really not nice. I deleted my very first profile because of them.

(There's lovely men on here too of course.)"

When I came back on this profile, I had no pics and a really shit profile thinking it would put anyone off messaging me. I didn't think I'd have to use any filters but I got lots of messages, some saying Hello sexy, hello gorgeous within a couple of minutes of the profile being up.

It's just so unnecessary and bloody desperate.

You can't post in the forums until you've been verified and have been on here for a week yet new people can get bombarded with messages before they've even worked out things like message filters.

I think single women should not receive any messages for the first three days of joining the site to help them get used to everything. It would stop a lot leaving very quickly.

over a year ago

(There's lovely men on here too of course.)"

There is definitely a pattern to it. Ive come back a few times. Each time nothing on my profile, no pics, no text. Within the first few hours hundreds of messages. I totally ignore them all. This results in a few abusive ones. Those get blocked. Then i bulk delete. A few more abusive ones blocked (how dare you delete blah blah). Then after a few days it calms down. I can then out pics and text up.

I know the score tho. Poor newbies dont and get scared off.

over a year ago

(There's lovely men on here too of course.)

When I came back on this profile, I had no pics and a really shit profile thinking it would put anyone off messaging me. I didn't think I'd have to use any filters but I got lots of messages, some saying Hello sexy, hello gorgeous within a couple of minutes of the profile being up.

It's just so unnecessary and bloody desperate.

You can't post in the forums until you've been verified and have been on here for a week yet new people can get bombarded with messages before they've even worked out things like message filters.

I think single women should not receive any messages for the first three days of joining the site to help them get used to everything. It would stop a lot leaving very quickly."

To your last paragraph!!

over a year ago

There are a huge number of fake profiles on Fab

There are a huge number of nobhead guys on Fab that have no idea how to treat women

There are a huge amount of attention seekers on Fab

Bear shits in woods

Post new Message to Thread