Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Really need a hug

Jump to newest

By *otchillicouple OP   Couple
over a year ago

all over

So hubby went for elective eye surgery with one eye being done Wednesday and second eye today Thursday. Considerable cost but we agreed (me pushing the great idea) wouldn't it be awesome to have 20/20 vision and not needing to wear reading or distance glasses ever again. So after first eye surgery he now can't see out of that eye, it hasn't worked and we are both scared. More tests next week and likely to have to undergo corrective surgery next week but so wish we hadn't started this journey.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sending you a big hug x

over a year ago

was this laser treatment - if it is i think hes been very unlucky as ive heard nothing but good things about it - huge hugs for you both xx

over a year ago

Really hope the next surgery goes as planned. Hope you're ok OP, big hug. X

over a year ago

all over

"was this laser treatment - if it is i think hes been very unlucky as ive heard nothing but good things about it - huge hugs for you both xx"

No I had the laser and it was amazing hubby had lens replacement and he seems to be 2 out of 28000 that just doesn't accept the new mullti focal lens. Just bad luck but you never expect it to be you.

over a year ago

all over

"Sending you a big hug x"
hug thankfully accepted xxx

over a year ago

all over

"Really hope the next surgery goes as planned. Hope you're ok OP, big hug. X"

Big hug back xxx

over a year ago

Sheesh, I used to work in the ophthalmic surgical field. What was the surgery?

Have they said what the likely outcome will be from the corrective surgery? Im sure your hubby will receive the greatest of care and attention. Wishing him a full recovery.

over a year ago

"was this laser treatment - if it is i think hes been very unlucky as ive heard nothing but good things about it - huge hugs for you both xx

No I had the laser and it was amazing hubby had lens replacement and he seems to be 2 out of 28000 that just doesn't accept the new mullti focal lens. Just bad luck but you never expect it to be you. "

over a year ago

"was this laser treatment - if it is i think hes been very unlucky as ive heard nothing but good things about it - huge hugs for you both xx

No I had the laser and it was amazing hubby had lens replacement and he seems to be 2 out of 28000 that just doesn't accept the new mullti focal lens. Just bad luck but you never expect it to be you. "

Can they implant one of the standard lenses?

over a year ago

Sending hugs and best wishes for next week x

over a year ago

Aw that seriously sucks hope it heals up ok.

over a year ago

Big hugs xx

over a year ago

all over

No I had the laser and it was amazing hubby had lens replacement and he seems to be 2 out of 28000 that just doesn't accept the new mullti focal lens. Just bad luck but you never expect it to be you.

Can they implant one of the standard lenses? "

We have more tests Monday and we hope if nothing is better than they will remove the multi focal lens and implant a standard one for correcting distance and then do the second eye but it's all a race against time as surgeon is now away for 3 weeks and so we will see someone else and then we go away for a month long road trip to the states just wish we hadn't started this.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Thoughts with you both, hope its a success!

over a year ago

all over

"Big hugs xx"

Thanks my sweetie man xxx

over a year ago

all over

"Sending hugs and best wishes for next week x "

Thank you hon x

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I had Cataract surgery 2 yrs ago this month and it was the best medical procedure I've ever had so far.

The euphoria is still wearing off but my operation was postponed twice before I got the correct lens as mine had to be made specifically fir me.

I take my hat off to these experts and can't thank them enough, so I say it should all work out in the end and my good wishes for a positive outcome.

over a year ago

Had a family member who had the same issues, can honestly say all was fine afyer a few weeks, stay positive..

Sending hugs and kisses your way xx

Ps he will just have to feel his way around

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Sending big hugs a best wishes to you. Hope that next week is successful and all works out in the long run.

Blue x

over a year ago

Can they implant one of the standard lenses?

We have more tests Monday and we hope if nothing is better than they will remove the multi focal lens and implant a standard one for correcting distance and then do the second eye but it's all a race against time as surgeon is now away for 3 weeks and so we will see someone else and then we go away for a month long road trip to the states just wish we hadn't started this. "

For what it's worth all the surgeons I know are amazing. It's a really simple procedure these days so swapping out the lens won't be a problem regardless of the consultant. Really don't worry about it, he will be fine.

over a year ago

all over

"Thoughts with you both, hope its a success!"

We've got through worse, that's what I keep telling beloved but it's so scary. We fought through an unexpected heart attack from one of the fittest men (genetic issue came to light too late) I know but somehow this seem worse because it was elective and we so could have avoided it by not being vain.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Thoughts with you both, hope its a success!

We've got through worse, that's what I keep telling beloved but it's so scary. We fought through an unexpected heart attack from one of the fittest men (genetic issue came to light too late) I know but somehow this seem worse because it was elective and we so could have avoided it by not being vain. "

Exactly you have got through worse. I believe good things happen to good people and all will be well..

That's what I have been saying to myself for years anyway and I'm a chipper sort of fella!

over a year ago

all over

"I had Cataract surgery 2 yrs ago this month and it was the best medical procedure I've ever had so far.

The euphoria is still wearing off but my operation was postponed twice before I got the correct lens as mine had to be made specifically fir me.

I take my hat off to these experts and can't thank them enough, so I say it should all work out in the end and my good wishes for a positive outcome.

"

Thanks I'm sure in a few week this will be a distant memory that's what I keep telling ourselves it's just very scary whilst you're going through it. We have nothing but admiration for the surgical team just seems we maybe unlucky but as I said before you never believe that's going to be you x

over a year ago

all over

"Thoughts with you both, hope its a success!"

Thanks xxx

By *aelawMan
over a year ago

Paisley

Definitely crossing my fingers for him. That must be scary, the mind is powerful when left to think. Keep us posted!

By the way, excellent replies everyone!

over a year ago

big hugs and best wishes to you

over a year ago

all over

"Had a family member who had the same issues, can honestly say all was fine afyer a few weeks, stay positive..

Sending hugs and kisses your way xx

Ps he will just have to feel his way around "

Thanks hon xxx

over a year ago

all over

"Sending big hugs a best wishes to you. Hope that next week is successful and all works out in the long run.

Blue x"

Thanks blue, will keep you posted I hope this is just a distant memory by the time we get to the states xxx

over a year ago

all over

"Definitely crossing my fingers for him. That must be scary, the mind is powerful when left to think. Keep us posted!

By the way, excellent replies everyone! "

Yes thanks everyone for the support and yes yiure right we will come though this and there are people much worse off than this but glad to ah e the hugs tonight thanks everyone xxx

over a year ago

all over

"big hugs and best wishes to you "

Wrapping myself in your hug thanks x

Post new Message to Thread