Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Going to Specsavers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been short sighted for most of my life and have had to wear glasses to correct this. As i'm getting older i now find that i need to take them off to see things close up, especially small print.

I've been told that this is because my eyesight is slowly getting better. This is good.

I've also been told that i might need bifocals as a result. No fucking way!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not getting better in the sense that you want need glasses....told me the same years back the lying fuckers...it gets bloody worse

over a year ago

"It's not getting better in the sense that you want need glasses....told me the same years back the lying fuckers...it gets bloody worse "

Well thanks a lot for that. I've got an appointment the end of this month so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"It's not getting better in the sense that you want need glasses....told me the same years back the lying fuckers...it gets bloody worse "

By *igBlondeDommeWoman
over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"It's not getting better in the sense that you want need glasses....told me the same years back the lying fuckers...it gets bloody worse

Well thanks a lot for that. I've got an appointment the end of this month so i guess i'll just have to wait and see. "

Glasses can look sexy ...

By *corpio67Man
over a year ago

hillingdon

Varifocals is the way to go!

Look like normal glasses but do both jobs

over a year ago

"It's not getting better in the sense that you want need glasses....told me the same years back the lying fuckers...it gets bloody worse

Well thanks a lot for that. I've got an appointment the end of this month so i guess i'll just have to wait and see. "

I tried bi focals and the verifocals and couldn't get away with then....just keep lifting your glasses on your head as I'm doing typing this

By *DontExistWoman
over a year ago

•+• Silicon valley. •+•

i'm confused about this topic but will just add i always get my glasses when there's a special offer on at specsavers.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Varifocals is the way to go!

Look like normal glasses but do both jobs "

Have to agree with this. Hubby just got varifocals and he loves them, saves him having to keep changing glasses for driving/reading

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Well thanks a lot for that. I've got an appointment the end of this month so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I tried bi focals and the verifocals and couldn't get away with then....just keep lifting your glasses on your head as I'm doing typing this"

Varifocals do take a bit of getting used to, but hubby gets on great with them now

over a year ago

I tried bi focals and the verifocals and couldn't get away with then....just keep lifting your glasses on your head as I'm doing typing this

Varifocals do take a bit of getting used to, but hubby gets on great with them now "

I kept bloody bumping into things

over a year ago

Glasses can look sexy ... "

It's not the continued need for glasses that bothers me, i've worn them for so long it's second nature. But bifocals? They're for old people.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Bloody hate wearing spec's

over a year ago

"Bloody hate wearing spec's "

Bet they make you look sexy.

over a year ago

I got fleeced by the opticians for a pair of blue light filtering beginners varifocals.

The blue light filter is great for the phone/tv and the slight varifocal effect means I no longer have to peer over or under my glasses to read things.

Still bloody pricy though!

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

"I've been short sighted for most of my life and have had to wear glasses to correct this. As i'm getting older i now find that i need to take them off to see things close up, especially small print.

I've been told that this is because my eyesight is slowly getting better. This is good.

"

I could have written your post word for word earlier this year .... and it'd got to the stage where continually taking my glasses off to see anything close up was driving me mad. So ... went to Specsavers, as you do, and came away with varifocals - which aren't for *old* people I'll have you know - and look like totally normal glasses. I didn't even need to 'get used' to them, they worked straight away for me ... it's more a question of raising and lowering your eyes slightly so you're looking through the upper or lower part of the lens, as appropriate, for long or short distances. I found that came naturally to me luckily and it was a huge relief to get my sight working properly again

over a year ago

"I've been short sighted for most of my life and have had to wear glasses to correct this. As i'm getting older i now find that i need to take them off to see things close up, especially small print.

I could have written your post word for word earlier this year .... and it'd got to the stage where continually taking my glasses off to see anything close up was driving me mad. So ... went to Specsavers, as you do, and came away with varifocals - which aren't for *old* people I'll have you know - and look like totally normal glasses. I didn't even need to 'get used' to them, they worked straight away for me ... it's more a question of raising and lowering your eyes slightly so you're looking through the upper or lower part of the lens, as appropriate, for long or short distances. I found that came naturally to me luckily and it was a huge relief to get my sight working properly again "

Oops.

over a year ago

I could have written your post word for word earlier this year .... and it'd got to the stage where continually taking my glasses off to see anything close up was driving me mad. So ... went to Specsavers, as you do, and came away with varifocals - which aren't for *old* people I'll have you know - and look like totally normal glasses. I didn't even need to 'get used' to them, they worked straight away for me ... it's more a question of raising and lowering your eyes slightly so you're looking through the upper or lower part of the lens, as appropriate, for long or short distances. I found that came naturally to me luckily and it was a huge relief to get my sight working properly again "

Came natural after all the eye rolling emojis

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

I could have written your post word for word earlier this year .... and it'd got to the stage where continually taking my glasses off to see anything close up was driving me mad. So ... went to Specsavers, as you do, and came away with varifocals - which aren't for *old* people I'll have you know - and look like totally normal glasses. I didn't even need to 'get used' to them, they worked straight away for me ... it's more a question of raising and lowering your eyes slightly so you're looking through the upper or lower part of the lens, as appropriate, for long or short distances. I found that came naturally to me luckily and it was a huge relief to get my sight working properly again

Came natural after all the eye rolling emojis "

Yeah, that'd be it

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Bloody hate wearing spec's

Bet they make you look sexy. "

Of course they do

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

Presbyopia is the term used by opticians, it starts to happen in our 40's but is often not noticed until later by those of us who are short sighted.

When we read our muscles inside the eye flex and contract to make the crystalline lens in the eye change shape, this is called accommodation. As we age our muscles don't work as effectively and the lens becomes less flexible, reducing our ability to accommodate.

Varifocals are the main lenses used to correct presbyopia these days, bifocals are seen as somewhat old fashioned within the optical business.

For contact lens wearers there are multifocal options available as well as mono vision.

Enjoy your visit to Speccies. It's my last day working for them on Friday after spending the last 6 years as an optical dispenser with nearly half of that with specsavers.

over a year ago

"Bloody hate wearing spec's

Bet they make you look sexy.

Of course they do "

I just need to drag my eyes away from your sexy body to find out.

over a year ago

"Presbyopia is the term used by opticians, it starts to happen in our 40's but is often not noticed until later by those of us who are short sighted.

When we read our muscles inside the eye flex and contract to make the crystalline lens in the eye change shape, this is called accommodation. As we age our muscles don't work as effectively and the lens becomes less flexible, reducing our ability to accommodate.

Varifocals are the main lenses used to correct presbyopia these days, bifocals are seen as somewhat old fashioned within the optical business.

For contact lens wearers there are multifocal options available as well as mono vision.

Enjoy your visit to Speccies. It's my last day working for them on Friday after spending the last 6 years as an optical dispenser with nearly half of that with specsavers. "

Thanks, i've got my fingers crossed.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Presbyopia is the term used by opticians, it starts to happen in our 40's but is often not noticed until later by those of us who are short sighted.

Enjoy your visit to Speccies. It's my last day working for them on Friday after spending the last 6 years as an optical dispenser with nearly half of that with specsavers. "

Haha I knew you'd be in this thread velma .

OP in simple terms our eyes age along with the rest of our body and we all need reading glasses eventually. Those of us who are short sighted can get away without them for a bit longer

over a year ago

I've had my varifocals for a few years now. They look like normal glasses and so much easier than changing pairs. But got mine from Asda and saved a fortune x

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

Enjoy your visit to Speccies. It's my last day working for them on Friday after spending the last 6 years as an optical dispenser with nearly half of that with specsavers.

Haha I knew you'd be in this thread velma .

OP in simple terms our eyes age along with the rest of our body and we all need reading glasses eventually. Those of us who are short sighted can get away without them for a bit longer"

Hehehe

It's hard to avoid threads where you have so many years of expertise in that area.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Varifocals do take a bit of getting used to, but hubby gets on great with them now

I kept bloody bumping into things "

That's your excuse

Post new Message to Thread