Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Responding to a 'no thanks' message

Jump to newest

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

Hi,

I was just wondering what you all thought about either receiving a 'thank you' message after sending a 'no thanks' message

Or, would you send one after being declined?

I know women and couples, in particular, receive so many messages, so is it just another to add to your never-ending mail list or is it appreciated?

Enquiring minds want to know!

M

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't mind. It can be nice. I'm not uptight though.

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

I always worry that, if a person has declined, they might not want to be messaged again. Yet I do appreciate the response irrespective of if it's a 'no thanks'.

over a year ago

I'm inclined to send one thanking them for taking the time to get back to me and wishing them all the best.

Manners cost nothing.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"I'm inclined to send one thanking them for taking the time to get back to me and wishing them all the best.

Manners cost nothing. "

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Hi,

I was just wondering what you all thought about either receiving a 'thank you' message after sending a 'no thanks' message

I know women and couples, in particular, receive so many messages, so is it just another to add to your never-ending mail list or is it appreciated?

M"

Females here tell us how some of them get a few hundred messages each day, I've no reason to doubt them.

Are they supposed to reply with 'no thanks' to each one?

Once I learned fact it never bothered me if I didn't get a reply

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"I'm inclined to send one thanking them for taking the time to get back to me and wishing them all the best.

Manners cost nothing. "

That's my take on it too!!

Thanks for your comment!

By *otchillicoupleCouple
over a year ago

all over

I (missus) always send very polite thanks but no thanks messages wishing them well etc and more often then not receive a thanks for the kind reply, it's nice and friendly that way. I haven't yet received any abuse or petulant messages and long may it continue x

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

If I receive a no thanks message I always reply thanking them for at least taking the time to look at my profile and bother to message back.

I know I have nowhere near as much mail to get through as the couples and single ladies so I appreciate that they have messaged me back.

It's nice to be nice

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We reply with no thanks and often get a thank you for replying.

It's just nice to be nice at times.

over a year ago

If I've sent a long thought out witty tailored and personalised message (and spell checked ). And I received just

No thanks

I won't waste their precious time with a reply.

If I feel they've gone to an effort in replying to me, I might show my thanks and send a quick 'ta for letting me know/down gently sort of mail.

I would t expect a reply to be honest, ignoring you is a polite no.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

So long as it's a polite 'thanks for letting me know' kind of message then I don't see the harm in it.

It's when it goes into the realms of 'thanks for letting me know but could you tell me why, or what can I do to convince you otherwise' that people rightly have a problem and give as a reason for not sending a 'no thanks' in the first place.

over a year ago

Manners cost nothing.

Thanks for your comment!"

If you send a no thank you reply, then receive a thanks for the no thanks message...

Is it considrred polite to send a thanks for the thanks for the no thanks message

over a year ago

Good question OP.......

In my own opinion, It does no harm to "thanks for at least replying" return message back - but then back off unless she/he/them contact you again - another dilemma is when someone who said "no thanks", keeps "looking" at your profile, is sort of gives out mixed message

over a year ago

We've never had a 'no thanks'

Who'd turn this ass down?

By *rightonCheekyMan
over a year ago

Brighton

1. Are you interested ?

2. No

3. Thank you for responding

4. You're very welcome

5. It's appreciated

6. No problem

7. I wish more were as polite

8. We try to be

9. Are you sure you don't want to meet?

And so on.

Alternatively move along, nothing to see here. Crack on !!

over a year ago

I don't mind getting a thanks message if I have messaged someone telling them no thanks. XXX

over a year ago

"We've never had a 'no thanks'

Who'd turn this ass down? "

Great point. Well made.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/09/17 10:23:40]

over a year ago

It's just being polite and that does no one any harm.

over a year ago

Sometimes I just delete one liners without reply however if it is a message that looks well thought out, I tend to reply, it's only courteous after all

over a year ago

Sometimes they just block to prevent you from replying

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"So long as it's a polite 'thanks for letting me know' kind of message then I don't see the harm in it.

It's when it goes into the realms of 'thanks for letting me know but could you tell me why, or what can I do to convince you otherwise' that people rightly have a problem and give as a reason for not sending a 'no thanks' in the first place."

I can't believe someone would actually be that needy..actually, I can!

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

Manners cost nothing.

Thanks for your comment!

If you send a no thank you reply, then receive a thanks for the no thanks message...

Is it considrred polite to send a thanks for the thanks for the no thanks message "

Brilliant

By *iredhandMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Manners cost nothing. "

This

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"We've never had a 'no thanks'

Who'd turn this ass down? "

I can believe that!

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"Sometimes I just delete one liners without reply however if it is a message that looks well thought out, I tend to reply, it's only courteous after all "

And that is appreciated!!

over a year ago

Manners cost nothing. "

+1

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"It's just being polite and that does no one any harm."

over a year ago

"I always worry that, if a person has declined, they might not want to be messaged again. Yet I do appreciate the response irrespective of if it's a 'no thanks'. "

I think it depends on the message you send in the first place, we got a message the other day offering money to A so that was an instant block without reply, if it's a nice message we tend to reply saying thanks for the interest but you aren't what we are looking for have a nice day then block as we've had too many people that we've let down nicely then send us another message saying the same thing the next day or in a couple days time, the block just saves us and them time

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

If someone has taken time to read my profile and send a nice message,or if they are new to the site, I always try to reply and say thank you even if I then say they're not what I'm looking for. I've had a few nice messages back and even ended up chatting a bit with some people. Single guys get a rough time so I try to beat that in mind.

over a year ago

I always say thanks if they say no, just polite.

over a year ago

We respond to all messages

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"I always worry that, if a person has declined, they might not want to be messaged again. Yet I do appreciate the response irrespective of if it's a 'no thanks'. "

Its a connundrum for me. No doubt they dont want a message to add to their hundreds. But I send a thanks for the reply message anyway. I can't not. Would feel rude.

over a year ago

If I say 'no thanks' to a guy, I neither expect nor need an acknowledgement - any response back won't get a reply so it's a waste of his time

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"If I say 'no thanks' to a guy, I neither expect nor need an acknowledgement - any response back won't get a reply so it's a waste of his time "

Nah. Just sending the thanks message meets my needs. So not a waste of time.

over a year ago

"So long as it's a polite 'thanks for letting me know' kind of message then I don't see the harm in it.

It's when it goes into the realms of 'thanks for letting me know but could you tell me why, or what can I do to convince you otherwise' that people rightly have a problem and give as a reason for not sending a 'no thanks' in the first place."

This really grinds my gears

Why do I need to explain to a guy that I have declined

When I get a message like that I tend to block because if I ignore they message again and again

over a year ago

Would I then need to send another one back saying thanks for your thanks?

over a year ago

I totally understand why some people won't send a "no thanks."

I've spoke to a lot of people on Fab, become friends and what not, and they have told me on multiple occasions how many mails they have. Anyone would honest be there all day saying no thanks. Would need to employ someone to do it.

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Country West

Some women would need 3 secretaries to deal with all the messages they get so you can understand why...

over a year ago

I always send a "thank you for the response" after been declined. Manners cost nothing boths ways and its nice to not be left hanging wondering if you'll get a reply or not later.

Also considering the amount of messages women get, to get a polite decline says to me "you said something right, youre just not her type."

By *infulSandyCouple
over a year ago

London

"Hi,

M"

We send a thank you even after being told no thanks. Fact is that person took the time to get back to you and that in itself is something to be appreciated.

That said we wouldn't criticise someone if they didn't send us one.

Like most things here it's a personal choice.

over a year ago

I/we always send a quick response of good luck and happy fabbing and then delete the message with a note against the profile so we leave them in peace but can still perv some great pics

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

"Would I then need to send another one back saying thanks for your thanks? "

Nope. But yeah i see your point lol

over a year ago

I try to send most a polite no thank you...wish you well on here etc..I'm certainly not offended if they then send a reply back saying Thank you etc...

Life is too short to have hang ups.

over a year ago

You could reply and say understandable, have a nice day but overall not much point is there

over a year ago

"I (missus) always send very polite thanks but no thanks messages wishing them well etc and more often then not receive a thanks for the kind reply, it's nice and friendly that way. I haven't yet received any abuse or petulant messages and long may it continue x"

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

If someone's obviously taken time to read my profile, and written something polite & intresting, then it's only decent to give them the courtesy of a polite reply, even if it is to say no thanks.

Most of the time I get a reply back, thanking me for responding.

I've even ended up having some very intresting chats with them after, which I'm more than happy to do if they're not pushing for more, which so far hasn't happened.

It's the rude senders who seem to think that another message will change your mind!

By *reman6976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Deeping St James

"

If someone's obviously taken time to read my profile, and written something polite & intresting, then it's only decent to give them the courtesy of a polite reply, even if it is to say no thanks.

Most of the time I get a reply back, thanking me for responding.

I've even ended up having some very intresting chats with them after, which I'm more than happy to do if they're not pushing for more, which so far hasn't happened.

It's the rude senders who seem to think that another message will change your mind! "

Post new Message to Thread