Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

GI or No GI?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To a lot of people that title will make no sense at all, but to some of us .......

maybe just yes no answers to maintain mystery

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Karate. Best to have one.

over a year ago

"Karate. Best to have one."

A nice snappy heavy one for the kata? KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYA!

By *aucycouple85Couple
over a year ago

Coalville

Gi... I like the traditional aspect

over a year ago

"Gi... I like the traditional aspect "

With or without hakama?

over a year ago

No gi. I like the speed and unpredictablilty (plus not being ch0ked when I don't expect it)

1 stripe white belt who trains once or twice a year

over a year ago

"No gi. I like the speed and unpredictablilty (plus not being ch0ked when I don't expect it)

1 stripe white belt who trains once or twice a year "

I like GI because I come from a judo back ground. Have you had a look at luta livre or CSW they are both no GI from the ground up, luta livre had some good leg locks and guard passes.

over a year ago

"No gi. I like the speed and unpredictablilty (plus not being ch0ked when I don't expect it)

I like GI because I come from a judo back ground. Have you had a look at luta livre or CSW they are both no GI from the ground up, luta livre had some good leg locks and guard passes. "

Yeah I did an Erik Paulson seminar many moons ago when I used to train at Bob Breens academy . Done judo, freestyle wrestling and BJJ but done Lutra Livre.

over a year ago

I like GI because I come from a judo back ground. Have you had a look at luta livre or CSW they are both no GI from the ground up, luta livre had some good leg locks and guard passes.

Yeah I did an Erik Paulson seminar many moons ago when I used to train at Bob Breens academy . Done judo, freestyle wrestling and BJJ but done Lutra Livre."

I came from judo JJJ and karate with a fair bit of dabbling and kick boxing am loving BJJ the whole culture of its friendly

over a year ago

Yeah I did an Erik Paulson seminar many moons ago when I used to train at Bob Breens academy . Done judo, freestyle wrestling and BJJ but done Lutra Livre.

I came from judo JJJ and karate with a fair bit of dabbling and kick boxing am loving BJJ the whole culture of its friendly "

If you find a good gym, it's legitimately like a second family

By *B1925Man
over a year ago

neath

Gi - background in traditional jujitsu. Also partial to go trousers and base layer for no go grappling. The trousers helped with traction for more control against an opponents skin.

Post new Message to Thread